Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 28083 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #800 on: July 20, 2016, 01:16:18 pm »
What profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his soul?

Frankly, I think Cruz will keep it classy, but after the sheer volume of egregious dung flung at him through the campaign from the Trump camp, I'd be disappointed if he in any way directly says to vote for him.

If he announced he was changing party affiliations to a third party and told Trump to Kiss his ass (unlikely, because Cruz is too classy for that) I'd send him a donation every paycheck for his presidential run in 2020.

I have finally figured out why Trump supporters tend to be shrill. Y'all are scared, and rightfully so. You're all in at the tables with a bad hand against one of the best players in the game. She's a shark, and all you have is blustering little fingers to fight back with, and she will call his bluff every time.

Clearly they are worried Cruz will remain in the public eye a distinct conservative contrast to a moderate/liberal Trump administration.

They will then never live it down.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #801 on: July 20, 2016, 01:18:48 pm »
Like they were able to in 2016 ... after 8 years of Obama?  It is time to get real.  It is time to face reality.  Too few voters wanted Cruz and even less wanted Kasich and that fact won't change after 12 years of Obama.

There will be even less of a bulwark, Toomey included, against a President Clinton than there was against President Obama.  If there is any part of you that wants to stop the Obama years, 2016 is your best and last chance; and their names are Trump/Pence.

RIV, I've been trying to stop the Obama/Clinton train all along.   But not with something even worse.   No, for me, this year is all about supporting Toomey and the down-ticket Republicans.  It will have to do until 2020.   I'm depressed as hell about that.  But that's reality - Trump's danger is existential,  Clinton's is not.   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:20:30 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #802 on: July 20, 2016, 01:18:59 pm »
ALL:

I'm going to start the OPEN CONVENTION WEDNESDAY thread.    This thread will stay open until I can get it closed, but let's put any new stuff over on the Wednesday thread.

I have to confess, I have no idea what just happened here.  Let's just go on about our business. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #803 on: July 20, 2016, 01:19:23 pm »
You got nothing to respond with so you dismiss the post.

What the Hell happened to you?

What the hell happened to us is that you've had a year to tell us why he can't/won't win.

We've withstood your argument(s) and, well....here we are.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #804 on: July 20, 2016, 01:22:00 pm »
Cruz has no chance of getting a nomination in the liberal GOP.

Sadly I think you're right.  Looks like the most extreme liberal candidate did get the nomination.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #805 on: July 20, 2016, 01:22:21 pm »
ALL:

I'm going to start the OPEN CONVENTION WEDNESDAY thread.    This thread will stay open until I can get it closed, but let's put any new stuff over on the Wednesday thread.

I have to confess, I have no idea what just happened here.  Let's just go on about our business.

The Trump-half of the site ownership just had a complete meltdown on your OPEN thread, followed by a Trumpist invasion, because he or she did not like what was being said about Trump and all the incompetence and corrupt shenanigans going on in Cleveland this week.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline WAC

« Reply #806 on: July 20, 2016, 01:24:20 pm »
Let me repeat this here.
I call for an end to the gloating, infighting and to the dissension.

Time to get serious about defeating the real enemy... HRC

What say you?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #807 on: July 20, 2016, 01:28:19 pm »
Clearly they are worried Cruz will remain in the public eye a distinct conservative contrast to a moderate/liberal Trump administration.

They will then never live it down.

You are right.  The Trump camp and believers are very worried about Cruz not endorsing and holding Trump to conservative positions.

I hope Trump trends conservative ( The Wall , National Security, Vetting of Immigrants) while I vote for Trump this fall.

:pondering:
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #808 on: July 20, 2016, 01:31:14 pm »
The Trump-half of the site ownership just had a complete meltdown on your OPEN thread, followed by a Trumpist invasion, because he or she did not like what was being said about Trump and all the incompetence and corrupt shenanigans going on in Cleveland this week.

Well, I was trying to be diplomatic.  The thing is, SHE is the one who wanted two threads.  I never expected this thing to be anything official; just a lame little thread maintained by me as a place for me and a few others to comment on the Convention.

But R4 TrumpPence said we should have two threads.  And everything was fine until just now. Maybe it's because we had 300 more posts than the "LIVE" thread. Or that most of the posters are over here.

There seems to be an attitude that, just like the GOP Convention, there will be no dissension, no disagreement, no expression of opinion contrary to Trumpism.

And, just like in Cleveland, you see the result.   It is the Trump people who are lashing out, not those of us who are engaging in free speech and discussion.

I expect no changes.  If there are, you can bet I'll be the first dog to bare my teeth and raise hell.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #809 on: July 20, 2016, 01:31:15 pm »
Come on everybody...please calm down...

my granddaughter born yesterday 5:45pm

Etta Caroline  7lbs 11oz......
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #810 on: July 20, 2016, 01:31:51 pm »

Cruz hobnobbed with Trump before the two had to square off with each other.  Many supporters were for Trump before they were against him.

If I listen to Rush Limbaugh, pretty much I'm listening to the same thing that Cruz says.

Perry, Walker, now those two were real choices; others deserve consideration too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #811 on: July 20, 2016, 01:32:34 pm »

Congratulations. Maybe I had not seen you online as much in the past 24.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #812 on: July 20, 2016, 01:36:24 pm »
Well, I was trying to be diplomatic.  The thing is, SHE is the one who wanted two threads.  I never expected this thing to be anything official; just a lame little thread maintained by me as a place for me and a few others to comment on the Convention.

But R4 TrumpPence said we should have two threads.  And everything was fine until just now. Maybe it's because we had 300 more posts than the "LIVE" thread. Or that most of the posters are over here.

There seems to be an attitude that, just like the GOP Convention, there will be no dissension, no disagreement, no expression of opinion contrary to Trumpism.

And, just like in Cleveland, you see the result.   It is the Trump people who are lashing out, not those of us who are engaging in free speech and discussion.

I expect no changes.  If there are, you can bet I'll be the first dog to bare my teeth and raise hell.

I have talked to Tracy...she has agreed to stay off this thread....but please be respectful to TBR and it's owners..I have read some nasty comments from both sides....I hope we can get past this...there will be two convention threads.....PLEASE!

Nancy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #813 on: July 20, 2016, 01:36:39 pm »
ALL:

S#it happens.

It's over.

Let's move on.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline TomSea

« Reply #814 on: July 20, 2016, 01:37:05 pm »
I'd be absolutely forgiving if one got a little angry.

Anti-Trumpsters, not all of course, maybe not even half of them but some have seen this as open season to throw insults at anyone who disagrees with them.  People like Sink and others seem to be civil, so I am by no means saying everyone.

Those few who have not been civil in discourse and often, like yesterday, seem to pull out conclusions out of thin air.

It poisons the well.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #815 on: July 20, 2016, 01:37:13 pm »

@mystery-ak CONGRATS!! 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #816 on: July 20, 2016, 01:37:27 pm »

Congrats!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Silver Pines

« Reply #817 on: July 20, 2016, 01:39:01 pm »

@mystery-ak

Congratulations!!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #818 on: July 20, 2016, 01:39:45 pm »
People like Sink and others seem to be civil,

I'm going to frame that.   Never thought I'd EVER see it!  LOL!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:51:25 pm by sinkspur »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #819 on: July 20, 2016, 01:40:30 pm »

Congratulations!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #820 on: July 20, 2016, 01:41:19 pm »
oh my god!!!

someone is hurt...
hang on let me cry!!!!

you guys are the nastiest people,i have seen!!!
You have no idea about trump..
just those stupid articless that are false!!!!

i am so mad,letme tell you,
Donald trump is  not the ogor,you,low info voters think,he is!??????

but you go ahead and look stupid,right ahead and look as stupid asmthe deocratsmwantmtou to look...
Do not come to us... as they say...youmake you bed you lie in it !!!!!

I'm catching up again...

Did some 12 year old steal this person's account and start posting vague and incoherent hate-grams?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #821 on: July 20, 2016, 01:41:29 pm »
Maybe it's because we had 300 more posts than the "LIVE" thread. Or that most of the posters are over here.

Guilty as charged.  Congrats, Sink you did well here. As a Trump realist, have only been able to post here and am ok with that.

The NeverTrump have are not always happy with the Trump Realist position, but at least I can post here.  Hopefully, we all can have a venue on the site to post.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #822 on: July 20, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »
I walked away without being asked :patriot:

Same here. I had visions of a nice opus and then thought, "Naw. I'm not that bitter. I'll just fade away into the night and find a new home."
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #823 on: July 20, 2016, 01:43:55 pm »
Wow Trumpdolt in complete meltdown mode.  Wow!  This is actually quite funny and entertaining to watch.  Trumpbots can dish it out but not take it so they resort to bans so they can listen to the echo chamber.

But... but... but... I thought we #NeverTrumps weren't relevant? Why all the fuss for an irrelevant group of voters who won't sway the outcome one bit...?
1. Trump is never wrong.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #824 on: July 20, 2016, 01:45:29 pm »

Oh, cool! I pray she is happy and healthy (and mom is, too!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis