Author Topic: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already  (Read 34360 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2016, 06:00:04 pm »
Sink don't worry about it, some folks seem to be suffering an extreme case of preTrumpsal derangement syndrome (PTDS) need to regard them with extreme caution during the election season...

And we do.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:04:30 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2016, 06:05:58 pm »
I'm not fan of Trump, but....

Saying that Trump won't appoint conservative justices isn't accurate.

Speaking at the construction site for his new hotel in Washington, D.C., Monday, Trump said he will make a list public in the next week of 10 conservative judges that he would consider nominating to the Supreme Court. If elected, Trump said, he would only pick from that list, which is being made in consultation with the conservative Heritage Foundation...

Now, nobody can guarantee that Trump will pick someone like that, but nobody also can guarantee -- as you did -- that there's no way Trump would pick a conservative.  I suppose it might be accurate to say that he won't pick "another Scalia" because Scalia was a once in a century conservative legal thinker, and their isn't "another Scalia" out there.  But certainly, based on what he's said, the odds of him picking a good judicial conservative are infinitely higher than that of Hillary doing so.

You're cherry-picking.  He criticized one particular decision.  He was wrong to do so, but that's the kind of mistake a lot of lay people make on issues like that one.  And he's made other, very positive statements about Scalia.

I appreciate the correction, however I will remain skeptical because what Trump says, and what he will actually do in terms of picking a Conservative is a complete unknown.  Then there's McConnell's Senate, whom I am also convinced will never confirm a Conservative and will side with the Democrats.   I'm not hopeful Trump will appoint actual Originalist Justices given his admission that all of his statements are just 'suggestions' as he walks back several key positions that rocketed him to popularity.

I expect the worst, and welcome being surprised - but I have no hope or expectation that will be the case with Trump.

The most damning trait is his penchant to publicly humiliate and turn mobs of people against whomever he chooses.  That is beyond dangerous.

The Mao Pantsuit does it too, but Trump beats the entire Leftist Spectrum with his natural ability to incite a mob to rage and action.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2016, 06:06:02 pm »
Sure. But you don't get to say who is part of TBR.  If you can be here, supporting Trump, we ought to throw open the doors to just about anybody.

Of course not.  But I do get to understand why folks are here.  There's certainly no harm in that. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2016, 06:06:54 pm »
It's a forum of conservatives.  Since you support Trump, you ought to be wondering where you fit.

Come on now....you know good and well RIV is a conservative....just because she chose Trump doesn't make her any less one...it is simply her choice.

And for the zillionth time TBR is open to ALL the factions of the Repub Party....and several 3rd Partys
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2016, 06:10:10 pm »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2016, 06:11:23 pm »
It's not a pro-Hillary forum.  It's not a pro-Trump forum.

It's a forum of conservatives.  Since you support Trump, you ought to be wondering where you fit.

Since no conservative could support Hillary Clinton, RIV is clearly correct about the troll. Its simple...and as this is a GOP site, why would anyone defend having a Hillary supporter here trolling?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2016, 06:13:09 pm »
Come on now....you know good and well RIV is a conservative....just because she chose Trump doesn't make her any less one...it is simply her choice.

And for the zillionth time TBR is open to ALL the factions of the Repub Party....and several 3rd Partys

My response was to RIV's questioning of another posters bona fides.  Besides, Trump has said, this week, that he's not a conservative.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2016, 06:15:39 pm »
Since no conservative could support Hillary Clinton, RIV is clearly correct about the troll. Its simple...and as this is a GOP site, why would anyone defend having a Hillary supporter here trolling?

He's not a troll.  He's been here almost as long as you have. 

This is NOT a GOP site.  And, even if it were, some GOP members have said they'll vote for Hillary.

I would invite Mystery-ak to correct your misunderstanding.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »
It is not a GOP site..we have nothing to do with the GOP.

TBR was founded under Reagan's Big Tent policy...all opinions [except liberal] are welcome here.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Wingnut

« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2016, 06:27:20 pm »

Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2016, 06:40:55 pm »

One is not a "Hillary supporter" merely because one opposes Trump.    If you care to have a dialogue about why a conservative would in good conscience oppose Trump, then let's have at it.  But this slander that we're trolls and Hillary "supporters" is dishonest propaganda and, yeah, that's a quality shared by your Dear Leader.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2016, 06:47:14 pm »

TBR was founded under Reagan's Big Tent policy...all opinions [except liberal] are welcome here.

Ahhhh…good.  That settles that.

I'm taking my shoes off and hanging the hat up on the rack.  I see the fridge is stocked up pretty good and we have all kinds of folks over for a party.

You know you are in a good place when you can say "Let's talk about the rule of law" and everyone can chime in a positive Constitutional and Founder-oriented viewpoint on that subject.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2016, 06:52:56 pm »

Supporting Hillary IS a liberal opinion...so...and no real conservative could ever vote for her over any GOP nominee...so I'll be glad to go with the "its a conservative" sight phrase rather than a GOP one.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2016, 07:04:45 pm »
Supporting Hillary IS a liberal opinion...so...and no real conservative could ever vote for her over any GOP nominee...so I'll be glad to go with the "its a conservative" sight phrase rather than a GOP one.

No one here supports Hilary...but I am gonna let you say that without repercussions as this site does not ban for stating your opinion unlike others.

Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2016, 07:09:30 pm »
No one here supports Hilary...but I am gonna let you say that without repercussions as this site does not ban for stating your opinion unlike others.

In FACT there are people here now, that repeatedly say they will vote for Hillary.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2016, 07:09:56 pm »

At least do a Sister Mary Stigmata on him like back when we were in school.  I know you have a ruler?
Make him fear the Penguin!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2016, 07:13:19 pm »

Trump supports Planned Parenthood, tax increases, is anti-free trade, for hamstringing the media through restricting 1st Amendment rights, and  believes George W. Bush lied us into the  Iraq War.   These are all liberal positions.  Why should supporting Trump not also be a liberal opinion?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2016, 07:13:51 pm »

**nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2016, 07:16:57 pm »
Trump supports Planned Parenthood, tax increases, is anti-free trade, for hamstringing the media through restricting 1st Amendment rights, and  believes George W. Bush lied us into the  Iraq War.   These are all liberal positions.  Why should supporting Trump not also be a liberal opinion?

True that  :beer:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

A-Lert

« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »

I could never vote for a man like this.

NSS! Post something we haven't seen repeatedly.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2016, 07:21:05 pm »

**nononono*

I hear there are a few slots open over at TOS.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2016, 07:23:32 pm »
At least do a Sister Mary Stigmata on him like back when we were in school.  I know you have a ruler?
Make him fear the Penguin!

The nuns in my school used pointers.....only the nun in typing class used a ruler.....ouch!
Support the USO

Wingnut

« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2016, 07:23:57 pm »
I hear there are a few slots open over at TOS.

If you got your mind "right" that is. 

Wingnut

« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2016, 07:27:21 pm »
The nuns in my school used pointers.....only the nun in typing class used a ruler.....ouch!

Oh yeah.  Forgot about those.  Repressed memory on the pointers.

:pondering:

A-Lert

« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2016, 07:30:13 pm »
One is not a "Hillary supporter" merely because one opposes Trump.    If you care to have a dialogue about why a conservative would in good conscience oppose Trump, then let's have at it.  But this slander that we're trolls and Hillary "supporters" is dishonest propaganda and, yeah, that's a quality shared by your Dear Leader.     

Not supporting Trump and claiming you'll vote for Hillary certainly calls into question  your party affiliation, your common sense and patriotism.