Author Topic: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers  (Read 19601 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:29 pm »
I'll gladly vote for a candidate that is not open borders as our last 2 or 3 presidents have been, who is not a globalist. This isn't hard for me to decide on.

“We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability. . . . The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy.”

-Donald Trump, 2013-
[/size]
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2016, 10:28:12 pm »
As a conservative, why would I be loyal to a corrupt organization that holds me in contempt, or to a lifelong liberal simply because he has an "R" behind his name?  Neither deserve my loyalty. 

My vote must be earned, and so should yours be, or you're following blindly in lockstep.  It's no different than black people maintaining loyalty to the Democrats when their party treats them with contempt, as though they're children.

Rick Perry made a fool of himself by branding Trump a cancer on conservatism (he was right), and then campaigning for that cancer.  His credibility is shot, much like that of Chris Christie, Mike Pence, and any number of others who chose to hitch themselves to Trump.

Yeah, like I said, I tried to strengthen the country's borders, too, by supporting Cruz---you know, the guy who was talking about a border wall when Trump was yapping on his reality show.  If you trust THAT guy to build one, you're going to be waiting a long time, since he and his people have already backtracked on the promise.

That's it, exactly.

I'm aware of the danger a Madame Rodham Presidency holds; and I can hold my nose and vote. Done it enough I'm getting pretty good at it.

But when the loud buffoon deliberately rejects my views, leaders I support, tosses slanders and accusations out and then has a tantrum that the victim of those slanders won't kiss his ring...I realize we're not JUST dealing with MERELY differences in political philosophy.

We're dealing with a disturbed narcissist who, consciously or not, is creating a Cult of Personality and is demanding absolute fealty and subjugation.

I WILL NOT GIVE IT.

There are plenty of things I have no control over.  If the mullahs in Iran launch nuclear war, I can't control it.  And if Monica's boyfriend's wife gets elected to the White House, I have no control over THAT, either.

I used what little control I had, in warning others about what a crudnik this Trump goofball was.  Didn't do much good.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2016, 11:13:40 pm »
There has been no nuke technology transfer. 
The Iranians have destroyed/are destroying their HEU stockpiles.
There are no talks with Japan to disarm.

Stop reading fake news.

Today:  Obama Admin Gives Green Light for Iran to Build Two New Nuclear Plants

“Nothing in the behavior of the Iranian regime in the year since the JCPOA went into effect should give us any confidence that they will be confining their nuclear program to peaceful activities,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas) said to the Free Beacon, using the official acronym for the nuclear deal
. “Secretary Kerry seems to think that the mullahs are interested in curing cancer and civilian energy production, but their rapid progress in ballistic missile technology suggests they are far more determined to develop the nuclear weapons these projectiles are designed to deliver.”

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-admin-gives-green-light-iran-build-two-new-nuclear-plants/

'New questions emerge about Iran deal after missile test

Two days before the anniversary of the nuclear agreement between Iran and world powers, the Islamic Republic attempted to launch a new type of ballistic missile using North Korean technology, multiple intelligence officials tell Fox News.

The test, in violation of a UN resolution, failed shortly after liftoff when the missile exploded, sources said. The effort occurred on the evening of July 11-12 near the Iranian city of Saman, an hour west of Isfahan, where Iran has conducted similar ballistic missile tests in the past.'
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/15/exclusive-iran-conducts-4th-missile-test-since-signing-nuke-deal.html

Obama speech in Japan: 
NY Times.  In a striking example of the gap between Mr. Obama’s vision of a nuclear weapons-free world and the realities of purging them, a new Pentagon census of the American nuclear arsenal shows his administration has reduced the stockpile less than any other post-Cold War presidency.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/world/asia/obama-hiroshima-japan.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:17:13 pm by oldmomster »

HonestJohn

« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2016, 11:24:16 pm »
Today:  Obama Admin Gives Green Light for Iran to Build Two New Nuclear Plants

“Nothing in the behavior of the Iranian regime in the year since the JCPOA went into effect should give us any confidence that they will be confining their nuclear program to peaceful activities,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas) said to the Free Beacon, using the official acronym for the nuclear deal
. “Secretary Kerry seems to think that the mullahs are interested in curing cancer and civilian energy production, but their rapid progress in ballistic missile technology suggests they are far more determined to develop the nuclear weapons these projectiles are designed to deliver.”

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-admin-gives-green-light-iran-build-two-new-nuclear-plants/

'New questions emerge about Iran deal after missile test

Two days before the anniversary of the nuclear agreement between Iran and world powers, the Islamic Republic attempted to launch a new type of ballistic missile using North Korean technology, multiple intelligence officials tell Fox News.

The test, in violation of a UN resolution, failed shortly after liftoff when the missile exploded, sources said. The effort occurred on the evening of July 11-12 near the Iranian city of Saman, an hour west of Isfahan, where Iran has conducted similar ballistic missile tests in the past.'
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/15/exclusive-iran-conducts-4th-missile-test-since-signing-nuke-deal.html

Obama speech in Japan: 
NY Times.  In a striking example of the gap between Mr. Obama’s vision of a nuclear weapons-free world and the realities of purging them, a new Pentagon census of the American nuclear arsenal shows his administration has reduced the stockpile less than any other post-Cold War presidency.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/world/asia/obama-hiroshima-japan.html?_r=0

What was the point of that?  Nothing in it refutes my post.

Iranians building a two nuclear power plants does not equal the US transferring nuclear technology to Iran.
Iranians testing a ballistic missile does not mean they did not destroy their HEU stockpile.
Obama calling for a nuclear free world is not asking Japan to disarm.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:17:42 am by HonestJohn »

Silver Pines

« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2016, 12:08:25 am »
That's it, exactly.

I'm aware of the danger a Madame Rodham Presidency holds; and I can hold my nose and vote. Done it enough I'm getting pretty good at it.

But when the loud buffoon deliberately rejects my views, leaders I support, tosses slanders and accusations out and then has a tantrum that the victim of those slanders won't kiss his ring...I realize we're not JUST dealing with MERELY differences in political philosophy.

We're dealing with a disturbed narcissist who, consciously or not, is creating a Cult of Personality and is demanding absolute fealty and subjugation.

I WILL NOT GIVE IT.

There are plenty of things I have no control over.  If the mullahs in Iran launch nuclear war, I can't control it.  And if Monica's boyfriend's wife gets elected to the White House, I have no control over THAT, either.

I used what little control I had, in warning others about what a crudnik this Trump goofball was.  Didn't do much good.

I believe Trump is as corrupt and as evil as Hillary, and mentally unstable, as well.  I won't inflict either of them on my country.

I said evil, and I  meant it.  I can't forget the cruel way he mocked a disabled person.  And I can't forget the video clip in which he said he wouldn't do a thing to stop partial birth abortion.  It's delusion to believe that electing such a person could bring about any kind of good result.

As for the cult of personality, I always thought our side was immune to such a thing, but, well...this election season has been an eye-opener in more ways than one.  Just think back to the convention, and the chant of "Yes, you will...yes, you will...yes, you will."

Good grief, even the Obamabots said "we" instead of "you."  The Trump fans in that audience placed all the power in the hands of their leader.

@JustPassinThru

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2016, 12:26:24 am »
“We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability. . . . The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy.”

-Donald Trump, 2013-
[/size]

Who cares what Trump said THREE years ago?  Who cares what he said THREE days ago, or THREE hours ago?  The only thing that matters is what we believe he will do for America by making it great!

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2016, 01:06:29 am »
What was the point of that?  Nothing in it refutes my post.

Iranians building a two nuclear power plants does not equal the US transferring nuclear technology to Iran.
Iranians testing a ballastic missile does not mean they did not destroy their HEU stockpile.
Obama calling for a nuclear free world is not asking Japan to disarm.

Sorry, I had this link saved on my laptop:  from last year
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/24/ap-nuke-deal-requires-p51-to-supply-iran-with-state-of-the-art-nuclear-technology/
Today:
http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-considers-new-softened-nuclear-offer-to-iran/

HonestJohn

« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2016, 01:39:47 am »
Sorry, I had this link saved on my laptop:  from last year
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/24/ap-nuke-deal-requires-p51-to-supply-iran-with-state-of-the-art-nuclear-technology/
Today:
http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-considers-new-softened-nuclear-offer-to-iran/

1. That's from before the deal was finalized.

2. That article is stating that the west would offer new power reactors. As in sell Iran new power reactors.  Not give nuclear weapons technology or reactor technology to the Iranians.  Furthermore, as I know you'll ask what the difference is... just consider that we were going to build the North Koreans a state of the art light-water reactor if they shut down their ancient reactor. 

Why?

Because the latest technology light-water reactors cannot make the plutonium needed to build a nuclear bomb.

So... even if the west offered to sell Iran a nuclear reactor, it'd be a good thing, as it would replace a Soviet designed version.  Those being of a type that the Iranians *COULD* use to harvest nuclear material for bomb-making.

---

Last bit.

That article conflated two different issues.  Nuclear power reactors have been built in Iran in the past and had never been stopped.  From the Soviet designed reactors built prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union... to German built reactors in the 1990s and 2000s.  The newer reactors designed and built by the Germans cannot produce the nuclear material needed for nuclear weapons.

And no nation is offering to built nuclear weapons grade fissile material generating reactors for Iran.  (except, perhaps, North Korea)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:40:19 am by HonestJohn »

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2016, 01:45:16 am »
1. That's from before the deal was finalized.

2. That article is stating that the west would offer new power reactors. As in sell Iran new power reactors.  Not give nuclear weapons technology or reactor technology to the Iranians.  Furthermore, as I know you'll ask what the difference is... just consider that we were going to build the North Koreans a state of the art light-water reactor if they shut down their ancient reactor. 

Why?

Because the latest technology light-water reactors cannot make the plutonium needed to build a nuclear bomb.

So... even if the west offered to sell Iran a nuclear reactor, it'd be a good thing, as it would replace a Soviet designed version.  Those being of a type that the Iranians *COULD* use to harvest nuclear material for bomb-making.

---

Last bit.

That article conflated two different issues.  Nuclear power reactors have been built in Iran in the past and had never been stopped.  From the Soviet designed reactors built prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union... to German built reactors in the 1990s and 2000s.  The newer reactors designed and built by the Germans cannot produce the nuclear material needed for nuclear weapons.

And no nation is offering to built nuclear weapons grade fissile material generating reactors for Iran.  (except, perhaps, North Korea)

Wish I had as much faith in Iran NOT cheating.  As I understand it, US inspectors are not allowed in.

Offline oldmomster

HonestJohn

« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2016, 02:18:30 am »
Yes, iron-clad agreements, many promises and compromises.  But I lean towards views of Cruz and Israel, cause they think Iran will cheat too.

The biggest thing is the elimination of their HEU.  Once that's done, it would take years to recover it, even if they renege on everything else.

So if it holds for just that long, we still come out ahead.

If it holds out longer, then all the better.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2016, 02:24:19 am »
The biggest thing is the elimination of their HEU.  Once that's done, it would take years to recover it, even if they renege on everything else.

So if it holds for just that long, we still come out ahead.

If it holds out longer, then all the better.

I've certainly got my fingers crossed - prayers up too  :0001:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2016, 04:27:44 am »
Your country matters more than you do.

Well, now.

It used to be that people offering arguments like that would, at times, bring up Christ's distinction between Caesar and God.

And it also used to be that people hearing or reading that would remind those making such arguments, "Whatever happened
to making sure Caesar didn't make off with the whole pot?"

I thank God I live in a state that allows me the option to vote "None of These Candidates." A vote I intend to cast because
I do care for my country. Even if my country was stupid enough to see the house of America on fire and present
nothing better than a choice of arsonists to fight the blaze.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2016, 05:24:33 am »

As for the cult of personality, I always thought our side was immune to such a thing, but, well...this election season has been an eye-opener in more ways than one.  Just think back to the convention, and the chant of "Yes, you will...yes, you will...yes, you will."

Good grief, even the Obamabots said "we" instead of "you."  The Trump fans in that audience placed all the power in the hands of their leader.

They're frantic for a leader.  A SUPERMAN - not a dull administrator who'll point to the Constitution and say,  "Use it!"

The people no longer believe in the American system, in our Rule of Law; and they don't believe in themselves.  We're following the Democrats here - in 2008 they fell for the Chicago Jesus, who was going to descend from the heavens, or Soros' plane...halo and all...and told us "We (meaning he) was the one we (meaning you) were waiting for!"

We're following along.  Frankly, in the main, we're not so different from the Democrats as we'd like to think.  Cultural poisoning by the Left is affecting everyone.  Who among us, either side, has the courage to stand up and say what Al Sharptongue or Jesse Jag-off, is full of, and is spreading?  FEW. 

Paul Ryan is scared of his own shadow; and Johnny Boner before him.  Mitch McConjob is just a clown - but it's to our shame that the people of Kentucky don't vote him out and WE, the REST of the nation, don't demand HIS impeachment.

So we're messed up in the head just like the Useful Idiots over on the other side; and we're looking for our secular messiah like they were and still are.

We are in for it.  If there's a god, we're going to pay for this travesty.  If it's only Natural Law...we are now violating it.  Messiahs tend to turn out to be con-men; and this one isn't even running a very clever con.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2016, 08:28:09 am »
Not to mention that when we did have a guy who would stand up to the rest in the Senate, he ran for President and now is reviled by a significant proportion of those who supported the conman they nominated.

It's sick, but as a country, we'll get the government we deserve.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2016, 11:23:54 pm »
Though I voted for Cruz a number of times, he has no experience near what Governors like Perry or Walker, no significant achievements per having the responsibility of running and governing a state.

TomSea...you know, I just don't see any consistency at all out of you Trump supporters. You said that Cruz doesn't have the experience that Perry/Walker have, but then support Trump. Don't get me wrong; I like Perry and I like Cruz.

But you say that Cruz can't play because he doesn't have the level of experience of Perry/Walker, et al. Well, dammit! How does Trump play into that paradigm?

Say what you want, but you've decided Trump...and nothing anyone says or nothing Trump does will change that.

But, PLEEEAAASSEE don't try to talk to us about his credentials.

I really don't have any probs with folks voting for Trump, if that's how they're lead. But quit trying to convince the rest of us that his s**t don't stink. Quit defending every criticism of him, no matter how factual.

Just say you're gonna vote for him, no matter what.

m'kay?
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2016, 11:59:07 pm »
Wish I had as much faith in Iran NOT cheating.  As I understand it, US inspectors are not allowed in.

Under terms of the agreement...Iran has almost 30 days to hide their cheating before inspectors are allowed in.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2016, 12:50:27 am »
TomSea...you know, I just don't see any consistency at all out of you Trump supporters. You said that Cruz doesn't have the experience that Perry/Walker have, but then support Trump. Don't get me wrong; I like Perry and I like Cruz.

But you say that Cruz can't play because he doesn't have the level of experience of Perry/Walker, et al. Well, dammit! How does Trump play into that paradigm?

Say what you want, but you've decided Trump...and nothing anyone says or nothing Trump does will change that.

But, PLEEEAAASSEE don't try to talk to us about his credentials.

I really don't have any probs with folks voting for Trump, if that's how they're lead. But quit trying to convince the rest of us that his s**t don't stink. Quit defending every criticism of him, no matter how factual.

Just say you're gonna vote for him, no matter what.

m'kay?
goopo
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis