Author Topic: (Topic Deleted)  (Read 19111 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Election prediction thread
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2016, 11:26:12 pm »
dismissing a series of assertions is not refusing to hear them
Yes it is.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2016, 11:30:10 pm »

Stop with your "moral relativism"  crap.    You people have a "triage"  problem.   You can't tell the greater good from the lesser good.   

Oooooh, did I hit a nerve?

Good.
Let it burn.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2016, 11:37:33 pm »
You people have a "triage"  problem.   You can't tell the greater good from the lesser good. 
No. You have an ignorance problem. You automatically assume that the Republican is the lesser evil and ignore or reject any evidence to the contrary, just because he's a Republican.

Abaraxas laid it out for you. You denied all of it.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2016, 12:19:04 am »
Please tell me you didn't just compare Trump to Jesus.

I quoted Jesus deliberately violating a lesser moral issue when a larger moral issue was at stake.   In context,  my intention was to show we voters face a similar challenge in this election.

I thought it was obvious that we voters should behave  like Jesus,  and place the greater moral issue above that of the lesser moral issue. 

How do you get a Trump comparison to Jesus out of anything I cited? 

Trump doesn't have the conflicting moral dilemma,   *WE DO*

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2016, 12:20:20 am »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2016, 12:22:56 am »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2016, 12:24:12 am »

Oooooh, did I hit a nerve?

Good.

More like getting on the nerves.   I have so far seen nothing which shows that any of you have the mental acumen necessary to cause me any discomfort. 

All you do is trade childish taunts,  and seldom if ever respond as if you were an educated adult.   I've dealt with childish adults for decades,  and you lot appear no better than most I have spanked in the past.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2016, 12:30:36 am »
No. You have an ignorance problem. You automatically assume that the Republican is the lesser evil and ignore or reject any evidence to the contrary, just because he's a Republican.

When I see some evidence to the contrary,   *THEN*  I might be able to reject it,   but so far all that has been put in front of me is childish crap. 

Trump donated to Hillary!  Big whoop.   

Bill Clinton told Trump to run!   Big whoop. 

The Clinton campaign wanted Trump to be the candidate!   Big Whoop.   

Seriously,   not a single speck of this compares to the very evil and unethical things which Hillary has done throughout a 37 year career of sleaze and graft.   

PRESENT SOME EVIDENCE!!!!  Stop with this childish crap and give me an example of where Trump has committed an evil on par with Hillary Rotten Clinton.   

Abaraxas laid it out for you. You denied all of it.

I ignored it because the entirety of it was childish crap that was unfit to be introduced into a discussion about which of them is more evil.   

Show me some EVIL !!!!!   Some real EVIL,   like firing 7 people so you can give their jobs to your cronies who will then funnel government contract money back to you in a secret kickback scheme,  and then demand that the FBI prosecute the fired people!   

Show me some Trump evil on that scale!     

Put up some evidence and stop talking about childish crap like campaign contributions and such. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2016, 12:32:00 am »
Name-calling? Really? :silly:

I say "No it isn't",  to which you respond "Yes it is"  and you don't think the conversation has descended to the childish name calling stage?   

What are you,  12? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mod2

« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2016, 12:36:36 am »
Ok, the topic of this thread is "election prediction" not "sophomoric insults". 

Please stick to the topic.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2016, 01:26:59 pm »

There is a form of argument in which you throw up so many claims that it becomes implausible to refute them.   Instead of one argument,  you have a dozen,   all of which must be challenged for their accuracy or significance.   

Let's take just one of your assertions. 

"Trump is the only candidate that donated to Hillary's Senate run."

So?  This did not singlehandedly elect Hillary.   This is the sort of thing that well connected New Yorkers do,  and of course Trump did what he believed was in the best interests of his business operations.   

Is this significant in the larger scheme of things?   No.   In fact,  i'll cite the Gipper himself. 

http://youtu.be/NIcDdWgBELY

All of what you cited is trivial compared to what is wrong with Hillary.

Just my take but you remind me of someone desperately trying to rationalize something that is clearly irrational.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2016, 02:22:05 pm »

Are you kidding?  Virtually every discussion with a "Libertarian"  starts off with cannabis.   If it doesn't start that way,  it gets there eventually.   

Wrong.  My husband and many of his friends are Libertarians.  None of them smoke pot. Heck none of them smoke.  Most of them don't drink.  They are strongly individualistic.  No place for that mindset in the GOP or Democrat parties.

Too much generalization.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2016, 03:15:02 pm »
Wrong.  My husband and many of his friends are Libertarians.  None of them smoke pot. Heck none of them smoke.  Most of them don't drink.  They are strongly individualistic.  No place for that mindset in the GOP or Democrat parties.

Too much generalization.

I think he(DL)'s right.  Virtually every discussion with a "Libertarian"  starts off with cannabis.  It's just not the libertarian that brings it up, quite the opposite.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2016, 03:39:24 pm »

Too much generalization.

For Libertarians who actually engage in discussion/debate ... I've found that they tend to be highly doctrinaire, and so tied to the theoretical basis of their ideas that they lose sight of real-world people and how they behave.  A few classics include:

- Arguments that drunk driving shouldn't be illegal unless somebody gets hurt;

- You have no right to complain about the crack house (or whorehouse) next door;

- The panoply of foreign policy silliness. 

- And, of course, there actually is a broad swath of libertarianism that is all about the cannabis in particular, and drugs in general.

Libertarians (programmers all, apparently) are absolutely unyielding on such things, which is why the party is not a serious player in American politics.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:39:42 pm by r9etb »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2016, 04:13:05 pm »
I think he(DL)'s right.  Virtually every discussion with a "Libertarian"  starts off with cannabis.  It's just not the libertarian that brings it up, quite the opposite.
It's like talking to a vegan, make sure you ask them where they get their protein.  :laugh:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2016, 05:23:37 pm »
It's like talking to a vegan, make sure you ask them where they get their protein.  :laugh:
And their B12.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2016, 05:45:12 pm »

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »
Trump is nuts and lacking in IQ to the point that it should have disqualified him from gaining the nomination.  He is also crooked and corrupt, but I have to agree with you, he is not even close to HRC on the evil scale.  I can't think of too many human beings on the planet that are her peer on that scale.

...Any country that would elect Obama twice will turn a blind eye to HRC while holding out their collective hands to be filled.

Exactly. They only care about continuing to get their freebies.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2016, 12:39:09 am »

Poopie head...

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2016, 12:56:21 am »
Here's a prediction:  Come Nov. 8, the US will elect a corrupt self-serving egoist whose short-sighted and foolish policies will make US involvement in a significant foreign war against the national army of one or more major or important regional powers far more likely that it has been for the last decade, or would have been going forward had the winner's party chosen a different candidate from the field who put themselves forward for the nomination.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:58:53 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2016, 12:59:56 am »
No fair.  You're right either way.

That was the point.

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2016, 01:22:34 am »
One thing you guys are forgetting is the jobs report comes out on Friday.

If it's good, that won't help Trump.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:24 am »
One thing you guys are forgetting is the jobs report comes out on Friday.

If it's good, that won't help Trump.

If Trump accidently voids his contract by winning... he's out BGLY BUCKS from the Clintons!!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2016, 11:58:12 am »
Earlier in the Thread, I thought Trump would eek out a win if Clinton couldn't come up with any new dirt on him.
As of this morning the 2nd, the best they've done since the FBI story is blame Comey, and reintroduce the Miss Universe lady.
If this is all they got..............

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2016, 12:27:34 pm »
Earlier in the Thread, I thought Trump would eek out a win if Clinton couldn't come up with any new dirt on him.
As of this morning the 2nd, the best they've done since the FBI story is blame Comey, and reintroduce the Miss Universe lady.
If this is all they got..............

Can't be.... I'm still expecting something big by Friday.  It's just how these people roll....