Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 27950 times)

Offline bolobaby

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #850 on: July 20, 2016, 02:10:27 pm »
My account is still open there. I wasn't kicked out. you seem to have the rejection thingy all bassackwards.

Yep. I suffered a week's suspension for simply saying, "I will never vote for Trump," but my account is still open. I could still go post over there if I wanted.

I walked away from them because it was a pit of insanity.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

« Reply #851 on: July 20, 2016, 02:12:00 pm »
Come on everybody...please calm down...

my granddaughter born yesterday 5:45pm

Etta Caroline  7lbs 11oz......

Taking for granted that baby Etta and her mother are healthy and thriving and the congratulations and such,  can we cut to the really really important stuff...

Is she a #Nevertrump  or not!

:0001: :0001:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #852 on: July 20, 2016, 02:13:43 pm »
I hope truth starts sinking in sooner rather than later.

Support Donald Trump or give aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton. Those are the choices. If your choice is to give aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton, don't bother conversing with me. I'm not interested in keeping company with you. That's the reason I always avoid places like democratic underground or daily Kos or whatever those leftist sites are.

Those may be YOUR choices but they sure as hell aren't mine!

See ya!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #853 on: July 20, 2016, 02:13:52 pm »
I voted for Rubio and Cruzers or Trumpers didn't really have the same respect for Rubio either.

Gee you'd almost think that online conservatism breeds a malevolent nastiness. Too many geriatric seniors with too little to do other than post online in an echo chamber where your views are never challenged and anyone who doesn't agree with you is a liberal.

To be honest, I see this stuff in liberal forums like DU and such, but not as bad.

I think the whole phenomenon dates back to people like Douche Limblob, the drug addict phoney, who sell the notion that anyone who doesn't agree with you 100% is a liberal.

So please, conservatives, stop being stupid. Us smarties will appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:14:19 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline flowers

« Reply #854 on: July 20, 2016, 02:14:30 pm »
Naw! Tracy and RIV just over did the celebration last night! They are both DRUNK!
Hows things bigun?  I mean really how are you today?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #855 on: July 20, 2016, 02:15:06 pm »
I'm not interested in keeping company with you. That's the reason I always avoid places like democratic underground or daily Kos or whatever those leftist sites are.

So that's why you're here on this open thread, right?

:whistle:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: ALTERNATIVE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #856 on: July 20, 2016, 02:16:03 pm »
Honestly, I really don't understand the [point your making with the constant reference to earlier in the campaign when Trump and Cruz appeared to be getting along.

How does that reflect on Cruz's demonstrated conservatism, as a Harvard law student, as Texas solicitor general, as senator? I don't get it.

A lot of the current Trump haters seem to be Cruz supporters.

So, if he, Cruz, is being presented as purer than the driven snow conservative-wise at the cost of trashing Trump; there should be balance and it should be called as phony a persona as what they say about Trump.

And I'll stick by this, all kinds of anti-Trumpers have made nasty remarks, personal attacks;

Gee, does one think one might think of party unity without being branded a Trump supporter?

Detractors have made their bed and they can sleep in it.

Wingnut

« Reply #857 on: July 20, 2016, 02:16:47 pm »
I hope truth starts sinking in sooner rather than later.

Support Donald Trump or give aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton. Those are the choices. If your choice is to give aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton, don't bother conversing with me. I'm not interested in keeping company with you. That's the reason I always avoid places like democratic underground or daily Kos or whatever those leftist sites are.

I haven't seen you this plum crazy since your wife went to the Ford dealership to see a Taurus and the salesman tried to show her his Probe.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #858 on: July 20, 2016, 02:17:03 pm »
I'm probably going to hell for this, but if Reagan was at this year's convention.

Melania Trump:  Speaks five languages, businesswoman/entrepreneur, mother, friend, wife and next FLOTUS:

Offline WAC

« Reply #859 on: July 20, 2016, 02:17:22 pm »
Thank you for coming out of the closet finally Mrs. Robinson!

Wrong...not even remotely close.....nor in the same class.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #860 on: July 20, 2016, 02:17:46 pm »
Hows things bigun?  I mean really how are you today?

I'm just fine and more #nevertrump than ever!

How about yourself?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #861 on: July 20, 2016, 02:18:07 pm »

...though I doubt he'll take your advice. He seems pretty well set. Even to the point of saying he would vote for Hillary Clinton. I won't keep company with people like that. You know the kind. People so wrongheaded, it gives you a headache.

I am fully aware of the consequences of my actions, AC.   I've concluded that Trump is more of a threat to the safety of this nation than Clinton, so I cannot vote for him against Clinton.  That doesn't necessarily mean I'll vote for Clinton (which would be truly depressing),  but that I would rather see Clinton as President than Trump.  (And, quite obviously,  I think both choices are lousy.)   

If you're ever down my way,  I'll break open a bottle of my best bourbon if you'd like to chew the fat.   I'm sorry you won't keep company with folks like me,  but I don't feel the same about you.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #862 on: July 20, 2016, 02:18:20 pm »
Wrong...not even remotely close.....nor in the same class.

Couldn't prove that by me!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #863 on: July 20, 2016, 02:19:08 pm »
I voted for Rubio and Cruzers or Trumpers didn't really have the same respect for Rubio either.

Gee you'd almost think that online conservatism breeds a malevolent nastiness. Too many geriatric seniors with too little to do other than post online in an echo chamber where your views are never challenged and anyone who doesn't agree with you is a liberal.

To be honest, I see this stuff in liberal forums like DU and such, but not as bad.

I think the whole phenomenon dates back to people like Douche Limblob, the drug addict phoney, who sell the notion that anyone who doesn't agree with you 100% is a liberal.

So please, conservatives, stop being stupid. Us smarties will appreciate it.

I like Marco Rubio. I never maligned him. I think he's a rising star - as soon as he gets his act together.

Offline skeeter

Re: ALTERNATIVE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #864 on: July 20, 2016, 02:19:23 pm »
A lot of the current Trump haters seem to be Cruz supporters.

So, if he, Cruz, is being presented as purer than the driven snow conservative-wise at the cost of trashing Trump; there should be balance and it should be called as phony a persona as what they say about Trump.

And I'll stick by this, all kinds of anti-Trumpers have made nasty remarks, personal attacks;

Gee, does one think one might think of party unity without being branded a Trump supporter?

Detractors have made their bed and they can sleep in it.

Fine.

But I still don't get it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #865 on: July 20, 2016, 02:22:43 pm »
I applaud Repub4TrumpPence's posts.

What have the anti-Trumpers posted, about prostitutes? Trying to shoe-horn comparisons to the Fuhrer?  Talking about toilet paper?

Really great for that 300 more posts.  And lot of behavior that does not seem very Christian as well.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #866 on: July 20, 2016, 02:23:04 pm »
Melania Trump:  Speaks five languages, businesswoman/entrepreneur, mother, friend, wife and next FLOTUS:

She's also a wonderful plagiarist and a liar.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline flowers

« Reply #867 on: July 20, 2016, 02:23:42 pm »
I'm just fine and more #nevertrump than ever!

How about yourself?
Doing well. I thought you would be more #nevertrump. You take care, see ya around.  :seeya:

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #868 on: July 20, 2016, 02:24:24 pm »

Well, bully for you!

:cheerlead:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #869 on: July 20, 2016, 02:25:04 pm »

What have the anti-Trumpers posted, about prostitutes? Trying to shoe-horn comparisons to the Fuhrer?  Talking about toilet paper?

Really great for that 300 more posts.  And lot of behavior that does not seem very Christian as well.

So noted! You are entitled to you opinions!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #870 on: July 20, 2016, 02:25:16 pm »
Obviously, if one screams Trump is not a conservative or whatever catch slogan is used, there really isn't room to make their own choice who was rolling with Trump as some great conservative saint. If Cruz had been that great conservative saint, he would not have allowed all of the mutually beneficial relationship to grow.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #871 on: July 20, 2016, 02:25:34 pm »

They're blinded by hatred for Donald Trump; they can't see their own bad behavior.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #872 on: July 20, 2016, 02:25:40 pm »
For anyone to compare this place to FR is ridiculous and asinine, it ain't even close. Who cares if you got a thread where they don't want people crapping all over their preferred candidate? You have your own "space" where you can be as negative as you want.

And I can't stand Trump.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #873 on: July 20, 2016, 02:26:45 pm »
They're blinded by hatred for Donald Trump; they can't see their own bad behavior.

I can sure as hell see yours!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #874 on: July 20, 2016, 02:29:42 pm »
For anyone to compare this place to FR is ridiculous and asinine, it ain't even close. Who cares if you got a thread where they don't want people crapping all over their preferred candidate? You have your own "space" where you can be as negative as you want.

And I can't stand Trump.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,201676.0.html
 :beer: