Author Topic: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already  (Read 34269 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2016, 03:41:33 am »
We're waiting for no one.  We abhor the idea that any man or politician is going to save us.

Some of us recognize that this Republic is gone and that you cannot stop tyranny via civil means.

We took the red pill.

Ah, but the red pill sends you down Alice's rabbit hole.  Seems you've already left.

Here you are, rather than voting for Donald Trump...because it upsets your "principles"...are fully expecting to go Mr. Weaver on us and get your a$$ shot off.

Nice....... :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2016, 04:12:21 am »
Ah, but the red pill sends you down Alice's rabbit hole.  Seems you've already left.

You stayed in the Matrix, believing whatever you want to believe.

Here you are, rather than voting for Donald Trump...because it upsets your "principles"...are fully expecting to go Mr. Weaver on us and get your a$$ shot off.

I fully expect you to bow down to tyranny and lick the boots of your masters because you convinced yourself it was patriotic.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2016, 04:25:10 am »
You stayed in the Matrix, believing whatever you want to believe.

I fully expect you to bow down to tyranny and lick the boots of your masters because you convinced yourself it was patriotic.

Buddy...I sure it doesn't come to that.

I'm retired..70 end of of August.   I don't give a damn myself.   But I realize we all owe it to our children and grandchildren who we've sworn to protect.

If I were a younger man, I'd be right there with you.

In the meantime, you've got nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain by voting for Trump.  You can practice at the range and in the mountains and get ready just in case.

What's the saying?   "Better a soldier on a farmer's field, than a farmer on the battlefield."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:26:16 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2016, 05:52:07 am »
I can sympathize, to a point. I never liked Trump. I'm still suspicious of his motives. But, even keeping that in mind, I can't imagine Trump would be worse than Hillary Clinton. With Trump, there will be much more opposition to his agenda, and he's an unknown quantity. A narcissistic, obnoxious, unknown quantity.

Hillary is a known quantity. A lying, manipulative, power hungry Marxist.

I have to go with Trump.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/Smileys/default/thud.gifI love America more than I hate trump  so I gotta vote that way

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2016, 01:13:45 pm »
Buddy...I sure it doesn't come to that.

I'm retired..70 end of of August.   I don't give a damn myself.   But I realize we all owe it to our children and grandchildren who we've sworn to protect.

If I were a younger man, I'd be right there with you.

In the meantime, you've got nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain by voting for Trump.  You can practice at the range and in the mountains and get ready just in case.

What's the saying?   "Better a soldier on a farmer's field, than a farmer on the battlefield."

I'm in almost the exact same place age wise and that is EXACTLY why I will NEVER vote for Trump! 

It boils down to this. You swallow everything Donald Trump says whole and I believe not a word of what he says. Irreconcilable!

I hope I'm still around when you wake up from this fairytale you are currently living in!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:19:51 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2016, 01:21:57 pm »
That is absolute crap right there, and honestly, it's the kind of argument that really pisses me off because it is so damn disingenuous.

So it is entirely possible to insult/despise Trump without insulting/despising everyone who decides to vote for the guy.  I can't believe anyone is either 1) dumb enough, or 2) dishonest enough, to make that argument with a straight face.  And on top of that, it also means that everyone who insulted any other candidate during the primary was also insulting the voters who supported that candidate.  Hogwash.  Talk about a "safe-space" bit of whining....

Well put.  This is the first election that I recall reading I am insulting a voter if I don't agree with his/her choice.  Shades of snowflakes.  Their "feelings" are "hurt" if I prefer another candidate or no candidate for that office?  The people who think that have picked up on the campus "safe places" where one can go to be with others exactly like them.  I don't care who votes for "x".  I also don't know of any of my friends who are voting for Trump, except for one.  One family member wants Bernie and that has nothing to do with our love for that person. 

Now, Trump speaks of love all the time - they "love" me, I "love" them.  Perhaps this is why this mushy feeling of "If you don't vote for Trump, you don't love me" started.  It's an election, for goodness sake, vote for whomever you want, that's it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2016, 02:27:10 pm »
I fully understand the political lesson of the Trump ascendancy.   Republicans like myself prioritize economic growth and entitlement/regulatory reform,  and are sympathetic (in the pursuit of economic growth) to comprehensive immigration reform and freer trade.  Republicans like myself favor consumers, not workers.   Trump supporters are a breed of conservative that hasn't been in vogue lately - protectionist,  mercantilist,  nativist,  perfectly willing to sacrifice economic growth to protect existing workers and their jobs.   

I get it -  in 2016, protectionist, nationalist conservatism has won, and growth-oriented internationalist  conservatism has lost.   If that were all this were about,  I'd accept the verdict of the voters and support the nominee,  even as I disagree profoundly on the merits of a return to Smoot Hawley and Charles Lindbergh.   

This is all about Trump the man.   He's not fit to be President.   His unmoored amorality, his temperament,  his narcissism,  his willingness to cynically exploit prejudice and fear, fundamentally disqualify him to serve as President.   Simply put, Trump the man is dangerous.   So dangerous that I am compelled to vote for his opponent, while choking down tears.   

Why is a pragmatic seen-it-all conservative, one who's always preached party solidarity,  NeverTrump?     It's because I've seen Trump's type throughout history.   It's a road we cannot go down, lest we perish.   Adopt some of Trump's themes, folks, if we must,  but Trump the man must be rejected as a candidate for President.     
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:42:58 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2016, 02:36:46 pm »
I fully understand the political lesson of the Trump ascendancy.   Republicans like myself prioritize economic growth and entitlement/regulatory reform,  and are sympathetic (in the pursuit of economic growth) to comprehensive immigration reform and freer trade.  Republicans like myself favor consumers, not workers.   Trump supporters are a breed of conservative that hasn't been in vogue lately - protectionist,  mercantilist,  nativist,  perfectly willing to sacrifice economic growth to protect existing workers.   

I get it -  in 2016, protectionist, nationalist conservatism has won, and growth-oriented internationalist  conservatism has lost.   If that were all this were about,  I'd accept the verdict of the voters and support the nominee,  even as I disagree profoundly on the merits of a return to Smoot Hawley and Charles Lindbergh.   

This is all about Trump the man.   He's not fit to be President.   His unmoored amorality, his temperament,  his narcissism,  his willingness to cynically exploit prejudice and fear, simply disqualify him to serve as President.   Simply put, Trump the man is dangerous.   So dangerous that I am compelled to vote for his opponent, while choking down tears.   

Why is a pragmatic seen-it-all conservative, one who's always preached party solidarity,  NeverTrump?     It's because I've seen Trump's type throughout history.   It's a road we cannot go down, lest we perish.   Adopt some of Trump's themes, folks, if we must,  but Trump the man must be rejected as a candidate for President.   

I will not vote for Hillary.  But, you're right.  This has nothing to do with Trump's policies because he's demonstrating that they're all negotiable. All of them.

But Trump the man is a demogogic, amoral man who welcomes the support of the alt-right (a movement chocked full of racists, religious bigots, and anarchists), and is being revealed as psychologically unhinged.

I could never vote for a man like this.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »
I will not vote for Hillary.  But, you're right.  This has nothing to do with Trump's policies because he's demonstrating that they're all negotiable. All of them.

But Trump the man is a demogogic, amoral man who welcomes the support of the alt-right (a movement chocked full of racists, religious bigots, and anarchists), and is being revealed as psychologically unhinged.

I could never vote for a man like this.

I won't vote for Hiliary in November  as long as the vote up here is not close and will vote for Conservatives down ticket. However if Montana is in play as I suspect it will be I'll hold my nose and vote for her to StopTrump

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2016, 04:04:30 pm »
I won't vote for Hiliary in November  as long as the vote up here is not close and will vote for Conservatives down ticket. However if Montana is in play as I suspect it will be I'll hold my nose and vote for her to StopTrump

Another democrat troll found his way here.  How nice. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2016, 04:06:53 pm »

You may be on the wrong forum. I can give you the link to TOS if you need it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2016, 04:07:11 pm »

He's not a Democrat; he's a disgusted Republican and there are more of us than you realize.

"That's my daughter. She's hot isn't she? Really hot."  Lee found his remarks inappropriate; Ivanka was 16.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:07:44 pm by sinkspur »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2016, 04:39:11 pm »

Congratulations, you are the first to call me a troll here, I'd almost forgotten FR and how in nearly every post someone was called a troll, I do appreciate the fact that you are trying to make me feel at home ...... :yawn2:

« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2016, 04:53:50 pm »
Congratulations, you are the first to call me a troll here, I'd almost forgotten FR and how in nearly every post someone was called a troll, I do appreciate the fact that you are trying to make me feel at home ......

Convince me why someone who is telling me he will vote for Hillary Clinton should feel at home here and I'll welcome you to the family with open arms.   Thanks.

Quote from: montanajoe on Today at 11:00:58 AM

Wingnut

« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2016, 04:56:40 pm »

Lucy, 'splain to me why.... (since your boy Trump won) are his supporters so butt hurt and defensive?  Are you frightened that support of the Great Orange one has now suddenly gotten real and will have unintended consequences..... for the worse.   

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2016, 05:01:31 pm »
Convince me why someone who is telling me he will vote for Hillary Clinton should feel at home here and I'll welcome you to the family with open arms.   Thanks.

Why don't you leave people the hell alone?

You,of all people, don't get to say who's in the family and who's not.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2016, 05:25:02 pm »

Sink don't worry about it, some folks seem to be suffering an extreme case of preTrumpsal derangement syndrome (PTDS) need to regard them with extreme caution during the election season... :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:25:38 pm by montanajoe »

« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2016, 05:31:29 pm »

When you practice what you preach, I'll consider it.

« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2016, 05:32:52 pm »
You,of all people, don't get to say who's in the family and who's not.

Why is that, Sink?

« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2016, 05:34:53 pm »
Lucy, 'splain to me why.... (since your boy Trump won) are his supporters so butt hurt and defensive?  Are you frightened that support of the Great Orange one has now suddenly gotten real and will have unintended consequences..... for the worse.

I simply want to know if this forum is now a pro-Hillary forum.

It's a reasonable question and deserves a respectful response.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2016, 05:38:15 pm »
Why is that, Sink?

It's a big family.  And you ain't mama.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2016, 05:39:39 pm »
I simply want to know if this forum is now a pro-Hillary forum.

It's a reasonable question and deserves a respectful response.

It's not a pro-Hillary forum.  It's not a pro-Trump forum.

It's a forum of conservatives.  Since you support Trump, you ought to be wondering where you fit.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2016, 05:48:09 pm »

Do you realize that the second most guarded Trump Camp secret (behind taxes) is the NYT Off the Record Interview from last year.  Trump is hell bent on making sure zero of that is leaked.  You know why? ..... my bet is that It is because he admits that much of his populist bluster is an act, and that he will return to a very central political theme.  He can not let it out that he has basically conducted the biggest duping of the electorate in American History.  So I ask you, is it worth the GOP being blamed for what will be a Hitlerly Lite administration?  This Trojan Horse will be a disaster.   #NEVEREVEREVERTRUMP
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2016, 05:57:07 pm »
It's a big family.  And you ain't mama.

So I have a right to my opinion and the responsibility to share it.  Yes?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2016, 05:58:36 pm »
So I have a right to my opinion and the responsibility to share it.  Yes?

Sure. But you don't get to say who is part of TBR.  If you can be here, supporting Trump, we ought to throw open the doors to just about anybody.