Author Topic: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already  (Read 34183 times)

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2016, 11:15:11 pm »
Trump and Hillary combined are only marginally getting under 50% of the primary votes. that leaves OVER 50% to go elsewhere.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2016, 11:58:59 pm »
I think if the Trump cult could convince us they're aren't just an angry mob..maybe actually show some disapproval for some of the more outrageous things he does that definately are NOT Presidential...we'd feel a lot better.

But we can't even get the Trump cult to even tell us where he stands on Constitutional issues and critical policy issues.

When I begin to hear people - people who have for years professed themselves to be Conservatives - suddenly defend federal funding for Planned Parenthood and voice agreement for the Kelo decision simply because Donald Trump supports them, then I know that we as a nation have completely fallen out of God's grace.

Pharaoh had one chance, after which his heart was hardened.  America's chances may have run out.  The spirit of deception expands its hold over this nation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2016, 12:54:06 am »
When I begin to hear people - people who have for years professed themselves to be Conservatives - suddenly defend federal funding for Planned Parenthood and voice agreement for the Kelo decision simply because Donald Trump supports them, then I know that we as a nation have completely fallen out of God's grace.

Pharaoh had one chance, after which his heart was hardened.  America's chances may have run out.  The spirit of deception expands its hold over this nation.

Have a nice day!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2016, 06:36:03 am »
Non-sequitur.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2016, 07:18:33 am »
And no one is asked to "donate" any money, unless of course Repub needs some new Prada sneakers.

LOL!!! Well the ones you bought me for Christmas, fell apart! They were fake!!! :tongue2:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »
Non-sequitur.

Not at all, @Hoodat !   

You're fighting last Summer's battles while we've an election coming in 6 months worth "all the marbles".

Focus on Hillary and let's gitter done!   :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2016, 12:42:34 pm »
Not at all, @Hoodat !   

You're fighting last Summer's battles while we've an election coming in 6 months worth "all the marbles".

Focus on Hillary and let's gitter done!   :laugh:

You backed the wrong horse to defeat Hillary.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »
I think if the Trump cult could convince us they're aren't just an angry mob..maybe actually show some disapproval for some of the more outrageous things he does that definately are NOT Presidential...we'd feel a lot better.

But we can't even get the Trump cult to even tell us where he stands on Constitutional issues and critical policy issues.

Agreed.
Trump has to be specific on policy and stick to it.
Every politician in my lifetime has said they will get rid of "waste, fraud, and abuse". Cruz had specific agencies to cut. Trump needs to do something similar.
Insulting critics has lead to Trump supporters insulting those who had previously backed his critics. Trump, like all human being, is be no means perfect, and he should be scrutinized (vetted) by the voters, without fear of insults from Trump or his followers.We would ask the same of anyone.
Conventions are where the party does its cheer-leading. It is where you make the case for your candidate and try to unify the party around that candidate.
It took me until the convention to get behind both McCain and Romney. Their supporters didn't come out and demand my acquiescence 2 months before.
Give it time. We have 2 months before the convention and 6 months before the election.
Brow beating me into submission, with fears of Clinton/Obama 2.0 won't help.
Believe me, I know what is at stake here, as well as anyone else does.
This is not my first day at rodeo.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:29:21 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2016, 01:23:19 pm »
You backed the wrong horse to defeat Hillary.

Well, we're going to find out, aren't we?   :patriot:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2016, 01:25:01 pm »
Agreed.
Trump has to be specific on policy and stick to it.
Every politician in my lifetime has said they will get rid of "waste, fraud, and abuse". Cruz had specific agencies to cut. Trump needs to do something similar.
Insulting critics has lead to Trump supporters insulting those who had previously backed his critics. Trump, like all human being, is be no means perfect, and he should be scrutinized (vetted) by the voters, without fear of insults from Trump or his followers.We would ask the same of anyone.
Conventions are where the party does its cheer-leading. It is where you make the case for your candidate and try to unify the party around that candidate.
It took me until the convention to get behind both McCain and Romney. Their supports didn't come out and demand my acquiescence 2 months before.
Give it time. We have 2 months before the convention and 6 months before the election.
Brow beating me into submission, with fears of Clinton/Obama 2.0 won't help.
Believe me, I know what is at stake here, as well as anyone else does.
This is not my first day at rodeo.

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2016, 01:50:20 pm »

Heads they (the establishment) wins tails we lose!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2016, 01:52:35 pm »
I am #NeverTrump because Trump is #NeverConservative

Offline Relic

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2016, 02:05:21 pm »
I am #NeverTrump because Trump is #NeverConservative

Let me ask, did you support Romney? Did you support McCain?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2016, 02:32:43 pm »

When you say that I feel like I'm in a weird time warp back to when Pelosi said 'we have to pass it to find out what's in it."...except this time it's more like "we have to elect him to find out what he's gonna stand for".

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »
When you say that I feel like I'm in a weird time warp back to when Pelosi said 'we have to pass it to find out what's in it."...except this time it's more like "we have to elect him to find out what he's gonna stand for".

It's like that with every new President.   'cept of course, Barack Obama.   no surprises there.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2016, 02:44:50 pm »

goopo

Exactly. I'm open minded to support Trump, because I feel some things are worth, like avoid a liberal majority USSC.

But Trump still makes me nervous, probably for this reason.

I seem to recall Ahhhnold was like this too, but of course conservatives assumed he'd serve as a conservative. Whooops.

Not sure I trust people like JR and Hannity's judgement any more.

Trump to me seems like he'd be a Nixonian disaster in the making, coupled with a fair amount of Schwarzeneggerian flip flopping and liberal appeasement.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2016, 02:53:50 pm »
It's like that with every new President.  'cept of course, Barack Obama.   no surprises there.

The media gave him a total pass.  Said some outrageous things...never criticized for it.  The only time he came close to being tainted with scandal was Jerimiah Wright.

Never took any real stand on anything whether it was in the Illinois Senate or the U.S. Senate...just continued to vote present.

No serious reporting or investigative journalism into his background...grades...etc...anyone that tried was verbally pounded by a viscous mob.

He and Trump have the same lack of vetting...and anyone that tries to vet Trump or bring up some of the red flags gets pounded by a viscous mob.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2016, 03:17:29 pm »
The media gave him a total pass.  Said some outrageous things...never criticized for it.  The only time he came close to being tainted with scandal was Jerimiah Wright.

Never took any real stand on anything whether it was in the Illinois Senate or the U.S. Senate...just continued to vote present.

No serious reporting or investigative journalism into his background...grades...etc...anyone that tried was verbally pounded by a viscous mob.

He and Trump have the same lack of vetting...and anyone that tries to vet Trump or bring up some of the red flags gets pounded by a viscous mob.

I'm sure Trump has weighed the risks here.   Think that love of his children and grandchildren is phony?  Think the people who work for him say nice things because they don't want to be fired?   

Or rather, is it because they recognize a man who succeeds and shows gratitude and affection for his people and make them feel part of something special?

No...I'm all for vetting him.   But I believe the argument started when it was reported when the Washington Post assigned 20 journalists to give him a rectal exam.     

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2016, 03:44:49 pm »

Right. Because the choice between a Populist Progressive Fascist and a Marxist Communist for Acting Dictator is soooooo American.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2016, 03:47:26 pm »
Pelosi said 'we have to pass it to find out what's in it."...except this time it's more like "we have to elect him to find out what he's gonna stand for".

^^^^^^^^ THIS!

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2016, 03:52:34 pm »
Right. Because the choice between a Populist Progressive Fascist and a Marxist Communist for Acting Dictator is soooooo American.

Even comparing this to purchasing a lottery ticket....you'll never know until you buy one.

My hope is that he'll spend the next four to eight years erasing the horrible nightmare that was Obama.

If he accomplishes that...the nation has a chance.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2016, 04:13:50 pm »
Even comparing this to purchasing a lottery ticket....you'll never know until you buy one.

My hope is that he'll spend the next four to eight years erasing the horrible nightmare that was Obama.

If he accomplishes that...the nation has a chance.

Hope for change????  This 'aint a lottery.  This is our liberty we're talking about.  I'm not risking Freedom like a roulette wheel.  I will fight that notion with every fiber of my being.

DC, with all due respect - we do not elect monarchs or dictators.

Trump has no authority to 'erase' what the Ruling Class and their dependent serfs have already done.  Not unless you expect him to act as a dictator - which many, many supporters have stated they are perfectly fine with. 

In addition, Trump has been walking back or waffling on his entire platform including the "wall", depending whom he is talking to.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2016, 04:18:56 pm »
Hope for change????  This 'aint a lottery.  This is our liberty we're talking about.  I'm not risking Freedom like a roulette wheel.  I will fight that notion with every fiber of my being.

DC, with all due respect - we do not elect monarchs or dictators.

Trump has no authority to 'erase' what the Ruling Class and their dependent serfs have already done.  Not unless you expect him to act as a dictator - which many, many supporters have stated they are perfectly fine with. 

In addition, Trump has been walking back or waffling on his entire platform including the "wall", depending whom he is talking to.

I have to disagree.

What has been done these past 8 years CAN be undone.   MUST be undone.

And not only in the law enforcement, etc., but in the Peoples' hearts and minds.

Enough of this division.

Trump has the chance to put himself on Mt Rushmore.

All the things you've cited as personal fears/concerns here will be guar-freaking-teed with a Hillary presidency.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2016, 04:20:44 pm »
"... Pelosi said 'we have to pass it to find out what's in it."...except this time it's more like "we have to elect him to find out what he's gonna stand for".

Yeah... what he said!
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2016, 04:22:13 pm »
I have to disagree.

Trump has the chance to put himself on Mt Rushmore.

There isn't enough stone on that mountain to get the hair right.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx