Author Topic: Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report  (Read 17920 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2016, 09:25:18 pm »
Today Ted Cruz proved Donald Trump right on one topic: he really was Lyin' Ted all along.

Your statement makes the giggling Trumpkins on this board very happy.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2016, 09:27:08 pm »
Yeah, but now his 2020 opponents will be able to pull up video of him calling Trump totally amoral, a pathological liar, etc., and the convention speech video, and they'll say he isn't a man who keeps his word or who acts on principle.  He just screwed himself, and for nothing.

You didn't read his statement, did you?

@CatherineofAragon
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2016, 09:27:58 pm »
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, Trump supporters just gargle.

Lol!

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2016, 09:28:22 pm »
Your statement makes the giggling Trumpkins on this board very happy.

Actually, I think Ted Cruz's statement did that for them.
Let it burn.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2016, 09:30:28 pm »
Oh?

So, when Cruz was useful to you in your drive to destroy Donald trump's candidacy you talked him up. Very politically expedient of you. Loyalty's not your strong suit is it?

But, it's good to see you're not bitter, though. I'm proud of you there.

Unlike other nevertrumpers who say they're not bitter but seem consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their gut until they can taste the bile in their mouth. But, at least they're not bitter.

Tedious. Extremely tedious.

I'll be delighted when the election is over if for no other reason than we'll have seen the last of your endless passive aggressive whining.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2016, 09:37:04 pm »
ROFL!   All of you....hoisted on your own petards.

Thank you all, #nevertrumpers, for the belly laughs today.   

Sink.....you're the greatest of them all, buddy!   Don't ever change!

"Vengeance is Mine DCPatriot's", sayeth the Lord.

Gloating does not become you, DC.  I'm no Never Trumper, but it still reduces my previous estimation of your character.  It's had a bit of a rough ride lately with the way you've been talking about our new members, most of whom are not the kind of people you accuse them of being.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2016, 09:46:06 pm »
I's just like to point out that the celebration here by the liberals over a once good man flushing his morality and good will down the toilet is practically biblical.

It is amazing to watch the orgy of joy coming from the left here CELEBRATING it.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2016, 09:50:07 pm »
Of course they wouldn't impress you  When you have none of your own it is easy to dismis those of others.

I'm with these guys:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »
To the remaining rag-tag NeverTrumpers, and you know who you are:

You would love to get us Trump supporters into a protracted argument here.

With whom, yourselves? 

You people are every bit and moreso the Statist tyrants than Hildabeast and her Communist Hordes are - you're just hiding your big government liberal statism under the disguises of Populism and Nationalism, but you are every bit the enemy I consider them, and I pledge eternal hostility to the likes of you and the Trump Mob.

You are no damn different than they are other than your pledge of fealty to your prince rather than their queen.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2016, 10:13:21 pm »
No...what's "amazing" is deleted by MOD , sir.

Calling Trump supporters that have been here at TBR "liberals"....because they don't fit your criteria of fringe right-wing wack job.

GTH, Norm.   You, and your entire entourage.

You back a liberal you are a liberal. Logic 101. Nothing pompus about it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:30:54 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2016, 10:14:09 pm »
I don't know if there's a campaign button like your avatar, but I'd sure like to have one.
@mrpotatohead

I don't know about a campaign button, but...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H3H1ZXI
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2016, 10:19:22 pm »
Calling Trump supporters that have been here at TBR "liberals"....because they don't fit your criteria of fringe right-wing wack job.

So if one doe snot vote for a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat running this cycle with an 'R' after his name - that's the definition of a right-wing whack-job?

I guess just put us under the same category of 'Constitution worshippers' in the 'lists' your bunch have created.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2016, 10:23:33 pm »
So if one doe snot vote for a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat running this cycle with an 'R' after his name - that's the definition of a right-wing whack-job?

I guess just put us under the same category of 'Constitution worshippers' in the 'lists' your bunch have created.

The fact that everyone didn't collapse into trump's arms when ted sold out just upsets them because they see that good people actually do stick to principle. And that they lack the integrity to do likewise. It just eats at them to face the fact that they stand for nothing.

And that other people see it.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2016, 10:29:03 pm »
I would expect him to simply state that a Hillary Court would be a disaster to our nation with its disregard for the Constitution so he will vote for the person with the best chance to prevent that which is Trump who has promised to appoint justices who will be faithful to the Constitution.

Yes! And that is what Cruz said. I don't think people are comprehending just how dangerous Hillary Clinton would be for America. Of course, maybe they are, but are trusting God completely hoping and praying He comes to our rescue. As for me and my better half, we will vote for Trump, and pray too.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2016, 10:53:15 pm »
May you live long and prosper....in the coming Trump economy.  :laugh:

I shall endeavor to do so. Hope your vision comes to pass.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline beandog

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2016, 11:00:41 pm »
FUBAR

This whole election is one f**ked up mess imho...I am getting so I really don't care who wins anymore.
I am so with you on this.   888high58888

Silver Pines

« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2016, 11:01:25 pm »
What a Trump thing to say.

@RAT Patrol

I'm the first one to admit I really believed Cruz was different.  Now for some, that might throw them into paroxysms of delighted gloating, but I couldn't care less about that.  I won't lie just to appear cool and disinterested;  Trumpers can think whatever they want.  It's immaterial.  But Cruz was the first and only candidate my husband and I ever donated money to. 

Cruz has really messed himself up here.  I've been looking around on twitter, and his supporters are angry, and rightfully so.  One of them mentioned the hours he put in going door to door, and for what---so that Cruz could turn into just another run of the mill disingenuous politician.  I'm mad, too.  I want my money back.  I could pretend and say, oh yeah, I disagree with him but he's still a good guy.  No, that isn't how I feel.  Either he played completely into the caricature of calculating self-interest, or it was always true.  I don't know which is true. 

A few weeks ago he was asked why he didn't endorse Trump and he said, "I'm not a servile puppy."  Well....this was a total beta move.

If he won't defend his wife and father, I can't trust him to stand up for me.

RAT, just so you know, I'm not yelling at you, lol....I'm just ranting.

Silver Pines

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2016, 11:02:43 pm »
To the remaining rag-tag NeverTrumpers, and you know who you are:

You would love to get us Trump supporters into a protracted argument here.

But we know better. We know that letting you dangle in the breeze like this after those comments, makes your butt look bigger.

@aligncare

#NeverTrump forever, baby.

Don't you have a massage to give or something?

Silver Pines

« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2016, 11:09:41 pm »
This saddens me greatly.....

As a Christian first I don't understand Ted's thinking..

As a Texan, I'll still support our senator, but I'm very disappointed.

I do understand his thinking here about the court.  He has strong ties to the court and he sees the danger to our country if the court falls....as if it hasn't fallen enough already.  I understand his thinking, but sadly I don't agree with him.   8888crybaby

@mrpotatohead

He already called Trump a pathological liar, said he lies about everything, and how he's going to trust him to pick judges. 

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2016, 11:10:03 pm »
@RAT Patrol

I'm the first one to admit I really believed Cruz was different.  Now for some, that might throw them into paroxysms of delighted gloating, but I couldn't care less about that.  I won't lie just to appear cool and disinterested;  Trumpers can think whatever they want.  It's immaterial.  But Cruz was the first and only candidate my husband and I ever donated money to. 

Cruz has really messed himself up here.  I've been looking around on twitter, and his supporters are angry, and rightfully so.  One of them mentioned the hours he put in going door to door, and for what---so that Cruz could turn into just another run of the mill disingenuous politician.  I'm mad, too.  I want my money back.  I could pretend and say, oh yeah, I disagree with him but he's still a good guy.  No, that isn't how I feel.  Either he played completely into the caricature of calculating self-interest, or it was always true.  I don't know which is true. 

A few weeks ago he was asked why he didn't endorse Trump and he said, "I'm not a servile puppy."  Well....this was a total beta move.

If he won't defend his wife and father, I can't trust him to stand up for me.

RAT, just so you know, I'm not yelling at you, lol....I'm just ranting.

:amen:

I agree completely. I really thought Ted Cruz would stand on principle, but it seems he's just another go-along-to-get-along politician after all.
Let it burn.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2016, 11:11:50 pm »
Do you know what's an even worse sport that a poor loser?  A poor winner.

The low-classed behavior comes from the top down. Remember, he's their kind of guy.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Silver Pines

« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2016, 11:17:17 pm »
You didn't read his statement, did you?

@CatherineofAragon

@Suppressed

I have.  What makes you think otherwise?

Silver Pines

« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2016, 11:19:55 pm »
No...what's "amazing" is how much of a pompous a$$ you are, sir.

@DCPatriot

Am I a member of the entourage?  Because I'm going to stay here and post just to tick you off.

Silver Pines

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2016, 11:22:41 pm »
I agree with your rant and fully appreciate it.  Thank you for sharing.  I feel your pain.

@RAT Patrol

Actually it's kind of freeing, because after all, if Cruz will change, who won't?  This election season has been a revelation.

Silver Pines

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2016, 11:25:49 pm »
:amen:

I agree completely. I really thought Ted Cruz would stand on principle, but it seems he's just another go-along-to-get-along politician after all.

@Ghost Bear

Here's what I don't get.  In his statement he mentioned the "pledge" he took to support the nominee.  I'll pass over the fact that he pledged his loyalty to his wife over everyone else when he married her, and he said he couldn't support anyone who attacked her, but okay. 

He doubtless had his pledge in mind when he made his convention speech, so what was it all about?  Why didn't he just endorse Trump then?