Author Topic: Steve Deace: Trump meltdown begins  (Read 11784 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Steve Deace: Trump meltdown begins
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2016, 01:44:50 am »
That holds true for the neverTrumps also, doesn't it?

How?  Should we pretend comments like this are good? 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2016, 01:54:34 am »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

A-Lert

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2016, 02:12:37 am »
How?  Should we pretend comments like this are good?

No. Should we pretend offensive comments about Trump and his supporters are good? It's a two way street.

A-Lert

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2016, 02:13:49 am »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2016, 02:26:23 am »
Too early yet..sometimes people need to get their footing and they then take off.

I still think Hillary is going to crash and burn and you will see a Biden/Warren ticket pop up. People just don't like Hillary.

I find it odd that Biden hasn't dipped his ancient toe into the water yet.  It could happen before the convention.  He would be a more formidable opponent that Hillary because people don't absolutely detest him.

He would be more of a problem for Trump than Hillary would, but even Hillary would beat the loathsome Donald Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2016, 02:30:01 am »
He's despicable.  There is not a single redeeming feature in the man.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2016, 02:38:51 am »
He's gonna bitch-slap himself out of a slew of endorsements if he keeps up these insults.

The sonofabitch just can't help himself.

That is true and also scary about this guy.  He's got such a thin skin that he engages in a twitter war with Megyn Kelly for months because she didn't kiss his ring.  People, Megyn Kelly, like her or not, is a television hostess and of no particular importance in the election.  His childish and petulant feud with her is representative of his character.

Lindsey Graham?  Please.  He's not significant in any way, but Trump can let no insult go unresponded to.

Trump is not a stable human being and he is dangerous.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2016, 02:38:51 am »
Prediction:  Trump will do something every day to justify my lack of support for him.  Hell, he's done three things today alone.
Ain't that the truth!

In Hannity's feeble attempt to regain from Conservative creds, Wednesday he had "advise" for "Mr. Trump". Hannity wanted tRump to put down in writing the things like naming SCOTUS appointees, and more or less a new Contract with America, so we conservatives could get a better feeling tRump is not going to drop the relatively conservatives things he campaigned on. Well that went no where fast. tRump now could give two hoots in hell what we think. That is good enough for me.......to keep thinking what I thought all along about tRump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2016, 02:49:48 am »
That pretty well hit the nail on its head!

Keeping fingers crossed that Cruz "suspending" was something he might reconsider as the Rump takes the Uzi to his footsies. Lots can happen tween now and Convention.

Must be getting pretty grim in the cattle cars on the tRump train.

It's a wonder Trump can walk... he's shot himself in the foot so many times.  And this was before he was the 'presumptive nominee.'

I'm with you about the Cruz 'suspending.'  It was probably the smart thing to do but that doesn't mean he can't still get the nomination.

As far as the cattle on the trump train ... I call them zombies ... you can check them out on Free Republic.  As of now, they are desperately defending all his wrong moves.

But the site is lifeless now because all of the people with good anti-Trump arguments have been banned or put on semi-banning.  There is literally no one to abuse and insult.  Their favorite sport... slurs and nasty posts about Ted Cruz... is pointless also.

No energy over there any more.  Even his live appearance threads are not getting that many posts.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 02:53:03 am »
I don't know if someone posted this already, but I thought it would be of interest to the #NeverTrump people.

Here is Jeb's statement:

Jeb Bush
3 hrs ·

I congratulate Donald Trump on securing his place as the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee. There is no doubt that he successfully tapped into the deep sense of anger and frustration so many Americans around the country rightfully feel today.

The tremendous anger of the current U.S. electorate – whether Republican, Democrat or independent – is a result of people fearful about the future, concerned with the direction of our country and tremendously frustrated by the abject failure and inability of leaders in Washington, D.C. to make anything better.

American voters have made it clear that Washington is broken, but I’m not optimistic that either of the leading candidates for President will put us on a better course.

The American Presidency is an office that goes beyond just politics. It requires of its occupant great fortitude and humility and the temperament and strong character to deal with the unexpected challenges that will inevitably impact our nation in the next four years.

Donald Trump has not demonstrated that temperament or strength of character. He has not displayed a respect for the Constitution. And, he is not a consistent conservative. These are all reasons why I cannot support his candidacy.

Hillary Clinton has proven to be an untrustworthy liberal politician who, if elected, would present a third term of the disastrous foreign and economic policy agenda of Barack Obama.

In November, I will not vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, but I will support principled conservatives at the state and federal levels, just as I have done my entire life. For Republicans, there is no greater priority than ensuring we keep control of both chambers of Congress. I look forward to working hard for great conservatives in the Senate and House in the coming months.
11K Likes7.4K Comments3.3K Shares

I think this is a thoughtful, well-written statement without much rancor.  After the really nasty way Trump went after Jeb and his whole family, I think this is pretty restrained and I don't blame him at all for not voting Trump.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2016, 02:58:50 am »
Post of the day!!

It may make Mr. Trump and his supporters feel good, but is it going to help get him elected?

Just imagine for a second that he would have come back with something gracious.  Like:

"I'm disappointed that Senator Graham is not supporting me.  I understand that sometimes my plain speaking gets me in trouble, but it is who I am, and I think it is what the American people are looking for at this point in history.  I hope that, over the next couple of months, I can perhaps persuade Senator Graham, Governor Bush, and others to reconsider their decision. But regardless, I would like to thank them all for their service to this great country, and I hope that we can at least be allies in trying to keep a Republican Congress this fall."

Trump would never say that.  But imagine the reaction among some of those in the GOP who are skeptical if he did.

I think it is possible for a candidate in Trump's position to repair much of the damage he did with his intemperate words, and rally the party.  It's just not possible for Trump to do that because his ego and mouth won't let him.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2016, 03:07:38 am »
Well said Altura.

That is true and also scary about this guy.  He's got such a thin skin that he engages in a twitter war with Megyn Kelly for months because she didn't kiss his ring.  People, Megyn Kelly, like her or not, is a television hostess and of no particular importance in the election.  His childish and petulant feud with her is representative of his character.

Lindsey Graham?  Please.  He's not significant in any way, but Trump can let no insult go unresponded to.

Trump is not a stable human being and he is dangerous.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2016, 03:20:47 am »
Perhaps if Trump could communicate in complete sentences people wouldn't always be "taking him out of context". Then again, it would probably also help if he would read the position papers Steve Miller wrote for him, so he would know what he is supposed to believe.

Trump is a master of verbal idiocy.  He cannot speak in complete sentences.  No wonder he tweets.

If you've ever read any transcripts of his speeches, interviews, or statements, you will be appalled at how disjointed and childish his speech is.

Offline WAC

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am »
You wrote......."With no straw men to demagogue and polling to prop him up, Trump has only himself now for the story."......

Might be 'another reason' Cruz bowed out when he did.....to let Trump stand alone to be seen as he is without a candidate to target.   

So the fool goes after the GOP and  Ryan without any regard for the fact that no legislation goes to the House without passing through

the Speaker of the House. 

It's not hard to imagine what absolute  stupidity he will continue to show any time he addresses other politicians.....HE wouldn't

debate Cruz for that reason......he cannot and will not stand  against Hillary.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2016, 04:10:11 am »
Perhaps if Trump could communicate in complete sentences people wouldn't always be "taking him out of context". Then again, it would probably also help if he would read the position papers Steve Miller wrote for him, so he would know what he is supposed to believe.

Now that cracked me up!
Spot on. To

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2016, 04:12:08 am »
I read this commentary at the link. What do you think?

lawprof325 • 11 hours ago
The photo is staged and he is DELIBERATELY showing us a photo of Marla. The question is why. Fanning more media speculation to suck up attention? Trying to show what a stud he still is (to offset the embarassing revelations about his failures in the bedroom)? An adulterous call-out to Marla? Trying to keep Melania in line by signaling he may still be interested in Marla? This is WEIRD, creepy, pervy, and definitely not normal. And what a stupid, insulting way to try to attract Hispanic voters.

Wow. If we are now dealing with a subliminal messaging Donny, he is far more gone than I had thought. So unstable.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2016, 04:33:13 am »
He's gonna bitch-slap himself out of a slew of endorsements if he keeps up these insults.

The sonofabitch just can't help himself.

Trump believes he can do everything by himself - he needs no one.  Every voter who voted for Graham, likely will not vote for Trump now that he has castigated their Senator Graham.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2016, 04:52:30 am »
A Charlton?  What's a Charlton?

Perhaps Charlton Publications, best known for the line of comic books, Charlton Comics?

Their line of superheroes provided the template that Alan Moore used to create The Watchmen.
Let it burn.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2016, 05:40:58 am »
The Deacebag actually gets one right. Whoda thunk?
The Republic is lost.

geronl

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2016, 07:40:52 am »
A Charlton is a lefty reliever from the 90's.

"Don't squeeze the Charlton!" - Mr. Whipple

Online verga

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2016, 11:06:24 am »
Trump is a master of verbal idiocy.  He cannot speak in complete sentences.  No wonder he tweets.

If you've ever read any transcripts of his speeches, interviews, or statements, you will be appalled at how disjointed and childish his speech is.
The mans speaks at an eight grade level for a reason. hed knows his loyal followers do not like words over 3 syllables. Most of his sentences are less than 10 words because he understands the sound bite mentality of his minions. God forbid he should express a cogent thought that entails specifics or details. If he gave details he would have no room to back track or walk his misspoken thought back. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2016, 11:22:55 am »
Yes it will help him get elected. The anger is at the Establishment and what they have done to us. Bush is Establishment, So is Ryan. These are the people who shafted the conservatives who voted for them. The reason so many stoped voting since there was no difference when we elected them. This is a very powerful movement. Its a reason to vote. There are a lot of angry Americans.
I don't think even Hillary Clinton herself would deserve the kind of Internet tough-guy behavior Trump gave to Graham. There's a way to be gracious and still be assertive. Something along the lines of "Sorry he feels that way but we're moving forward anyway--and we will win!" would have sufficed.

Instead, Trump has to dig in personally toward anyone who dares cross him. That's the difference: if you're against him, he responds with a vicious wrath  that goes far beyond politics. Remember, Trump also leaked Graham's unlisted phone number to his minions. Yet, if you relent, all of a sudden he's a nice guy.

The man is trying to extort his way to the Presidency.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2016, 11:37:17 am »
The man is trying to extort his way to the Presidency.

Waddaya mean - trying?

It's the New York way, dontcha know.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2016, 12:03:47 pm »
It's a wonder Trump can walk... he's shot himself in the foot so many times.  And this was before he was the 'presumptive nominee.'

I'm with you about the Cruz 'suspending.'  It was probably the smart thing to do but that doesn't mean he can't still get the nomination.

As far as the cattle on the trump train ... I call them zombies ... you can check them out on Free Republic.  As of now, they are desperately defending all his wrong moves.

But the site is lifeless now because all of the people with good anti-Trump arguments have been banned or put on semi-banning.  There is literally no one to abuse and insult.  Their favorite sport... slurs and nasty posts about Ted Cruz... is pointless also.

No energy over there any more.  Even his live appearance threads are not getting that many posts.

FR is dead now because all intellectual integrity has left the building. Reasoned discussion has been replaced with mindless mindless sound bites and vile insults. Jim Rob may as well get rid of the big server, because after this election he will be able to run FR from an iPad.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2016, 12:06:26 pm »
Waddaya mean - trying?

It's the New York way, dontcha know.

Beginning to think his "Art of the Deal" is a bunch of crap and his success is based on bribery, intimidation, and extortion.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...