Author Topic: Ted Cruz slides in poll, leaving Greg Abbott king of the Texas GOP  (Read 4663 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Ted Cruz slides in poll, leaving Greg Abbott king of the Texas GOP
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2016, 09:52:17 pm »
Who is the one telling false hoods, they are Cruz designated delegates, One from Colorado. But for Cruz they would have no authority to be there at the convention. When they are listed officially they are called Cruz delegates so yes you were wrong, again.

That is quite different than saying what they are doing they are doing "in his name", which insinuates that they are doing it at his request since he cannot be there to do it himself.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2016, 10:11:50 pm »
Who is the one telling false hoods, they are Cruz designated delegates, One from Colorado. But for Cruz they would have no authority to be there at the convention. When they are listed officially they are called Cruz delegates so yes you were wrong, again.

Trump has 1542 delegates, and only needs 1237
Cruz has 559
if 305 of Trump's delegates walk, he still has the 1237 left.
Do you really think, unless something crazy happens, that 306+ are going to walk?
if 305 left just to make a statement, Trump still wins and Cruz doesn't get there.
305+559 = 864, not enough.
Add Rubio's 164 and Kasich's 161 and you get to 1189.
Not enough.
Why keep worrying about Cruz?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2016, 10:33:33 pm »
Cruz has the power to stop them doing it in his name. He lacks the honor to do whats right.

You Trump guys gotta stop leaving yourselves wide open with these charges.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 10:38:39 pm »

Because Cruz is a constant reminder to them of their foolishness.

There can be no other reason.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2016, 10:40:27 pm »
That is quite different than saying what they are doing they are doing "in his name", which insinuates that they are doing it at his request since he cannot be there to do it himself.
They are officially Cruz representatives so yes as a matter of law they are acting on his behalf. Cruz is the Principle and they are his agents unless and until they are released by him. So yes they are acting in his name. He has the authority to stop them release them or even replace them.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 10:44:41 pm »
I will not argue any of the points above. This is for information and education, not flame bait.

:ignore:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline beandog

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 10:47:27 pm »
Cruz has the power to stop them doing it in his name. He lacks the honor to do whats right.

Anybody supporting the Donald should never bring up "honor" since he has none.  I seriously doubt any of you have any either.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2016, 10:57:38 pm »
They are officially Cruz representatives so yes as a matter of law they are acting on his behalf. Cruz is the Principle and they are his agents unless and until they are released by him. So yes they are acting in his name. He has the authority to stop them release them or even replace them.

Do you not know that the convention is run by the private entity, the RNC, and there is no "matter of law" involved?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2016, 11:00:34 pm »
Do you not know that the convention is run by the private entity, the RNC, and there is no "matter of law" involved?
You do know every delegate is under a performance contract right? They are not simple voters they are delegates meaning they have the authority of a principle delegated to them.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2016, 11:18:36 pm »

Because they know that they, and their prince have blown up every bridge of possible support they will need from Cruz/Rubio/Fiorina/Walker/Paul  supporters.

They have made us their enemy.  And in so doing, they know they have no chance against Hillary in the General Election.

So they have to go and blame the very enemy they have made of us. To blame the upcoming landslide defeat of historic proportions upon Christian Conservatives who will not bend the knee and kiss Trump's ring.

It's is not enough to defeat Cruz and Conservatives.   This is about obliterating, destroying and rendering forever irrelevant - Conservatism itself. Because even as I type, the Trump Militant are busy resculpting Conservatism into the image of their prince.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:31:59 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2016, 11:18:43 pm »
Because Cruz is a constant reminder to them of their foolishness.

There can be no other reason.

"Straw man" argument on their part.
Make up a villain, there always has to be one.
I don't really know.
Makes as much sense as anything else.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »
You do know every delegate is under a performance contract right? They are not simple voters they are delegates meaning they have the authority of a principle delegated to them.

You didn't answer my question- are you aware there are no "laws" (implying government oversight) in the convention? The rules have not yet been set for the upcoming convention. Bound, unbound, voting their conscience- all of this is being discussed regarding the delegates.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2016, 11:33:45 pm »
You didn't answer my question- are you aware there are no "laws" (implying government oversight) in the convention? The rules have not yet been set for the upcoming convention. Bound, unbound, voting their conscience- all of this is being discussed regarding the delegates.
Actually there is if they signed a contract with the State party. Its called Contract law.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 11:37:37 pm »
Actually there is if they signed a contract with the State party. Its called Contract law.

Can you provide a link that substantiates that delegates sign legally binding contracts with their State party? I have never heard of this.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2016, 12:32:46 am »
He has the authority to stop them release them or even replace them.

Replace them? You'll have to show me the rule on that one.  As far as the rules I have read only that delegates and alternates selected at the state level.  I have found nothing about dismissal of delegates other than they if they are not qualified to serve and in that case an alternate is appointed by the state or the RNC, depending on state rules.

The delegates are not hired by Cruz, they don't belong to him, nor represent him. Particularly if delegates cannot be bound they have no responsibility to him whatsoever.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2016, 04:02:37 am »
I liked him when he started. Many of us did. It could be on TOS but I am not going to hunt your squirrel for you so you can play attack the messenger.

Nope, you were not in favor of any conservative at the beginning of this election cycle.  Maybe you were a Paul supporter.  Maybe an anarchist.   I don't know.  If you were a Constitutional conservative supporting Cruz up front, it'd be easy for you to locate 100 posts to that effect.  You didn't produce even one.

Also, you didn't say that you just "liked the guy", you claimed you and your wife were Cruz supporters.  Those are not the same thing.

You simply want conservatives to think you were an objective, "normal" conservative like the rest of us, to give your pro-Trump arguments more credibility.

I'd speculate more about who and what you are, but that would violate the Trump mod rules here.    Let's just call you a bit less than honest, and leave it at that.

By the way, I'm not specifically calling you out to insult you.  You are what you are.  However, I've read the same thing from dozen's of pro-Trump supporters, such as  "Wow! I really thought Cruz was the guy.  He seemed like such a great conservative.  Then I learned how evil Lyin Ted was, about all his mistresses, how he abused his kids, I SAW how ugly his wife, was and how his dad assassinated JFK.  Now he ought to be tar'd and feathered and sent to that Canadian concentration camp named "Camp Lyon. .... blah Trump! Trump! blah Trump! blah."  I've heard this lyin' crap over and over from Trump supporters like you, so I'm just making the point.  Where's the evidence?

You are what you are, and you just demonstrated it, Squirrelly.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:04:15 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2016, 04:35:09 am »

Bud, I've been a Congressional District GOP party official, recently. I've been to several state conventions.

No such thing exists, not in my state.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:37:01 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2016, 05:26:45 am »

satan always overplays his hand.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2016, 05:28:35 am »

The key to Contract law is that there is a penalty for breaking the contract.  What is the penalty in this case?  Or is this just another example of you making it up as you go.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2016, 10:10:19 am »
Nope, you were not in favor of any conservative at the beginning of this election cycle.  Maybe you were a Paul supporter.  Maybe an anarchist.   I don't know.  If you were a Constitutional conservative supporting Cruz up front, it'd be easy for you to locate 100 posts to that effect.  You didn't produce even one.

Also, you didn't say that you just "liked the guy", you claimed you and your wife were Cruz supporters.  Those are not the same thing.

You simply want conservatives to think you were an objective, "normal" conservative like the rest of us, to give your pro-Trump arguments more credibility.

I'd speculate more about who and what you are, but that would violate the Trump mod rules here.    Let's just call you a bit less than honest, and leave it at that.

By the way, I'm not specifically calling you out to insult you.  You are what you are.  However, I've read the same thing from dozen's of pro-Trump supporters, such as  "Wow! I really thought Cruz was the guy.  He seemed like such a great conservative.  Then I learned how evil Lyin Ted was, about all his mistresses, how he abused his kids, I SAW how ugly his wife, was and how his dad assassinated JFK.  Now he ought to be tar'd and feathered and sent to that Canadian concentration camp named "Camp Lyon. .... blah Trump! Trump! blah Trump! blah."  I've heard this lyin' crap over and over from Trump supporters like you, so I'm just making the point.  Where's the evidence?

You are what you are, and you just demonstrated it, Squirrelly.
So explain how your actions here are not helping Hillary then.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2016, 10:11:02 am »
The key to Contract law is that there is a penalty for breaking the contract.  What is the penalty in this case?  Or is this just another example of you making it up as you go.
For one they can be fired.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2016, 01:28:29 pm »
Then he needs to act Honorable and tell his people to knock off their antics that are disrupting the party.

Honorable?  You mean  (1) honorable like  complicity in starting Cruz infidelity rumors? , (2) Honorable in posting ugly tweets about his wife?, (3) Honorable like accusing your father of killing JFK?

That's pretty damn funny.  Cruz needs to tell Trump to go F himself.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:29:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2016, 01:29:59 pm »
Honorable?  You mean  (1) honorable like  complicity in starting Cruz infidelity rumors? , (2) Honorable in posting ugly tweets about his wife?, (3) Honorable like accusing your father of killing JFK>

That's pretty damn funny.  Cruz needs to tell Trump to go F himself.
You did know Honor is Personal and has nothing to do with what other people do. Thats called Face a different concept.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »
You did know Honor is Personal and has nothing to do with what other people do. Thats called Face a different concept.

Beg to differ.  Trump's sleazy tactics took "personal" to a whole new low level, and that was the ultimate of dishonorable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GLarry

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2016, 08:29:51 pm »
Cruz is polarizing because he is an outspoken conservative.  You probably have a few Trump worshippers that think Cruz's father shot JFK now.

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz — -18(ALL) / +39(Republicans)
John Cornyn — -11(ALL) / +19(Republicans)

DrewsDad,
Thanks for the hat-tip at FR.
I've been banned for defending Cruz and criticizing Trump.
3rd graders over there are allowed to be as foul as they please in criticizing Cruz, but my constructive criticism of Trump was too much for them.
I haven't figured out how to contact you directly over here, so I had to find one of your posts.
Larry