Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41360 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2017, 03:43:42 pm »
Nah. She's setting it up so she can accuse anyone who calls democrats to account for their rhetoric, which obviously is responsible for increasing violence, of 'politicizing' the tragedy.

My take as well.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2017, 03:44:04 pm »
Really @txradioguy ... NOW you want fair and balanced?  Who the hell has been calling for impeachment and resistance since Nov. 9th?

Maybe you could save that for another time and place.

Silver Pines

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2017, 03:44:51 pm »
If it's tiring it may be because you are trying to fight battles that no one else here is interested in fighting.

I just asked on twitter if Trump was particularly quiet this morning and had a Trumper screech in all caps that I'm a terrorist.  :shrug:

Crazy is all around us.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2017, 03:45:18 pm »
One of these days...talking heads...political pundits and politicians on both sides of the aisle need to wake up pull their heads out and realize their heated inflammatory remarks have consequences.

All the stupid talk of revenge...watering the tree of Liberty..."the next civil war"...plays about killing the President...supposedly funny people holding up mock severed heads of a President all at some point will motivate people to do idiotic BS like this guy today.

I'll be glad when people who have a bully pulpit begin to think before they speak or hit send on a blog posting.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2017, 03:46:06 pm »

Exactly my point.  Saying something will never happen because it hasn't happened so far shows a lack of understanding about social forces and change. 

Anyone watching or reading the sands shifting into the hole at the bottom of the cultural glass should recognize that the civil society as we once knew it in this country is over.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2017, 03:47:27 pm »
Trump gave a good speech...no way to fault it.

"....and how does that make you feel?"   

just a little psychiatrist joke.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2017, 03:47:28 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

*passing over the wine bottle*

Save a pull for me*

*Looks like I picked a bad month to give up alcohol.

Offline Optiguy

DEAR CNN: Gunman Wanted To, ‘KILL As Many REPUBLICANS As Possible’ – Is THAT ‘News?’

CNN will likely be talking about this shooting non-stop. But do you think that they’re going to focus on THAT aspect?

Nope.

It’s going to be all about the guns and how the shooter got the guns.

Reports say that the gunman had a rifle and then, perhaps when he ran out of ammo, used a pistol.

Rep. Mark Walker (R-NC) told NBC News that the shooter ‘was there to kill as many Republican

http://clashdaily.com/category/news/

Cathy Griffin could not be reached for comment.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2017, 03:49:16 pm »
:facepalm:

Posting silly pictures is not an answer to the question.   I've seen information that makes it look as if there is something to "Pizzagate."   If someone has information that shows this is not the case,  I would like to see it.   

I do not accept "Everyone knows that!"   as "evidence."   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2017, 03:49:18 pm »

"....and how does that make you feel?"   

just a little psychiatrist joke.     :laugh:

@DCPatriot

I've given him credit before when I thought he deserved it.  Doesn't make me feel anything.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2017, 03:49:40 pm »
Save a pull for me*

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2017, 03:50:00 pm »
Save a pull for me*

@Wingnut

Lol, you'd best get over here quick.   :laugh:

Wingnut

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2017, 03:51:58 pm »
One of these days...talking heads...political pundits and politicians on both sides of the aisle need to wake up pull their heads out and realize their heated inflammatory remarks have consequences.

All the stupid talk of revenge...watering the tree of Liberty..."the next civil war"...plays about killing the President...supposedly funny people holding up mock severed heads of a President all at some point will motivate people to do idiotic BS like this guy today.

I'll be glad when people who have a bully pulpit begin to think before they speak or hit send on a blog posting.

Just like Obama telegraphs that rioting and shooting cops is OK, Trump has made it clear that the media are a legitimate target ("A clear and present danger")

Offline skeeter

« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »

Sorry. I just don't see the two sides of the ideological scale as being anywhere near equivalent.

The left is winning the 'hate-filled rhetoric and calls for violence' contest going away.

Naming one or two obscure right wing internet hate sites isn't going to convince anyone.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2017, 03:53:29 pm »
@Wingnut

Lol, you'd best get over here quick.   :laugh:

Save some for me?   

Wingnut

« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »
Just like Obama telegraphs that rioting and shooting cops is OK, Trump has made it clear that the media are a legitimate target ("A clear and present danger")

With your affinity for circular logic I am amazed you don't need watering twice a day.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2017, 03:55:44 pm »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2017, 03:55:52 pm »
Sorry. I just don't see the two sides of the ideological scale as being anywhere near equivalent.

The left is winning the 'hate-filled rhetoric and calls for violence' contest going away.

Naming one or two obscure right wing internet hate sites isn't going to convince anyone.

Give me a break.

On this very site someone proposed marching on Washington DC with guns.

I don't see either side as better with calls to violence any more.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2017, 03:56:01 pm »

It's not just "one or two obscure  right wing internet sites"

There is just as much hatred and calls for violence on the right as there is on the left.

Pretending one side is worse than the other just exacerbates the problem.

Just take a look at the people here that call for violence...and the others that cheer them on...to see what I'm talking about.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2017, 03:56:43 pm »
Save some for me?

Take mine.  I'll catch up later!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2017, 03:57:13 pm »
Give me a break.

On this very site someone proposed marching on Washington DC with guns.

I don't see either side as better with calls to violence any more.

Extremists on both sides feel justified in their calls for violence and revenge or "resistance"...hence the reason they will defend their actions as perfectly legitimate and reasonable.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »

Posting silly pictures is not an answer to the question.   I've seen information that makes it look as if there is something to "Pizzagate."   If someone has information that shows this is not the case,  I would like to see it.   

I do not accept "Everyone knows that!"   as "evidence."

Like I said before, I can't say what I really think because it would cause me to lose my standing here.

I'm not going to debate the merits of a child molestation conspiracy theory based on a pizza shop.