Author Topic: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers  (Read 19605 times)

Offline ScottinVA

Re: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 06:21:20 pm »
There is still time for Trump to step down, you know.   Let Trump save face,  and abdicate in favor of his own veep, Mike Pence.   Let the GOP announce it will go forward on the basis of Trump's economic ideas as articulated to the DAC,  and Ryan's House program of conservative reforms.

That'd be the ideal correction going forward, but that implies Trump isn't carrying water for his close friend Hillary.  He won't step aside until victory is absolutely assured for her.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2016, 06:23:31 pm »
Actually, I think that most of the protestations from the Trump crowd, and especially from those who shriek, bully and accuse, are due to their own guilty consciences.  Somewhere, deep inside, they know that Trump is amoral and corrupt, and their own consciences are trying to get them to wake up and oppose him, but other forces are leading them away from what is right.   Thus, they accuse others in an effort to defend themselves.

Safety and self worth through projection.

Insightful post ML.  Worth reading again. :pondering:

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2016, 06:25:49 pm »
Anyone who is OK with Hillary taking office needs his/her head examined.

I agree.  Nothing guarantees Hillary's ascendance to the White House more than the nomination of Trump.  That's precisely why some forethought should've been employed before casting votes for Trump in the primary based on emotion.  Some consideration to actual viability in the general election would've been in order.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 06:28:17 pm »

Projection indeed.

Hugh Hewitt sank so low as to call Ben Shapiro "Alt Right" of all things.

The naked truth about the Alt-Right movement

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/the-naked-truth-about-the-alt-right-movement

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 06:29:44 pm »
I agree.  Nothing guarantees Hillary's ascendance to the White House more than the nomination of Trump.  That's precisely why some forethought should've been employed before casting votes for Trump in the primary based on emotion.  Some consideration to actual viability in the general election would've been in order.

We've warned since the beginning that nominating Trump would put Clinton in the white house. Its a little hard to feel ashamed of being right.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 06:30:01 pm by Cripplecreek »

debrawiest

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 07:52:11 pm »
Many folks are still quite butt hurt that Ted Cruz lost. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I gotta be mindful of saying "butt hurt."

What I meant to say was many folks are still being intransigent after support for their choosen candidate collapsed.

You see, it's not that #NeverTrump is bitter. No. They're just consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their gut until they can taste the bile in their mouth. Well, I guess they are a little bitter. Either that or they're coming down with something.

Anyway, don't y'all feel better? I did take back that mean 'ol micro-aggression comment.  888high58888

Name calling. How quaint. And yet, I remain unmoved.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 07:55:23 pm »
Name calling. How quaint. And yet, I remain unmoved.

Meanwhile support for their candidate collapses as well.

geronl

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 08:03:07 pm »
  The NeverTrumpers are appealing to their conservative friends based on emotional claims that I recognize as false,

Trump is not a conservative, this is not emotion, this is verifiable fact.

NeverTrumpers do not want to be associated with the leftist orange moron whatsoever, not in their names will you elect the NY dummy.

Trump won't be elected in my name, I refuse to have that travesty on my head.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 08:06:21 pm »
Many folks are still quite butt hurt that Ted Cruz lost. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I gotta be mindful of saying "butt hurt."

What I meant to say was many folks are still being intransigent after support for their choosen candidate collapsed.

You see, it's not that #NeverTrump is bitter. No. They're just consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their gut until they can taste the bile in their mouth. Well, I guess they are a little bitter. Either that or they're coming down with something.

Anyway, don't y'all feel better? I did take back that mean 'ol micro-aggression comment.  888high58888

I'm sure we'll be having a conversation about "butthurt" after Trump receives his epic thumping in November.  It's not about "hate," as you on the left term it... it's opposition to an unsteady, unreliable, unmoored and unelectable Northeastern liberal candidate whose nomination amounted to nothing more than an exercise in ranting emotionalism without regard to his actual viability. 

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2016, 08:10:25 pm »
Whatever happened to the Reagan Democrats this guy was supposed to bring?  As I recall, their numbers were going to dwarf the NeverTrumps, rendering that movement irrelevant.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2016, 08:15:29 pm »
Whatever happened to the Reagan Democrats this guy was supposed to bring?  As I recall, their numbers were going to dwarf the NeverTrumps, rendering that movement irrelevant.

Myth... Or rather, Regan Democrats are largely what is now called the Christian Right... And have been Republican ever since Reagan stood on a Pro-Life plank.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2016, 08:26:23 pm »
That is, quite simply, a defamation.    We who oppose Trump don't do so for selfish reasons,  or out of sore-loserism.    We oppose Trump because we consider him a grave danger to the nation, and to conservatism.   How is it selfish for me to vote in a way that's completely opposed to my self-interest, and 40-year history of voting Republican?   Do you think I don't know that the price of defeating Trumpism may be Democratic hegemony?

Trrump is unfit to be President.   I've been saying it a lot longer than Hillary has.   So have most on this forum,  which as far as I'm concerned is a beacon of righteous resistance. 

But it is not resistance for its own sake.   Look at Donald Trump,  and tell me why the man's not a menace.       

NOT ONE SINGLE WORD ABOUT THE EVER PRESENT DANGER OF HILLARY CLINTON AND THE DEMOCRAT PARTY . Not one word. [other than comparing yourself to her]

Therein lies the problem. This isn't about you, it's about the country...all of us.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2016, 08:36:49 pm »
Myth... Or rather, Regan Democrats are largely what is now called the Christian Right... And have been Republican ever since Reagan stood on a Pro-Life plank.

As a Michigander I can attest to that being mostly true. What is often missed about the Reagan democrats is the fact that they were at least as attracted to his positive message about a traditional America (Faith, family, hope for a future etc) as they were to his economic message. It should be noted that those same unions that were the primary source of the Reagan democrats have moved a long way left since then.

There are still conservative union members (some 40% of union members supported RTW in Michigan) but unions have really increased the marxist indoctrination in the years since Reagan. My UAW cousin is very socially conservative but is a fully committed marxist who preferred Sanders but will accept Clinton. Those that aren't indoctrinated are smart enough to understand that the reasons jobs leave America are regulatory and tax related right here. You can't punish a business into hiring here any more than you can beat obedience into a dog.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2016, 08:44:44 pm »
Not voting Trump lessens the work load and paves the path for the pure statist ideology candidate. Reality.
So does voting Trump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2016, 08:48:26 pm »
NOT ONE SINGLE WORD ABOUT THE EVER PRESENT DANGER OF HILLARY CLINTON AND THE DEMOCRAT PARTY . Not one word. [other than comparing yourself to her]

Therein lies the problem. This isn't about you, it's about the country...all of us.
Indeed, and both Trump and Clinton will ruin it in their own ways.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2016, 08:56:07 pm »
New Trumpkin motto:  All your conscience are belong to us.

:media:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2016, 09:01:05 pm »

Thank you, @Once-Ler

Just think about the visceral anger they feel at Ted Cruz (remember him?  He was running for President once).   They still can't control their hatred of him for daring to say "Vote your values."  If their consciences are clear, and they ARE voting their values, then why does that make them so furious?

The only thing that makes sense is that Ted Cruz' comments jabbed at their guilty consciences.  We KNOW a lot of these people, and they are not valueless and amoral like Donald Trump is.  It HAS to be bothering them at some level that they keep defending the indefensible.

I think that's what makes some of them lash out, bully and berate.  They are good people doing a bad thing, and they know it.

Just my two cents.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2016, 09:06:58 pm »
New Trumpkin motto:  All your conscience are belong to us.
:silly: Aint' it the truth.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2016, 09:17:12 pm »
As a Michigander I can attest to that being mostly true. What is often missed about the Reagan democrats is the fact that they were at least as attracted to his positive message about a traditional America (Faith, family, hope for a future etc) as they were to his economic message. It should be noted that those same unions that were the primary source of the Reagan democrats have moved a long way left since then.

Folks forget that the country was a whole lot more conservative back then... This is just about the first strike against the destruction of family values espoused by the 60's - Largely the democrat leadership represented the extension of the hippie culture... And rank and file Democrats were still god-oriented and family oriented - Especially so in the South and the West, thought the West tended to be more Republican...

But unquestionably, abortion was the point of the spear. Reagan was wise enough to see, and offered Christians, or more broadly, social conservatives, a seat at the Conservative table... And the juggernaut awoke.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:05 pm »
God is still on His throne and I will eventually have to stand before Him and give an account for my (non)vote. Reality.

I have learned not to depend on the "wisdom of man" to deliver us from the colossal mess we've made for ourselves. Whenever we do, we dig ourselves into a deeper pit. Reality.

Amen and AMEN!

The reality that we need most concern ourselves with is the reality of eternal values.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2016, 09:32:07 pm »
God is still on His throne and I will eventually have to stand before Him and give an account for my (non)vote. Reality.

I have learned not to depend on the "wisdom of man" to deliver us from the colossal mess we've made for ourselves. Whenever we do, we dig ourselves into a deeper pit. Reality.
Right on!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »

We know what Hildabeast is.  We know what the Democrat Commies are.

There is not a damn thing you or I are going to be able to do via civil means to change her coronation that has already been put in motion by the oligarchy.

Trump is her Trojan Stalking Horse.

You bought the ruse hook, line and sinker.

No, this isn't about you changing anything in November.

It's about the wholesale fundamental transformation of the country that has ALREADY been achieved.

You just have a fatal case of normalcy bias and hero worship in a charlatan you think is going to save us all.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2016, 09:41:16 pm »
As long as Trump remains #NeverConservative, I will remain #NeverTrump.

With the election three months out, Trump continues to March leftward.  Conservatives don't ask Conservatives to vote for N.Y. liberals.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Silver Pines

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2016, 09:44:56 pm »
The author needs to get some help for his panic attacks.  Using them to try and guilt me into supporting an unfit, amoral idiot won't work.

He identifies as a social conservative, and then writes:

"But NeverTrumpers have no right to rationalize what they are about to do by saying they oppose Trump because he's too liberal or too coarse. "

"And even if Trump's beliefs are too liberal, who cares?"

"What have the social absolutists done for us lately?  Ted Cruz's brave posturing in Congress didn't stop abortion, gay marriage, gay adoption, or transgender bathroom access"

"Many of us are not freaked out by the fact that Trump has dallied with liberals, wasn't always that socially conservative, and doesn't necessarily agree with us 100%."

Self-contradictory nonsense.

Trump has not only dallied with liberals, but is a lifelong liberal himself.  If the author wants to support him, he's free to do it, but don't come screeching at me to join in.

There are more important things than elections.  One of those is obedience to God. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2016, 09:45:48 pm »
One could simply flip the names in this article and it would be a perfectly servicable NeverTrump piece.

So... this isn't doesn't really help his cause.