Author Topic: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already  (Read 33966 times)

Online Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »
Hope for change????

Been there, done that, haven't we?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2016, 04:48:20 pm »
I have to disagree.

What has been done these past 8 years CAN be undone.   MUST be undone.

And not only in the law enforcement, etc., but in the Peoples' hearts and minds.

Enough of this division.

Trump has the chance to put himself on Mt Rushmore.

All the things you've cited as personal fears/concerns here will be guar-freaking-teed with a Hillary presidency.

That is beyond frightening and in truth, no different than the messianic views the Left has for Obama. They too have talked about his mug being on Rushmore even before he took his Oath of office. 

Interesting that Trump supporters are expressing the same hopes for their Champion.

So I will accept that you are perfectly fine with a dictatorship - empower your Political Savior to do whatever it takes, by any means to "undo" what has been done these last 8 years by the grant of the Politburo in Congress.

I do not see Trump Believers changing any hearts and minds except by threats, coercion and intimidation.  History showcases it is repeating itself in this so-called 'election'.

As to division, your Champion has furthered what the Left and Obama have already exploited.  The purging of Conservatives from formerly "Conservative" forums and websites is just a microcosm of what they state they will do once they get their man onto the throne.  Even to the point of suggesting mass executions for those they are already proclaiming as "traitors" for refusing to bend the knee to their Sovereign.

The division is there because of Trump's own words and those of his rabid supporters.  He sets the tone and the atmosphere and it will get even uglier than it currently is given what I am reading online.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:51:31 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2016, 04:52:10 pm »
Let me ask, did you support Romney? Did you support McCain?
What do they have to do with the price of tea in China?  Are they supporting Trump?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Bill Cipher

« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2016, 04:52:18 pm »
That is beyond frightening and in truth, no different than the messianic views the Left has for Obama. They too have talked about his mug being on Rushmore even before he took his Oath of office. 

Interesting that Trump supporters are expressing the same hopes for their Champion.

So I will accept that you are perfectly fine with a dictatorship - empower your Political Savior to do whatever it takes, by any means to "undo" what has been done these last 8 years by the grant of the Politburo in Congress.

I do not see Trump Believers changing any hearts and minds except by threats, coercion and intimidation.  History showcases it is repeating itself in this so-called 'election'.

As to division, your Champion has furthered what the Left and Obama have already exploited.  The purging of Conservatives from formerly "Conservative" forums and websites is just a microcosm of what they state they will do once they get their man onto the throne.  Even to the point of suggesting mass executions for those they are already proclaiming as "traitors" for refusing to bend the knee to their Sovereign.

The division is there because of Trump's own words and those of his rabid supporters.  He sets the tone and the atmosphere and it will get even uglier than it currently is given what I am reading online.

goopo

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2016, 04:52:43 pm »
The Trumpsters yearn for a strongman.   That's a character weakness, IMO.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2016, 05:04:04 pm »
The Trumpsters yearn for a strongman.   That's a character weakness, IMO.
Indeed, and not what most of us would consider a conservative value.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2016, 05:18:26 pm »
Indeed, and not what most of us would consider a conservative value.

We have been lectured repeatedly on various fora that "Conservative Principles" are irrelevant, moot and that a Conservative can never, ever win national office in this country again.

We are being told that now is the time for 'winning" and pragmatism with a 'strong leader' who will 'act unilaterally' as Obama has done to 'fix what has been done to us'.

Either we are with them, or against them and if against them - then we will be counted with the enemy and 'punished' 'when the time comes'.

Talk of walls, rope, tar, feathers, blindfolds and mass executions for everyone who is a 'domestic enemy' that refuses to support Trump.

They want a dictator, and they are making that demand no secret anymore.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:20:28 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2016, 05:26:00 pm »
We have been lectured repeatedly on various fora that "Conservative Principles" are irrelevant, moot and that a Conservative can never, ever win national office in this country again.

We are wing told that now is the time for 'winning" and pragmatism with a 'strong leader' who will 'act unilaterally' as Obama has done to 'fix what has been done to us'.

If necessary....exactly, INVAR!   The coal industry must be resurrected. and this global warming bullshit has got to stop.   Things like that.  Do you disagree?

They want a dictator, and they are making that demand no secret anymore.

That's quite a leap, there.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WjaPs9KHs

If you dare...or care....this is the interview with Eric Trump that Megyn Kelly did last evening.

If you don't "get it" (Trump) after listening to this son speak about his parents and his siblings...you're all 'dead' to me.   

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:27:42 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2016, 05:43:09 pm »
If necessary....exactly, INVAR!   The coal industry must be resurrected. and this global warming bullshit has got to stop.   Things like that.  Do you disagree?

Absolutely disagree.  My allegiance is to the Constitution, the Declaration and the precepts of liberty.  I won't trade one dictator for another dictator just because people are angry and afraid.

We were not supposed to have a monarchy or a dictatorship.

It is frightening so many so-called Americans want exactly that, and here you just expressed your desire for it.

You have absolutely no clue what you are giving birth to. History's lessons about what happens when a people trade their republic for a dictatorship, even under the guise of saving themselves is not pretty and actually quite ugly.

If you dare...or care....this is the interview with Eric Trump that Megyn Kelly did last evening.

I don't watch anything from the propaganda media, or the TrumpPAC at Fox.  I remember what Trump said about her not too long ago.  It's amazing what money and ratings will do to principles in this country.

If you don't "get it" (Trump) after listening to this son speak about his parents and his siblings...you're all 'dead' to me.   

Next I expect you might be mimicking other Trump Believers who are openly discussing the need to make those of us whom will not bend the knee to your political savior, 'dead'.

That is a growing zeitgeist and accelerating in viciousness.

I'll have no part of this fascist dictatorship you want to excuse and empower. It stands as a direct enemy to liberty and I will resist and fight it with every fiber of my being.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2016, 05:50:56 pm »
Absolutely disagree.  My allegiance is to the Constitution, the Declaration and the precepts of liberty.  I won't trade one dictator for another dictator just because people are angry and afraid.

We were not supposed to have a monarchy or a dictatorship.

It is frightening so many so-called Americans want exactly that, and here you just expressed your desire for it.

You have absolutely no clue what you are giving birth to. History's lessons about what happens when a people trade their republic for a dictatorship, even under the guise of saving themselves is not pretty and actually quite ugly.

Great post!   We fought a revolution to be rid of kings.   Our problems are vast, but that does not mean sacrificing the Constitution in the quest for a strongman who promises to rip the nation apart in the guise of "saving" it.     

If you're for "America first", you'll oppose Trumpism.   

geronl

« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2016, 05:55:28 pm »
Let me ask, did you support Romney? Did you support McCain?

I tried to support McCain, but he made it tough. When he said "Obama is a good man, he will make a good president... we have nothing to fear from Obama..."
That was all.

I never did back Romney.
-----------------------------------

They were both far and away better than Trump.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:55:57 pm by geronl »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2016, 05:56:17 pm »
We are being told that now is the time for 'winning" and pragmatism with a 'strong leader' who will 'act [...]

Yeah, you're right - but the same thing happened with McCain/Palin... the same thing happened with Thompson... Even Romney by the end of it. And look at the inverse - those who fell on their sword for Giuliani and Romney - Who had somehow convinced themselves that they were the best sort of Conservative...

Folks are always gonna pine for a messiah... they will always run to their prophets with itching ears.

All a guy can do is KNOW, and be of good cheer - Counter the oblivious argument with fact... Be it about the real Messiah or the true tenets of Conservatism.

Perhaps the fault is ours - not having prepared for the argument as we should, or having fallen into tit-for-tat and likewise throwing insults.

It astonished me how few on FR truly comprehended Conservatism by the numbers. Even factional Conservatism...  Even more so now.

Offline Relic

« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2016, 06:06:15 pm »
What do they have to do with the price of tea in China?  Are they supporting Trump?

Did I ask you? Or are you just one of those displaced emotionally wounded freepers looking for an online fight to validate yourself?

If you must know, he said he wouldn't support Trump because he's not conservative. Tell me how McCain or Romney are conservatives.

Offline Relic

« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2016, 06:10:12 pm »
I tried to support McCain, but he made it tough. When he said "Obama is a good man, he will make a good president... we have nothing to fear from Obama..."
That was all.

I never did back Romney.
-----------------------------------

They were both far and away better than Trump.

Romney was better. McCain is a nut. Neither is conservative.

I was just trying to point out that you said you wouldn't support Trump because he's not conservative. Neither are Romney or McCain.

I don't know what Trump will be. He certainly isn't someone I'd pick. But, I'm in the camp that says Hillary is the absolute bottom of the barrel, pure evil. Even if Trump is bad, he can't be as bad as Hillary.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2016, 06:16:24 pm »
Yes. I called Trump an idiot.  Perhaps the better word would have been A**HOLE.  Sorry.  My mistake.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2016, 06:25:54 pm »

Perhaps the fault is ours - not having prepared for the argument as we should, or having fallen into tit-for-tat and likewise throwing insults.

The fault is ours in the context of Conservative's foundation: as a people we no longer stood for God and biblical principles from being respected and adhered to in the public square.  Morality and religion are the foundations of the liberty we know Conservatism upholds.  When those pillars were abandoned, the weight of the wickedness and tyranny of men collapsed the culture wholesale, and what we see happening in this country is simply the consequences of that.

An argument for liberty can no more be won in the minds of people than Christianity can be won today.  Both have been horrifying redefined by first our enemies, and then by ourselves to appease our enemies.

We cannot even agree on what the definition of liberty is anymore amongst self-identifying Conservatives.  Also as we are witnessing, your neighbors do not trust you or I with liberty.

As such, liberty cannot exist for long in such an environment.

Fact of history and human nature.

It's the Why of everything you are watching take place in front of your eyes.

A-Lert

« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2016, 07:36:28 pm »
Hope for change????  This 'aint a lottery.  This is our liberty we're talking about.  I'm not risking Freedom like a roulette wheel.  I will fight that notion with every fiber of my being.

DC, with all due respect - we do not elect monarchs or dictators.

Trump has no authority to 'erase' what the Ruling Class and their dependent serfs have already done.  Not unless you expect him to act as a dictator - which many, many supporters have stated they are perfectly fine with. 

In addition, Trump has been walking back or waffling on his entire platform including the "wall", depending whom he is talking to.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Hillary_Clinton_Gun_Control.htm

A-Lert

« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2016, 07:41:31 pm »
Yes. I called Trump an idiot.  Perhaps the better word would have been A**HOLE.  Sorry.  My mistake.

If Trump is an bleep, how do you describe Hillary Clinton?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2016, 07:52:25 pm »
If Trump is an bleep, how do you describe Hillary Clinton?

I get it - you don't like Hillary Clinton.  Neither do I.  So why do you insist on the nomination of the one cat who's even more awful? 

This one's on you, bub.   Clinton will stick to you like glue.   

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2016, 08:04:34 pm »
I get it - you don't like Hillary Clinton.  Neither do I.  So why do you insist on the nomination of the one cat who's even more awful? 

This one's on you, bub.   Clinton will stick to you like glue.

Trump’s love for America is as deep as Clinton’s hate for it. :patriot:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2016, 08:13:13 pm »

Given Trump's past positions on guns, our 2nd Amendment Rights are no more secure with him as Dictator as they would be with Hildabeast.

What I read today from Trump Believers - is approval of a dictatorship for Trump (to undo Obama's dictatorship) and suspending the First Amendment until Trump achieves his goals.

Our rights might be in more jeopardy with Trump as king, then they are with the Mao Pantsuit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2016, 08:25:29 pm »
Trump’s love for America is as deep as Clinton’s hate for it. :patriot:

And what has he said or done to back this up?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2016, 08:33:13 pm »

He can say whatever he wants.

By his fruits we will know him, and I don't see fruits that he has any more love or respect for the Constitution than Hildabeast does.

Like The Mao Pantsuit and Bernie, Trump has love for what he feels America should be, not what it was intended to be.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2016, 08:33:27 pm »

Oh, come on TX, don't you know by now that Trump loves America ?  A guy whose campaign slogan is "Make America Great Again" just has to love America.  Believe me!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2016, 08:35:16 pm »
Oh, come on TX, don't you know by now that Trump loves America ?  A guy whose campaign slogan is "Make America Great Again" just has to love America.  Believe me!

Donny owes this guy an apology for stealing his slogan.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!