Author Topic: Ted Cruz slides in poll, leaving Greg Abbott king of the Texas GOP  (Read 4676 times)

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Ted Cruz slides in poll, leaving Greg Abbott king of the Texas GOP
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 04:48:12 pm »
, took a 2nd look at Cruz and saw him as a phoney, a fake. Dishonest and playing a role.

Absolute baloney.  I helped in Cruz' first campaign and got to meet him.  He came across as genuine, brilliant, and truly passionate about our conservative cause.  You on the other hand (1) do not see that Cruz has a nerdish social awkwardness to him and (2) have been multiply duped (in support) and have bought into the nasty Trump smear machine. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:12:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 05:04:00 pm »
Nah.  Cruz is polarizing because his speech, mannerisms, sanctimonious attitude and propensity to lie are repellent to the majority of Americans--which is why he "won" just 43% of the vote in the Texas primary   :shrug:

All of which is just jr. high, catty cheerleader stuff I'd expect from Harley Lady or some other similar Trump supporter. Nothing but repeated, manufactured, Word of Trump garbage designed to eliminate his enemies by any means necessary.

Too bad he can't gin up that much energy against Hillary.
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 05:16:16 pm »
Absolute baloney.  I helped in Cruz' first campaign and got to meet him.  He came across as genuine, brilliant, and truly passionate about our conservative cause.  You on the other hand (1) do not see that Cruz has a nerdish social awkwardness to him and (2) have been multiply duped (in support) and have bought in the nasty Trump smear machine.

Cruz has a great sense of humor as well. He is a good man who was smeared in the most hateful way by Trump operatives.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 06:08:37 pm »
Here's the thing antis need to understand. A lot of former Cruz supporters, myself and my wife included, took a 2nd look at Cruz and saw him as a phoney, a fake. Dishonest and playing a role.

Ok, I'll bite.    I guess I'm one of those stupid "antis".

Can you please post a couple of links where you were all in for Cruz, in just the same way that you're all in for Trump, regardless of what he says or does, or whatever progressive policies and politicians he has supported in the past?  I'm not talking about a "Hmm... I was just thinking about what Cruz said last night, and he might have something there, and he looks like an interesting candidate" kind of statement.   I'm talking about the same level of religious worship for Trump and invective against every other candidate - where was THAT level of "Cruz support"?

Can you back up your words with historical evidence?  A link from TBR, or even TOS, perhaps? 

You're probably being very honest about your history, and not just trying to convince us that you're an objective man, just another "conservative" like all of us here, who "saw the light" Cruz as the evil man you purport.  Forgive me in advance, for doubting you, but:

@Mechanicos
Where's the evidence, Mechanicos?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:11:27 pm by OldSaltUSN »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 06:16:36 pm »
Ok, I'll bite.    I guess I'm one of those stupid "antis".

Can you please post a couple of links where you were all in for Cruz, in just the same way that you're all in for Trump, regardless of what he says or does, or whatever progressive policies and politicians he has supported in the past?  I'm not talking about a "Hmm... I was just thinking about what Cruz said last night, and he might have something there, and he looks like an interesting candidate" kind of statement.   I'm talking about the same level of religious worship for Trump and invective against every other candidate - where was THAT level of "Cruz support"?

Can you back up your words with historical evidence?  A link from TBR, or even TOS, perhaps? 

You're probably being very honest about your history, and not just trying to convince us that you're an objective man, just another "conservative" like all of us here, who "saw the light" Cruz as the evil man you purport.  Forgive me in advance, for doubting you, but:

@Mechanicos
Where's the evidence, Mechanicos?

I liked him when he started. Many of us did. It could be on TOS but I am not going to hunt your squirrel for you so you can play attack the messenger.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 06:17:52 pm »
Here's the thing antis need to understand. A lot of former Cruz supporters, myself and my wife included, took a 2nd look at Cruz and saw him as a phoney, a fake. Dishonest and playing a role.

Oh man this makes me laugh. Really, really laugh.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 06:20:57 pm »
I liked him when he started. Many of us did. It could be on TOS but I am not going to hunt your squirrel for you so you can play attack the messenger.

Good then.  Count we count on that this is the end of your Trump Talking Points Cruz bashing?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 06:43:57 pm »
Good then.  Count we count on that this is the end of your Trump Talking Points Cruz bashing?
Hardly, I like educating people. People who cannot understand why they are such outliers desperately waiting for the next rope a dope poll saying they are right so they can continue to hope Cruz will become the Nominee, need reality checks. Its a public service.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 06:49:30 pm »
This will all work out.

Cruz will win senate re-election rather easily.

Both like one another.
Both worked with one another.
Both will endorse one another. 

Cruz took a beating in the primary, but he'll be fine.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 06:51:33 pm »
Hardly, I like educating people. People who cannot understand why they are such outliers desperately waiting for the next rope a dope poll saying they are right so they can continue to hope Cruz will become the Nominee, need reality checks. Its a public service.

Educating people should include telling the truth, no matter how hard that is.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2016, 06:55:26 pm »
Educating people should include telling the truth, no matter how hard that is.

He meant to say he likes re-educating people.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 06:55:58 pm »

I really don't want to insult you, but that comment sounded like it came straight from the TOS funny farm.  We Cruz supporters know his '16 campaign is over, but many lunatic Trumpets apparently are covering their ears and heads with tin foil.  And sorry.......... the real world is laughing at you guys.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:57:26 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 07:00:08 pm »

I do not think that would happen.
I think the only way Cruz would reinsert himself was if Trump walked away from it willingly.
I don't think Cruz would try to wrestle it away from him.
He'd know that would just lead to division and disaster.

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »
Nah.  Cruz is polarizing because his speech, mannerisms, sanctimonious attitude and propensity to lie are repellent to the majority of Americans--which is why he "won" just 43% of the vote in the Texas primary   :shrug:

Thank you for providing an excellent example of psychological projection.
"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 08:15:17 pm »
I do not think that would happen.
I think the only way Cruz would reinsert himself was if Trump walked away from it willingly.
I don't think Cruz would try to wrestle it away from him.
He'd know that would just lead to division and disaster.

Then he needs to act Honorable and tell his people to knock off their antics that are disrupting the party.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 08:57:37 pm »
Then he needs to act Honorable and tell his people to knock off their antics that are disrupting the party.

What people? What antics?

Last I heard Cruz is back in the senate doing his job. He has specifically said he is not interested in continuing the fight for the nomination.

Please provide your information sources or some of us may begin to suspect you're seeing constitutional literalists under your stairs.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 09:11:51 pm »
What people? What antics?

Last I heard Cruz is back in the senate doing his job. He has specifically said he is not interested in continuing the fight for the nomination.

Please provide your information sources or some of us may begin to suspect you're seeing constitutional literalists under your stairs.
The delegates who are pushing to derail Trump and suing are all Cruz people. Do your own homework.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 09:28:41 pm »
The delegates who are pushing to derail Trump and suing are all Cruz people. Do your own homework.

Good for them.

Until the insurrection actually happens I've lost interest in this campaign. Unless it does we're screwed either way.

But in spite of any fanboy's fevered imaginings clearly Cruz is not involved.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:32:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 09:29:57 pm »

Are you saying that Cruz has directly orchestrated these "antics that are disrupting the party"?  I know this is a silly question, but you have proof of that?

Or, are the delegates working outside of Cruz's input and you're suggesting that he has the influence to tell them to stop, even though the delegates have said they are working toward denying Trump but not necessarily so that Cruz would achieve the nomination?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2016, 09:32:01 pm »
Are you saying that Cruz has directly orchestrated these "antics that are disrupting the party"?  I know this is a silly question, but you have proof of that?

Or, are the delegates working outside of Cruz's input and you're suggesting that he has the influence to tell them to stop, even though the delegates have said they are working toward denying Trump but not necessarily so that Cruz would achieve the nomination?
Cruz has the power to stop them doing it in his name. He lacks the honor to do whats right.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 09:36:23 pm »
Cruz has the power to stop them doing it in his name. He lacks the honor to do whats right.

I have seen no evidence they are doing it in his name.  What have I missed?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 09:39:22 pm »
I have seen no evidence they are doing it in his name.  What have I missed?
They are Cruz delegates so yeah its in his name and he can tell them to stop their crap.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 09:42:50 pm »

They are not his"people".
They are delegates.
Selected by their party precincts to represent the party.
Some may have affinities and leanings towards other candidates, but that is pretty normal.
Those that get involved in such things as going to conventions generally are more grass roots oriented, and get involved in the process.
You would find them to be more likely to support traditional Republicans, RINO's or Conservatives, than you would a person coming in from the outside, who hasn't run before.
A lot of these delegates worked to get plenty of the other candidates who were running elected to the offices that they have held.
I don't think their will be any weirdness going on.
Frankly, Trump would be the main wildcard here.
If he just melts down, or walks away, should they not have a contingency plan?
Shouldn't the Democrats as well, if Hillary is actually indicted?
If the convention was held today, They'd select Trump.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:44:09 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 09:43:30 pm »
They are Cruz delegates so yeah its in his name and he can tell them to stop their crap.

So we've found you  in yet another falsehood.  Have you no shame?  Are you unable to tell the difference between telling the whole truth and not telling the truth?  Or are all lies okay as long as it meets your goals?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 09:48:04 pm »
So we've found you  in yet another falsehood.  Have you no shame?  Are you unable to tell the difference between telling the whole truth and not telling the truth?  Or are all lies okay as long as it meets your goals?
Who is the one telling false hoods, they are Cruz designated delegates, One from Colorado. But for Cruz they would have no authority to be there at the convention. When they are listed officially they are called Cruz delegates so yes you were wrong, again.