Author Topic: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already  (Read 34172 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2016, 01:59:48 am »
We've now crossed into a form of media even less reliable than the National Enquirer—YOUTUBE VIDEOS!  :silly:
Cant fix willful blindness....
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2016, 02:03:30 am »
Would settle for him to just read and internalize these papers.

Truth does matter, which is why only fools put their trust in a man whose main negotiating tactic is feeding his marks "truthful hyperbole" - more truthfully known as lies - and ignore his long history of liberalism. 

As far as position papers go, they're like plagiarized term papers: a dime a dozen on the Internet.  Does anyone seriously think he actually wrote those things, or even significantly contributed to them?  I don't, and I don't see any objective evidence that says otherwise.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2016, 02:07:24 am »
You can say he doesn't support all you want. Does that make you an idiot?

Trump policy papers. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
Aww, come on A-Lert! And we were getting along so well earlier.
Piece of advice from a CruzBot, don't call the people you need to win over to win the presidency "idiots".
It just doesn't work out to your benefit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2016, 02:07:46 am »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2016, 02:51:33 am »
An idiot? The candidate who supports the 2nd Amendment, our military and secure borders?

This would be the same Donald Trump who expressed in his book The America We Deserve his support for an assault weapons ban and a longer waiting period on firearms purchases.  The same Donald Trump who dissed our hard-won victory in Iraq and the President who achieved it instead of laying the blame on the President who gave it all away.  The same Donald Trump who wants to build a wall on our Southern border, and then allow deported illegals to bypass it as they are expedited right back into the US.  This would be the same Donald Trump who referred to Mitt Romney's plan to cut off all freebies to illegals as "mean-spirited".

There is a yuge gap between what someone other than Donald Trump posted on Donald Trump's campaign website and what Donald Trump has actually said.  I will go by what Trump has actually said instead of by what you wish he had said.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2016, 03:12:37 am »
An idiot? The candidate who supports the 2nd Amendment, our military and secure borders?   :thud:

Gee...I'm going to really go out on a limb here ...he's an idiot because he lacks all credibility.  Supports are military?  Are you serious on this one??  Trump stated (and I quote) "The Military Would Not Refuse My Orders Even If They Consider Them Illegal". Trump stated on the 2nd Amendment (and I quote) ... "I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun".  Trump stated on building the wall (and I quote) " ...“softening” his stance on immigration at the GOP Debate hosted by the Fox News in Detroit. He is an idiot because he continues to flip-flop on every issue.  Secondly he's and idiot because he is trying to persuade people that he's not a liberal.  I'd attach the laughing caricature, but it really isn't funny in the least. Trump is unfit to be Commander in Chief.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-the-military-would-not-refuse-my-orders-even-if-they-consider-them-illegal/

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/donald-trump#article-13

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/117770/20160308/immigration-reform-news-donald-trump-softens-tone-on-h1-b-visas-and-immigration-video.htm
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2016, 04:00:58 am »
Aww, come on A-Lert! And we were getting along so well earlier.
Piece of advice from a CruzBot, don't call the people you need to win over to win the presidency "idiots".
It just doesn't work out to your benefit.

I didn't call anyone an idiot. I asked a question in response to an allegation.  . You can say he doesn't support all you want. Does that make you an idiot?

A-Lert

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2016, 04:32:21 am »
This would be the same Donald Trump who expressed in his book The America We Deserve his support for an assault weapons ban and a longer waiting period on firearms purchases.

Written how many years ago??

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/anti-gun-control-rally-albany-brings-trump-article-1.1742627

The same Donald Trump who dissed our hard-won victory in Iraq and the President who achieved it instead of laying the blame on the President who gave it all away.

Got a link?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/02/20/fact-check-donald-trump-iraq-war/80657524/

The same Donald Trump who wants to build a wall on our Southern border, and then allow deported illegals to bypass it as they are expedited right back into the US

Got a link?

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/07/30/trump-deport-illegals-but-expedite-the-return-of-the-good-ones-for-legal-status/

This would be the same Donald Trump who referred to Mitt Romney's plan to cut off all freebies to illegals as "mean-spirited".

Got a link?

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/12/trump-romneys-self-deportation-policy-was-mean-spirited-doesnt-support-restricting-legal-immigration-further/

There is a yuge gap between what someone other than Donald Trump posted on Donald Trump's campaign website and what Donald Trump has actually said.  I will go by what Trump has actually said instead of by what you wish he had said.

There is a big difference in what you posted and what is at the links I posted.
[/quote]

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2016, 04:37:15 am »
I didn't call anyone an idiot. I asked a question in response to an allegation.  . You can say he doesn't support all you want. Does that make you an idiot?
Okay, but the poster called Trump an idiot, and you asked the poster if that made them an idiot.
Candidates, in general, are idiots. Why else would they subject themselves and their families to this madness? Ego, as well, I suppose.
We disagree on the nominees, which all need a reality check.

A-Lert

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2016, 04:44:05 am »

Gee...I'm going to really go out on a limb here ...he's an idiot because he lacks all credibility.  Supports are military?  Are you serious on this one??  Trump stated (and I quote) "The Military Would Not Refuse My Orders Even If They Consider Them Illegal". Trump stated on the 2nd Amendment (and I quote) ... "I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun".  Trump stated on building the wall (and I quote) " ...“softening” his stance on immigration at the GOP Debate hosted by the Fox News in Detroit. He is an idiot because he continues to flip-flop on every issue.  Secondly he's and idiot because he is trying to persuade people that he's not a liberal.  I'd attach the laughing caricature, but it really isn't funny in the least. Trump is unfit to be Commander in Chief.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-the-military-would-not-refuse-my-orders-even-if-they-consider-them-illegal/

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/donald-trump#article-13

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/117770/20160308/immigration-reform-news-donald-trump-softens-tone-on-h1-b-visas-and-immigration-video.htm

Your gun quote was from 16 years ago, but you knew that, didn't you?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/anti-gun-control-rally-albany-brings-trump-article-1.1742627

Anti-gun control rally in Albany brings out Donald Trump to oppose SAFE Act, Cuomo
Donald Trump said New York was in 'big trouble' because of 'bloated government, corruption' while slamming Gov. Cuomo's gun control measures passed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2016, 04:46:19 am »
Your gun quote was from 16 years ago, but you knew that, didn't you?

Anti-gun control rally in Albany brings out Donald Trump to oppose SAFE Act, Cuomo
Donald Trump said New York was in 'big trouble' because of 'bloated government, corruption' while slamming Gov. Cuomo's gun control measures passed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn.

Like the Quran, the later Trump verses abrogate the earlier Trump verses.

A-Lert

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2016, 04:49:38 am »
Okay, but the poster called Trump an idiot, and you asked the poster if that made them an idiot.
Candidates, in general, are idiots. Why else would they subject themselves and their families to this madness? Ego, as well, I suppose.
We disagree on the nominees, which all need a reality check.

It is pointless and childish  to insult and call Republican  party candidates names. I can disagree without name calling and insults. If Hillary Clinton gains the White House, we all lose.

A-Lert

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2016, 04:52:26 am »
Like the Quran, the later Trump verses abrogate the earlier Trump verses.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Quran and don't plan to be in the future.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2016, 04:56:29 am »
To insult Trump is to insult his voters.
Many of the Trump voters are like their candidate in that they are easily insulted.
I'm NeverTrump and could care less what other's opinion of that stance is.

"I'm NeverTrump and could care less what other's opinion of that stance is."
Exactly.  I do not care what others do, I'm not voting for Trump.  It appears it is an "insult" to Trump and his supporters to vote your conscience and not vote for him.  When did this start?  In other elections, we have not heard we are insulting people if we don't vote like they do.  Trump started this crap by saying, "He is not fair to me; they are not fair to me; it is not fair to me; Cruz is not fair to me; Fox is not fair to me; CNN is not fair to me; the press is not fair to me; debates are not fair to me; my whole life everyone is not fair to me."  I will sue you because you are not fair to me."  Really, I cannot stand this baby Trump.

"Many of the Trump voters are like their candidate in that they are easily insulted."
Exactly.  They have taken on the personality of Trump who will do his best to hurt anyone who has a criticism about him.  I cannot stand this baby Trump.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2016, 06:43:13 am »
"I'm NeverTrump and could care less what other's opinion of that stance is."
Exactly.  I do not care what others do, I'm not voting for Trump. It appears it is an "insult" to Trump and his supporters to vote your conscience and not vote for him.  When did this start?  In other elections, we have not heard we are insulting people if we don't vote like they do.  Trump started this crap by saying, "He is not fair to me; they are not fair to me; it is not fair to me; Cruz is not fair to me; Fox is not fair to me; CNN is not fair to me; the press is not fair to me; debates are not fair to me; my whole life everyone is not fair to me."  I will sue you because you are not fair to me."  Really, I cannot stand this baby Trump.

"Many of the Trump voters are like their candidate in that they are easily insulted."
Exactly.  They have taken on the personality of Trump who will do his best to hurt anyone who has a criticism about him.  I cannot stand this baby Trump.

We run a bit different than other forums. We try not to insult members when posting replies.

General references are fine, but some posters get sneaky, so just try and be respectful here. I Know it is hard during this tense election season

We prefer members police themselves/each other.  It works well here under normal circumstances

We do understand with the large influx of new members, it is a different environment and you all need time to settle in. So we are not as strict with the rules, until we see something.

Unlike JR, we actually like our members to stay with us :patriot: :laugh:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2016, 06:59:33 am »
It appears
it is an "insult" to Trump and his supporters to vote your conscience and not vote for him.  When did this
start?  In other elections, we have not heard we are insulting people if we don't vote like they do.

I have no more love for Donaldus Minimus than you do. But the idea that it insult's a candidate's (or a
president's) supporters merely because you despise the candidate (or president) didn't begin with
portions of the Trump sycophancy. And it probably won't end with them, so long as this country
for the most part is damn fool enough to continue partaking of what Gene Healy called (in the title
and gravamen of his book) The Cult of the Presidency.

I heard, in various places and from various people, it was thus insulting his sycophancy to reject
Droopy Drawers Clinton, as a candidate and as a president. I heard it was thus insulting his sycophancy
to reject President Lips II as a candidate and as a president. I heard it was thus insulting his sycophancy
to reject His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-
Have-Been-Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, as a candidate and as
a president. Set Donaldus Minimus to one side, and you may well find in enough places that it is thus
insulting her sycophancy to reject Hilarious Rodent Clinton, as a candidate and as a prospective
president.

It is just one of a number of cheap rhetorical devices intended not to stimulate but to stifle debate and
discourse. It ought to be ignored. Permanently.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2016, 07:21:39 am »
Making rational thoughtful educated arguments will do more good than stooping the the Trump-like name calling. Didn't you mom ever tell you to play nice?

People tend to emulate their heroes.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2016, 11:48:06 am »
We run a bit different than other forums. We try not to insult members when posting replies.

General references are fine, but some posters get sneaky, so just try and be respectful here. I Know it is hard during this tense election season

We prefer members police themselves/each other.  It works well here under normal circumstances

We do understand with the large influx of new members, it is a different environment and you all need time to settle in. So we are not as strict with the rules, until we see something.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2016, 12:41:08 pm »

And no one is asked to "donate" any money, unless of course Repub needs some new Prada sneakers.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2016, 01:31:01 pm »
If Hillary Clinton gains the White House, we all lose.
Agree with the direct assumption that Hillary is bad. BUT, the assumption that if one doesn't vote for Trump, Hillary wins, is not entirely true. Only if one assumes the electorate is stupid and will only vote between those two.

Trump couldn't get over 50% of the vote until only 1 candidate remained, and even with only him remaining only got 61 and 76 percent. So that leaves a yuge void on the conservative side.

Hillary and Bernie are almost splitting 90% of the Dems, leaving 10% or so that don't like either. Like the Trumpers and never Trumpers, Bernie supporters don't like Hillery and vice versa.

The point is, there is a huge void, probably 50% or so of the combined electorate, that can be filled by another candidate. If Bernie decides to run as an independant because he feels slighted by the Superdelegates, Hillary has the same problem as Trump. If she doesn't get indicted first.

This election is prime for the start of a multi party system vs only a two party system.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »
And no one is asked to "donate" any money, unless of course Repub needs some new Prada sneakers.
She must be buying her sneakers at the same place as Madame Obama.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2016, 03:54:00 pm »

I didn't know there was such a thing until I did a search.  Amazon has them, starting around $300.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

A-Lert

« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2016, 07:48:13 pm »
Agree with the direct assumption that Hillary is bad. BUT, the assumption that if one doesn't vote for Trump, Hillary wins, is not entirely true. Only if one assumes the electorate is stupid and will only vote between those two.

Trump couldn't get over 50% of the vote until only 1 candidate remained, and even with only him remaining only got 61 and 76 percent. So that leaves a yuge void on the conservative side.

Hillary and Bernie are almost splitting 90% of the Dems, leaving 10% or so that don't like either. Like the Trumpers and never Trumpers, Bernie supporters don't like Hillery and vice versa.

The point is, there is a huge void, probably 50% or so of the combined electorate, that can be filled by another candidate. If Bernie decides to run as an independant because he feels slighted by the Superdelegates, Hillary has the same problem as Trump. If she doesn't get indicted first.

This election is prime for the start of a multi party system vs only a two party system.

Ross Perot?

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2016, 10:13:33 pm »

Ross Perot?
He did pretty good for running as an independent. Imagine what someone could do with an alternative party help that has organizations in all the states.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

A-Lert

« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2016, 10:21:57 pm »
He did pretty good for running as an independent. Imagine what someone could do with an alternative party help that has organizations in all the states.

Yes, I can imagine......a distant third.