Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 27949 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #825 on: July 20, 2016, 01:46:12 pm »
ALL:

I'm going to start the OPEN CONVENTION WEDNESDAY thread.    This thread will stay open until I can get it closed, but let's put any new stuff over on the Wednesday thread.

I have to confess, I have no idea what just happened here.  Let's just go on about our business.

Thank you, sink.

I came back this morning to find out what was going on with the convention, and came back to Trump-instigated garbage.

Thanks for staying calm everyone, while under attack.

Good job!

Look forward to seeing Wednesday's thread.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

Re: ALTERNATIVE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #826 on: July 20, 2016, 01:48:13 pm »
Apparently I have been blocked from posting on the other thread!

Hows that for fairness?

Trumpbots and the GOP and like a hand in a very tight fitting glove.  They don't like conservative viewpoints.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #827 on: July 20, 2016, 01:48:35 pm »
Come on everybody...please calm down...

my granddaughter born yesterday 5:45pm

Etta Caroline  7lbs 11oz......

Congrats to all!   I'll bet she's beautiful!   :laugh:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #828 on: July 20, 2016, 01:49:35 pm »
I don't think so.  Probably we should just ignore that meltdown.

Good call.

Proceed as though it never happened.........

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #829 on: July 20, 2016, 01:51:53 pm »
Maybe it's because we had 300 more posts than the "LIVE" thread. Or that most of the posters are over here.

Whoopie. If the internet is an excuse to freely slander someone; that is not as great of an accomplishment as one could boast it to be. And I think a lot of those posts probably are mean-spirited not contributing to debate.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #830 on: July 20, 2016, 01:52:51 pm »
Like they were able to in 2016 ... after 8 years of Obama?  It is time to get real.  It is time to face reality.  Too few voters wanted Cruz and even less wanted Kasich and that fact won't change after 12 years of Obama.

There will be even less of a bulwark, Toomey included, against a President Clinton than there was against President Obama.  If there is any part of you that wants to stop the Obama years, 2016 is your best and last chance; and their names are Trump/Pence.

:thumbsup:

...though I doubt he'll take your advice. He seems pretty well set. Even to the point of saying he would vote for Hillary Clinton. I won't keep company with people like that. You know the kind. People so wrongheaded, it gives you a headache.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #831 on: July 20, 2016, 01:53:38 pm »

Dear Lord,
Protect this child
from all harm
Hold her in your care
Fill her heart
with faith and love
Hear her every prayer
Teach her wisdom
Give her strength
Guide her on her way
Bless this child
And help her grow
In your loving grace!

--Tammy Fox

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:14:10 pm by Eowyn »

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #832 on: July 20, 2016, 01:54:39 pm »
Good call.

Really? Because it did. And it's indicative of the way Trumpettes view and deal with dissent.

Let's be honest: if that mod had full control over the forum, I'm betting there would be purges happening right now, just like at TOS.

Dark days ahead folks, especially when the fool they nominated gets beaten. That's when the knives for us - the ones who saw it coming - REALLY come out.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #833 on: July 20, 2016, 01:54:48 pm »
I M so glad you guys were as respectful to us,as we were to you!

Sadly that is a huge lie!

It is so amazing that you guys have the mental capacity to even post on the forum!

Get a life!
THE WORLD IS GOING ON,WITHOUT YOUR DELUSIONAL BULLSHIT!
you can stay on the site, but you will look like the fools,that you are!
i own half,of this site,and let me tell you, if you don't get trump,your best place would be at DU with skinner and crew!!!!!
My life depends on Trump winning!
You are a bunch of whining babies!!!!

Please go get a life!

TRUMP IS THE ONE SO GO TO,YOUR DEM HANDLERS AND GETMTHE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!

WE ARE SO,HAPPY! PEOPLE HAVE no idea what,is going on!!!!
i hate your anger, but you fuckon,deserve it

Trump is it!!

Thank you for coming out of the closet finally Mrs. Robinson!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #834 on: July 20, 2016, 01:55:43 pm »
Good call.

It's hard to do that when the person who melted down is one of the site owners who sets and enforces the rules and controls access to the forum and all the threads
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline skeeter

« Reply #835 on: July 20, 2016, 01:59:36 pm »
Wrong. It became that the day we threw open the gates to JimRob's rejects.

Cool. Always appreciate your cogent contributions.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #836 on: July 20, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »
I have talked to Tracy...she has agreed to stay off this thread.

Too late, the damage is done.

:nometalk:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #837 on: July 20, 2016, 02:00:56 pm »
Trumpbots and the GOP and like a hand in a very tight fitting glove.  They don't like conservative viewpoints.

Oh, yeah, but Cruz did not mind hob-nobbing with Trump as well. So, I guess, let's throw Cruz into these generalizations as well.

I listen to Rush Limbaugh, I've heard what Cruz has to say for 20 years before we knew who Ted Cruz is.

A good example of the kinds of posts I am speaking of.

From the tactics of some, if they are making Cruz out to be the authentic conservative, that should be taken to task seeing how the two were pallng around for months just to now be saying others aren't conservatives. But I guess the Cruz-bots don't see that conveniently.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #838 on: July 20, 2016, 02:02:10 pm »

Yep, keep it coming, huckleberry!

blij26

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #839 on: July 20, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »

Congratulations Nancy!  I am in envy!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #840 on: July 20, 2016, 02:03:53 pm »
You can't fight in here. This is the War Room :smokin:

I appreciated your Caddyshack quote. :)

Things have devolved a bit on this thread, huh?  Wow.

Offline Resp3

« Reply #841 on: July 20, 2016, 02:04:22 pm »

"Meet the new boss... same as the old boss..."

In a way - It's kind of refreshing to see this place is not so different than TOS. It feels like home here.

Offline WAC

« Reply #842 on: July 20, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »
.....  Probably we should just ignore that meltdown.

Well...I can say that on the 'other' site when they piled on my candidate, making it personal and hammering away, there's a thresh hold to tolerating that.... especially when it becomes a ganged up response and the thread is flooded with insults ....The choices are only to either leave the threads or strike back.

People don't get dressed in the morning with a shirt that reads "walk all over me".......rather they often show a great deal of tolerance....but as mentioned that has limits. ......and the response is NOT a meltdown......it's the line has been crossed and time to call it as it is because it needs the saying of, and that usually doesn't happen until all the warnings to back off have been ignored.

Several  who oppose Trump here are of the same cut as those who opposed Cruz there.....no different then the crowd at FR........and the threads are beginning to look like them....you can see the slow buildup and then it just takes off. That same "climate change" is happening here.....

IMO every Freeper who came here was an invited guest, and most were looking for some sanity in this election race, others were looking for a place to keep venting their frustrations ....Frankly doing so generally leads those to face the reality of this race and determine what they are going to do about that. ....This site certainly offered me the opportunity to air and work through the concerns I had to arrive at the conclusion I have chosen.... and for that I'm grateful.....Some will continue to take their stand otherwise, but they should not be throwing fire at those who do not agree with their.."critical thinking" when it's anything but that.

If you own property and your invited guests begin to trash that property you have every right to defend it.....and that's just the way it is and certainly understood should be so......

@R4 TrumPence

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #843 on: July 20, 2016, 02:05:29 pm »
My account is still open there. I wasn't kicked out. you seem to have the rejection thingy all bassackwards.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #844 on: July 20, 2016, 02:06:27 pm »
Oh, yeah, but Cruz did not mind hob-nobbing with Trump as well. So, I guess, let's throw Cruz into these generalizations as well.

I listen to Rush Limbaugh, I've heard what Cruz has to say for 20 years before we knew who Ted Cruz is.

From the tactics of some, if they are making Cruz out to be the authentic conservative, that should be taken to task seeing how the two were pallng around for months just to now be saying others aren't conservatives. But I guess the Cruz-bots don't see that conveniently.

Honestly, I really don't understand the [point your making with the constant reference to earlier in the campaign when Trump and Cruz appeared to be getting along.

How does that reflect on Cruz's demonstrated conservatism, as a Harvard law student, as Texas solicitor general, as senator? I don't get it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #845 on: July 20, 2016, 02:06:52 pm »

Congrats on your sweet little blessing.  :)

Offline aligncare

« Reply #846 on: July 20, 2016, 02:07:20 pm »
Cool. Always appreciate your cogent contributions.

That's always my perspective, cogent.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #847 on: July 20, 2016, 02:07:38 pm »
I'm catching up again...

Did some 12 year old steal this person's account and start posting vague and incoherent hate-grams?

Naw! Tracy and RIV just over did the celebration last night! They are both DRUNK!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WAC

« Reply #848 on: July 20, 2016, 02:08:51 pm »

BTW....that Rally Cruz 'INVITED' Trump to be a part of......

Offline skeeter

« Reply #849 on: July 20, 2016, 02:09:26 pm »
That's always my perspective, cogent.

It was sarcasm.

BTW I left FR voluntarily.