Author Topic: Trump accused the Freedom Caucus of 'saving' Obamacare. Its leader said it's not over.  (Read 44974 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
They kinda are.  Do you think it is better for conservatives and the country if Trump gets laughed out of office? 

Or driven out some other way?

I do not see how this is good for the country or conservatives.  I think we should .... well, if you can't support him because you are too dam noble ... then at least back off and give him a chance for say 120 days instead of 60.

Which will magically end up being demanded that we give him 1460 days before we are 'permitted' to hold Trump to account and stop giving him a 'chance'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump is embarrassing the country.

Trump is not embarrassing the country.  He may be embarrassing you.  And he is a good target for SNL types and sophisticates here. 

He has done nothing substantive to embarrass the country.  People here making themselves feel all superior by taking digs at him are being self-indulgent.  It's so much easier to criticize than to help.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

Trump is embarrassing the country.

I thought he started out pretty well, but failing to repeal obamacare is one of the biggest lies ever. I thought it was going well when he met with the Freedom Caucus, but now I find out he wouldn't discuss any particulars of the bill. He met with them to tell them they must vote for the bill as is.

Part of the problem is this lamebrained talking point that "the govt. will see that you get good healthcare". I don't want govt dictating my healthcare. If I did I would want obamacare.

We will see what happens between now and 2018, but if blaming conservatives and moving to the left is how the Pubs and Pres. Trump are going to respond I don't see any reason to support any of them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I thought he started out pretty well, but failing to repeal obamacare is one of the biggest lies ever. I thought it was going well when he met with the Freedom Caucus, but now I find out he wouldn't discuss any particulars of the bill. He met with them to tell them they must vote for the bill as is.

Part of the problem is this lamebrained talking point that "the govt. will see that you get good healthcare". I don't want govt dictating my healthcare. If I did I would want obamacare.

We will see what happens between now and 2018, but if blaming conservatives and moving to the left is how the Pubs and Pres. Trump are going to respond I don't see any reason to support any of them.

Well, see, he hasn't failed to repeal Obamacare.  His first try failed.  I do not see him moving to the left on any major issues.

As far as blaming conservatives, democrats and Darth Vader for the bill not passing, we all know that Trump is almost as good a blamer as a lot of people here.  Don't take it seriously.

I'm just suggesting that we not bail on Trump yet.  Don't think it would be a positive thing for the country if our first Republican president failed.  Forget his silly tweets and watch what he does.

Offline DB

Because a lot of people here are WHIIINERS.  Like on the old SNL show.  They are so determined to prove they were right in not wanting Trump, they refuse to give him the slightest break.

He made a mistake with supporting a bad replacement for Obamacare.

So, yeah, that's the end of the world as we know it.

What about all the great people he's appointed?  Do you think Obama's people were like this?  No, they STILL worship him.  Talk about worshipping a false god.

I'm accused of Trump drooling because I want to support him and give him a break.  I happen to live in the world where Trump is president.  I remember when Rush said about Obama,"I hope he fails."

Rush took a lot of flack but he was right.  I take considerable flack because I don't hope Trump fails.

Someone's crazy ... hope it's not me.

Respectfully, Obamacare 2.0 has a likely FAR bigger impact on our lives and our future than all of Trump's appointments. This is where the rubber meets the road and actually matters. When something is wrong, it is wrong no matter how much you want to believe/hope otherwise.

Offline corbe

They kinda are.  Do you think it is better for conservatives and the country if Trump gets laughed out of office? 

Or driven out some other way?

I do not see how this is good for the country or conservatives.  I think we should .... well, if you can't support him because you are too dam noble ... then at least back off and give him a chance for say 120 days instead of 60.

Ridicule seems to inspire him to noble heights, or stupid tweets, but either way, remember that Correspondents  Dinner when obummer tore into him, it fired him up and now He's OUR President, I'll compromise with ya @Emjay I'll give him 90 days, then I'm gonna join the Warren team and get him out of there. do I really need to add the /s

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:57:10 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

@bilo
@Emjay

The GOP’s Obamacare Repeal Bill Is Dead Because Trump Doesn’t Understand How Health Policy Works
It's hard to make a deal on a policy deal when you don't care about the policy.

Personally, I think it's embarrassing as hell when a man who purports to be the artist of the deal can't
get the deal done because he couldn't care less about the policy other than he wanted it, thus should
it be---without even bothering to take the time to discover why it was that enough people thought
it was a bad bill, but with among other things threatening those in his purported party who opposed
such a bad bill with retribution of one or another kind.

That's the kind of embarrassment we denounced, appropriately, when inflicted by such as Johnson, Nixon,
Clinton, and Obama, regardless of how early or late in their terms they were.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:59:46 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

Well, see, he hasn't failed to repeal Obamacare.  His first try failed.  I do not see him moving to the left on any major issues.

As far as blaming conservatives, democrats and Darth Vader for the bill not passing, we all know that Trump is almost as good a blamer as a lot of people here.  Don't take it seriously.

I'm just suggesting that we not bail on Trump yet.  Don't think it would be a positive thing for the country if our first Republican president failed.  Forget his silly tweets and watch what he does.

Reasonable advise, that's why I said between now and 2018.

Pres. Trump did really screw this up in that he didn't tell Ryan and McConnell right from the start that obamacare has to be repealed. Instead he left all the details to Ryan the "policy wonk" and told the conservatives to vote for it or else. You can be an autocrat/dictator when you run a business, but legislating won't work that way. We will see which direction Pres Trump and the Pubs want to go. If they go left there's no point in supporting them and Pres. Trump is gone in 2020. If they go right they can get the country back on track. We will know pretty soon.

I do know I don't like or trust liars. Right now the only people I like or trust are the Freedom Caucus members who fought to keep their promise of repealing obamacare.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Ridicule seems to inspire him to noble heights, or stupid tweets, but either way, remember that Correspondents  Dinner when obummer tore into him, it fired him up and now He's OUR President, I'll compromise with ya @Emjay I'll give him 90 days, then I'm gonna join the Warren team and get him out of there. do I really need to add the /s

yeah, well.  I guess not.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I hope the orange hoard here now realizes that Trump is fully committed to be at war with conservatives.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goodwithagun

I hope the orange hoard here now realizes that Trump is fully committed to be at war with conservatives.

Nope, it's just 12th dimensional chess. He's actually winning bigly. Srsly.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That is not true. Leadership can bury it in committee.

A majority can elect new leadership any time they want.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:20:50 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If that's not moving to the left I don't know what is.

Don't worry.  The local orange faction will spin this  this as Trump strategerizing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

The really sad part is that this was a golden opportunity to elect a real conservative.  Like we haven't seen in years and may not see again.  I can't help but wonder what President Cruz would have accomplished.  Or even one of the other less conservative but still better than what we have candidates.

I wouldn't count out a President Cruz in the future just yet. One thing to keep in mind with President Trump; he's going to have to deal with the same crappy leadership in both the House and Senate. McConnell and Ryan have always been part of the problem rather than the solution. Trump has it backasswards; it's Ryan and the RINO's that saved Bammycare, not the Freedom Caucus ... they actually saved his hide because now there is another chance to get it right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

Nope, it's just 12th dimensional chess. He's actually winning bigly. Srsly.

@goodwithagun

I'm sick of all this winning.  And when Trump hits up the Dems for help with his tax cuts, I'm going to be sick of winning again.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

If that's not moving to the left I don't know what is.
It's not moving to the left because he's always been on the left.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Silver Pines

You have a friend who used to know Rush?  Wow, and you can totally psychoanalyze him.  You and your friend should go into business.

Look, I've read enough of your posts to know your opinions pretty well.  You will never get 'scolded' here for anti-Trump sentiments...you're in the majority with those.

So, you know, have fun if it makes you feel all virtuous.

I'm just thinking about the country instead of how much Trump embarrasses me.

@Emjay

No, my friend told me what he knew about Rush, and he's in more of a position to do so than you or I.  All I know about Limbaugh is that he's a boring, stale, repetitive old gasbag.

Honestly, I think I've tried to be pretty polite with you, but you continue to try and assign false motivations and do your little snark thing, so I'm sick of making the effort.  So you think what you want and defend that fraud who couldn't care less about you or any of us, but don't expect it from me. 

Offline corbe

Trump Critic Joins The Donald In Attacking House Freedom Caucus

DIARY / Ulysses Arn //  Posted at 11:33 am on March 26, 2017 by Ulysses Arn

<..snip..>

One of those Republicans whose been saying(and voting) for these last 7 years to repeal Obamacare has been Illinois RINO Rep. Adam Kinzinger.

<..snip..>

As The Right Scoop reported Saturday Rep. Kinzinger told RealClearPolitics that he wants to see the Freedom Caucus taken on publicly and wants everyone to work instead with the non-existent centrists Democrats:

Rep. Kinzinger tells RCP: it’s time to forsake Freedom Caucus & work w centrist Dems. “I think that’s going to have to be the new coalition”

— Rebecca Berg (@rebeccagberg) March 25, 2017

Kinzinger says GOP & POTUS must publicly take on HFC. “I’ve been keeping pretty quiet on internal divisions. Now we have to expose them.”

— Rebecca Berg (@rebeccagberg) March 25, 2017

So why would someone who called Donald Trump everything from a WWE performer(true statement, see Wrestlemania 23) to a potty mouthed 4th grader join in the smearing and attacking of the Freedom Caucus for rightly pointing out the ACHA wasn’t in keeping with the promises every Republican in Congress, and the White House, made to we voters?

Well, thats because for the first time Adam Kinzinger and Donald Trump have common cause; hating on Conservatives for not being spineless squishes.

As longtime RedState readers may recall this isn’t the first time Kinzinger has gone on the warpath against the Freedom Caucus for getting in the way of the perfectly designed plans of the GOP establishment, which makes what Kinzinger told RCP a big, fat, whopper of a lie.

When the Freedom Caucus helped to push John Boehner out as Speaker of the House and then insured that Rep. Kevin McCarthy didn’t get promoted to the job Kinzinger went all over TV, radio, and print media to attack the Freedom Caucus, the so-called Freedom Caucus as he put it, because he thought that internal division being made public was bad for the GOP.

In Adam Kinzinger’s world a good Republican joins with Nancy Pelosi to revive the corporate welfare of the Export-Import Bank, agrees that Boeing should sell airplanes to Iran as a part of their deal with President Obama, and openly supports amnesty for illegal immigrants at every turn.

Congressman Kinzinger is also finding common cause with President Trump because he too has some longstanding issues with the Heritage Foundation and Club For Growth(along with FreedomWorks, conservative talk radio, and the Tea Party.)

The problem ladies and gentleman isn’t with the Freedom Caucus, or conservative Senators like Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz(who combined were enough no votes to ensure Obamacare lite would die in the Senate) the problem rest with lying politicians like Adam Kinzinger and Donald Trump.

The two of you didn’t campaign saying you’d repeal the individual mandate just to replace it with a different kind of individual mandate, you didn’t promise us that you’d eliminate Obamacare subsides and turn them into tax credits, you didn’t campaign on keeping the high premiums and deductibles of Obamacare in place. You told us voters you would repeal Obamacare and this ACHA bill debacle just goes to show that we’ve been lied to. Not like that’s something new for Adam Kinzinger who lied during his entire 2010 campaign promising us Tea Party conservatives in Illinois that he was one of us, when he wasn’t, man gets a 33% rating at Conservative Review for a reason.

Enough of the lies, either get behind Rand Paul’s bill or dust off that same bill that passed last year so the entire nation can move on from the nightmare Obamacare and government run healthcare has created.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/ulyssesarn/2017/03/26/strangest-bedfellows-major-trump-critic-joins-donald-attacking-house-freedom-caucus/?utm_source=thenewamericana.com

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Respectfully, Obamacare 2.0 has a likely FAR bigger impact on our lives and our future than all of Trump's appointments. This is where the rubber meets the road and actually matters. When something is wrong, it is wrong no matter how much you want to believe/hope otherwise.

True beyond measure.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Maybe this evening we can discuss why

Actually @CatherineofAragon you stated you feel berated.  My only interest is in knowing why.

If that doesn't interest you ... well, so be it.

Take care.

Offline roamer_1

Riiiight.  You don't see him moving Left at all.

Well technically, he can't move to the left because he is already there (WAY over there). The mistake is in believing that he had ever moved to the right in the first place.

Offline roamer_1

It's not moving to the left because he's always been on the left.

HA! GMTA

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

No, my friend told me what he knew about Rush, and he's in more of a position to do so than you or I.  All I know about Limbaugh is that he's a boring, stale, repetitive old gasbag.

Honestly, I think I've tried to be pretty polite with you, but you continue to try and assign false motivations and do your little snark thing, so I'm sick of making the effort.  So you think what you want and defend that fraud who couldn't care less about you or any of us, but don't expect it from me.

I expect nothing from you.