Author Topic: Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report  (Read 17894 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2016, 01:13:10 am »
Take that back right this instant.

As a man with over a decade in the grocery business, that was uncalled for.

Good luck with that. And yes, it was uncalled for. but having been on the receiving end of one of her inane Trump worshiping spazouts, i assure you no apology will darken your door.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2016, 01:17:45 am »
Hey @CatherineofAragon since you're so into ridiculing a profession you obviously know nothing about .... why not tell us how you spend your time....after the critical "paper or plastic?" question.  Don't hesitate to tell us everything dear, we won't ridicule you.   :smokin:

Don't be a richard.  Dear.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2016, 01:20:24 am »
I'm with these guys:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

I was amazed with who is on that list. And, to think, everyone there supporting Trump – many with sterling conservative bona fides – are nothing but roadkill to #NeverTrump. People with a lifetime of work in the conservative movement – their reputations negated by the politics of sanctimony.

Sad.

#NeverTrump sucks.

Wingnut

« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2016, 01:21:17 am »
Don't be a richard.  Dear.

LOL!  She's all puffed up. Jonesing on the Trump Kool aid.   

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2016, 01:23:03 am »
"Virgil Goode,* VA (1997–2009)[212]"

Virgil Goode, he was the Constitution Party candidate last time; I hope they can pull Virginia up somehow.

We're in the absurd world of #NeverTrump cultism where these self-styled "principled" conservatives have allied themselves with Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Lindsay Graham and against nearly every proven conservative office holder and thought leader in the GOP and conservative movement.

I compare this list:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

To this list:     http://acuratings.conservative.org/acu-federal-legislative-ratings/?year1=2015&chamber=11&state1=0&sortable=6

And I understand who the candidate in this Presidential election that conservative Republicans have coalesced around and support.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:30:33 am by ArneFufkin »

Wingnut

« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2016, 01:23:49 am »
I was amazed with who is on that list. And, to think, everyone there supporting Trump – many with sterling conservative bona fides – are nothing but roadkill to #NeverTrump. People with a lifetime of work in the conservative movement – their reputations negated by the politics of sanctimony.

Sad.

#NeverTrump sucks.

Don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2016, 01:27:42 am »
#NeverTrump: #NeverRight

Au contraire, short-sighted one. #NeverTrump will not be proven right or wrong by the outcome of the election.

#NeverTrump will be proven right only if Trump wins and, then, when he betrays everything for which you trusted him.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2016, 01:28:25 am »
Invar, if you ever make it down near Bullhead City on the Colorado River in AZ, remind me to buy you a beer. We may be about the only two people left in the western hemisphere that can see the forest for the trees.

Thanks for the invite Norm.  I've never been to your state. I've an uncle who lives in Glendale so maybe one day if I ever get out that way - I would certainly take you up on the offer. 

Let's pray there might be time enough for that to happen… but given the zeitgeist and the signs of the times… enjoy these salad days while they last.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2016, 01:28:55 am »
We're in the absurd world of #NeverTrump cultism where these self-styled "principled" conservatives have allied themselves with Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Lindsay Graham and against nearly every proven conservative office holder and thought leader in the GOP and conservative movement.

Arne, you are welcome to vote for the lesser of the two dreadfuls.  I choose to vote for neither, because the supposedly "less" dreadful is as much of a pathological liar as the "more" dreadful.

He's a scumbag of a human being.  We can do better and should.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2016, 01:32:32 am »
Husband: Hi, honey. I'm home.

Wife: What did you do today, babe?

Husband: Endorsed the guy who called you ugly

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2016, 01:33:48 am »
LOL!  She's all puffed up. Jonesing on the Trump Kool aid.

Just a continuance of the poor winners they and their candidate are.

Silver Pines

« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2016, 01:34:09 am »
To tell the truth, I've always had my suspicions about Cruz. For one, I have a few maxims in life and one of them is "never trust anyone or anything from Harvard." Cruz was a Harvard graduate. He seemed to defy most stereotypes and conventions. His stand against Obamacare was the gutsiest thing I've ever seen a sitting government official do. Through it all, he seemed to actually hold the values he preached.

I can't help thinking that this was coerced—the Pence meeting out of nowhere, the sudden return of Heidi to Goldman Sachs, and the endorsement after holding out as long as he did all point to something much more than coincidence. I truly believe he didn't want to endorse Donald Trump.

That's what angers me about this all. All of this looks just like the trading favors that Donald Trump has openly bragged about doing ever since he entered this race. It's the same garbage that led Trump to donate to the Clinton Foundation, and it's exactly what's wrong with politics today. It's a shame Cruz felt he was in a position where he had to make that endorsement. He wouldn't have done so with a typed response on Facebook if he meant it—after all, press conferences and cameras are pretty easy to set up.

Will I hold a grudge against Cruz? I'm not sure, but it looks bad to cave like this after making a career of NOT caving in the face of this kind of pressure.

I'm still not going to vote for Trump, and antics like this make me even LESS likely to do so.

@jmyrlefuller

Agreed. He's lost the right to carry the label of a man of principle.  I honestly don't know what to think about him at this point.  I do know I won't support him, which I suppose is all that matters.

I think you're probably right about the meeting with Pence, but it strikes me as just one more piece of 2016 hilarity that Mike Pence could coerce anyone, especially Ted Cruz. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2016, 01:34:20 am »
Son: Hi, Dad.

Dad: What's new?

Son: That guy who accused you of being involved in the JFK assassination? I endorsed him.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2016, 01:36:05 am »
Husband: Hi, honey. I'm home.

Wife: What did you do today, babe?

Husband: Endorsed the guy who called you ugly

Sums it up perfectly. That one thing, more than anything speaks to just how wrong Cruz' action here is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2016, 01:36:29 am »
@CatherineofAragon

You spoke of what his opponents could do ("they'll say he isn't a man who keeps his word"), but I think that his statement belies that.  Further, his first reason given for doing this was to keep his word to support the nominee.

I don't agree with his actions, but he was acting on principle.  Rolling the dice that the Deceitful Donny will let some honor slip into his behavior vs going with Hillary was something he has chosen to do...and I think it was out of principle, just like those who are reluctant Trump voters here.

My conscience guides me differently, but I don't hold this against him.

@Suppressed, Cruz also said he couldn't support a man who attacked his wife and his father.  That pledge takes precedence over any made to a political party.  I see absolutely nothing of principle in his actions.  I have to be honest about that.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2016, 01:37:27 am »
Au contraire, short-sighted one. #NeverTrump will not be proven right or wrong by the outcome of the election.

#NeverTrump will be proven right only if Trump wins and, then, when he betrays everything for which you trusted him.

The second part of your statement is 100% spot on. It isn't just about winning an election. Trump has a very good chance to win in Nov.

It's what happens after that that concerns me. And that will determine if NeverTrump was right or wrong. I hope my worries about a Trump presidency will be all for naught.

Those that supported his candidacy have created an image in their minds of what a Trump presidency would look like based on nothing more than wishes. That's why you see alot of , "I think he means," "I have a sense what he meant," "He meant to say" and so on and so on. When confronted with his own words that run contrary to their image, they dismiss it
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:45:04 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2016, 01:37:43 am »
@jmyrlefuller

Agreed. He's lost the right to carry the label of a man of principle.  I honestly don't know what to think about him at this point.  I do know I won't support him, which I suppose is all that matters.

I think you're probably right about the meeting with Pence, but it strikes me as just one more piece of 2016 hilarity that Mike Pence could coerce anyone, especially Ted Cruz.

This is the man Ted Cruz has always been. 

“I just don’t like the guy,” Bush said Sunday night, according to conversations with more than half a dozen donors who attended the event.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/jeb-bush-george-bush-donors-ted-cruz-214933#ixzz4L8JV6kZI

If W doesn't like you--and W likes everybody--you're a bad dude.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2016, 01:38:44 am »
@jmyrlefuller

Palin did the same thing. She got talked to and suddenly dropped out. But 'why' doesn't matter. Either could have easily gone online/TV and exposed the threats if in fact they existed and then something could have been done.

they did not.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2016, 01:39:27 am »
@Suppressed, Cruz also said he couldn't support a man who attacked his wife and his father.  That pledge takes precedence over any made to a political party.  I see absolutely nothing of principle in his actions.  I have to be honest about that.

@CatherineofAragon

Fair enough.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2016, 01:43:09 am »
Take that back right this instant.

As a man with over a decade in the grocery business, that was uncalled for.

@jmyrlefuller

That's liberal elitism at work, you see...they preach love for the average man but in reality all they have is contempt.

You're no good unless you have a gold plated toilet and a penthouse that looks like it belongs to a high-dollar pimp.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2016, 01:56:42 am »

You guys are not going to ridicule your way out of this one.

#NeverTrump #NeverRight

Every single word out of #NeverTrump has been wrong. Every prediction, every statement, every utterance, every partisan political attack on Donald Trump – wrong. Fifteen solid months of #NeverRight.

Don't you people ever tire of being wrong? It's not like this is in dispute. It's in the papers...Donald Trump is the nominee. And, after Monday, Donald Trump is poised to defeat Hillary Clinton in the general election, contrary to every temper tantrum and vindictive spewed by #NeverTrump.

Losers.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2016, 01:57:31 am »

That's liberal elitism at work, you see...they preach love for the average man but in reality all they have is contempt.

You're no good unless you have a gold plated toilet and a penthouse that looks like it belongs to a high-dollar pimp.

You misunderstood my post dear @CatherineofAragon.

But then, sarcasm IS the highest form of intelligence   :shrug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2016, 02:07:54 am »
You guys are not going to ridicule your way out of this one.

#NeverTrump #NeverRight

Every single word out of #NeverTrump has been wrong. Every prediction, every statement, every utterance, every partisan political attack on Donald Trump – wrong. Fifteen solid months of #NeverRight.

Don't you people ever tire of being wrong? It's not like this is in dispute. It's in the papers...Donald Trump is the nominee. And, after Monday, Donald Trump is poised to defeat Hillary Clinton in the general election, contrary to every temper tantrum and vindictive spewed by #NeverTrump.

Losers.

More anger, more pissing inside the tent, more ridicule.

Why the 'ef would I ever consider Trump when you are the prima facie example of a Trumpkin? 

No policies, no issues, just juvenile trashing of those who aren't onboard the Trump Train.

Convince us why we should support Trump.  Tell us why he's not the big-spending, crazed white nationalist zealot we believe him to be

Offline Idiot

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2016, 02:12:45 am »
Darn, I just ran out of crying towels.

Some here have suggested that I take a more conciliatory tone. Sorry. Just not up to that right now. Get back to me in, oh, about a year.

#NeverTrump: #NeverRight
It doesn't change the fact that there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that Trump will win the election.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2016, 02:13:10 am »

Has anyone seen libertybele? As I recall, she was fairly taken with Ted Cruz -- something about Ted Cruz is golden or an idol or something like that.

Wonder what she's thinking tonight about this recent development?

Not that I would bother with anything she had to say.