Author Topic: Suspicions Confirmed: Trump’s Campaign Was A Pre-Planned Con Job  (Read 22474 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Suspicions Confirmed: Trump’s Campaign Was A Pre-Planned Con Job

This is a quote from Donald Trump in December of 2013:

“‘I’m going to walk away with it and win it outright,’” a long-time New York political consultant recalled. “Trump told us, ‘I’m going to get in and all the polls are going to go crazy. I’m going to suck all the oxygen out of the room. I know how to work the media in a way that they will never take the lights off of me.'”

Trump laid out his plans more than 25 months before announcing his candidacy. All that truth Trump says he speaks? It’s a political con job aimed at attracting the largest GOP base: angry white racists who blame people of color and immigrants for their woes. Not only did Trump attract that demographic while trying to impress them by bragging that he was “self-funding” his campaign, he intended to do so while spending as little of his money as possible.

Notoriously frugal, Trump insisted he wouldn’t need to spend much money on paid advertising, drawing disbelief from the professionals gathered around his table.

“You can’t run for president on earned media,” one attendee recalled telling Trump.

The billionaire looked up, and paused for a long moment. “I think you’re wrong,” Trump said.

How has Trump earned that media? By saying outlandishly racist, sexist, and misogynistic things so that the media will continue to blast his face and his message, which is completely acceptable and echoes the voices of angry white racists, whether or not the statements are true. Facts don’t seem to mean much to his voters.

Trump nailed this point. He hasn’t needed to spend much at all to stay in the limelight. He can simply say horrible things and the media blasts his face everywhere. That doesn’t necessarily mean he believes the things he says, just that he knows what his base believes and will express those beliefs publicly, even if they’re horrible.

Although his advisers wanted him to wait until late in the game, perhaps skipping Iowa altogether, to enter the race, Trump knows media. It’s what he seems to do best.

“In the months before he entered the race, Trump’s then-advisers, Roger Stone and his young associate Sam Nunberg, proposed that the real estate developer and celebrity enter as late as possible, perhaps even skipping Iowa, and storm to the nomination a la Richard Nixon, who declared his candidacy for the 1968 Republican nomination on February 1 of that year.

Trump nixed that strategy in favor of a June entrance for two reasons. The first was that it would allow him to test the waters long enough to exit the race in time for the fall season of his reality show The Apprentice in case his campaign flopped.

The second was that Trump, an astute observer of the television industry, saw a news void he wanted to fill during the summer doldrums of the campaign — when most candidates are busy fundraising and building ground organizations.”

Hello, Trump supporters: you are being duped. Trump is not now and has never been a conservative or a Republican. He doesn’t hate our president or his healthcare plan. He isn’t pro-life. He isn’t against Hillary. He simply knows exactly what to say to you to keep you riled up, on his side, and to keep you watching him on television.

Congratulations, GOP. You’ve been had.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/02/06/suspicions-confirmed-trumps-campaign-was-a-pre-planned-con-job/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcUCLwWCihE&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:25:13 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Suspicions Confirmed: Trump’s Campaign Was A Pre-Planned Con Job
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 01:37:11 pm »
"It’s a political con job aimed at attracting the largest GOP base: angry white racists who blame people of color and immigrants for their woes."

I don't need to read anymore of this article.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 01:54:12 pm »
"It’s a political con job aimed at attracting the largest GOP base: angry white racists who blame people of color and immigrants for their woes."

I don't need to read anymore of this article.

Yeah, pretty much nails it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 01:59:44 pm »
Yeah, pretty much nails it.

I've got Trumpers calling me a race traitor for not supporting Orange Glorious so there must be plenty of people who fit the description in the article.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 02:01:59 pm »
I've got Trumpers calling me a race traitor for not supporting Orange Glorious so there must be plenty of people who fit the description in the article.

WOW!  That's crazy.  **nononono*

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 02:06:05 pm »

All along I have been saying that Trump appeals to the inner bigot of his supporters and those who want to blame others for their own life's failures.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 02:15:21 pm »

It sickens my stomach.  Through my entire life, I have been defending the Republican Party as the party of liberty, freedom, equal opportunity, and civil rights.  From John Fremont putting his wife up with him in 1856, to the anti-slavery amendments added to the Constitution after the War of Secession, to Teddy R. pushing for women's suffrage in the early 20th century, to Republicans pushing for anti-lynching legislation in the 1930s, to the civil rights bills of the 1950s and 1960s, the Republican Party has left a true legacy of all men being created equal.

Yet a century and a half after Lincoln spoke those famous words at Gettysburg, I find that my party has been infiltrated with bigots who wouldn't support Cruz because his name sounded 'Mexican', but were willing to come up with a plethora of lies to cover that reason up.

This is a self-fulfilling prophesy for the Democrats.  For the last five decades, they have been (wrongly) accusing Republicans of being the party of racism.  Today, their claims have been validated.  To hell with all of you.

I continue to stand on the creed that all men are created equal.  I continue to believe that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 02:21:03 pm »
It sickens my stomach.  Through my entire life, I have been defending the Republican Party as the party of liberty, freedom, equal opportunity, and civil rights.  From John Fremont putting his wife up with him in 1856, to the anti-slavery amendments added to the Constitution after the War of Secession, to Teddy R. pushing for women's suffrage in the early 20th century, to Republicans pushing for anti-lynching legislation in the 1930s, to the civil rights bills of the 1950s and 1960s, the Republican Party has left a true legacy of all men being created equal.

Yet a century and a half after Lincoln spoke those famous words at Gettysburg, I find that my party has been infiltrated with bigots who wouldn't support Cruz because his name sounded 'Mexican', but were willing to come up with a plethora of lies to cover that reason up.

This is a self-fulfilling prophesy for the Democrats.  For the last five decades, they have been (wrongly) accusing Republicans of being the party of racism.  Today, their claims have been validated.  To hell with all of you.

I continue to stand on the creed that all men are created equal.  I continue to believe that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

:amen:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 02:30:22 pm »
:amen:

My only complaint is with seeing Teddy Roosevelt equated with conservatism. The man was a co-founder of the progressive party.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 02:31:17 pm »
I spend a good portion of my free time over the last fourty years working to further what I thought were the aims of the Republican Party.

All that ended the instant they handed the party's nomination for president of the United States to Donald J. Trump this year!  I am now a man without a party!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 02:33:49 pm »
My only complaint is with seeing Teddy Roosevelt equated with conservatism. The man was a co-founder of the progressive party.

True.  I wasn't equating Teddy R. with Conservatism.  My post was about the GOP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 02:43:26 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 02:44:48 pm »
True.  I wasn't equating Teddy R. with Conservatism.  My post was about the GOP.

Calvin Coolidge is the true model of modern conservatism IMO. Very much the whole package guy. His only real failing in my eyes was his support for the League of Nations but hindsight is 20/20.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 03:06:09 pm »

So on target.  These folks are going to vote for Trump because he is going to build a wall to keep out "Messicuns".  He's going to ban "Mooselimbs.  I wonder if these people are looking to purchase any waterside property in the desert?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 03:07:37 pm »

Same here. 

And it's obvious that many of his minions think it's all immigrants stealing their jobs, not considering the government-imposed costs on business in the US.  They're willing to support someone who has expressed intentions of making their lives worse economically, justly because it's easier to blame a scapegoat than to take a holistic view of the economic problems.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 03:10:31 pm »
So on target.  These folks are going to vote for Trump because he is going to build a wall to keep out "Messicuns".  He's going to ban "Mooselimbs.  I wonder if these people are looking to purchase any waterside property in the desert?

If they are, he'll be more than happy to sell it to them.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 03:14:45 pm »

Details? Is this in the real or cyber world?

Offline livius

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 03:20:39 pm »

Very eloquent- I entirely agree. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »
I have never made and will never make the argument that it is immoral for people to vote for Trump to stop Hillary. I understand that argument completely, and sympathize with it. But lying for Trump is immoral. Pretending his boo-boos aren’t boo-boos is immoral. Pretending he’s something he’s not, and lying to your audience about it – that’s immoral. And most of all, pretending that those who make a different risk-reward calculation from yours are immoral – even while those people hold supposedly similar principles – is immoral.

Quoted from:  http://www.dailywire.com/news/8350/laura-ingraham-successfully-persuades-me-not-vote-ben-shapiro?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=twitterbenshapiro

It perfectly describes my position!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 03:31:29 pm »
Same here. 

And it's obvious that many of his minions think it's all immigrants stealing their jobs, not considering the government-imposed costs on business in the US.  They're willing to support someone who has expressed intentions of making their lives worse economically, justly because it's easier to blame a scapegoat than to take a holistic view of the economic problems.

They've adopted victimology and just want to vote for the guy who promises to punish the "guilty".

Businesses leave this country because of increasing economic oppression and punishing them for leaving won't bring them back. Its like trying to beat obedience into a dog, it won't work.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »
Very eloquent- I entirely agree.

The standard tweet I get from Trumpers.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 03:36:50 pm »

I won't vouch for anyone else's motives, but I want illegal immigration and Islamification in the US stopped, too. In a manner consistent with the Constitution, of course.

But its clear to me that Trump has thrown these issues out as boob bait for bubbas only.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 03:49:52 pm »

stuart stevens
‏@stuartpstevens stuart stevens Retweeted Josh Marshall

Like Carson campaign, the Trump campaign is turning into a scam that exists to build lists to sell after loss.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 04:00:31 pm »
I won't vouch for anyone else's motives, but I want illegal immigration and Islamification in the US stopped, too. In a manner consistent with the Constitution, of course.

But its clear to me that Trump has thrown these issues out as boob bait for bubbas only.

Agreed.  Stop illegal immigration and Islamification the right way, not through hatred fear and loathing.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 04:31:48 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.