Author Topic: Trump Seeks Sharp Increases In Military Spending, "Drastic Cuts" To State Department, EPA  (Read 8753 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

We don't spend enough on defense.

@txradioguy

Are  you ever right about anything?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We're spending a lot of it in the wrong places and in the wrong ways.

@geronl   @txradioguy

THERE YA GO!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Obama came as close to purposely breaking the military as any Liberal president in my lifetime.

@txradioguy

Close,but no cigar. Obomber came in a close second,but Jim-Mah Cawtur is the undefeated Champ when it comes to destroying the US Military.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Removed quote.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:47:03 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Close,but no cigar. Obomber came in a close second,but Jim-Mah Cawtur is the undefeated Champ when it comes to destroying the US Military.

When you look at the state of affairs of our military now...and I say that as someone with a front row seat and who studied what Carter did...Odumbo beat him by a country mile.

Never mind sequestration and the fact we have planes falling out of the sky due to lack of parts and maintenance...ships in dry dock for years because there's no money ro refit them...and three of 58 Army combat battalions ready to go if necessary......when you add in the social engineering he's done...he tops Carter.  DADT repeal...women in combat arms jobs...gay "marriage" and the benefits now afforded to same sex partners...he did insidious damage to morale of the soldiers and their dependents in ways that Carter never dreamed of.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When you look at the state of affairs of our military now...and I say that as someone with a front row seat and who studied what Carter did...Odumbo beat him by a country mile.

Never mind sequestration and the fact we have planes falling out of the sky due to lack of parts and maintenance...ships in dry dock for years because there's no money ro refit them...and three of 58 Army combat battalions ready to go if necessary......when you add in the social engineering he's done...he tops Carter.  DADT repeal...women in combat arms jobs...gay "marriage" and the benefits now afforded to same sex partners...he did insidious damage to morale of the soldiers and their dependents in ways that Carter never dreamed of.
Don't leave out Bill Clinton, either. Fleet reductions alone were staggering, but the contempt for the troops came out every chance it got. But I agree, Odumbo has damaged the Military in ways which will take more than upgrades in weaponry and training to undo.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Don't leave out Bill Clinton, either. Fleet reductions alone were staggering, but the contempt for the troops came out every chance it got.

I remember...three combat divisions fell below deployment readiness...two years of no acquisitions of munitions...parts...equipment etc.

But I agree, Odumbo has damaged the Military in ways which will take more than upgrades in weaponry and training to undo.

Some of it may not be undoable...and that's the sad part. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

Some of it may not be undoable...and that's the sad part.
Anything is undoable. Unfortunately, the cure can be almost as damaging as the problem, and attrition of some sort is involved.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
All my life I have heard calls to eliminate waste, fraud and abuse from defense spending. All my life I have seen suppliers sign a contract, then come back wanting and getting more money.

Seems like a fixed game and taxpayers and the troops get repeatedly screwed over.

@don-o

Seems that way only because it IS that way. The Dims love prolonging war because it keeps their major donors in the northeast and the left coast happy and expanding their defense industry corporations,and the alleged Republicans like it because it keeps unemployment down and keeps THEIR contributions from the same defense industries that own the Dims making the monthLy payments on THEM. Nothing the alleged Republicans love more than playing the "I'm more patriotic than anyone else!" game while getting bags of cash from the defense industry. Also,most military bases are in the south or in Republican areas of the north and west,and nothing rallies those voters like speeches strong on defense spending.

Anybody that doubts anything I wrote above,just ask  yourself "WHEN was the last time we used our VASTLY superior military might to win a war?"

The desire to win wars seems to have stopped in 1945,and since them the goal seems to have been to keep them going as long as humanly possible,and then declare a stalemate "tie",and have all the armies retreat to their corners to get treated by their corner men so they will be ready to go again at the first opportunity.

IF we had the desire,we would have defeated North Korea within a few months,and China would have thanked us for not destroying China.

IF we had the desire,we would have ended the VN war in just a few months by telling the North Vietnames "You have 30 days to pull all your agents and troops out of South VN and start pulling them out of Cambodia and Laos,or we will kill everything that walks,crawls,or flies in,around,or over Hanoi. Any of the communist leadership that manages to escape will be tracked down and executed where found,as found. This is Day One.",and THAT war would have ended within 30 days,saving maybe a million Asian and American lives and preventing untold suffering.

Same thing with this perpetual war with Islam. THEY have declared war on us,so why haven't WE declared war on Islam,and started taking those creatures off the planet,starting with the various kings,princes,and mullahs? Anybody thing those mostly ignorant and illiterate idiots that serve as their soldiers are going to keep playing Jihad when the money is shut down and they and their families at home start starving to death?

The war is still going on ONLY BECAUSE WE ALLOW IT TO GO ON.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Her ass.

I don't know what the point is to inventing problems to blame Trump for. 

@Norm Lenhart

The point is they are Party People,not Americans,and Trump is a serious threat to the power of their Party Leaders. He is an outsider,and they hate all outsiders.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:16:47 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

@Norm Lenhart

The point is they are Party People,not Americans,and Trump is a serious threat to the power of their Party Leaders. He is an outsider,and they hate all outsiders.
I suspect the GOPe will work behind the scenes, if not blatantly to undermine Trump, just as they ignored the TEA party folks and others. When you get right down to it, Cruz was outside that GOPe country club, too, and his working with Trump on issues he is in agreement with shows that. I don't expect Cruz to abandon principle to back Trump, but at Iowa, they were at least 80% in agreement on policy before the nasty crap started.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Obama used Ambassadorships to reward money bundlers and other assorted people who had no business or qualifications for being his representative in a foreign country other than their ability to kiss his @ss.

@txradioguy

Sadly,that has been SOP for almost all of the presidents. Look at Boy Jorge and the "out" homosexual college roommates and friends of his that he gave important European ambassadorships to. One even took his "man mate" with him to be his official "wife" at embassy events.

I'm hoping Trump will be an exception to that,and think he will. Mainly because he kisses his own ass and this sort of makes him immune from being impressed when other people kiss his ass. His ass has already been kissed by "the best",namely him,so why would he be impressed by someone just doing what he expects them to do?

Plus,he really doesn't have any friends. Only business associates,and he doesn't think he owes any of them a single damn thing. Him being a narcissist may actually work in America's favor because the main force driving him and his actions will be the history books,and how they will describe him and his presidency. No one and nothing else is as important to him as the history books.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
150 countries?  I'd seriously like to see where you get that from.

@geron  @txradioguy

He's including embassy guards and military attaches to come up with that number. Technically it is the true,although the reality is it is a lie because most people will read that and thing we have combat troops deployed all over the globe.

In other words,"winning political games" is more important to him than the actual truth.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Very true.  But the Chinese , Russians and Iranians and ISIS means we need to rebuild.

@LonestarDream

The Chinese and the Russians don't really represent a military threat to us anymore. Economic threats,yes. Military threats,no. In fact,Russia SHOULD be our most important ally in the war Islam declared on the west.

The Muddle East is only a threat because we allow it to be a threat for political reasons. Cut the heads off the snakes,and the rest of it dies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tell me Captain Pedantic, can you grasp a thinner straw?

@Norm Lenhart

Captian Prozac is more like it.

I'm beginning to suspect his initials are JEB.

Offline endicom

Plus,he really doesn't have any friends.

Do the Kennedys or Bushes? They have family and la famiglia stays tight.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From what I reading we don't have the capability to put up a serious challenge to the Chinese Navy right now.

CNO says they need money to repair the ships in drydock before they start looking at expanding g the fleet. We've got ships that have had serious maintenance put off for two years if not longer.

LOL we may have to hire those Somali Pirates to help us out.

@txradioguy

It does no good to have the ships on the line if there are not enough sailors around to populate them. I haven't really paid much attention to manpower levels or problems but it seems to me I have read that enlistments in the Navy are down now that the draft has ended. Plus all the PC nonsense of "Whymen Power" and AA promotions of whymen and minorities that don't deserve promotions has convinced a lot of the good people to get out that might have considered it to be a career.

I've never been in the Navy,but I'm guessing it is pretty hard to effectively run a modern warship with new hires lacking in experience.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@txradioguy

Ok,ya got me. You are right and I was wrong. I had never even consider the PC damage done by Obomber. Maybe because it really started under Carter and was expanded by Bush. Still,that is no excuse because Obomber expanded that stupidity on epic levels. What was once considered to be unthinkable,is not accepted as normal.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@LonestarDream

The Chinese and the Russians don't really represent a military threat to us anymore. Economic threats,yes. Military threats,no. In fact,Russia SHOULD be our most important ally in the war Islam declared on the west.

The Muddle East is only a threat because we allow it to be a threat for political reasons. Cut the heads off the snakes,and the rest of it dies.

:amen: :amen: and  :amen:

More directly stated, remove the Mullahs from power in Iran and the problem is largely solved!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@txradioguy

It does no good to have the ships on the line if there are not enough sailors around to populate them. I haven't really paid much attention to manpower levels or problems but it seems to me I have read that enlistments in the Navy are down now that the draft has ended. Plus all the PC nonsense of "Whymen Power" and AA promotions of whymen and minorities that don't deserve promotions has convinced a lot of the good people to get out that might have considered it to be a career.

I've never been in the Navy,but I'm guessing it is pretty hard to effectively run a modern warship with new hires lacking in experience.

It also does no good to have a lot of your surface navy tied up in ships built for the last war instead of the next one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I suspect the GOPe will work behind the scenes, if not blatantly to undermine Trump, just as they ignored the TEA party folks and others. When you get right down to it, Cruz was outside that GOPe country club, too, and his working with Trump on issues he is in agreement with shows that. I don't expect Cruz to abandon principle to back Trump, but at Iowa, they were at least 80% in agreement on policy before the nasty crap started.

@Smokin Joe

I didn't totally trust Cruz,but he was by FAR my first pick for president.

Now I am becoming more convinced with each day that passes is we got lucky that a non-politician that doesn't really give a damn what all the other politicians think of him was elected. It seems obvious to me our political system had gotten so corrupt that ONLY a outsider that owed no debts or favors could come in and effect change.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Do the Kennedys or Bushes? They have family and la famiglia stays tight.

@endicom

Yes,they do,according to THEIR standards for friendships. They have political friends they have bribed and been bribed by ,covered up for and been covered up by,that they trust implicitly because of Mutually Assured Political Destruction.

THOSE are their friends. Witness Babs Bush calling Bubba Clinton "The son I never had."

Probably not friends on the same basis as our friends,but by THEIR "standards",friends none the less. After all,they are all in the same bidnez,robbing America blind and selling her for personal profits and power.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@txradioguy

It's my gut feeling that we already have a space orbiting weapons system....like a villain out of the James Bond genre.

THAT'S the reason they've made a conscious determination to shrink the NAVY, etc..

That said....I really enjoy peeking in on the conversations between some of ya'll when you get going.

Oh well, back to lurk mode here.     :bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I didn't totally trust Cruz,but he was by FAR my first pick for president.

Now I am becoming more convinced with each day that passes is we got lucky that a non-politician that doesn't really give a damn what all the other politicians think of him was elected. It seems obvious to me our political system had gotten so corrupt that ONLY a outsider that owed no debts or favors could come in and effect change.
I don't totally trust anyone, but Cruz was my first pick, too. The only question is one of whether or not he can get enough of Congress to back the very policies we all wanted, and much, if not all of that is overlap between Cruz and Trump's stated goals, anyway. While I'm not so much a fan of Trump the man, I will withhold my opinion if he accomplishes what needs to be done in a constitutional and enduring manner. If the rules (yes there are still rules) are followed and the pen and phone policy is not the mainstay of this administration (which would establish bipartisan precedent) those policies should be harder to reverse when the next swing of the pendulum comes. We have a lot of scorched earth to reclaim on the way back to our Republic, and undoing the doings of Obama and the Democrats back to Carter is just a beginning.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It also does no good to have a lot of your surface navy tied up in ships built for the last war instead of the next one.

@Bigun

Well,I am completely unqualified to state unequivocally what the Navy needs and what the Navy doesn't need because I have never been in the Navy,and nobody has ever invited me to join an alleged "Think Tank" in DC,but  it seems to me that ships build for WW-1 would serve to defeat the mighty Navies of Islam in their ski boats and barges,and Islam IS the world wide threat these days.

The fact is,IF we wanted,we could wipe out the tribal leadership of Islam in a month or so if we wanted,and the rest of them would just wander around and starve to death in the desert. This is NOT a modern educated and advanced civilization that has declared war on us. They are basically the same ignorant shitheads they were a thousand years ago. Take out their educated leadership,and they are lost.