Author Topic: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already  (Read 34362 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2016, 08:35:30 pm »
Trump’s love for America is as deep as Clinton’s hate for it. :patriot:

Now there may be vast policy differences between Republicans and Democrats, but does it really help your cause to proclaim that our party "loves" America while the other party "hates" it? 

I have friends that vote straight GOP, and others who vote straight Dem.  But I have little doubt that all love America.     

You won't persuade folks to your point of view by impugning their patriotism.  The fact that you do suggests why your panties are in a twist over the NeverTrumps.   Getting into line behind Donald Trump is not a test of patriotism.   I told you why I can't vote for Trump - the man lacks the temperament to be President.   Not one damn thing to do with his patriotism, or Clinton's lack thereof.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2016, 09:28:44 pm »
I get it - you don't like Hillary Clinton.  Neither do I.  So why do you insist on the nomination of the one cat who's even more awful? 

This one's on you, bub.   Clinton will stick to you like glue.

Trump is a far cry better than Clinton. Those who believe otherwise just aren't rational.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Hillary_Clinton_Gun_Control.htm

A-Lert

« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2016, 09:35:51 pm »
Now there may be vast policy differences between Republicans and Democrats, but does it really help your cause to proclaim that our party "loves" America while the other party "hates" it? 

I have friends that vote straight GOP, and others who vote straight Dem.  But I have little doubt that all love America.     

You won't persuade folks to your point of view by impugning their patriotism.  The fact that you do suggests why your panties are in a twist over the NeverTrumps.   Getting into line behind Donald Trump is not a test of patriotism.   I told you why I can't vote for Trump - the man lacks the temperament to be President.   Not one damn thing to do with his patriotism, or Clinton's lack thereof.   

How can you state a  group is patriotic when they support a candidate that wants to limit or remove the rights of law abiding, legal US citizens?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2016, 09:46:36 pm »
Trump is a far cry better than Clinton. Those who believe otherwise just aren't rational.

They're both terrible choices.  Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.  Folks like you force folks like me to have to decide who is less awful. 

Stop your whining and own up to this turd sandwich.  Choke it down yourself, you're gonna make me do it.   
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:47:31 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2016, 09:50:37 pm »
How can you state a  group is patriotic when they support a candidate that wants to limit or remove the rights of law abiding, legal US citizens?

See, that's what I hate about you Trumpsters.   I'm of the view that, policy differences aside, we're all at heart patriotic Americans.  Pluralism defines this nation.   And Trump and his alt-right crazies want to tear us apart.   You and your Mussolini can go pound sand.     
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:52:32 pm by Jazzhead »

A-Lert

« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2016, 09:57:50 pm »
See, that's what I hate about you Trumpsters.   I'm of the view that, policy differences aside, we're all at heart patriotic Americans.  Pluralism defines this nation.  And you flippin' Trumpsters want to tear us apart.   You think it's a matter of patriotism if I don't choke down Trump's turd sandwich.   You and your Mussolini can go pound sand.   

There is no "policy" difference when one candidate supports limiting citizen rights and the other clearly supports citizen rights. Limiting citizen rights isn't policy.

Your childish emoting is pathetic. Grow up.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2016, 10:01:22 pm »
There is no "policy" difference when one candidate supports limiting citizen rights and the other clearly supports citizen rights. Limiting citizen rights isn't policy.

Your childish emoting is pathetic. Grow up.

Went to see the captain, strangest I could find
Laid my proposition down, laid it on the line

I'll not slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
But I will slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools

Garcia/Hunter

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2016, 10:10:43 pm »
Garcia/Hunter

written under the influence, no doubt.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2016, 10:22:11 pm »
There is no "policy" difference when one candidate supports limiting citizen rights and the other clearly supports citizen rights.

Neither the Mao Pantsuit nor Il Duce Trump support the Constitution or the rights we possess that are inalienable.  Neither of them discuss the Constitution.  Both Clinton and Trump view Rights like a buffet - they pick and choose which ones they support if any at all, and the rabid Trump believers have insisted Conservatives must surrender principles "for the greater good".

There is no difference between Clinton or Trump.

One is a Populist Fascist and the other is a Marxist Communist.

BOTH are wannabe Statists and liberty dies under either one of them.

But I will state for the record, it's only the Trump Believers that I have been reading that are calling for the suspension of the First Amendment, suggesting lawsuits for detractors daring to oppose Trump and death to "traitors" who will not bend the knee to Trump.  Have not heard that kind of thing yet from the Hildabeast morons.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:22:55 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

A-Lert

« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2016, 11:48:02 pm »
Neither the Mao Pantsuit nor Il Duce Trump support the Constitution or the rights we possess that are inalienable.  Neither of them discuss the Constitution.  Both Clinton and Trump view Rights like a buffet - they pick and choose which ones they support if any at all, and the rabid Trump believers have insisted Conservatives must surrender principles "for the greater good".

There is no difference between Clinton or Trump.

One is a Populist Fascist and the other is a Marxist Communist.

BOTH are wannabe Statists and liberty dies under either one of them.

But I will state for the record, it's only the Trump Believers that I have been reading that are calling for the suspension of the First Amendment, suggesting lawsuits for detractors daring to oppose Trump and death to "traitors" who will not bend the knee to Trump.  Have not heard that kind of thing yet from the Hildabeast morons.

Those who refuse to acknowledge the obvious differences between Trump and Hillary in regard to the 2nd Amendment alone are either Hillary supporters or just gun control advocates.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2016, 12:26:38 am »
Those who refuse to acknowledge the obvious differences between Trump and Hillary in regard to the 2nd Amendment alone are either Hillary supporters or just gun control advocates.

I'm neither, so pound sand there pal.  I'm as ardent a gun nut as any you will find and just as ardent an anti-Marxist/Communist.

I find increasingly little difference between either Il Duce or Hildabeast, simply different angles in the same Statist direction.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2016, 12:55:10 am »
I'm neither, so pound sand there pal.  I'm as ardent a gun nut as any you will find and just as ardent an anti-Marxist/Communist.

I find increasingly little difference between either Il Duce or Hildabeast, simply different angles in the same Statist direction.

Here's a difference for you.

Trump will appoint "Scalia" like Supreme Court Justices.
Clinton will appoint "Sotomayor" like Supreme Court Justices.

That alone makes them different, and that alone sets them apart in terms of respecting the Constitution. Of course, you're going to say something stupid like "he's lying" or 20 years ago he was a leftist...but none of that changes who he has publicly asserted he will appoint, something he will be held to by the GOP members of congress and his own need for their support. Failure to do so would put him in the old George Bush "No new taxes" position, which is untenable for any president.

Quit rationalizing this "they are the same meme". They are not...in fact, no two things in this universe are "exactly" alike. Which means one is worse than the other...or better...depending on perspective. Claiming its all the same is just a semantic tool that some are using to give themselves permission to help Hillary Clinton. Sad.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:56:55 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2016, 01:09:52 am »

I'm advising you visit your Sensei, INVARsan.

Perhaps, he'll straighten your a$$ out!    :laugh:

Hillary Clinton will eradicate the 2nd Amendment.  It'll be a memory like the Woolworth lunch-counter.

Donald Trump will not.   

In fact, it will be a plank at the convention.  Full protection and every step necessary to maintain the right to bear arms as intended.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2016, 01:59:44 am »
Not at all, Hoodat !   

You're fighting last Summer's battles while we've an election coming in 6 months worth "all the marbles".

Focus on Hillary and let's gitter done!

The only battle worth fighting is the battle to put a Conservative in the White House.  That battle is now lost.  There is no other battle.

As for Hillary, I won't be the one putting her in the White House.  I was the one fighting for Conservatism - the antithesis of Hillary - while Trump supporters advocated for the same philosophy of government as Hillary.  And the Trump supporters get what they fought for - bigger government, further erosion of the Constitution, continued Federal funding of Planned Parenthood, amnesty for deported illegals, and expansion of the power of the Executive Branch.  So from where I stand, it really doesn't matter whether Trump does it or Hillary does it.  The outcome is the same.  The DATS have made their bed.  They can now lie in it.  I will no longer stand in their way.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

A-Lert

« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2016, 02:01:52 am »

Can't take a chance of hitting you in the head.  If you were indeed ardent, you would know how dangerous Hillary is to the 2nd  Amendment.

Trump on concealed carry and reciprocity;

http://concealednation.org/2015/09/trump-lays-down-thoughts-on-concealed-carry-supports-national-reciprocity/

Trump Lays Down Thoughts On Concealed Carry: Supports National Reciprocity

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/18/donald-trump-concealed-carry-right-not-privilege/

Donald Trump: ‘Concealed Carry a Right, Not a Privilege’

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2016, 02:27:12 am »

Trump said he supports the Kelo decision 100%.  Scalia said is is one of the worst Supreme Court decisions in US history, putting it in the same category with Dred Scott and Roe v. Wade.

The only candidate in the race who was totally committed to putting more Scalias on the court was Ted Cruz.  Yet Trump supporters rejected that.  So save your BS about Trump appointing Scalia-like justices.  Because if you really wanted Scalia-like justices, then you never would have voted for Trump in the first place.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2016, 02:29:01 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WjaPs9KHs

Watch this interview and tell me you're not softening in your approach to Donald Trump.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2016, 02:29:16 am »
Trump said he supports the Kelo decision 100%.  Scalia said is is one of the worst Supreme Court decisions in US history, putting it in the same category with Dred Scott and Roe v. Wade.

The only candidate in the race who was totally committed to putting more Scalias on the court was Ted Cruz.  Yet Trump supporters rejected that.  So save your BS about Trump appointing Scalia-like justices.  Because if you really wanted Scalia-like justices, then you never would have voted for Trump in the first place.

goopo

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2016, 02:31:14 am »
Here's a difference for you.

No he won't.  He has already stated that he has no use for Conservatives, will delegate the selection to others, and had very harsh and unkind words about Scalia and his positions as recently as March of this year.

Trump has no clue what Justices actually do.  He actually stated in one of the debates that SCOTUS Justices "Sign Bills" and legislation.

Clinton will appoint "Sotomayor" like Supreme Court Justices.

So will Trump, and possibly worse than Sotomayor.

That alone makes them different, and that alone sets them apart in terms of respecting the Constitution.

Trump never once mentioned the Constitution or it's limits on Federal power and authority in this campaign. He has no more respect for the Constitution than Hillary.  Every time it is brought up in questioning, he waves it off and ignores it for some populist bile that circumvents the question.

none of that changes who he has publicly asserted he will appoint,

None of his current statements (which change daily) changes whom he has publicly funded and supported in the past or whom he has publicly asserted he can work with.  i.e.; Hillary Clinton's campaign and the fawning praise of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid whom he stated emphatically this year that he 'can work with' without any problems.

something he will be held to by the GOP members of congress

The very Party that refused to oppose Obama and his agenda is suddenly going to grow a pair and hold Trump to the fire when he is the most adept at publicly humiliating anyone who does not kiss his ring?  You make me laugh. 

and his own need for their support.

Trump has repeatedly stated he does not need support from Conservatives OR the GOP.

and his own need for their support. Failure to do so would put him in the old George Bush "No new taxes" position, which is untenable for any president.

Trump himself said he could shoot someone on a public street and not lose one supporter.  The Cult of Personality is not going to put Trump into ANY untenable position - same as Obama.

Quit rationalizing this "they are the same meme". They are not...in fact, no two things in this universe are "exactly" alike.

Fine.  Trump is a Populist Fascist and Hildabeast is a Marxist Communist, based on their words and fruits.

BOTH are destructive of liberty and what remains of the Constitution. 

Which means one is worse than the other...or better...depending on perspective. Claiming its all the same is just a semantic tool that some are using to give themselves permission to help Hillary Clinton.

They both suck and pose a direct danger to what remains of our liberty, property and principles.  Trump talks punishment and makes pronouncements about what company can do what where, in the name of the American worker.  The Mao Pantsuit talks punishment and make pronouncements about what individuals can do what where, in the name of the American people.   Two faces of big government without regard to the Constitutional limits on power and authority. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2016, 02:33:57 am »
No he won't.  He has already stated that he has no use for Conservatives, will delegate the selection to others, and had very harsh and unkind words about Scalia and his positions as recently as March of this year.

Trump has no clue what Justices actually do.  He actually stated in one of the debates that SCOTUS Justices "Sign Bills" and legislation.

So will Trump, and possibly worse than Sotomayor.

Trump never once mentioned the Constitution or it's limits on Federal power and authority in this campaign. He has no more respect for the Constitution than Hillary.  Every time it is brought up in questioning, he waves it off and ignores it for some populist bile that circumvents the question.

None of his current statements (which change daily) changes whom he has publicly funded and supported in the past or whom he has publicly asserted he can work with.  i.e.; Hillary Clinton's campaign and the fawning praise of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid whom he stated emphatically this year that he 'can work with' without any problems.

The very Party that refused to oppose Obama and his agenda is suddenly going to grow a pair and hold Trump to the fire when he is the most adept at publicly humiliating anyone who does not kiss his ring?  You make me laugh. 

Trump has repeatedly stated he does not need support from Conservatives OR the GOP.

Trump himself said he could shoot someone on a public street and not lose one supporter.  The Cult of Personality is not going to put Trump into ANY untenable position - same as Obama.

Fine.  Trump is a Populist Fascist and Hildabeast is a Marxist Communist, based on their words and fruits.

BOTH are destructive of liberty and what remains of the Constitution. 

They both suck and pose a direct danger to what remains of our liberty, property and principles.  Trump talks punishment and makes pronouncements about what company can do what where, in the name of the American worker.  The Mao Pantsuit talks punishment and make pronouncements about what individuals can do what where, in the name of the American people.   Two faces of big government without regard to the Constitutional limits on power and authority. 

goopo

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2016, 02:36:29 am »
Can't take a chance of hitting you in the head.  If you were indeed ardent, you would know how dangerous Hillary is to the 2nd  Amendment.

Trump isn't going to 'save' the Second Amendment anymore than he was going to ban Muslim immigration that he just reversed.

The only person who is going to stop Mordor on the Potomac from gutting your right to arms, is you when the time comes.

If you are waiting for a political savior to do it for you via civil means, you have already lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2016, 02:42:59 am »

If you are waiting for a political savior

Funny that's exactly what the neverTrumps seem to be  are waiting for.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2016, 03:08:49 am »
Funny that's exactly what the neverTrumps seem to be  are waiting for.

We're waiting for no one.  We abhor the idea that any man or politician is going to save us.

Some of us recognize that this Republic is gone and that you cannot stop tyranny via civil means.

We took the red pill.

A-Lert

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2016, 03:15:31 am »
We're waiting for no one.  We abhor the idea that any man or politician is going to save us.

Some of us recognize that this Republic is gone and that you cannot stop tyranny via civil means.

We took the red pill.

Well then get off your high horse and take action. Remember you're the tough guy who told me to pound sand.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2016, 03:29:55 am »
Well then get off your high horse and take action.

When the time comes, I'll be ready.

Remember you're the tough guy who told me to pound sand.

I did.  I do not require your help, and I doubt I would trust it in the first place.