Author Topic: Trump Seeks Sharp Increases In Military Spending, "Drastic Cuts" To State Department, EPA  (Read 8807 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Bigun

Well,I am completely unqualified to state unequivocally what the Navy needs and what the Navy doesn't need because I have never been in the Navy,and nobody has ever invited me to join an alleged "Think Tank" in DC,but  it seems to me that ships build for WW-1 would serve to defeat the mighty Navies of Islam in their ski boats and barges,and Islam IS the world wide threat these days.

The fact is,IF we wanted,we could wipe out the tribal leadership of Islam in a month or so if we wanted,and the rest of them would just wander around and starve to death in the desert. This is NOT a modern educated and advanced civilization that has declared war on us. They are basically the same ignorant shitheads they were a thousand years ago. Take out their educated leadership,and they are lost.
I dunno. Kill one nasty b@stard, and there is another one willing to step up and be the head nasty b@stard for as long as they last. The nastier you are, the longer you last. If you need brains, send for a cousin's cousin in the States or Europe at University...It's the reason you send those endowments.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Well,I am completely unqualified to state unequivocally what the Navy needs and what the Navy doesn't need because I have never been in the Navy,and nobody has ever invited me to join an alleged "Think Tank" in DC,but  it seems to me that ships build for WW-1 would serve to defeat the mighty Navies of Islam in their ski boats and barges,and Islam IS the world wide threat these days.

The fact is,IF we wanted,we could wipe out the tribal leadership of Islam in a month or so if we wanted,and the rest of them would just wander around and starve to death in the desert. This is NOT a modern educated and advanced civilization that has declared war on us. They are basically the same ignorant shitheads they were a thousand years ago. Take out their educated leadership,and they are lost.

I agree with that. Wasn't even thinking of ISIS when I said that.  The key to the entire ME situation is undoing the damage done by Jimmiuh  CaaaaTA  by getting rid of those Mullahs currently running Iran!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

@endicom

Yes,they do,according to THEIR standards for friendships. They have political friends they have bribed and been bribed by ,covered up for and been covered up by,that they trust implicitly because of Mutually Assured Political Destruction.

THOSE are their friends. Witness Babs Bush calling Bubba Clinton "The son I never had."

Probably not friends on the same basis as our friends,but by THEIR "standards",friends none the less. After all,they are all in the same bidnez,robbing America blind and selling her for personal profits and power.
Skull and Bones (and other such). Everyone has dirt on everyone, none is without sin. It keeps everyone in line, despite power squabbles.  Ya gotta be without sin to throw stones, or something gets outed. If they don't have something you'll be found driving (actually, being driven with the lights off) around the tidal basin with a topless babe just in time for the police...and the scandal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilbur_Mills

Play ball or they'll run you off.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

Ya gotta be without sin to throw stones...

Or be Trump.

Online Smokin Joe

Or be Trump.
We'll see what happens. The rush to discredit media (not that the media don't deserve it) will get us in the habit of ignoring them, and that has inherent dangers as well. It is good that even the most vile anti-Trump articles can be posted here and dissected, exposed rationally for their absence of truth rather than a emotional and knee-jerk response.

Hopefully, the habit of certain parties seeking to crucify the messenger will abate and we can get on with the fun of shredding the media  lies without the circular firing squad. At the same time, we can assess the quality or lack thereof of the MSM assertions.

Just because the boy is crying "Wolf!", doesn't mean something isn't eating the sheep.

C S Lewis

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I agree with that. Wasn't even thinking of ISIS when I said that.  The key to the entire ME situation is undoing the damage done by Jimmiuh  CaaaaTA  by getting rid of those Mullahs currently running Iran!

Big key is undoing the Obama/Corker deal with Iran and getting right with Russia. Our mutual interests in toppling those crazy **'ers running that horror show must be promoted.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@txradioguy

It does no good to have the ships on the line if there are not enough sailors around to populate them. I haven't really paid much attention to manpower levels or problems but it seems to me I have read that enlistments in the Navy are down now that the draft has ended. Plus all the PC nonsense of "Whymen Power" and AA promotions of whymen and minorities that don't deserve promotions has convinced a lot of the good people to get out that might have considered it to be a career.

I've never been in the Navy,but I'm guessing it is pretty hard to effectively run a modern warship with new hires lacking in experience.

My kid was USAF. Jet mechanic on the 117/22/35 and finished her career in a set of blues flying Hagel around.  She'd be the first to tell you that by far, most women in the military don't belong there. PC was why she and many of her fellow soldiers bailed before getting their 20 in. The damage Barry AND the GOP giving him free rein to socially engineer the armed forces EDIT is astronomical.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:08:31 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline endicom

The rush to discredit media (not that the media don't deserve it) will get us in the habit of ignoring them, and that has inherent dangers as well.

Not the news media, per se, but the entrenched, big money news media. The more they are catered to is the more they are entrenched.

Online Smokin Joe

Not the news media, per se, but the entrenched, big money news media. The more they are catered to is the more they are entrenched.
Well, let's not cater to them, but dissect their lies. The only way to fight them is to strip them of relevance, and facts and logic are still the best weapons.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My kid was USAF. Jet mechanic on the 117/22/35 and finished her career in a set of blues flying Hagel around.  She'd be the first to tell you that by far, most women in the military don't belong there. PC was why she and many of her fellow soldiers bailed before getting their 20 in. The damage Barry AND the GOP giving him free rein to socially engineer the armed forces EDIT is astronomical.

My niece served 12 years in the Air Force. Raped in Germany by a fellow airman, and eventually left the service in disgust, because higher ups essentially brushed it under the carpet.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Quote from: Smokin Joe on Today at 10:13:03 AM

Ya gotta be without sin to throw stones...

Or be Trump.

@Smokin Joe   @endicom

First of all,you have to HAVE some stones. Seems like the surgical removal of stones is a prerequisite required to run for office these days.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

not if you run as a trans whatever... **nononono*

C S Lewis

Offline LonestarDream

Wish I could believe the Chinese are not military threats.  Russia would take over all the East European countries over again it she could.  Starting with finishing off Ukraine. 

@LonestarDream

The Chinese and the Russians don't really represent a military threat to us anymore. Economic threats,yes. Military threats,no. In fact,Russia SHOULD be our most important ally in the war Islam declared on the west.

The Muddle East is only a threat because we allow it to be a threat for political reasons. Cut the heads off the snakes,and the rest of it dies.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

:amen: :amen: and  :amen:

More directly stated, remove the Mullahs from power in Iran and the problem is largely solved!

Agreed.  Glad to ISIS getting rolled up in Mosul.

Online Smokin Joe

Wish I could believe the Chinese are not military threats.  Russia would take over all the East European countries over again it she could.  Starting with finishing off Ukraine.
This might interest you http://www.jeffhead.com/ebookdownload/DFS-WorldWar.pdf

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wish I could believe the Chinese are not military threats.

@LonestarDream

They're not a threat to anyone militarily. Hell,the VN Army kicked their asses and chased them away after we left,and unlike  us,the Chinese were actually trying to win.

All their equipment is Soviet surplus,including their weapons systems.

They might be a threat to the Philippines over that artificial island they are building to try to claim the oil under the sea there,but only because they outnumber them by at least 100 to 1 and have weapons systems the Filipinos don't have.

Russia would take over all the East European countries over again it she could.  Starting with finishing off Ukraine.

Yeah,I'm not so sure of that,either. Russia would like to have Ukraine as a buffer between them and the western nations lusting after their natural resources,but the truth is Russia doesn't want or need anything they don't already have an abundance of. About the only thing I can think of they are short of is Russians.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:13:00 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This might interest you http://www.jeffhead.com/ebookdownload/DFS-WorldWar.pdf

@Smokin Joe

I was supposed to have been a co-author with Jeff on those books,and contributed to the outline and the first couple of chapters,and then I got too sick to do anything,so I dropped out and wished him well.

IMHO,Jeff did a world-class job writing that series. I wish I had remained well so I could have ridden on his coattails and not only shared some glory but learned some writing skills,but beyond the VERY initial discussions between us about the basic outline,the plot,character development ,and ALL of the writing are all Jeff and he gets all the credit.

I lost contact with him after leaving FR,but last I heard he had really been sick,and was thought to be getting better. I THINK it was some form of cancer. If anyone knows his current condition,I would greatly appreciate learning it. If anyone is still in contact with him,tell him I said hello and am sending him my best wishes.

BTW,have you read Matt Bracken books? If not,you owe it to yourself. He is a former SEAL Platoon Leader,and FR poster. Last I heard he was living in Florida and writing more books.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=matt+bracken+kindle+books&tag=googhydr-20&index=digital-text&hvadid=181538275108&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10325409423658767679&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026755&hvtargid=kwd-187406721640&ref=pd_sl_g2gn2de14_b
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:25:03 pm by sneakypete »

Offline LonestarDream

China is building jets, ICBMs and other advanced weapon systems.  China and Russia are building hypersonic carrier killer missiles.   There is plenty to worry about.  Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons.  Not enforcing the Budapest memorandum signed under Clinton, sends a signal to other countries like Iran and NK to proliferate more.

@LonestarDream

They're not a threat to anyone militarily. Hell,the VN Army kicked their asses and chased them away after we left,and unlike  us,the Chinese were actually trying to win.

All their equipment is Soviet surplus,including their weapons systems.

They might be a threat to the Philippines over that artificial island they are building to try to claim the oil under the sea there,but only because they outnumber them by at least 100 to 1 and have weapons systems the Filipinos don't have.

Yeah,I'm not so sure of that,either. Russia would like to have Ukraine as a buffer between them and the western nations lusting after their natural resources,but the truth is Russia doesn't want or need anything they don't already have an abundance of. About the only thing I can think of they are short of is Russians.

Offline endicom

@Smokin Joe

I was supposed to have been a co-author with Jeff on those books,and contributed to the outline and the first couple of chapters,and then I got too sick to do anything,so I dropped out and wished him well.

IMHO,Jeff did a world-class job writing that series. I wish I had remained well so I could have ridden on his coattails and not only shared some glory but learned some writing skills,but beyond the VERY initial discussions between us about the basic outline,the plot,character development ,and ALL of the writing are all Jeff and he gets all the credit.

I lost contact with him after leaving FR,but last I heard he had really been sick,and was thought to be getting better. I THINK it was some form of cancer. If anyone knows his current condition,I would greatly appreciate learning it. If anyone is still in contact with him,tell him I said hello and am sending him my best wishes.

BTW,have you read Matt Bracken books? If not,you owe it to yourself. He is a former SEAL Platoon Leader,and FR poster. Last I heard he was living in Florida and writing more books.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=matt+bracken+kindle+books&tag=googhydr-20&index=digital-text&hvadid=181538275108&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10325409423658767679&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026755&hvtargid=kwd-187406721640&ref=pd_sl_g2gn2de14_b

Terminal bone cancer as of last November. But he is apparently still with us.

@sneakypete
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:11:45 pm by endicom »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Terminal bone cancer as of last November. But he is apparently still with us.

@sneakypete

He posted on his FB page Feb. 26th.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
China is building jets, ICBMs and other advanced weapon systems.

Advanced for China,maybe,but they are old Russian designs the Russians have sold them licenses to produce.

China and Russia are building hypersonic carrier killer missiles. 

Yes,but once again they are Russian designs,and we have systems in place to counter them. China also has Russian aircraft carriers,but once again,they are probably connected to China trying to snatch up the oil in the open sea and building an island there so they can claim it as their own. That is a concern for the Philippines and the Japanese,but not to us.

There is plenty to worry about.

There is if you like to worry.

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Yes, I have signed copies of the trilogy and Castigo Cay. I have a childhood friend who was in the teams, too. I like Matt, but haven't heard from him since I left FR. He's still posting over there.

I just checked, and Jeff is still posting there as well. He is fighting liver cancer at present. You might want to drop him a line. Check your pm for the e-mail.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, I have signed copies of the trilogy and Castigo Cay. I have a childhood friend who was in the teams, too. I like Matt, but haven't heard from him since I left FR. He's still posting over there.

I just checked, and Jeff is still posting there as well. He is fighting liver cancer at present. You might want to drop him a line. Check your pm for the e-mail.

@Smokin Joe

Thank you. I just sent him a email a few mintues ago.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yes,but once again they are Russian designs,and we have systems in place to counter them.

You sure about that?

The Sunburn can deliver a 200-kiloton nuclear payload, or: a 750-pound conventional warhead, within a range of 100 miles, more than twice the range of the Exocet. The Sunburn combines a Mach 2.1 speed (two times the speed of sound) with a flight pattern that hugs the deck and includes “violent end maneuvers” to elude enemy defenses. The missile was specifically designed to defeat the US Aegis radar defense system. Should a US Navy Phalanx point defense somehow manage to detect an incoming Sunburn missile, the system has only seconds to calculate a fire solution –– not enough time to take out the intruding missile. The US Phalanx defense employs a six-barreled gun that fires 3,000 depleted-uranium rounds a minute, but the gun must have precise coordinates to destroy an intruder “just in time.”

http://www.metafilter.com/88559/The-Russian-antiship-missile-we-have-no-defense-against

The Naples-based U.S. 6th Fleet made an urgent request last year to acquire the missile-launcher, the SeaRAM Close-In Weapon System, for installation on the Porter and three other destroyers based in Rota, Spain. Their concern is the advanced anti-ship cruise missiles being installed by Russia on its surface ships, aircraft, submarines and coastal defense sites.

http://www.stripes.com/news/russian-missiles-prompt-navy-to-look-at-ships-close-in-defenses-1.403477#.WLbRA_Au87F

New tech old tech...you throw enough missiles at a ship or an escort group...no matter what kind of layered defenses they have...you're not going to get all of them.

That is a concern for the Philippines and the Japanese,but not to us.

You really don't want us to have any allies in the world do you?  This is a concern to us as well.  China is claiming territorial waters out to a certain point it is actually overlapping other countries territorial borders.  That should be a serious concern to everyone.  The last thing we need to do is go into turtle mode.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LonestarDream

The Sunbird is a real concern.

You sure about that?

http://www.metafilter.com/88559/The-Russian-antiship-missile-we-have-no-defense-against

http://www.stripes.com/news/russian-missiles-prompt-navy-to-look-at-ships-close-in-defenses-1.403477#.WLbRA_Au87F

New tech old tech...you throw enough missiles at a ship or an escort group...no matter what kind of layered defenses they have...you're not going to get all of them.

You really don't want us to have any allies in the world do you?  This is a concern to us as well.  China is claiming territorial waters out to a certain point it is actually overlapping other countries territorial borders.  That should be a serious concern to everyone.  The last thing we need to do is go into turtle mode.