Author Topic: Meryl Streep’s Golden Globes Speech  (Read 10654 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Meryl Streep’s Golden Globes Speech
« on: January 09, 2017, 02:11:54 pm »
Meryl Streep’s Golden Globes Speech

By DANIEL VICTOR and GIOVANNI RUSSONELLOJAN. 8, 2017

Turning attention away from her and toward Donald J. Trump, Meryl Streep used her acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the Golden Globes to call out the president-elect for appearing to mock a disabled New York Times reporter in 2015, and warned that a free press would need to be defended. Ms. Streep campaigned for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.

more
http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/08/arts/television/meryl-streep-golden-globes-speech.html?_r=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Meryl Streep’s Golden Globes Speech
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:18:17 pm »
This is rich - someone who works in an industry that trades in depicting violence lecturing America about cause and effect.

Why would anyone take advise from someone who deals in fantasy? Now, if she were an accountant... no nonsense, fact and reason based... I might listen to her.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 02:25:25 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 02:31:13 pm »
Trump didn't waste any time in calling her out: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

And why not? If he waits then the press will make Streep seem heroic and Trump guilty as charged.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 02:34:58 pm »

Kellyanne Conway: I Wish Meryl Streep Was As Concerned About Disabled Boy Tortured On Facebook Live
120 Shares
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date January 9, 2017

KELLYANNE CONWAY: I'm glad Meryl Streep has such a passion for the disabled because I didn't hear her weigh in or I didn't even hear her use her platform last night, Ainsley, to give the shoutout to the mentally challenged boy who last week was tortured live on Facebook for half an hour, by four young African-American adults who were screaming racial and anti-Trump expletives and forcing him to put his head in toilet water.

So I'd like to hear from her today, if she wants to come and continue her platform on behalf of the disabled. And Donald Trump is absolutely right. He has debunked this so many times. She sounds like 2014. The election is over. She lost.

more
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/01/09/kellyanne_conway_i_wish_meryl_streep_was_as_concerned_about_disabled_boy_tortured_on_facebook_live.html
Support the USO

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 02:38:36 pm »
Meh, actors and reality stars oh my.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 02:47:10 pm »
Just shut up and act (unless they validate their beliefs then say whatever you want whenever you want and we'll cheer). I'm tired of all these rich celebrities trying to get their noses in politics (unless we vote for them).

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 02:54:49 pm »
Trump didn't waste any time in calling her out: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

And why not? If he waits then the press will make Streep seem heroic and Trump guilty as charged.

Streep and her self-absorbed, "progressive" Hollywood ilk do not merit a moment of attention.  I give them none of my money and only notice them when the news covers something they say, as in this instance.  Their panic and grief are music, their hypocrisy is clear to all, and they richly deserve scorn, contempt, and hostility.

But Hollywood's sins don't cancel Trump's.  Multiple spins and denials notwithstanding, he did mock the NY Times reporter's disability; the clear video evidence is undeniable to anyone who isn't part of the Trump infallibility myth.  He is guilty as charged.

The voters all saw that and made up their minds.  What was once said about Clinton should now be repeated to the "progressives" who coined the phrase : "Move on."
James 1:20

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 03:21:04 pm »

Trump, in his own unknowing way....maybe onto something here. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 03:38:57 pm »
Full title:  Donald Trump responds to 'overrated' Meryl Streep Golden Globes speech

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/donald-trump-meryl-streep-golden-globes-2017-a7516746.html

Is this what we can expect from President Trump, twitter wars with those who disparage him?

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 03:42:51 pm »
I love we now have a President who fights back against these liberal loons.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 03:47:01 pm »
I love we now have a President who fights back against these liberal loons.

We've made Kings out of the Court Jesters.  Time they get knocked down a peg or two.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 03:54:01 pm »
He is so petty. It is so trivially easy to goad him into a response. I wonder if there is ever a case where he's turned the other cheek, taken the high road, etc.

Petty?  I've never been a Trump supporter, but what I find petty is the liberty that our Hollywood "icons" take to insult and slam the GOP and get away with it.  Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet; I can only imagine how Hollywood is going to take it upon themselves to continue stirring the progressive pot.  This is not only bad for our country, but imagine with the rest of the world takes from this!  I've never liked Streep; last snooze fest of a movie she was in that I saw was "Out of  Africa".  I now have yet another reason not to see one of her films.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 03:54:28 pm »
SOURCE: FOX NEWS

URL:

Donald Trump wasted no time responding to Meryl Streep's remarks at Sunday night's Golden Globe Awards where the actress gave a somber speech about the President-elect.

Trump called Streep "one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood" in a tweet Monday morning calling her a "Hillary flunky who lost big."

Shortly after the 74th annual Golden Globes wrapped, where "La La Land" and "Moonlight" were the night’s big winners, Trump told the NY Times he had not seen the show or Streep's remarks. He also added that he was "not surprised" for coming under attack from "liberal movie people" especially a "Hillary Lover" like Streep.

He continued to defend his behavior from an interview with a disabled reporter in 2015 in which he insists he didn't mock anyone, a moment Streep had said was an example of Trump's "instinct to humiliate."

"I was never mocking anyone. I was calling into question a reporter who had gotten nervous because he had changed his story," he told the paper in a phone interview after the Globes. "People keep saying I intended to mock the reporter’s disability, as if Meryl Streep and others could read my mind, and I did no such thing."

His tweets Monday morning echoed his thoughts late Sunday night.

Hillary flunky who lost big. For the 100th time, I never "mocked" a disabled reporter (would never do that) but simply showed him.......
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 9, 2017

groveling" when he totally changed a 16 year old story that he had written in order to make me look bad. Just more very dishonest media!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 9, 2017

Top aide to Donald Trump Kellyanne Conway told "Fox and Friends" Monday she's "concerned that somebody with a platform like Meryl Streep's is inciting people's worst instincts."

She said of Streep, "I really wish she would have stood up last night and said, 'I didn't like the election results but he is our president and we're going to support him.'"

And with the inauguration just 11 days away, the President-elect said he's not worried about having celebrities attend the momentous day.

"We are going to have an unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout for the inauguration, and there will be plenty of movie and entertainment stars," Trump said. "All the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It's hard to find a great dress for this inauguration."

In accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award, Streep said Trump's behavior "sank its hooks in my heart." She asked for a "principled press to hold Trump [accountable]" and to call him out "for every outrage." Her comments were met with applause, tears and support by her fellow actors in the audience, and actor Chris Pine called her speech the "best message of tonight." Trump was the main target of a slew of political barbs including from Golden Globes host Jimmy Fallon who compared the president-elect to the evil King Joffrey in "Game of Thrones."

Hugh Laurie, accepting his award for best supporting actor in "The Night Manager," also indulged in Trump jokes, speculating that this would perhaps be the last Golden Globes ceremony.

"I don't mean to be gloomy, but it has the words 'Hollywood,' 'foreign' and 'press' in the title," Laurie said, explaining his pessimism about the awards surviving the Trump era. He added that some Republicans don't even like the word "association."

He accepted his award "on behalf of psychopathic billionaires everywhere."

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 03:55:13 pm »
From Host Jimmy Fallon's Monologue:

"Welcome to the Golden Globes, one of the few places in America where the popular vote still counts."

"What would it be like if Psychotic King Joffrey had lived? Well, in 12 days we’re going to find out.” (reference to Game of Thrones Character).

"Even Florence Foster Jenkins turned down performing at Trump’s inauguration".

"The Accounting firm of 'Ernst and Young and Putin' has tabulated the votes for Tonight’s winners"

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 04:03:38 pm »
Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners and if we kick them all out, you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts,” Streep said, prompting what CNN described as “huge applause” from the gathered A-listers.

Yeah except no one’s getting ‘kicked out’ of anywhere are they, so that’s all fake.

In fact, if Trump really did want to kick out foreign born people residing in America, he’d probably have to start with his own wife. If his mother were still alive, he’d also have to show her the door.

So, yeah, unlikely, and completely made up.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 04:08:05 pm »
Petty?  I've never been a Trump supporter, but what I find petty is the liberty that our Hollywood "icons" take to insult and slam the GOP and get away with it.  Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet; I can only imagine how Hollywood is going to take it upon themselves to continue stirring the progressive pot.  This is not only bad for our country, but imagine with the rest of the world takes from this!  I've never liked Streep; last snooze fest of a movie she was in that I saw was "Out of  Africa".  I now have yet another reason not to see one of her films.

Hollywood did the same thing with Reagan and the Bushes.  Now Reagan, being one of them, knew how to handle it.  But the Bushes just took it.  Where did it get them?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 04:11:17 pm »
Monday, January 9, 2017
We’ll Always Have Hollywood. Unfortunately.
Michelle Obama's Mirror
Hollywood’s 2017 Pity Party officially began last night with the annual Golden Globes Award Show.

And the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award went to…Meryl Streep! Her acceptance speech was everything you could expect from a former Presidential Medal of Freedom winner, Kennedy Center  Performing Arts Award winner and BFF to both Hillary AND Michelle.

After celebrating Hollywood’s diversity by running through a list of foreigners working there (legally, I assure you) she noted:

“So Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners, and if we kick them all out, you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.”

No, indeed. Those would be things the Basket of Deplorables would watch. Along with NASCAR. Definitely not “the arts” or anything else the Hollywood brain trust would waste their time on. ...
Read the rest.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 04:11:49 pm »
Streep isn't just disparaging Trump.  She is disparaging everyone who supported him, and even those who may not have voted for him but are conservatives.     They hate the fact their beloved Rat Party didn't win and they are taking it out on traditional Americans.   Trump is just the proxy.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 04:14:07 pm »
Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn Weren’t Feeling Meryl Streep’s Anti-Trump Golden Globes Speech

More at Mediate
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 04:15:13 pm »
Actually, given the dreadful quality of today's Hollyweird product in tv and cinema, we could do worse than to fire all the "creative" people in Hollyweird and bring in a totally new  crew of actors, writers, directors, producers, etc.
Most of the current Hollyweird product is riddled with liberal p.c. to the point that it seems even commercials can't be made without being totally lib p.c.
There must be x amount of black actors in every commercial, and white males have to be shown to be complete doofuses. White women and black actors must be shown to be smarter than white males and teach them the error of their ways...if possible because as we know from Hollyweird white males are too stupid to learn anything.
My wife laughed at me not too long ago when I remarked on the remarkable numbers of black actors in national tv ads. She isn't laughing anymore...at least not at me. She now laughs with me when we see ad after ad with black actors....and many ads with all the people in them black.  A visitor from another country who watches American ads must be surprised to go to places other than large American cities and not see many black people. They must think after watching the ads that America is at least 50% black or more.
Of course not all commercials follow that line, but after watching the trends for the last fifty years, p.c. liberalism dominates the thinking of the people who make the ads.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:06:30 am by goatprairie »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 04:16:39 pm »
Meryl Streep is terrible and overrated.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 04:17:50 pm »
That's why I watch KDramas instead of anything from Hollywood these days.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 04:26:32 pm »
Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn Weren’t Feeling Meryl Streep’s Anti-Trump Golden Globes Speech

More at Mediate

I watched her segment and when they panned to Gibson  and Vaughn you knew exactly what they were thinking. 

If you noticed their was also other celebrities who did not look pleased over her speech. Way more conservatives in  Hollywood than you would think.

@mountaineer

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 04:30:12 pm »
I watched her segment and when they panned to Gibson  and Vaughn you knew exactly what they were thinking. 

If you noticed their was also other celebrities who did not look pleased over her speech. Way more conservatives in  Hollywood than you would think.

@mountaineer

Charlton Heston once said, "There are more closeted Conservatives in Hollywood than closeted Homosexuals."