Author Topic: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers  (Read 19602 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2016, 09:48:41 pm »
How does one mold a conscience that denies reality?

The primaries are over. The "other than Trump supporters" WERE a majority, but that is the way the game is played. Reality.

One of two candidates will swear the oath on Jan 20. Reality.

There is one ideologically pure candidate. Reality.

Not voting Trump lessens the work load and paves the path for the pure statist ideology candidate. Reality.

And despite all that... Trump is *STILL* the greater danger to our nation.

Our nation will exist in four years time, albeitly worse off, with Hillary.
With Trump, there is a good chance it will either not exist... or not exist in any recognizable form.

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2016, 09:49:20 pm »
We've warned since the beginning that nominating Trump would put Clinton in the white house. Its a little hard to feel ashamed of being right.

They wouldn't listen then.  They dismissed us, told us our support wasn't needed or wanted, and the Trump Train would barrel right on up to 1600 Pennsylvania without us.  Now, as expected, they're coming to the realization that Trump is losing, and they're almost to the point of begging.

I personally hope they don't go that far.  I would advise them to hold onto their dignity.  We told them Trump was never going to win.  It's on them, and they need to own it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2016, 09:51:40 pm »
NOT ONE SINGLE WORD ABOUT THE EVER PRESENT DANGER OF HILLARY CLINTON AND THE DEMOCRAT PARTY

The same ones that Donald Trump helped fund?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

HonestJohn

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2016, 09:51:47 pm »
Many folks are still quite butt hurt that Ted Cruz lost. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I gotta be mindful of saying "butt hurt."

What I meant to say was many folks are still being intransigent after support for their choosen candidate collapsed.

You see, it's not that #NeverTrump is bitter. No. They're just consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their gut until they can taste the bile in their mouth. Well, I guess they are a little bitter. Either that or they're coming down with something.

Anyway, don't y'all feel better? I did take back that mean 'ol micro-aggression comment.  888high58888

I  have asked a 100x to stop the Nazi references...there is absolutely no comparisons
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:58:18 pm by mystery-ak »

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2016, 09:52:46 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2016, 09:55:52 pm »
God is still on His throne and I will eventually have to stand before Him and give an account for my (non)vote. Reality.

I have learned not to depend on the "wisdom of man" to deliver us from the colossal mess we've made for ourselves. Whenever we do, we dig ourselves into a deeper pit. Reality.

That was very well said. Thanks.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2016, 09:57:11 pm »
They wouldn't listen then.  They dismissed us, told us our support wasn't needed or wanted, and the Trump Train would barrel right on up to 1600 Pennsylvania without us.  Now, as expected, they're coming to the realization that Trump is losing, and they're almost to the point of begging.

I personally hope they don't go that far.  I would advise them to hold onto their dignity.  We told them Trump was never going to win.  It's on them, and they need to own it.

Don't forget that they also called us "traitors."

I know that, for me, that made me really want to do what they were demanding I do....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2016, 09:57:54 pm »
NOT ONE SINGLE WORD ABOUT THE EVER PRESENT DANGER OF HILLARY CLINTON AND THE DEMOCRAT PARTY . Not one word. [other than comparing yourself to her]

Therein lies the problem. This isn't about you, it's about the country...all of us.

That's right.  And out of the two bad choices, Trump supporters hoisted the greater of two evils upon us.  There is something fundamentally wrong with a person that would do so.

HonestJohn

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2016, 10:00:29 pm »
I  have asked a 100x to stop the Nazi references...there is absolutely no comparisons

Myst...

Did you miss the American Nazi Party's endorsement of Trump, then?

And has he rejected it?

Most politicians would be denouncing it the day it happened.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:14:40 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2016, 10:00:59 pm »
Name calling. How quaint. And yet, I remain unmoved.

That was a very bilious, butthurt post for one supposedly condemning bile & butthurt.

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2016, 10:04:52 pm »
Don't forget that they also called us "traitors."

I know that, for me, that made me really want to do what they were demanding I do....   **nononono*

That's right, I forgot about that.  Well...so I'm a traitor to a reality show host.  I think I can live with it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2016, 10:06:01 pm »
NOT ONE SINGLE WORD ABOUT THE EVER PRESENT DANGER OF HILLARY CLINTON AND THE DEMOCRAT PARTY . Not one word. [other than comparing yourself to her]

Therein lies the problem. This isn't about you, it's about the country...all of us.

It was always about the country. Until Trump supporters made it about Trump.

We knew he would lose, and tried desperately to explain that to no avail. No amount of arguing or data swayed Trump supporters away from the cliff that you all jumped off together.

You all made it about Trump and forgot about the country when you fell into step with the ONE candidate that couldn't beat Hillary.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2016, 10:10:26 pm »
That's right, I forgot about that.  Well...so I'm a traitor to a reality show host.  I think I can live with it.

:silly:  Yep.  So can I!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2016, 10:12:36 pm »
It's unfortunate that the OP decided to dignify the permanently aggrieved NeverTrump losers with this article. I personally don't care who they vote for and won't waste a second of my time trying to convince them they should vote for Trump.Anyone who is OK with Hillary taking office needs his/her head examined.
I think you misinterpret us. I'm not okay with any New York Liberal in the White House, nope, neither one. I will vote for someone else.

Now if that ruffles your feathers, there, peaches, consider this.

Y'all were told we weren't going to vote for the Orange Glorious, repeatedly. We have stated our reasons why we would not support him in the Primary, and frankly, those reasons not only haven't changed, they've been exacerbated by Mr. Orange Combover, himself.
No reason to change our opinion, and we even put one of those little hashtag thingys in front of the basic concept and have been continuously advertising the fact that we were not going to vote for him.
We were told our votes were not needed, and our support was not wanted.

Fine.

Unlike your boy, there, we would hate to lie.

Therefore, we're going to remain faithful to our promise and not vote for him, (or Hillary, either).

Now, if that gets your panties in a wad, so be it.

While you are not wasting time trying to convince us to vote for your boy, kindly spare us the juvenile insults as well. All I have lost is the illusion that there were so many conservatives in the GOP. Disappointing so many were not, to be sure, but that doesn't make ME the "loser".
I understand those who vote for him out of fear, but I have been there, done that, and didn't even get the t-shirt (The one that says "I compromised my principles to vote for that loser and all I got was this D@mn shirt"). The GOP should have sent those out with a donation of 25 or 50 bucks in 2008 and 2012 (one size fits most, and all that--the message is the same). 
Instead, I am embarking on a new venture, to try and help build another political party more to my liking than the GOP that has collectively lied to us all, and provided virtually no resistance to growing Liberalism, in fact has, for the most part skipped down the road kicking the economic can, hand in hand with the Democrats.
I see Trump as a fine place to not stray from that goal. Y'all made this mess. You wouldn't listen to us then, you won't listen now, but y'all own it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 10:15:18 pm »
I think you misinterpret us. I'm not okay with any New York Liberal in the White House, nope, neither one. I will vote for someone else.

Now if that ruffles your feathers, there, peaches, consider this.

Y'all were told we weren't going to vote for the Orange Glorious, repeatedly. We have stated our reasons why we would not support him in the Primary, and frankly, those reasons not only haven't changed, they've been exacerbated by Mr. Orange Combover, himself.
No reason to change our opinion, and we even put one of those little hashtag thingys in front of the basic concept and have been continuously advertising the fact that we were not going to vote for him.
We were told our votes were not needed, and our support was not wanted.

Fine.

Unlike your boy, there, we would hate to lie.

Therefore, we're going to remain faithful to our promise and not vote for him, (or Hillary, either).

Now, if that gets your panties in a wad, so be it.

While you are not wasting time trying to convince us to vote for your boy, kindly spare us the juvenile insults as well. All I have lost is the illusion that there were so many conservatives in the GOP. Disappointing so many were not, to be sure, but that doesn't make ME the "loser".
I understand those who vote for him out of fear, but I have been there, done that, and didn't even get the t-shirt (The one that says "I compromised my principles to vote for that loser and all I got was this D@mn shirt"). The GOP should have sent those out with a donation of 25 or 50 bucks in 2008 and 2012 (one size fits most, and all that--the message is the same). 
Instead, I am embarking on a new venture, to try and help build another political party more to my liking than the GOP that has collectively lied to us all, and provided virtually no resistance to growing Liberalism, in fact has, for the most part skipped down the road kicking the economic can, hand in hand with the Democrats.
I see Trump as a fine place to not stray from that goal. Y'all made this mess. You wouldn't listen to us then, you won't listen now, but y'all own it.

Great post!  :patriot:

HonestJohn

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2016, 10:17:12 pm »
OHMYGOSH! I totally missed that. Did FOX and Drudge pull a mainstream media stunt and omit that story from their news coverage? Hmmmmm...

I would be surprised if he rejected it. He didn't reject the KKK kudos, IIRC.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,219555.0.html

Offline aligncare

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2016, 10:22:15 pm »
It was always about the country. Until Trump supporters made it about Trump.

We knew he would lose, and tried desperately to explain that to no avail. No amount of arguing or data swayed Trump supporters away from the cliff that you all jumped off together.

You all made it about Trump and forgot about the country when you fell into step with the ONE candidate that couldn't beat Hillary.

How do you support a candidate for president without making "it" about that candidate for president?

Furthermore NeverTrump's bizarre construct, that Trump bullied his way to the nomination, is nothing but bogus gobbledygook.  Mr. Trump won the nomination by showing himself to the voters as a preferable candidate and getting more votes than the other GOP offerings.

Making it about the candidate? I'm sorry but, that does not compute.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2016, 10:23:18 pm »
I have two nightmares that having me waking up in a cold sweat. Nightmare number one is Hillary getting elected president....that really has me seriously thinking about taking up hard drinking. The second nightmare is Trump getting elected president. That nightmare is almost as bad.
The truly sad thing is that I feel more confident with Hillary's hand on the button rather than Trump's.  And Hillary is exactly as bad as her detractors (including yours truly) have been saying about her. She's a disaster. For me to think someone would be more untrustworthy than Hillary takes an unstable, ignoramus of the highest order. That would be Donald J. Trump.
I'm still not quite a neverTrump, but I'm close. No way will I vote for Hillary, but this election has presented the country with the two worst choices in its history.

HonestJohn

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2016, 10:27:43 pm »
How do you support a candidate for president without making "it" about that candidate for president?

Furthermore NeverTrump's bizarre construct, that Trump bullied his way to the nomination, is nothing but bogus gobbledygook.  Mr. Trump won the nomination by showing himself to the voters as a preferable candidate and getting more votes than the other GOP offerings.

Making it about the candidate? I'm sorry but, that does not compute.

Seriously?

You point out positions that would benefit the nation.  You argue why those positions would.  Then you point out how your preferred candidate supports them.  Add in a bit showing how your preferred candidate has a positive, hopeful message and can deliver key swing states.

That's how you keep it from being 'all about your candidate".

Trump and his supporters offered nothing like that.  Of course, it is impossible to do when Trump's statements are all over the board, excepting those that repel large swaths of the general voter populace.

But that should have be a giant klaxon warning anyone listening that the guy should not get anywhere near the nomination.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2016, 10:29:54 pm »
I have two nightmares that having me waking up in a cold sweat. Nightmare number one is Hillary getting elected president....that really has me seriously thinking about taking up hard drinking. The second nightmare is Trump getting elected president. That nightmare is almost as bad.
The truly sad thing is that I feel more confident with Hillary's hand on the button rather than Trump's.  And Hillary is exactly as bad as her detractors (including yours truly) have been saying about her. She's a disaster. For me to think someone would be more untrustworthy than Hillary takes an unstable, ignoramus of the highest order. That would be Donald J. Trump.
I'm still not quite a neverTrump, but I'm close. No way will I vote for Hillary, but this election has presented the country with the two worst choices in its history.

While I would never vote for her, I do think Hillary learns from her mistakes. She belongs in prison for Benghazi but she won't let the same thing happen again.

Trump on the other hand can't learn from mistakes he can't admit to making.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2016, 10:30:49 pm »
Seriously?

You point out positions that would benefit the nation.  You argue why those positions would.  Then you point out how your preferred candidate supports them.  Add in a bit showing how your preferred candidate has a positive, hopeful message and can deliver key swing states.

That's how you keep it from being 'all about your candidate".

Trump and his supporters offered nothing like that.  Of course, it is impossible to do when Trump's statements are all over the board, excepting those that repel large swaths of the general voter populace.

But that should have be a giant klaxon warning anyone listening that the guy should not get anywhere near the nomination.

Trump people have made this election a direct replica of Obama's two elections.

It's not about policy, it's not about conservatism, it's not about truth.  It's just about Donald.

He is the ONE they have been waiting for.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2016, 10:31:05 pm »

Trump is not a conservative, this is not emotion, this is verifiable fact. 

This is a disconnect among so many folks.  This is not your father's election year ... liberal/conservative is not an issue in this election so not being conservative does not carry the weight it did in prior elections. Political labels have been pushed to the back burner this election cycle.  This election is about globalism vs. sovereignty--on all fronts in our American society and ending the rampant corruption among a too secure ruling class--on both sides of the aisle.   

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:32:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2016, 10:38:23 pm »
Thanks for that link. It's a curious thing that there's so little activity on the thread. And from the Trumpanzees ... crickets.

Why do you choose to use the term 'Trumpanzees' and not Trump supporters?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2016, 10:42:49 pm »
liberal/conservative is not an issue in this election so not being conservative does not carry the weight it did in prior elections. Political labels have been pushed to the back burner this election cycle.
In other words, you know he's a liberal and you don't care because conservatives don't have a voice.

Well, I intend to shout as loud as I can until the cows come home, and you can't stop me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2016, 10:45:17 pm »
Why do you choose to use the term 'Trumpanzees' and not Trump supporters?

Because 'Trump Supporter' sounds synonymous with 'jockstrap'... And that might be thought to be offensive.