Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 27977 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #875 on: July 20, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »
my granddaughter born yesterday 5:45pm

Etta Caroline  7lbs 11oz......

Offline aligncare

« Reply #876 on: July 20, 2016, 02:30:59 pm »
For anyone to compare this place to FR is ridiculous and asinine, it ain't even close. Who cares if you got a thread where they don't want people crapping all over their preferred candidate? You have your own "space" where you can be as negative as you want.

And I can't stand Trump.

You're making sense. It could be genetic. Or, maybe you're immune to TDS? Whatever the reason, it's always nice to see a little common sense being spoken.  :beer:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #877 on: July 20, 2016, 02:32:33 pm »
I applaud Repub4TrumpPence's posts.

What have the anti-Trumpers posted, about prostitutes? Trying to shoe-horn comparisons to the Fuhrer?  Talking about toilet paper?

Really great for that 300 more posts.  And lot of behavior that does not seem very Christian as well.

Once, just ONCE I would like to see a Trump supporter admit that the current toxic environment within the party was kicked off when their candidate decided, for the first time in my memory anyway, to employ schoolyard insults & underhanded tabloid tactics as a campaign strategy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:33:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #878 on: July 20, 2016, 02:32:34 pm »
I can sure as hell see yours!

Supporting Donald Trump in most people's world does not constitute bad behavior.

I support the Republican nominee for president.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #879 on: July 20, 2016, 02:35:01 pm »
Well...I can say that on the 'other' site when they piled on my candidate, making it personal and hammering away, there's a thresh hold to tolerating that.... especially when it becomes a ganged up response and the thread is flooded with insults ....The choices are only to either leave the threads or strike back.

People don't get dressed in the morning with a shirt that reads "walk all over me".......rather they often show a great deal of tolerance....but as mentioned that has limits. ......and the response is NOT a meltdown......it's the line has been crossed and time to call it as it is because it needs the saying of, and that usually doesn't happen until all the warnings to back off have been ignored.

Several  who oppose Trump here are of the same cut as those who opposed Cruz there.....no different then the crowd at FR........and the threads are beginning to look like them....you can see the slow buildup and then it just takes off. That same "climate change" is happening here.....

IMO every Freeper who came here was an invited guest, and most were looking for some sanity in this election race, others were looking for a place to keep venting their frustrations ....Frankly doing so generally leads those to face the reality of this race and determine what they are going to do about that. ....This site certainly offered me the opportunity to air and work through the concerns I had to arrive at the conclusion I have chosen.... and for that I'm grateful.....Some will continue to take their stand otherwise, but they should not be throwing fire at those who do not agree with their.."critical thinking" when it's anything but that.

If you own property and your invited guests begin to trash that property you have every right to defend it.....and that's just the way it is and certainly understood should be so......

@R4 TrumPence

Except you don't have to come on THIS thread and read any of the "piling on."  You have your OWN thread where you can praise Trump and the Convention to your heart's content.

That's why we have two threads.  A fence, in other words.

High fences make good neighbors. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #880 on: July 20, 2016, 02:36:03 pm »
Come on everybody...please calm down...

my granddaughter born yesterday 5:45pm

Etta Caroline  7lbs 11oz......

Congratulations to you and the family.  I know you didn't want to have to deal with this today, but some things just cannot be undone even with your fair approach to both sides.   
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline WAC

« Reply #881 on: July 20, 2016, 02:37:03 pm »
 It was no secret both Reagans sought in depth Astrological Horoscope readings during, before and after his Presidency. Although they often said it wasn't significant....they never denied ...especially Nancy Reagan......

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/04/us/white-house-confirms-reagans-follow-astrology-up-to-a-point.html

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #882 on: July 20, 2016, 02:37:34 pm »
Once, just ONCE I would like to see a Trump supporter admit that the current toxic environment within the party was kicked off when their candidate decided, for the first time in my memory anyway, to employ schoolyard insults & underhanded tabloid tactics as a campaign strategy.

Is Trump a cause or a symptom? Politics has been a nasty business ever since the 2000 election IMO. Internet politics seems to bring out the worst in people:

Warning NSFW and bad language:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/325/699/4fc.jpg

I prefer other topics lately. Politics seems to congregate into tribes of stupid people saying stupid things really loudly. And the dumber they are the louder they seem to scream.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:38:58 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #883 on: July 20, 2016, 02:38:40 pm »
I hope truth starts sinking in sooner rather than later.

Support Donald Trump or give aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton. Those are the choices. If your choice is to give aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton, don't bother conversing with me. I'm not interested in keeping company with you. That's the reason I always avoid places like democratic underground or daily Kos or whatever those leftist sites are.

No, those are not the choices.  There are others running in the race, plus my vote is not coerced at the point of a gun.  By your logic, my not voting for Hillary is giving aid and comfort to Trump. 

You don't have to keep company with us, AC, at least for the next two days.  You have your own sandbox to play in and things have been swell with this arrangement.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #884 on: July 20, 2016, 02:38:53 pm »
Well...I can say that on the 'other' site when they piled on my candidate, making it personal and hammering away, there's a thresh hold to tolerating that.... especially when it becomes a ganged up response and the thread is flooded with insults ....The choices are only to either leave the threads or strike back.

People don't get dressed in the morning with a shirt that reads "walk all over me".......rather they often show a great deal of tolerance....but as mentioned that has limits. ......and the response is NOT a meltdown......it's the line has been crossed and time to call it as it is because it needs the saying of, and that usually doesn't happen until all the warnings to back off have been ignored.

Several  who oppose Trump here are of the same cut as those who opposed Cruz there.....no different then the crowd at FR........and the threads are beginning to look like them....you can see the slow buildup and then it just takes off. That same "climate change" is happening here.....

IMO every Freeper who came here was an invited guest, and most were looking for some sanity in this election race, others were looking for a place to keep venting their frustrations ....Frankly doing so generally leads those to face the reality of this race and determine what they are going to do about that. ....This site certainly offered me the opportunity to air and work through the concerns I had to arrive at the conclusion I have chosen.... and for that I'm grateful.....Some will continue to take their stand otherwise, but they should not be throwing fire at those who do not agree with their.."critical thinking" when it's anything but that.

If you own property and your invited guests begin to trash that property you have every right to defend it.....and that's just the way it is and certainly understood should be so......

@R4 TrumPence
You have calmly resolved to compromise, deny, or rationalize whatever pesky principles you may have had to come to the conclusion you wish to support the candidate. I understand the 'lesser evil' concept, and in the past have fallen victim to that dichotomy. I see you seem to be at ease with that, and sincerely hope you find whatever fulfillment you seek there.

Some of us will not go quietly into that night, if we go at all. We have decided, after repeatedly doing the same thing and somehow expecting a different result, to try something different. We are not voting for those who embrace and even practice what we find repugnant, even if they do purport to agree on the fundamentals of some issues.

Sadly, the compromise the candidate made which is most off-putting was not one on a specific issue, but one of honesty. The candidate continues to display this fundamental lack, even in small things, which belies a deeper problem, no matter how well concealed by glitz, co-conspirators, attorneys, exuberantly optimistic fans, or the media. If a candidate will lie about little things when they don't have to, then they have betrayed a fundamentally adversarial relationship with the truth.

I am not so naive as to expect every statement of intent from a candidate to be gospel, but I do expect when they say they support a position for them to do so, at least voice requests to the appropriate branch or agency of government to make it so. What I did not expect was a tirade of untruths to be unleashed against another candidate, in succession, timed and of the type to most negatively affect the contest at hand, for the sole purpose of character assassination and to dominate media time which could have been devoted to issues. It has been said there is no such thing as bad press, and for those who simply want to be seen, that may be, but for someone for whom integrity is paramount, bad press is bad press, and a lot of bad press, especially based on falsehoods, is a problem.
It is that fundamental wrong, which while I cannot right it, I can damn sure not support the source. And I will not. Other reasons exist as well, but the fundamental element of trust simply does not exist.

I don't support Hillary, either, so let's get that canard off the table, but I know she will be a crook. I know she will try to subvert the Constitution in ways that her opponent has supported in the past, in fact, he has supported her, herself, in her quest for political power and the benefits which come with it.
This does not engender trust either, nor any faith in his alleged epiphanies to conservatism.
So I am left with no meaningful choice, perhaps, as elections go, but there are millions like me, perhaps more after my State and ten others were handed the foul end of the stick and ignored in their petition to the chair at the Convention. Many people are reconsidering their support for the GOP now, even more than those here who simply did not like the candidate.

Were this dissatisfaction gathered into a third party, that party would have an effect, and quite possibly grow as those who have supported the GOP candidate inevitably experience 'buyers remorse' should he be elected. (I have little doubt, if he fails to be elected, that the blame will be directed at those of us who said he was unsuitable from the start, by the hardcore 40% of the GOP (and crossovers) who voted for him in the primaries who simply could not sell our souls to support him.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #885 on: July 20, 2016, 02:40:56 pm »
Here's the deal...Trump people stay off this thread!..never Trump people will reciprocate and stay off yours..

I would sure like to go to the hosp to see our new baby than try to mitigate this...Please
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #886 on: July 20, 2016, 02:41:24 pm »
Is Trump a cause or a symptom? Politics has been a nasty business ever since the 2000 election IMO. Internet politics seems to bring out the worst in people:

Warning NSFW and bad language:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/325/699/4fc.jpg

I prefer other topics lately. Politics seems to congregate into tribes of stupid people saying stupid things really loudly. And the dumber they are the louder they seem to scream.

Trump is both a cause and a symptom.

I do not believe anyone can claim in all honesty that there has been a presidential candidate as crude and overtly abusive as he in their lifetime.

Anyway, no big deal. Just an observation.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #887 on: July 20, 2016, 02:42:17 pm »
Except you don't have to come on THIS thread and read any of the "piling on."  You have your OWN thread where you can praise Trump and the Convention to your heart's content.

That's why we have two threads.  A fence, in other words.   High fences make good neighbors.   

If that's what you want @Sinkspur--then why not remove the "Open" from the title of your thread and acquire a moderator who will delete whatever is considered unproductive  :bs: ?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #888 on: July 20, 2016, 02:42:35 pm »
Here's the deal...Trump people stay off this thread!..never Trump people will reciprocate and stay off yours..

I would sure like to go to the hosp to see our new baby than try to mitigate this...Please

Go see your new Grandchild! Forget about the crybabies in this forum! They can turn off their computers and go outside.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #889 on: July 20, 2016, 02:43:24 pm »
I've gotten really good at ignoring people (Without using an ignore button)

I prefer it that way.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #890 on: July 20, 2016, 02:43:34 pm »

You should go babysit your granddaughter, rather than us.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #891 on: July 20, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »

Good deal @mystery-ak     Now, please go and enjoy your new grandbaby.  Congratulations Nona!   :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #892 on: July 20, 2016, 02:44:10 pm »

This is a live convention thread, is it not?

Good. Here's some news: last night the votes were tallied and Donald J Trump secured more delegates than any Republican in history:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/trump-trumps-wins-historic-race-record-fashion/

Offline betty boop

Re: ALTERNATIVE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #893 on: July 20, 2016, 02:45:23 pm »
OK, who wants to start a pool on how the Trump Campaign will screw up the convention today?

Paul Ryan announced the results of the Delegate floor vote for the nomination a little after 8 p.m. last night. To wit:

Donald Trump -- 1725 votes

Ted Cruz -- 475 votes

John "Whatta Weasel" Kasich -- 120 votes

Marco Rubio -- 114 votes

Ben Carson -- 7 votes

Jeb Bush -- 3 votes

Rand Paul -- 2 votes

I don't think there's anything there for Trump to screw up. But heaven only knows what we can expect from Ted Cruz tonight. He still has not endorsed, and the Trump people/RNC are not planning on vetting, or even seeing, his speech before he gives it. Should be interesting.

@aligncare
@roamer_1
@musiclady
@wolfcreek
@INVAR
@Bigun

Offline Nickname

« Reply #894 on: July 20, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »

Congrats and go enjoy your family!

The forum will be fine!

:scared smiley:

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #895 on: July 20, 2016, 02:47:30 pm »
If that's what you want @sinkspur--then why not remove the "Open" from the title of your thread and acquire a moderator who will delete whatever is considered unproductive  :bs: ?

Yeah, and censor it and boot posters just like you Trumpists did with your "official" thread?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #896 on: July 20, 2016, 02:48:38 pm »
If that's what you want @sinkspur--then why not remove the "Open" from the title of your thread and acquire a moderator who will delete whatever is considered unproductive  :bs: ?

I don't get posters bitching about what's said over HERE when they don't have to come over HERE. 

It's an OPEN thread; no deleted posts.  And we have a moderator:  me.

I really want to shut this thread down and have everyone post on the WEDNESDAY thread.  It's a new day and we all deserve a fresh start. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #897 on: July 20, 2016, 02:49:35 pm »
They're blinded by hatred for Donald Trump; they can't see their own bad behavior.
That's the assumption I find amusing, projection perhaps?
You see, I don't hate Trump. I just find him to be an unacceptable applicant for the job of POTUS.
Of the two candidates (Hillary and Trump), if I was running the HR department, I'd re-post the help wanted ad.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #898 on: July 20, 2016, 02:50:37 pm »
This is a live convention thread, is it not?

Good. Here's some news: last night the votes were tallied and Donald J Trump secured more delegates than any Republican in history:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/trump-trumps-wins-historic-race-record-fashion/

He also had the most delegates vote against him:  721.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #899 on: July 20, 2016, 02:51:02 pm »
Well, aside from owning half of an internet site that could be something other than a wannabe trump echo chamber, I think you should drink less before pissing off your members. Trump is it, though. Trump is the end of the GOP. My state delegation and ten others were denied their right under the rules to call for a roll call vote, through strong arm tactics and just plain cheating.

Nothing like insisting everyone else go by the rules and breaking them yourselves.

Many of us saw this early on, while you people were projecting your sins on others like Liberal Democrats, but now, now, you have done it.

I formally renounce any connection with the Republican Party. The Democrat Party never had any, nor will they ever. If you want Trump, by all means, elect him if you can. I expect to see you next to the New Black Pampers with large sticks at the polls, just part of the receiving line. When Trump, the election, the country don't go where you think they will, I only have one thing to say. Stay out of my yard or I'll make you one with it, and I hate shovel work.
:thumbsup: