Author Topic: Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report  (Read 17850 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2016, 08:40:07 pm »
RiV leading the dance group again:

@Wingnut after hearing Ted's news:      000hehehehe

Wingnut

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
FUBAR

This whole election is one f**ked up mess imho...I am getting so I really don't care who wins anymore.

There's the Girl I used to know!  Have a Beer on me down at the Decatur Brew Works.  "In Beer There Is Freedom!

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2016, 08:46:39 pm »
Today Ted Cruz proved Donald Trump right on one topic: he really was Lyin' Ted all along.
Let it burn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2016, 08:47:25 pm »
Oh?

So, when Cruz was useful to you in your drive to destroy Donald trump's candidacy you talked him up. Very politically expedient of you. Loyalty's not your strong suit is it?

But, it's good to see you're not bitter, though. I'm proud of you there.

Unlike other nevertrumpers who say they're not bitter but seem consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their gut until they can taste the bile in their mouth. But, at least they're not bitter.

Do you know what's an even worse sport that a poor loser?  A poor winner.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2016, 08:47:55 pm »
One should never compromise their principles. They are you have.

Enjoy your narcissism on your rapidly shrinking island.   Your principles don't impress me.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2016, 08:48:07 pm »
To the remaining rag-tag NeverTrumpers, and you know who you are:

You would love to get us Trump supporters into a protracted argument here.

But we know better. We know that letting you dangle in the breeze like this after those comments, makes your butt look bigger.

Was it you, pretty sure it was, lamenting on a thread the other day how the people here who are NeverTrump used to be so nice to you, but since becoming NeverTrump they have become so mean?  My thought at the time was that I have been here since May and don't recall you show a kindness to anyone, but I decided not to comment then.  I've now changed my mind.

Anywho, this is interesting news and certainly a curiosity as to what brought it about, but I can't think of a single NeverTrump here that has said they were waiting to see what Cruz was going to do before deciding who they would end up voting for.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2016, 08:49:18 pm »
There's the Girl I used to know!  Have a Beer on me down at the Decatur Brew Works.  "In Beer There Is Freedom!

In nonchalance there is avoidance.

Wingnut

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2016, 08:49:54 pm »
Enjoy your narcissism on your rapidly shrinking island.   Your principles don't impress me.

Of course they wouldn't impress you  When you have none of your own it is easy to dismis those of others.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2016, 08:51:19 pm »
Oh?

So, when Cruz was useful to you in your drive to destroy Donald trump's candidacy you talked him up. Very politically expedient of you. Loyalty's not your strong suit is it?

But, it's good to see you're not bitter, though. I'm proud of you there.

Unlike other nevertrumpers who say they're not bitter but seem consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their gut until they can taste the bile in their mouth. But, at least they're not bitter.

I rarely talked up Cruz because, frankly, I don't like him.  But, yeah, I'd do just about anything to wreck Trump. He is bad for this country.

Not bitter at all.  This is who Cruz is.  So, one scoundrel decides to support an even bigger scoundrel.  No surprise. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2016, 08:52:52 pm »
Today Ted Cruz proved Donald Trump right on one topic: he really was Lyin' Ted all along.

Where did he lie?

"The way to unify the party is to stand behind shared principles and shared values. And like millions of voters, I will be watching and listening to the candidates. Hillary Clinton will not defend freedom and will not be faithful to the Constitution. I know that. I will not be voting for Hillary Clinton," he added.
"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2016, 08:55:50 pm »
September 23, 2016, 01:57 pm
Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report. It is unclear wither Cruz plans on just pledging to vote for the GOP presidential nominee or offering more substantial backing.
mystery-ak

I haven't read the posts yet on this thread, but I imagine there will be a substantial number dissing Cruz, throwing him under the bus, stomping him into the ground - never going to vote for him, he is a deserter, can't be a conservative, on and on.  We don't own Cruz and he does not own us.

He is voting as he thinks is best and he says that is due to the Supreme Court nominees.  I will not vote for either one because I think that is best, you people will vote however you think is best.  When Cruz runs again for senator, I will vote for him as I think that is best for the country.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2016, 08:56:44 pm »
Of course they wouldn't impress you  When you have none of your own it is easy to dismis those of others.

Meanwhile, back at the gaming table, the dominoes keep falling, one, after the other, after the other, after the other...

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2016, 08:59:54 pm »
Where did he lie?

"The way to unify the party is to stand behind shared principles and shared values. And like millions of voters, I will be watching and listening to the candidates. Hillary Clinton will not defend freedom and will not be faithful to the Constitution. I know that. I will not be voting for Hillary Clinton," he added.

It's there in your tagline:

"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."

If he truly thinks that Trump will defend our freedom and be faithful to the Constitution, then maybe Cruz isn't a liar, but he is certainly a fool. Since he seems too smart to be that foolish, that makes him a liar.
Let it burn.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2016, 09:02:06 pm »
mystery-ak

I haven't read the posts yet on this thread, but I imagine there will be a substantial number dissing Cruz, throwing him under the bus, stomping him into the ground - never going to vote for him, he is a deserter, can't be a conservative, on and on.  We don't own Cruz and he does not own us.

He is voting as he thinks is best and he says that is due to the Supreme Court nominees.  I will not vote for either one because I think that is best, you people will vote however you think is best.  When Cruz runs again for senator, I will vote for him as I think that is best for the country.

I agree with what you've said here.  The reasons Cruz listed for why he would vote for Trump are basically the same reasons that any reluctant Trump voter gives for voting for him.  I understand them, I disagree with them, but I understand them. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2016, 09:04:09 pm »
ROFL!   All of you....hoisted on your own petards.

Thank you all, #nevertrumpers, for the belly laughs today.   

Sink.....you're the greatest of them all, buddy!   Don't ever change!

"Vengeance is Mine DCPatriot's", sayeth the Lord.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Idiot

« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2016, 09:07:54 pm »
This saddens me greatly.....

As a Christian first I don't understand Ted's thinking..

As a Texan, I'll still support our senator, but I'm very disappointed.

I do understand his thinking here about the court.  He has strong ties to the court and he sees the danger to our country if the court falls....as if it hasn't fallen enough already.  I understand his thinking, but sadly I don't agree with him.   8888crybaby
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:08:28 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »
ROFL!   All of you....hoisted on your own petards.

Thank you all, #nevertrumpers, for the belly laughs today.   

Sink.....you're the greatest of them all, buddy!   Don't ever change!

"Vengeance is Mine DCPatriot's", sayeth the Lord.

All today revealed was that nothing is more important to Ted Cruz than his own political fortune.  Not his dad, not his wife.

Kinda like Trump.  Two peas in a pod.  Ted'll be fetching Donald's KFC order in no time, since Christie's tied up with bridgegate again.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2016, 09:10:34 pm »
Clint Eastwood, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Dr. James Dobson, Mike Huckabee,  Jerry Falwell Jr. all of these people endorse whom one called vile? Really?

It be Romney or Cruz, I've been as much a backer of all of these.

And to vote for Johnson Weld? Pro-Choicers? And Trump is vile?

And Mike Pence has a very solid record on social conservative issues; of course, some nitpick on him too;

Criticism is so unwarranted.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2016, 09:15:53 pm »
There has been 24 hour Trump bashing here, no problem with someone having satisfaction at the turn of events; we are told how bad Trump is; or how he is not being principled, etc.  Sometimes people are flawed, Trump spoke to Americans and he won the campaign.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2016, 09:16:03 pm »
FUBAR

This whole election is one f**ked up mess imho...I am getting so I really don't care who wins anymore.

Giant Meteor 2016, baby!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2016, 09:18:28 pm »

I think it is what happens when you go whole hog for the Pig Trump.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:23:19 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2016, 09:19:15 pm »
Giant Meteor 2016, baby!
I don't know if there's a campaign button like your avatar, but I'd sure like to have one.

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2016, 09:21:05 pm »
It's there in your tagline:

If he truly thinks that Trump will defend our freedom and be faithful to the Constitution, then maybe Cruz isn't a liar, but he is certainly a fool. Since he seems too smart to be that foolish, that makes him a liar.

He believes that Trump is much more likely than Hillary to do so and didn't see any third party candidate that had a chance to win.
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Offline skeeter

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2016, 09:22:10 pm »
Fine. Great.

I could not have said this any better. But please! Do NOT confuse this with an endorsement. Or think this means Senator Cruz is supporting Trump.

I will likely vote for Trump also. But - just like Cruz - I won't support him. My vote will really be a vote AGAINST Hillary more than anything else. Trump will just happen to be the beneficiary of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cruz's statement is reasonable, I don't hold this against him.

Look, either I make up my own mind or I don't. And I do, notwithstanding what anyone else tells me to do.

Its the Trumpkins who move in a pack.

Wingnut

« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2016, 09:22:26 pm »
There has been 24 hour Trump bashing here, no problem with someone having satisfaction at the turn of events; we are told how bad Trump is; or how he is not being principled, etc.  Sometimes people are flawed, Trump spoke to Americans and he won the campaign.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, Trump supporters just gargle.