Author Topic: Steve Deace: Trump meltdown begins  (Read 11811 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Steve Deace: Trump meltdown begins
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 11:51:56 pm »
Trump-drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son,
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 12:09:22 am »
I don't know if someone posted this already, but I thought it would be of interest to the #NeverTrump people.

Here is Jeb's statement:

Jeb Bush
3 hrs ·

I congratulate Donald Trump on securing his place as the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee. There is no doubt that he successfully tapped into the deep sense of anger and frustration so many Americans around the country rightfully feel today.

The tremendous anger of the current U.S. electorate – whether Republican, Democrat or independent – is a result of people fearful about the future, concerned with the direction of our country and tremendously frustrated by the abject failure and inability of leaders in Washington, D.C. to make anything better.

American voters have made it clear that Washington is broken, but I’m not optimistic that either of the leading candidates for President will put us on a better course.

The American Presidency is an office that goes beyond just politics. It requires of its occupant great fortitude and humility and the temperament and strong character to deal with the unexpected challenges that will inevitably impact our nation in the next four years.

Donald Trump has not demonstrated that temperament or strength of character. He has not displayed a respect for the Constitution. And, he is not a consistent conservative. These are all reasons why I cannot support his candidacy.

Hillary Clinton has proven to be an untrustworthy liberal politician who, if elected, would present a third term of the disastrous foreign and economic policy agenda of Barack Obama.

In November, I will not vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, but I will support principled conservatives at the state and federal levels, just as I have done my entire life. For Republicans, there is no greater priority than ensuring we keep control of both chambers of Congress. I look forward to working hard for great conservatives in the Senate and House in the coming months.
11K Likes7.4K Comments3.3K Shares

Well, like him or not, Jeb is right on this one...

I heard Mary Matalin on Glenn Beck this morning, and she has officially left the Republican party.

Trump is going to continue to do major damage to Conservatism as time goes on.  We haven't bottomed out yet....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 12:13:15 am »
I liked Jeb. Thought he was wrong on many things, but basically a very decent guy. One reason I don't like Trump.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 12:21:53 am »
He needs to eat sometime. Don't have to campaign 24/7  no one can do that anyway. They all need to take a break now and then.

Get a clue. This was a staged photo op to pimp his crappy hotel food on Twitter on Cinco de Mayo.

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 12:24:05 am »
Get a clue. This was a staged photo op to pimp his crappy hotel food on Twitter on Cinco de Mayo.

On Twitter they are claiming that Trump Tower does sell Taco Salads. So looks like this was another "Truthful hyperbole".

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 12:29:27 am »
Prediction:  Trump will do something every day to justify my lack of support for him.  Hell, he's done three things today alone.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 12:35:17 am »
Prediction:  Trump will do something every day to justify my lack of support for him.  Hell, he's done three things today alone.

Did you see the Joe Scarborough tweet?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2016, 01:00:08 am »
Donald Trump, Party-Unity Edition:

Very well said, Mr. Trump.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

A-Lert

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 01:00:55 am »
Sorry Jeb, it isn't fear of the future as it is disgust with the past and frustration with the present. You and your ilk are and have been part of the problem.  We the people have little influence in who is presented to us as candidates. We have to choose based on the candidate we believe will best serve our nation. If the party provided better candidates a billionaire wouldn't have the need to feel it necessary to run. Tell the party to clean up its act.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 01:05:45 am »

Your boy is going to lose.  And I am going to do everything I can to achieve that result.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2016, 01:11:17 am »
He was eating taco salad and talking about Cinco-de mayo.  He said "I love Hispanics".  And he does.  He is coming to Washington with planned stops in Lynden (Big Hispanic farming community) and Spokane (also huge Hispanic population).  Politics as usual.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/05/trump-uses-taco-bowl-try-reach-out-hispanic-voters-cinco-de-mayo/83981070/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2016, 01:13:46 am »
It may make Mr. Trump and his supporters feel good, but is it going to help get him elected?

Just imagine for a second that he would have come back with something gracious.  Like:

"I'm disappointed that Senator Graham is not supporting me.  I understand that sometimes my plain speaking gets me in trouble, but it is who I am, and I think it is what the American people are looking for at this point in history.  I hope that, over the next couple of months, I can perhaps persuade Senator Graham, Governor Bush, and others to reconsider their decision. But regardless, I would like to thank them all for their service to this great country, and I hope that we can at least be allies in trying to keep a Republican Congress this fall."

Trump would never say that.  But imagine the reaction among some of those in the GOP who are skeptical if he did.

I think it is possible for a candidate in Trump's position to repair much of the damage he did with his intemperate words, and rally the party.  It's just not possible for Trump to do that because his ego and mouth won't let him.

Well Trump supporters consider that "being a politician" and don't like stuff like that. They like Trump because he "says what he thinks" even if it's idiotic. Sad but true.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2016, 01:19:45 am »
It may make Mr. Trump and his supporters feel good, but is it going to help get him elected?

Just imagine for a second that he would have come back with something gracious.  Like:

"I'm disappointed that Senator Graham is not supporting me.  I understand that sometimes my plain speaking gets me in trouble, but it is who I am, and I think it is what the American people are looking for at this point in history.  I hope that, over the next couple of months, I can perhaps persuade Senator Graham, Governor Bush, and others to reconsider their decision. But regardless, I would like to thank them all for their service to this great country, and I hope that we can at least be allies in trying to keep a Republican Congress this fall."

Trump would never say that.  But imagine the reaction among some of those in the GOP who are skeptical if he did.

I think it is possible for a candidate in Trump's position to repair much of the damage he did with his intemperate words, and rally the party.  It's just not possible for Trump to do that because his ego and mouth won't let him.
Yes it will help him get elected. The anger is at the Establishment and what they have done to us. Bush is Establishment, So is Ryan. These are the people who shafted the conservatives who voted for them. The reason so many stoped voting since there was no difference when we elected them. This is a very powerful movement. Its a reason to vote. There are a lot of angry Americans.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2016, 01:21:50 am »
Trump's contnued arrogance, and the cockiness of his supporters, removes any level of sympathy from those who oppose him when he loses.

Instead, it just makes me want to rub their faces in it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2016, 01:22:49 am »

Excellent post, BCC,   But for some reason Trump just can't stop playing Biff Tannen.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2016, 01:24:09 am »
Yes it will help him get elected. The anger is at the Establishment and what they have done to us. Bush is Establishment, So is Ryan. These are the people who shafted the conservatives who voted for them. The reason so many stoped voting since there was no difference when we elected them. This is a very powerful movement. Its a reason to vote. There are a lot of angry Americans.

Instead of channeling that anger into somebody productive, you support a charlatan who's moving to the left of Bernie Sanders on trade and foreign policy.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2016, 01:28:18 am »
1.  He is pimping his own products, proving what we have said all along:  He is only interesting in increasing the dollar value of the Trump brand.
2.  There is a picture of his #2 wife under that salad.  What is up with that.

I read this commentary at the link. What do you think?

lawprof325 • 11 hours ago
The photo is staged and he is DELIBERATELY showing us a photo of Marla. The question is why. Fanning more media speculation to suck up attention? Trying to show what a stud he still is (to offset the embarassing revelations about his failures in the bedroom)? An adulterous call-out to Marla? Trying to keep Melania in line by signaling he may still be interested in Marla? This is WEIRD, creepy, pervy, and definitely not normal. And what a stupid, insulting way to try to attract Hispanic voters.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2016, 01:32:50 am »
Instead of channeling that anger into somebody productive, you support a charlatan who's moving to the left of Bernie Sanders on trade and foreign policy.
YOU call him a Charlton. Then to support the claim you use left wing and establishment dishonest sources that add too edit omit take out of context to create sound bites for the Agenda. A rational person would have figured out by now if he was as you claim then it makes no sense the ones who oppose him in the power structure. He has all the right enemies. Something that would not be happening if he was as you claim.  He either is as you claim or you ended up on the wrong side with the wrong allies of the far left, Globalists. Democrats, Muslims, Illegals, etc.  It makes no sense who hates him if hes as you claim.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2016, 01:34:57 am »
I read this commentary at the link. What do you think?

lawprof325 • 11 hours ago
The photo is staged and he is DELIBERATELY showing us a photo of Marla. The question is why. Fanning more media speculation to suck up attention? Trying to show what a stud he still is (to offset the embarassing revelations about his failures in the bedroom)? An adulterous call-out to Marla? Trying to keep Melania in line by signaling he may still be interested in Marla? This is WEIRD, creepy, pervy, and definitely not normal. And what a stupid, insulting way to try to attract Hispanic voters.

Trump is a bundle of contradictions.  He's so colorless he wears the same color suits and ties all the time, has that ridiculous hair.  And it's always about attention.  So that theory may have some validity to it. He uses women like toilet paper, for his own pleasure, so it's no surprise he might use a pic of Marla to let Melania know she'd better toe the line. 

He's despicable.  There is not a single redeeming feature in the man.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2016, 01:36:33 am »

Very well said?    I do think like Linda but how is this a job well done.  It's divisive, cheap, and a host of other negative things.   How is it good?   

This kind of thing destroys the credibility of Trump supporters.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2016, 01:37:17 am »
YOU call him a Charlton. Then to support the claim you use left wing and establishment dishonest sources that add too edit omit take out of context to create sound bites for the Agenda. A rational person would have figured out by now if he was as you claim then it makes no sense the ones who oppose him in the power structure. He has all the right enemies. Something that would not be happening if he was as you claim.  He either is as you claim or you ended up on the wrong side with the wrong allies of the far left, Globalists. Democrats, Muslims, Illegals, etc.  It makes no sense who hates him if hes as you claim.

A Charlton?  What's a Charlton?  What makes no sense are your posts. Could you translate the above? What in hell does "add too edit omit take out of context" even mean?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2016, 01:37:54 am »

Perhaps if Trump could communicate in complete sentences people wouldn't always be "taking him out of context". Then again, it would probably also help if he would read the position papers Steve Miller wrote for him, so he would know what he is supposed to believe.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

A-Lert

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2016, 01:38:20 am »
Can anyone read that headline, do a search and find out how old it is....

I'm curious as to why you even noticed. Were you looking for something to complain about? What I saw was Trump sitting at a desk and he appears to be eating a salad. So what's the big deal?

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2016, 01:38:35 am »
A Charlton?  What's a Charlton?  What makes no sense are your posts. Could you translate the above? What in hell does "add too edit omit take out of context" even mean?

A-Lert

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2016, 01:41:17 am »
Very well said?    I do think like Linda but how is this a job well done.  It's divisive, cheap, and a host of other negative things.   How is it good?   

This kind of thing destroys the credibility of Trump supporters.

That holds true for the neverTrumps also, doesn't it?