Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 27743 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #900 on: July 20, 2016, 02:51:11 pm »
This is a live convention thread, is it not?

Good. Here's some news: last night the votes were tallied and Donald J Trump secured more delegates than any Republican in history:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/trump-trumps-wins-historic-race-record-fashion/

...by cheating, coercion, lying, intimidation, and outright threats of physical violence against dissenting delegates.  Yeah, that's good news all right.

:3:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #901 on: July 20, 2016, 02:51:24 pm »
Here's the deal...Trump people stay off this thread!..never Trump people will reciprocate and stay off yours..

I would sure like to go to the hosp to see our new baby than try to mitigate this...Please
Go see that grandbaby!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #902 on: July 20, 2016, 02:53:17 pm »
I don't get posters bitching about what's said over HERE when they don't have to come over HERE. 

It's an OPEN thread; no deleted posts.  And we have a moderator:  me.

I really want to shut this thread down and have everyone post on the WEDNESDAY thread.  It's a new day and we all deserve a fresh start.

Sounds like you want it both ways.  Tell us what you want, @Sinkspur.   And we will honor it.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #903 on: July 20, 2016, 02:53:26 pm »
ab you need to stop lying!
i am so tired of faining martyerisim

this is how it is...
idiots, think trump is Done  oh my :laugh: :nono: :laugh: 888ohnoes 888ohnoes
Dude!  Chill out!  Why are you pissing off your members?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #904 on: July 20, 2016, 02:53:32 pm »
No, those are not the choices.  There are others running in the race, plus my vote is not coerced at the point of a gun.  By your logic, my not voting for Hillary is giving aid and comfort to Trump. 

You don't have to keep company with us, AC, at least for the next two days.  You have your own sandbox to play in and things have been swell with this arrangement.

Let AC come here. I have him on ignore anyway. :-D
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #905 on: July 20, 2016, 02:53:55 pm »
Here's the deal...Trump people stay off this thread!..never Trump people will reciprocate and stay off yours..

I would sure like to go to the hosp to see our new baby than try to mitigate this...Please

Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild.

Sorry this all came down at the same time...but, your suggestion is ridiculous. You won't be able to put a lid on this and successfully segregate your membership. We are bound to interact and there will be friction.

What's needed here is leadership. Are we to promote the Republican nominee or the Democrat? Which will it be? We put up with a full calendar year of insults to our persons. Last night that all ended - Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for president.

Leadership. That's what's needed here, Nancy. Leadership.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #906 on: July 20, 2016, 02:54:23 pm »
This is a live convention thread, is it not?

Good. Here's some news: last night the votes were tallied and Donald J Trump secured more delegates than any Republican in history:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/trump-trumps-wins-historic-race-record-fashion/

At the expense of party unity with the Alaska delegates.  Not how one recruits more Trump support.

Kasich and Cruz should have been placed into nomination- for unity. 
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #907 on: July 20, 2016, 02:54:54 pm »
Sounds like you want it both ways.  Tell us what you want, @sinkspur.   And we will honor it.

I want all Trump people off....sorry to say that but it is best for the forum...please
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #908 on: July 20, 2016, 02:55:19 pm »
Supporting Donald Trump in most people's world does not constitute bad behavior.

I support the Republican nominee for president.

Hurrah for you!

Let's see how that works out for you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WAC

« Reply #909 on: July 20, 2016, 02:57:07 pm »
Once, just ONCE I would like to see a Trump supporter admit that the current toxic environment within the party was kicked off when their candidate decided, for the first time in my memory anyway, to employ schoolyard insults & underhanded tabloid tactics as a campaign strategy.

That's just nonsense......the GOPe began this in the halls of Washington.......have you not been paying attention to what they said and did with Cruz and his team when he went up against them?.......The Party has been at war, and brutally nasty, long before Trump even entered the race.....but Cruz had to retain his position by being far more diplomatic in his approach.....calling them the "Washington Cartel" was about as strong as he could go and that did speak volumes to those who were aware of the fights and tactics against Cruz.

Trump on the other hand had nothing to loose by calling them all out who stood in his way.....no doubt playing hard ball because he was set to expose them all come what may.....and frankly everybody loved what he was doing when he first hit the race......few took his Presidential run seriously so they were all enjoying "the ride" of this exposure......until he went after those who stood in the way of his win.

Anyone who thinks Washington is all about statesmanship and cushy political responses is blind to the reality of what goes on behind those doors......

The eye injury and 'several others'....Reid said was the result when an exercise band snapped and “catapulted” him into cabinets ......

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #910 on: July 20, 2016, 02:57:36 pm »

Won't fix a thing but have it your way if you must!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #911 on: July 20, 2016, 02:58:18 pm »
I applaud Repub4TrumpPence's posts.

What have the anti-Trumpers posted, about prostitutes? Trying to shoe-horn comparisons to the Fuhrer?  Talking about toilet paper?

Really great for that 300 more posts.  And lot of behavior that does not seem very Christian as well.

I too, applaud @Repub4TrumpPence for her posts!  It is beyond frustrating to try to move forward in this crucial election while a bunch of childish NeverThings post lies, insults and anything negative they can find on the Internet about Trump, his family and his supporters. 

Do they not think that their little spiels are not fodder for Hillary's campaign?  Do they not think that they are helping HER? 

I'll tell you what I think - they don't care!  Many of them brag that they stayed home rather than vote for Romney - despite the consequences of that - and now, ironically, they are siding with Romney and his ilk.  People like that are nothing but bumps in the road.

I don't give a hooey about your third party candidates and you core principles that allow you to ride off in the sunset on a high and mighty white horse - walk away from the fight and blame the loss of the battle of those who stayed and fought with every weapon they could muster.  Anyone who walks away from this fight is a sniveling coward!

The toilet paper jokes, the Melania jokes, the orange jokes, the Hitler/Nazi references, the lies that we are going to KILL you (for God's sake!!!)......you are correct TomSea - not Christian at all.  You people make me physically ill.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #912 on: July 20, 2016, 02:59:30 pm »
That's just nonsense......the GOPe began this in the halls of Washington.......have you not been paying attention to what they said and did with Cruz and his team when he went up against them?.......The Party has been at war, and brutally nasty, long before Trump even entered the race.....but Cruz had to retain his position by being far more diplomatic in his approach.....calling them the "Washington Cartel" was about as strong as he could go and that did speak volumes to those who were aware of the fights and tactics against Cruz.

Trump on the other hand had nothing to loose by calling them all out who stood in his way.....no doubt playing hard ball because he was set to expose them all come what may.....and frankly everybody loved what he was doing when he first hit the race......few took his Presidential run seriously so they were all enjoying "the ride" of this exposure......until he went after those who stood in the way of his win.

Anyone who thinks Washington is all about statesmanship and cushy political responses is blind to the reality of what goes on behind those doors......

The eye injury and 'several others'....Reid said was the result when an exercise band snapped and “catapulted” him into cabinets ......

Trump is a charter member of the Clintoon/Soros Crime syndicate. He was talked intod doing this by his bud Bill Clintoon! They are LTFAO at you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #913 on: July 20, 2016, 02:59:42 pm »

No, you Trumpists demand a dictatorship, just like everywhere else you post.

:castro:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline bilo

« Reply #914 on: July 20, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »
Trump is both a cause and a symptom.

I do not believe anyone can claim in all honesty that there has been a presidential candidate as crude and overtly abusive as he in their lifetime.

Anyway, no big deal. Just an observation.

I agree.

The 11th commandment was thrown out with a lot of gusto.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline aligncare

« Reply #915 on: July 20, 2016, 03:00:44 pm »
He also had the most delegates vote against him:  721.

A trivial and meaningless factoid.

17 candidates. I'm sure you understand what that means...well maybe not so sure. After all, you #NeverTrumps are expert at avoiding reality...until last night.

Donald J Trump is the Republican nominee for president.  Just wanted to mention that, just in case that fact hadn't filtered through that fog of denial surrounding you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #916 on: July 20, 2016, 03:01:17 pm »
I too, applaud @Repub4TrumpPence for her posts!  It is beyond frustrating to try to move forward in this crucial election while a bunch of childish NeverThings post lies, insults and anything negative they can find on the Internet about Trump, his family and his supporters. 

Do they not think that their little spiels are not fodder for Hillary's campaign?  Do they not think that they are helping HER? 

I'll tell you what I think - they don't care!  Many of them brag that they stayed home rather than vote for Romney - despite the consequences of that - and now, ironically, they are siding with Romney and his ilk.  People like that are nothing but bumps in the road.

I don't give a hooey about your third party candidates and you core principles that allow you to ride off in the sunset on a high and mighty white horse - walk away from the fight and blame the loss of the battle of those who stayed and fought with every weapon they could muster.  Anyone who walks away from this fight is a sniveling coward!

The toilet paper jokes, the Melania jokes, the orange jokes, the Hitler/Nazi references, the lies that we are going to KILL you (for God's sake!!!)......you are correct TomSea - not Christian at all.  You people make me physically ill.

There is no help for the wilfully blind!  Let's see how that works out for you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Resp3

« Reply #917 on: July 20, 2016, 03:03:57 pm »

How right you are. And if Nancy was a leader and not so involved with her new grandchild - she would boot your butt off this forum and off this site.

She has asked nicely for you to stay away. And you insult her.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #918 on: July 20, 2016, 03:07:27 pm »
I want all Trump people off....sorry to say that but it is best for the forum...please

With all due respect the only way that is going to happen is to delete their posts, sadly they simply do not respect you or the forum enough to comply with your wishes.

BTW Congratulations, go see that newborn, who is no doubt more mature than some of those here....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #919 on: July 20, 2016, 03:09:03 pm »

Your speaking truth makes you look taller and slender. Did you know that about yourself?  :beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #920 on: July 20, 2016, 03:10:46 pm »

Great... gasoline on the fire.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #921 on: July 20, 2016, 03:11:44 pm »
Topic locked