Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41351 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2017, 03:58:29 pm »
Not a single person besides LEO packing there? I'll go ahead and guess that is going to change.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2017, 03:59:15 pm »
Extremists on both sides feel justified in their calls for violence and revenge or "resistance"...hence the reason they will defend their actions as perfectly legitimate and reasonable.

Unfortunately todays headlines do not bear out your hypothesis.

BassWrangler

« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2017, 03:59:45 pm »
My God, people are going insane...

@CatherineofAragon

Going? Already gone, I would say. It is an entirely predictable outcome from the worldview that the Democratic party has been promoting for the last 10 years or so. When you believe that your political opponents don't just have a different view, but are instead evil incarnate, what isn't justified?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #303 on: June 14, 2017, 04:00:26 pm »
Not a single person besides LEO packing there? I'll go ahead and guess that is going to change.
@don-o

Not in that part of Virginia and the District.  If anything McAwful and company will use this to try and clamp back down on gun laws in the area.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #304 on: June 14, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »
@don-o

Not in that part of Virginia and the District.  If anything McAwful and company will use this to try and clamp back down on gun laws in the area.

The DC mayor and council hate guns being in the hands of law abiding victims..

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #305 on: June 14, 2017, 04:06:50 pm »
The DC mayor and council hate guns being in the hands of law abiding victims..

Glad to see things haven't changed since I lived there.  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #306 on: June 14, 2017, 04:08:05 pm »
It's not just "one or two obscure  right wing internet sites"

There is just as much hatred and calls for violence on the right as there is on the left.

Pretending one side is worse than the other just exacerbates the problem.

Just take a look at the people here that call for violence...and the others that cheer them on...to see what I'm talking about.

I work in a medical environment that many on the right now consider to be left wing (Politics are strictly off limits there) and the threats I see seem to be coming from the right almost exclusively. Sadly I agree with the core issues of many of their complaints but there is no such thing as good irrationality and they are only driving me away. Not to the left, but away.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #307 on: June 14, 2017, 04:08:30 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Going? Already gone, I would say. It is an entirely predictable outcome from the worldview that the Democratic party has been promoting for the last 10 years or so. When you believe that your political opponents don't just have a different view, but are instead evil incarnate, what isn't justified?

This is my point. Not to say there aren't wackos on both sides, there always have been; but its clearly the left that has institutionalized the hatred and is driving things to a violent conclusion.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:11:21 pm by skeeter »

BassWrangler

« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2017, 04:08:43 pm »
@don-o

Can't pack during the work week, unfortunately; my employer has rules against even having the firearm in the car. A few years back there was an enployee who had his car, which was parked on campus, broken into. He told the police that a pistol was one of the items stolen. The police then notified corporate security about this. They let HR know. He was fired.

I would love to see legislation making it illegal for the company to restrict what is in MY car, even if parked in one of their parking garages. But realistically, in Washington State, that's not going to happen. I am more concerned with preventing them from eroding my rights further.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2017, 04:09:11 pm »
Some a$$ on FNC suggested the shooting was the result of Shakespeare in the Park and of course, lil eric just repeated that insanity.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #310 on: June 14, 2017, 04:09:44 pm »
I work in a medical environment that many on the right now consider to be left wing (Politics are strictly off limits there) and the threats I see seem to be coming from the right almost exclusively. Sadly I agree with the core issues of many of their complaints but there is no such thing as good irrationality and they are only driving me away. Not to the left, but away.

@Cripplecreek I know exactly what you mean.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #311 on: June 14, 2017, 04:10:24 pm »
Shooter's name is James Hodgkinson (sp?).  Sanders supporter from social media accounts.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:11:00 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

BassWrangler

« Reply #312 on: June 14, 2017, 04:11:05 pm »

@Cripplecreek

With all due respect, couldn't that be because you frequent mostly right-leaning media? The actual violence, not just the talking, seems to me to be coming almost exclusively from the lefties.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

So Ivanka is correct, about the level of viciousness.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

« Reply #314 on: June 14, 2017, 04:11:57 pm »
Save some for me?

@Sanguine

For you, I'll pull out a glass!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2017, 04:13:43 pm »
@don-o

Well yeah. But the fact that but for the presence of the armed detail, this would have been a blood bath. Gun laws or not; self preservation is going to rule.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2017, 04:15:47 pm »
Just like Obama telegraphs that rioting and shooting cops is OK, Trump has made it clear that the media are a legitimate target ("A clear and present danger")

If you are talking about that thread on the "politics"  forum,   that article was written by Sarah Hoyt,  an Author and Co-Blogger of Glenn Reynolds over at "Instapundit."   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2017, 04:16:05 pm »
This is my point. Its clearly the left that is driving things to a violent conclusion.
The view of most liberals I know (family members, friends, relatives) and of those I read on lib websites is that conservatives are the crazy people.
That is not the conclusion I come to after reading most of the literature and hearing most of the words from both sides.
Far right nut militarist and race groups notwithstanding, the left side definitely has the decided edge on lunatic members.  They're the ones who are convinced that since they have a lock on the truth, everybody else i.e. conservative Republicans, have no right to speak or even exist.
Hodgkinson is the logical result of many decades of hate focused on conservative Americans by the media and liberal pols.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2017, 04:16:06 pm »
Some a$$ on FNC suggested the shooting was the result of Shakespeare in the Park and of course, lil eric just repeated that insanity.

Offline SirLinksALot

I remember when Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford was shot.

The media and the Dems went nuts blaming Sarah Palin for her ads with a target sign targetting Gifford's district as one of those the Republicans consider vital to win the House. They blamed Palin for what the shooter did.

Now.... TOTAL SILENCE. Nothing on Kattie Griffin's Trump severed head, nothing on Trump as Julius Cesar being assassinated in New York's artsy "Shakespeare in the Park"

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:18:37 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #320 on: June 14, 2017, 04:17:59 pm »
It's not just "one or two obscure  right wing internet sites"

There is just as much hatred and calls for violence on the right as there is on the left.

What websites are you reading?   Perhaps you should read others.   I'm not seeing that in the places I go. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2017, 04:18:27 pm »
Well yeah. But the fact that but for the presence of the armed detail, this would have been a blood bath. Gun laws or not; self preservation is going to rule.

We can only hope self preservation rules the day.  Perhaps the Secret Service needs to get some CCW permits quickly approved for members of the Executive and those that are willing to carry in the House and Senate.

Back to the days of Reagan when even the POTUS kept a .38 in his briefcase.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2017, 04:19:06 pm »
Like I said before, I can't say what I really think because it would cause me to lose my standing here.

I'm not going to debate the merits of a child molestation conspiracy theory based on a pizza shop.

And you aren't going to provide any evidence to support your claim either.   

How about another silly picture?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #323 on: June 14, 2017, 04:20:09 pm »
I just hope that it was not anyone from TBR.

From what some of the NeverTrump have said, it could be any one of a dozen posters here.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #324 on: June 14, 2017, 04:20:52 pm »
 Reuters Politics‏Verified account @ReutersPolitics 10m10 minutes ago

BREAKING: Senator Bernie Sanders says suspected gunman in Virginia attack 'apparently volunteered' on his 2016 presidential campaign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34