Author Topic: Meryl Streep’s Golden Globes Speech  (Read 10653 times)

Offline LottieDah

Re: Meryl Streep’s Golden Globes Speech
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2017, 02:25:52 am »
He is so petty. It is so trivially easy to goad him into a response. I wonder if there is ever a case where he's turned the other cheek, taken the high road, etc.

Unfortunately Trump does not understand the concept of turning the other cheek.  Trump take the high road?  He is self-absorbed and childish.  I hope he closes his Twitter account when he is sworn in.  I shudder to think what he would say about  world leaders.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2017, 02:56:09 am »

Unfortunately Trump does not understand the concept of turning the other cheek.  Trump take the high road?  He is self-absorbed and childish.  I hope he closes his Twitter account when he is sworn in.  I shudder to think what he would say about  world leaders.

Don't you realize that that is precisely why his fans wanted him elected?   Because he's not PC, and has diarrhea of the mouth (and fingers).

It will be COOL to see him incense world leaders and put our security at risk.

Don't you get it??  :whistle:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2017, 03:05:40 am »
:beer:

The Bridges of Madison County....one of the worst movies I ever tried to watch.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2017, 03:11:05 am »
@musiclady

Very good movie.  The scene where she gets off the train with her children at the concentration camp is one of the hardest things I've ever watched.

I thought she was excellent in "The Devil Wears Prada."  I would have sworn she was playing a former boss of mine.

That said, Streep is a witch.  I remember reading that she's known as the Nasty Lady to her neighbors in Connecticut.

She can definitely play a bitch ... but is it acting?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2017, 03:21:00 am »

It's like Alec Baldwin playing a jerk.

Wingnut

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2017, 03:21:26 am »
The Bridges of Madison County....one of the worst movies I ever tried to watch.

I had to watch the Dirty Harry Trilogy several times just to get that movies stink off me.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2017, 03:22:32 am »
It's like Alec Baldwin playing a jerk.

Just comes naturally.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2017, 05:48:11 am »
Full title:  Donald Trump responds to 'overrated' Meryl Streep Golden Globes speech

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/donald-trump-meryl-streep-golden-globes-2017-a7516746.html

Is this what we can expect from President Trump, twitter wars with those who disparage him?

Very immature.  Most people would ignore Streep.  But Trump has always got to fight back.  Twitter cocked and ready to fire.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2017, 05:50:45 am »
Very immature.  Most people would ignore Streep.  But Trump has always got to fight back.  Twitter cocked and ready to fire.

The most virulent Trump supporters are begging Trump to grab her p**** next time he sees her.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2017, 06:17:25 am »
Many people overlook Streep's comic performances.  This one is pee-your-pants tears of laughter funny.  I've watched it 208 times and it just keeps getting funnier.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUcqob2OKA

Wingnut

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2017, 06:20:50 am »
Many people overlook Streep's comic performances.  This one is pee-your-pants tears of laughter funny.  I've watched it 208 times and it just keeps getting funnier.

That is a knee slapper!  Stop pounding all that sand and she wouldn't have a grit problem.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:21:11 am by Wingnut »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2017, 06:53:12 am »
I had to watch the Dirty Harry Trilogy several times just to get that movies stink off me.

The Bridges of Madison County had an alternate ending you would have loved. Clint blows Meryl's head off with a 44 magnum, throws his camera in the river and walks away to the sounds of jazz music. It was genuinely heartwarming, but didn't screen well with old ladies. 

Wingnut

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2017, 07:23:00 am »
The Bridges of Madison County had an alternate ending you would have loved. Clint blows Meryl's head off with a 44 magnum, throws his camera in the river and walks away to the sounds of jazz music. It was genuinely heartwarming, but didn't screen well with old ladies.

A mans gots to know his limitations.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2017, 08:53:19 am »

ROFL!   Got up to pee at 3:45am....read this....and scared the hell out of my cats.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2017, 08:54:27 am »
The most virulent Trump supporters are begging Trump to grab her p**** next time he sees her.

Link??   

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2017, 10:08:27 am »

:laugh:

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2017, 10:10:02 am »
Trump Praised The “Overrated” Meryl Streep In 2015

http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/01/09/trump-praised-overrated-meryl-streep-2015/

Donald Trump, in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, published August 19, 2015:

Any actress you love?

Julia Roberts is terrific, and many others. Meryl Streep is excellent; she’s a fine person, too. The problem is I’ll name three or four or five and then the hundred that I know will be insulted, and I don’t mean to insult them.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2017, 12:40:19 pm »
Oh, I don't know. This old lady thinks that sounds like the perfect ending.  :beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2017, 12:47:33 pm »
Josh Jordan ‏@NumbersMuncher 7h7 hours ago
Meryl Streep yesterday: Without us all you're left with is football.
Football today: I think that's going to be more than enough, thank you.

David French ‏@DavidAFrench 7h7 hours ago
Meryl Streep missed a great game.
In the wake of last night's exciting title game, Meryl's disdain for football does seem more than a little pathetic.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:49:55 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2017, 01:10:47 pm »

She's probably birtchy because she knows she isn't even the greatest actor of her own generation.  D.D. Lewis and possibly others already have  her easily beat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2017, 01:13:53 pm »
Meryl Streep played Anna Wintour in Devil Wears Prada, who is a good friend of Trump. Interesting fact.

That's the only thing I've seen here where she's stood out.

She was in an old movie called the Deer Hunter that was good.

rangerrebew

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2017, 01:26:14 pm »
January 10, 2017
Meryl Streep's words incite C-SPAN caller to threaten President-Elect Trump
By M. Catharine Evans

Meryl Streep's six-minute attack on President-Elect Donald Trump at the Golden Globes incited one C-SPAN caller to actually threaten the incoming president on air.  The actress's Sunday-night award speech was the topic of John McArdle's call-in show Monday morning.

In his call, which begins at the 10:02 mark, a Democrat named Julius, from Greensboro, North Carolina, blasts Trump as a "bully and a phony."  Bizarrely, he references Trump's  2005 Access Hollywood recording.  Trump's 11-year-old comments prompt an angry Julius to tell McArdle that if Trump were to come near Julius's two daughters, "I would do something to him [Trump]."

Transcript and audio:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/meryl_streeps_words_incite_cspan_caller_to_threaten_presidentelect_trump_.html#ixzz4VMgg4c8u
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2017, 01:27:35 pm »
I don't think they realize it, but the left is demonstrating  EXACTLY  how ISIS gets it's recruits.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2017, 01:28:31 pm »
What mental reject is calling into C-Span?

Offline CSM

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2017, 02:12:52 pm »
"We should not use positions of power to bully poeple," Meryl Streep said, "except when we can use the IRS to bully tea party groups, or when we can use the State authority in Oregon to bankrupt bakers, or when we can use the state supreme court of NM to bully photographers, or when we can get CEO's fired for donating to Prop 8 in California, or when we can jail a guy for making a youtube video, or when we can use the power of the press to attack pizza joints, or whenever we can call a conservative names!"

In other words, she is a hypocrite!  Just like all democrats.