Author Topic: Woe unto Christian NeverTrumps  (Read 21020 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

Re: Woe unto Christian NeverTrumps
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2016, 10:08:49 pm »
That's kind of a bizarre response to my post.

Are you implying that some posters here are pretending to support Trump, but actually support Hillary?

Because what I know for sure is that the conservatives here despise Hillary, and that accusing us of supporting her is an outright lie.

But maybe you know something about some of the trolls that I don't know...........   :shrug:
On a site like this or the tos i'm sure trolls are on .  its politic season.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2016, 10:19:43 pm »
On a site like this or the tos i'm sure trolls are on .  its politic season.

Of course. 

But here the trolls are for Trump, and they are the ones tossing out the lies about others' support of Hillary.

The regular posters are well known and conservative, and NONE of us can stand Hillary.

Thus, your post offering to sell me a bridge was bizarre, and missing the point.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2016, 12:19:03 am »
Please stop it.....this is your last warning...NO ONE HERE IS VOTING FOR HILLARY
Fine I will no longer post here, delete my account, if you bash Trump 24/7 like just about every one here you are pro-Hillary. bye. Enjoy president Hillary.
@mystery-ak
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:19:43 am by jpsb »

Silver Pines

« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2016, 12:25:19 am »
I am attracted to Trump's daughter. We all are.

For Trump to say that is a healthy thing. He is acknowledging her as a sexual adult woman. That is what fathers are supposed to do. It is called letting go. It is empowering and acknowledging.

Only a perverted mind would assume it means any more than that.

@240B

There is no way on earth this post is serious.  At least, I hope it isn't.

It's a healthy thing to talk about your daughter's "hot body" and to say you would date her if you weren't her father?

No.  Just no.

Silver Pines

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2016, 12:28:27 am »
Fine I will no longer post here, delete my account, if you bash Trump 24/7 like just about every one here you are pro-Hillary. bye. Enjoy president Hillary.
@mystery-ak

@jpsb, why is it a problem to post using a minimum standard of decency? 

Good luck at TOS.  Next time you deviate from the groupthink,  you'll get booted again. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2016, 12:30:57 am »

For Trump to say that is a healthy thing. He is acknowledging her as a sexual adult woman. That is what fathers are supposed to do. It is called letting go. It is empowering and acknowledging.

You do realized what he said about her while she was still an infant, not a 'sexual adult women' don't you?

Maybe a bit of a reminder. (again, she was still a baby when he said this...)

“Well, I think that she’s got a lot of Marla. She’s a really beautiful baby—she’s got Marla’s legs.” Then making a gesture that indicated large breasts, he added, “We don’t know whether or not she’s got this part yet, but time will tell.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/06/disturbing-video-of-trump-making-lewd-comments-about-baby-daughter-dug-up-by-the-daily-show.html

So you were saying something about this being a healthy thing?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2016, 12:37:22 am »
Can you see a mother saying it about her son?  No.  It is not appropriate for a man to say it about his daughter either.  You are excusing a double standard.  As a daughter, I would be so embarrassed if my father said that.  Some things are just forever off limits.  That is one of them.  In fact I think men are overall too free to talk sexually ABOUT women a whole lot of the time.  At minimum don't do it about your own child.  Keep your mind and your desires focused on your own wife.  It is one thing to say a woman is pretty.  It is another to say she is sexy, especially the way men rate them as "would I or wouldn't I" ....with this or that woman, as Trump also is said to have done.  That treats women as objects for men's gratification.

Trump not only said his daughter was sexy, but he said he would be dating her if she were not his daughter.

This day and age you are also opening the door for a man to say it about his own son.  What would you think of that?

No. My home is different. If i ever told my daughter that she is sexy, I already know. She would laugh, shake her butt at me a couple of times, then that's it.

I guess I'm different that way. Why not?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2016, 12:40:44 am »
@mystery-ak

I rarely say this (OK, never actually until now) but Bye Felicia.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2016, 12:43:00 am »

Fathers are supposed to point out that their daughters are sexual women by expressing their desire to date (i.e., boff) them?

If you believe what you posted, you're a bit of a pervert yourself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2016, 12:46:54 am »
@mystery-ak

First....I do not bash Trump

Second..I do not delete accounts unless I absolutely must as when I delete an account it deletes all the posts made by that person and ruins threads.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2016, 01:00:56 am »
I wouldn't vote for Hillary if someone put a loaded gun to my head.

I can't stand that evil woman!

I'm not about to vote for Hillary OR her stalking horse Trump and I'm also done arguing about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2016, 01:17:27 am »
Fathers are supposed to point out that their daughters are sexual women by expressing their desire to date (i.e., boff) them?

If you believe what you posted, you're a bit of a pervert yourself.

I agree. One of us is out order.

You have not convinced me which one.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:21:54 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2016, 01:25:02 am »
The worst part is that that example I cited is just one (albeit the one most glaring) of many that show that Donald Trump is not only flawed, but wholly unfit for the office. If you want to see the difference, take note: Gary Johnson's a flawed candidate. Darrell Castle is a flawed candidate. Donald Trump, just as Hillary Clinton is, is a dangerous one.

The very same heavy-handed, authoritarian approach that Marcus is so afraid of coming from Hillary Clinton, is amplified in spades from Donald Trump, who has a lot of of allies in the same lobbies that drive so many of the anti-Christian actions Marcus so (rightfully) maligns. Even his running mate, in the face of attacks from the same lobby, wilted. Combine his friendliness with those lobbies with the "only I can make America great again" approach he's taking, and you get the very thing Marcus fears.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2016, 01:29:24 am »
Very nice picture Myrle....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2016, 01:30:10 am »
I'm not about to vote for Hillary OR her stalking horse Trump and I'm also done arguing about it!

Maybe that's what all the conservatives on this forum should do.  None of us supports Hillary, so when these crazies accuse us of this absurdity and we all ignore it, maybe they'll give up and go back to TOS where the puppet masters dwell.

Now if I can muster up the discipline to ignore them.... 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2016, 01:32:49 am »
The worst part is that that example I cited is just one (albeit the one most glaring) of many that show that Donald Trump is not only flawed, but wholly unfit for the office. If you want to see the difference, take note: Gary Johnson's a flawed candidate. Darrell Castle is a flawed candidate. Donald Trump, just as Hillary Clinton is, is a dangerous one.

The very same heavy-handed, authoritarian approach that Marcus is so afraid of coming from Hillary Clinton, is amplified in spades from Donald Trump, who has a lot of of allies in the same lobbies that drive so many of the anti-Christian actions Marcus so (rightfully) maligns. Even his running mate, in the face of attacks from the same lobby, wilted. Combine his friendliness with those lobbies with the "only I can make America great again" approach he's taking, and you get the very thing Marcus fears.

Great post!

(And I agree with mystery...... VERY handsome picture!)

Offline LMAO

« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2016, 01:38:36 am »
Maybe that's what all the conservatives on this forum should do.  None of us supports Hillary, so when these crazies accuse us of this absurdity and we all ignore it, maybe they'll give up and go back to TOS where the puppet masters dwell.

And recognize that their statements are just expressions of frustrations. But I agree. Ignore it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2016, 01:54:15 am »

Oh, hell no. It's one thing in play (imitating 'The Mask'.... SSSSSSEXXXXAY!)
Totally different if it is in any seriousness.
In that case, 'Beautiful' or derivative, is as close to that as a father should ever go.

'Sexy' should never be more than implied. JMHO.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2016, 02:40:57 am »
I agree. One of us is out order.

You have not convinced me which one.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2016, 03:13:36 am »
I generally avoid the politics forum these days because the wind pressure in here from the ne'ertrumpers makes hurricane Matthew pale by comparison.

But I chanced up this thread, and read the entire article at The American Thinker.

Mr. Marcus makes his case:
========================
Hillary in our country's driver's seat will unquestionably enthusiastically press the anti-Christian gas-peddle down to the floor, splattering and making roadkill of our Constitutional promise of religious freedom. The anti-Christian American Left and Hillary are one and the same.

In defense of refusing to vote for Trump, I have heard Christians say, “Voting for the lesser evil is still evil.” While that sounds pious and profound, it is simply not true. As Christians, we know we live in a fallen sinful world. Therefore, nothing and no one is perfect. Sometimes voting for the lesser evil is the moral and upright thing to do. Not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary; a vote for religious persecution.

For the record, I do not understand how anyone can put Trump's shortcomings in the same league as Hillary's decades of documented evil corruption; lives lost, and calculated destruction of peoples' lives, especially women, for personal political gain.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2016, 03:23:52 am »
Mr. Marcus makes his case:

I see no case... Just another lesser evil argument...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2016, 03:57:06 am »
Other than a few mindless exceptions, I do not think it is accurate to say Christians supporting Trump are looking to the government for salvation.  It is not helpful to mischaracterize their intentions.  I do think they are wrongly compromising and hoping that evil will bring them a good result.  That's foolish.  There are exceptions, but mostly they are not looking to gov't for salvation.  They get the difference.  Framing it falsely only drives them further away from doing what is right.  IMO. 

Keep in mind we cannot put them all in one box and say they are all this or all that.  There may be some legitimate generalities that are fair, but even then the motives would vary.  It is my opinion that some error in the Christian world grows partly because of the broad and collective inaccuracy of the critics.   Unjust accusations give cover to real error and helps create greater division.  IMO.  It proves fuel, rather than water, for the fire.

The left was the creator of the term "Christian right" and they have spread fear and falsehood about Christians precisely because they knew Christians were against their perverse agenda.  Then their criticism caught the eye of some sanctimonious types who piled on, claiming a higher and better Christianity for not stepping in the political ring.  Well, it is easy to criticize from the sidelines when you are not in the ring taking the hits.  Sure our representatives were imperfect and made mistakes once in awhile.  But at least they were in there making arguments and fighting error.  A big part of why they failed was because of friendly fire.  I don't want to be the friendly fire guy.  So I will err on the side of caution and NOT label Christians who support Trump as being guilty of gov't idolatry or hoping for salvation from the gov't.  Most of the time that is not the problem.  Compromise is the problem.

There are good Christians and rotten Christians on both sides of this issue. 

When I was a teenager I remember one person who would always say, "..and you call yourself a Christian..." every time she disagreed with me.  It cut, and I was not old enough or experienced enough to understand the error of it.  But I learned.  I think Christians should not attack the Christianity of another Christian over politics.  It is fine to argue politics based on biblical principles.  It is not fine to judge a person's faith in God by whether or not he supports Donald Trump.

I know a lot of people disagree with me on this.  But there it is.

BTW, I do think it is a fair charge when people make the direct comparison of Trump to Christ or to some other savior type.  The Trump worship images are fair game.  Then they are essentially making the charge themselves.  But other than that.....no.

I think that people didn't have the patience to wait on the Lord.  So in some cases I would say there is similarity.  Because the golden calf was born out of fear of Moses not returning.  Human nature makes people turn to themselves for answers.  I believe that all Christians have experienced that when they are anxious or fearful of something.  Instead of putting it in the hands of Christ placing full trust in the Lord to provide whatever need or answer.  I don't believe Christians are looking for an idol to worship, but they are driven by fear.  The fear of what one candidate will do over the other.  That is not placing trust in God.  So similarly the people were left for 40 days and they began to fear.  They could no longer grasp that God still was in control so they fashioned a god for themselves.  In the same way people are not given a choice of a Godly candidate so they embrace whatever is better in their view than the other choice.  They make excuses and justify voting for evil because the other candidate is more evil.

I have heard the chicken little story here many times.  Its always if Hillary wins the sky is falling.

Fear of God

http://www.acts17-11.com/fear.html

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline American Faith Today

« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2016, 04:22:43 am »
While he is quite correct about Hillary, it's about discerning one's fruits, as we are also commanded to do.
It's easy to say, "Well Hillary's record of corruption and evil doings are much worse than Donald Trump's."  And the thing is, they may well be.

But then, I would argue we simply know more about Hillary's actions because she's been on a larger stage and under a bigger spotlight actually being in government in some capacity for 30 or so years.

Up until last year almost no one in America regarded Donald Trump as anything more than a blowhard billionaire with bad hair, bad manners, and an affinity for reality television and WWE wrestling.  So whatever "bad" Donald Trump has done, no one really cared with the exception of people who were victims of his.

And I'm sorry, but having political power even trumps(small pun intended for small hands) being a billionaire.
Donald can cheat on his taxes(hypothetically) and crush another business through less than ethical means.
Someone with political power, like a president, or governor, or wife of one, can send the IRS after someone or create regulations or have a hand in new laws that destroy businesses by levying steep fines or even imprisonment on the people who run them.
And yes, it's probably quite a bit easier for a politically connected or a person with political clout to get away with murder(perhaps literally) than it is even for a billionaire in this country.

The bottom line is almost everything Donald Trump does and says reeks of incompetence, stupidity, sleaze, and dishonesty.
He lied about being pro life.
He lied to Chris Cuomo about being audited for his taxes because he's a "strong Christian" when almost anyone can objectively tell that's not the case.
He's all over the map on abortion and Planned Parenthood.
He's willing to appease the transgenders on the "pick your bathroom" issue, even inviting "Caitlyn" Jenner to use the women's room at Trump Tower.
He pretty much sided against Kim Davis in Kentucky.
Again, he lies, and lies, and lies.
If Donald Trump is standing before me and says the sky is blue, I might be tempted to double check.
People can vote for the lesser of two evils if they wish.  But as I personally have said, when I believe both people are literally evil, that's a deal breaker for me, and I line I will not cross.
Hillary's fruits are rotten.  But Donald's fruits are equally rotten in their own way.  I won't vote for a wolf in sheep's clothing for no other reason than "he's the Republican nominee" and "because Hillary."

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2016, 04:29:31 am »
Axiomatic to Islam is the imposition of Shara Law. Shara Law is incompatible with our constitutional system.  Why should we import people that wish to over turn our constitution and impose Shara Law? That is just crazy. Islam is not just a religion it is also a political/government system. Those that believe in Islam are commanded to spread Islam by any means possible, including murder. I am happy that at least one candidate understands the danger that is Islam.

@Chosen Daughter

Islam exists in this nation whether we like it or not.  I don't fear Muslims.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and be brave. Don’t be afraid of those people because the Lord your God is with you. He will not fail you or leave you.”

Trump is so extremely weak concerning his position on Islam.  Pew Research Center estimates that there were about 3.3 million Muslims of all ages living in the United States in 2015.   If we are to believe Trump and his plans we would be a target of Islamic extremism more so than ever.  That is millions of Muslims with relatives in every Islamic nation in the world.  Ripe for extremism waiting for a Trump to enact laws that create fear, thus bringing reaction.  Wrong candidate.  Wrong idea's.

What we need to do is protect our Constitution.  Not break it down.

Trump Trashes Religious Freedom
By "http://www.theamericanconservative.com/author/rod-dreher" • "http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/trump-trashes-religious-freedom-muslim/"

Here’s a formal statement — not an off-the-cuff remark, but a formal statement — by Donald J. Trump. Excerpts:

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population. Most recently, a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing “25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad” and 51% of those polled, “agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah.” Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won’t convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.

Mr. Trump stated, “Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for President, we are going to Make America Great Again.”

This is disgusting. I believe that it is reasonable to be restrictive about Islamic immigration to the US, and I despise the way the mainstream media has always gone out of its way to avert its eyes from domestic Islamic radicalism. But there is nothing reasonable about banning travel to the US on the basis of religion. What kind of respect does Trump have for religious freedom? It’s a relief to know that should Trump become president and try to implement such a plan, the Supreme Court would shoot it down in a heartbeat. Still, that a leading presidential candidate would take such a stand is profoundly disturbing.

Religious freedom matters, and not just for people who pray like the rest of us do. It is within the realm of possibility that one day in the far future, the US government will be compelled to implement such an extreme measure for the sake of national security. But if we do arrive at such a day, America as we know it will be over anyway. Conservatives would be fools to hasten the day by cheering for Trump’s radicalism.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:05:39 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2016, 05:03:59 am »
While he is quite correct about Hillary, it's about discerning one's fruits, as we are also commanded to do.
It's easy to say, "Well Hillary's record of corruption and evil doings are much worse than Donald Trump's."  And the thing is, they may well be.

But then, I would argue we simply know more about Hillary's actions because she's been on a larger stage and under a bigger spotlight actually being in government in some capacity for 30 or so years.

Up until last year almost no one in America regarded Donald Trump as anything more than a blowhard billionaire with bad hair, bad manners, and an affinity for reality television and WWE wrestling.  So whatever "bad" Donald Trump has done, no one really cared with the exception of people who were victims of his.

And I'm sorry, but having political power even trumps(small pun intended for small hands) being a billionaire.
Donald can cheat on his taxes(hypothetically) and crush another business through less than ethical means.
Someone with political power, like a president, or governor, or wife of one, can send the IRS after someone or create regulations or have a hand in new laws that destroy businesses by levying steep fines or even imprisonment on the people who run them.
And yes, it's probably quite a bit easier for a politically connected or a person with political clout to get away with murder(perhaps literally) than it is even for a billionaire in this country.

The bottom line is almost everything Donald Trump does and says reeks of incompetence, stupidity, sleaze, and dishonesty.
He lied about being pro life.
He lied to Chris Cuomo about being audited for his taxes because he's a "strong Christian" when almost anyone can objectively tell that's not the case.
He's all over the map on abortion and Planned Parenthood.
He's willing to appease the transgenders on the "pick your bathroom" issue, even inviting "Caitlyn" Jenner to use the women's room at Trump Tower.
He pretty much sided against Kim Davis in Kentucky.
Again, he lies, and lies, and lies.
If Donald Trump is standing before me and says the sky is blue, I might be tempted to double check.
People can vote for the lesser of two evils if they wish.  But as I personally have said, when I believe both people are literally evil, that's a deal breaker for me, and I line I will not cross.
Hillary's fruits are rotten.  But Donald's fruits are equally rotten in their own way.  I won't vote for a wolf in sheep's clothing for no other reason than "he's the Republican nominee" and "because Hillary."

Well said, I fully concur and WELCOME to TBR!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775