Author Topic: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers  (Read 19669 times)

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

Re: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2016, 01:23:30 am »
Once again, Trump gets the cult-deity treatment - he can do no evil.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2016, 04:42:45 am »
Believe that and I will get Chris Christie to tell you a bedtime story.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2016, 08:10:34 am »
It fits their master.

It is wearying, but whether they say it once or a million times, it won't make me vote for their boy (either).

I just never suspected so many people rode the short bus to school.   **nononono*

You know how you can tell the True Trump supporters on that short bus?  They are the ones with the protective helmets and the drool cups.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2016, 12:44:09 pm »

Top Tagline set for the next 4 years....

:beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2016, 12:46:57 pm »
Top Tagline set for the next 4 years....

:beer:

Its like the Kermit Meme.

Somebody should have warned you about Trump but what do I know.  :silly:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2016, 01:04:37 pm »
Its like the Kermit Meme.

Somebody should have warned you about Trump but what do I know.  :silly:

I deleted Tom's comment this morning I don't know how it got resurrected
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:00:21 pm by mystery-ak »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2016, 01:06:35 pm »
Tom Sea's disgusting post about NeverTrumpers being aligned with ISIS and Al Queda just disappeared.  I won't forget though.

There are a few posters I just skip without reading. Its workin for me so far.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2016, 01:21:58 pm »
Yep, that might be the  best thing.

2020 Now Do You See?

Over the next year, I hope Ted focuses on his public speaking skills. He needs to craft a message to a lower common denominator, one that resonates with the average American. IMHO, his message during the last campaign was heard loud and clear by those of us who pay attention to the world around us, while Trump captured the Twitter generation.

Apologies for repeating myself, but Reagan's message in 1980 was simple and direct, and it allowed me to win over my friends and neighbors in the German town I lived in. It took me a couple of months, but I was able to explain to them how his leadership and platform would strengthen America, and by extension, make the world a safer place.

Instead of getting down in the tar pits with Trump, Ted should have borrowed a line used so well by President Reagan: "there you go again."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2016, 02:34:15 pm »

@catfish1957
@TomSea

Interesting. 

As reality sets in, some Trump supporters will likely grow more desperate and will lash out with wild accusations.  But I suspect that reaction is because they're coming to the realization that they were, indeed, suckered by Trump.  Coming to terms with it is very difficult, especially after investing their hopes and dreams so thoroughly into one man.

I deleted Tom's comment this morning
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:57:57 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2016, 02:40:38 pm »

That's fascinating.

TomSea is a guy who came on here pretending to be fair minded (even a Cruz supporter, IIRC), and has gradually gotten more and more militant to the point of disgust.

Comparing us to ISIS is so far beyond rational that I truly wonder what's wrong mentally.......

I deleted Tom's comment this morning I don't know how it got resurrected
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:59:17 pm by mystery-ak »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2016, 03:34:22 pm »
That's fascinating.

TomSea is a guy who came on here pretending to be fair minded (even a Cruz supporter, IIRC), and has gradually gotten more and more militant to the point of disgust.

Comparing us to ISIS is so far beyond rational that I truly wonder what's wrong mentally.......
Yep, Cruz Derangement Syndrome is a sad thing to watch.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2016, 03:41:54 pm »

It truly is.

But why do so many of them claim they were Cruz supporters?  That part of it is weird to me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:42:50 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2016, 03:52:45 pm »
It truly is.

But why do so many of them claim they were Cruz supporters?  That part of it is weird to me.

For the same reason "Lifelong Conservatives" who suddenly support liberalism do it.

Its to set a narrative.

I know former Cruz supporters who have turned to Trump out of a lack of choice but they don't start every sentence with "I'm a former Cruz supporter but" and then launch into an attack full of falsehood and lies.

Offline chae

« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2016, 03:53:14 pm »
Because it sounds better to say "I was a Cruz supporter but I support Trump now because whatever"  rather than to say "I'm a kool-aid drinking member of the Trump cult and have been since he announced and if he started shooting people in the middle of the street, I'd be there cheering him on, and my freeper user name is harleylady".

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2016, 03:55:17 pm »
It truly is.

some of them probably were back when Cruz was the cool kid on the block. Not that Donny come lately is on the scene it's not longer the cool thing to do.

The rest of them probably think it gives them street cred.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2016, 03:57:13 pm »
some of them probably were back when Cruz was the cool kid on the block. Not that Donny come lately is on the scene it's not longer the cool thing to do.

The rest of them probably think it gives them street cred.

With so many people who "used to support Cruz but", I have to wonder how anyone else managed to get any votes.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2016, 03:58:51 pm »
For the same reason "Lifelong Conservatives" who suddenly support liberalism do it.

Its to set a narrative.

I know former Cruz supporters who have turned to Trump out of a lack of choice but they don't start every sentence with "I'm a former Cruz supporter but" and then launch into an attack full of falsehood and lies.

Exactly.  There is a sense of resignation in a real Cruz supporter's reluctant decision to vote for Trump.

That is a far cry from going onto websites and very quickly turning from a "reluctant" supporter to an all out assault on Cruz.

It's been mentioned before, but Cruz voters support a principle, not obeisance to a person.  Trump opposes the principle that Cruz supporters believe in with heart and soul.  So any real Cruz person votes for Trump with grief, believing that he is slightly better than Hillary (a belief I don't share).

When a person quickly becomes a Trump crusader beating other people up who don't agree, it's a sure thing that they're not genuine.

Wingnut

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2016, 04:00:38 pm »
A slow decent into madness.  It has afflicted many here.  Heart wrenching to watch unfold daily on these pages.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2016, 04:54:51 pm »
Exactly.  There is a sense of resignation in a real Cruz supporter's reluctant decision to vote for Trump.

That is a far cry from going onto websites and very quickly turning from a "reluctant" supporter to an all out assault on Cruz.

It's been mentioned before, but Cruz voters support a principle, not obeisance to a person.  Trump opposes the principle that Cruz supporters believe in with heart and soul.  So any real Cruz person votes for Trump with grief, believing that he is slightly better than Hillary (a belief I don't share).

When a person quickly becomes a Trump crusader beating other people up who don't agree, it's a sure thing that they're not genuine.
:amen:
Well said, couldn't agree more.
I voted for Cruz based on the principles and positions he has, not because he was "Ted Cruz".
He could have been anybody.
The constitution and limited government matter to me, and I will vote for the person who is closest in allegiance to those values, regardless of who that person may be.
It is not a cult of personality issue.
It is far more important than that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2016, 05:01:15 pm »
:amen:
Well said, couldn't agree more.
I voted for Cruz based on the principles and positions he has, not because he was "Ted Cruz".
He could have been anybody.
The constitution and limited government matter to me, and I will vote for the person who is closest in allegiance to those values, regardless of who that person may be.
It is not a cult of personality issue.
It is far more important than that.

Exactly.  There is no cult of personality with Cruz, only with Trump. 

I actually believe in a "cult of ideas."  If that's what I belong to, I'm OK with that!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2016, 05:54:54 pm »
@catfish1957
@TomSea

Interesting. 

As reality sets in, some Trump supporters will likely grow more desperate and will lash out with wild accusations.  But I suspect that reaction is because they're coming to the realization that they were, indeed, suckered by Trump.  Coming to terms with it is very difficult, especially after investing their hopes and dreams so thoroughly into one man.

Like y'all did with Cruz? There's no one unaffected by this race but, those who don't fight to keep Hillary out of office should be the most depressed.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2016, 06:13:17 pm »
There's no one unaffected by this race but, those who don't fight to keep Hillary out of office should be the most depressed.

Then you might want to have a talk with your prince and get him a scrip for some Prozac or Zoloft since he is not doing anything but ensuring that the Mao Pantsuit's coronation in January is seen as legitimate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2016, 06:17:45 pm »
Like y'all did with Cruz? There's no one unaffected by this race but, those who don't fight to keep Hillary out of office should be the most depressed.

There's no one fighting harder to put Hillary in office than Trump.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

geronl

« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2016, 06:20:52 pm »

Translation: We effed up the entire election by overestimating the appeal of Trump, and now we need you to bail our sorry, misjudging a**es out in November.

They went from vowing to destroy the GOP to joining the GOPE attacking those of us who leave it. They think they're consistent. lol