Author Topic: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation  (Read 14265 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2016, 03:31:00 am »
Also, understand that Carly is going to make things tough for Trump in the remaining primaries.

California is now in play and Trump stands a better chance to lose.  At a minimum, Cruz wont get out now, even if Trump wins Indiana. 

So the Trump supporters are understandably upset that any pivot to Hillary is now delayed.

Lets see how this thing plays out as Carly said to Mark Levin tonight.

Oh, absolutely.  They're not all behaving badly.  But a heck of a lot of them are.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2016, 03:47:01 am »
Trump is not a conservative, he is a populist.

BUT he has made a deep emotional connection with his supporters.   

And I give him credit for that as he WILL shake things up if elected...

I respectfully disagree.  He won't do jack shat.

He will spend his four  years feuding with the press and Congress and nothing positive will happen.   Hopefully nothing bad will happen, but there isn't a single thing he's blabbing to his cultists right now that is remotely politically feasible.

I saw this dynamic with Jesse Ventura in MN.   Both of the men will have loved the office and perqs and privilege more than the day to day job.   Which is time consuming and gut wrenching.

This will be four years of stupidity.   Americans are stupid so ...

Haven't we had enough of this with the oaf we have in office today?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:47:45 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2016, 03:51:32 am »

Since you're such a revered doyen around this joint, perhaps you can make the case for Donald Trump as the best conservative Republican alternative to the scourge that awaits us from a Hillary Clinton reign of terror. 

This is, ostensibly, a conservative political forum.   You're a Trump fan.  There has to be a rationale behind your support of a lifelong Democrat crony hack and uncouth bully. 

Have at it!

His ability to vanquish 16 others portends to his ability to do the same with Madame Clinton. (It remains my belief Cruz is too far right, to be elected--and I dismiss Kasick, as merely taking up space)

And at the onset, this site was for all Republicans, not the least of whom at the time was (moderate) Giuliani.

I believe the owners will confirm the veracity of the latter.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2016, 03:52:39 am »
Jonah Goldberg makes this point all the time about Lord Acton's famous quote of power corrupting absolutely.

The principle corruption happens to the followers of the leader, not the leader 'per se'

Having said that

#NeverHillary

@Bigun @WAC

Goldberg made a great point that Lord Acton's admonition was toward those who enabled and admired the absolute power of their "overlords" not those who wielded it.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2016, 03:55:02 am »
I am paraphrasing..

which means the point was internalized ..

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2016, 03:58:59 am »
His ability to vanquish 16 others portends to his ability to do the same with Madame Clinton. (It remains my belief Cruz is too far right, to be elected--and I dismiss Kasick, as merely taking up space)

And at the onset, this site was for all Republicans, not the least of whom at the time was (moderate) Giuliani.

I believe the owners will confirm the veracity of the latter.

Maybe I missed it - but where was the testimony about Donald Trump's conservatism or fealty to the GOP?

I know when I put my mouse over the TBR URL it says "A Conservative Forum".   

What is conservative about Donald Trump.

You're "it".  Please tell me.  Why should ANYONE who believes in the principles of Conservatism support lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat Donald Trump??

I am still awaiting this answer.  Hey, it's hard to defend the indefensible.  Just admit you want to blow up the GOP and Conservative movement and we'll be operating with each other on an honest basis.

Because, that's what the Trump campaign is about: Destroying the GOP and conservatism,  all the hard won victories over the past six years.   

You better have a good explanation, my friend, for this type of treachery.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2016, 04:02:11 am »

I saw this dynamic with Jesse Ventura in MN.

THAT is a point I really agree with.

And make no mistake, I am supporting Cruz in the primaries.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,203475.0.html

I certainly would not have spent several hours on the above otherwise

BUT Trump is going to give us a slate of Supreme Court Justices .

An we all know that the SC MAKES the laws of the land....

A-Lert

« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2016, 04:06:09 am »
Maybe I missed it - but where was the testimony about Donald Trump's conservatism or fealty to the GOP?

I know when I put my mouse over the TBR URL it says "A Conservative Forum".   

You're "it".  Please tell me.  Why should ANYONE who believes in the principles of Conservatism support lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat Donald Trump??

I am still awaiting this answer.  Hey, it's hard to defend the indefensible.  Just admit you want to blow up the GOP and Conservative movement and we'll be operating with each other on an honest basis.

Because, that's what the Trump campaign is about: Destroying the GOP and conservatism,  all the hard won victories over the past six years.   

You better have a good explanation, my friend, for this type of treachery.

Contributed nearly a half million dollars to the Republican party in the last decade. How much have Cruz or Kasich contributed?  Trump supports concealed carry reciprocity. Advocates fair trade and secure borders. How can any of the 3 destroy the GOP and conservatism???????

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2016, 04:06:55 am »
Not sure by your comment to me what we agree/disagree on.

I do not think Trump is a conservative either.  At least as defined by Buckley , Rush etc

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2016, 04:12:03 am »
Was initially a Walker supporter, because was concerned Cruz could be off-putting to some ( not me).

Trump has made Walker and Carson and Rand and others look bad.

How does that help conservatism as ensconced in the GOP?

Contributed nearly a half million dollars to the Republican party in the last decade. How much have Cruz or Kasich contributed?  Trump supports concealed carry reciprocity. Advocates fair trade and secure borders. How can any of the 3 destroy the GOP and conservatism???????

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2016, 04:14:15 am »
Was initially a Walker supporter, because was concerned Cruz could be off-putting to some ( not me).

Trump made himself look bad in Wisconsin.  Those people have been through the "wars", they're not going to abandon Scott Walker for some venal carnival barker.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2016, 04:15:19 am »

Trump is a gangster who throws money at anyone he thinks might benefit his poorly conceived, poorly executed public projects.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2016, 04:16:22 am »
Cruz was all but left for dead and Trump 'got the big payback'

Too bad Pence does not have the guts that Walker has.

Amazing what we find out.

Trump made himself look bad in Wisconsin.  Those people have been through the "wars", they're not going to abandon Scott Walker for some venal carnival barker.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2016, 04:18:01 am »
Gangster is a little over the top, though I am sure Trump has met a few cement guys to help with his buildings...

Trump is a gangster who throws money at anyone he thinks might benefit his poorly conceived, poorly executed public projects.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2016, 04:20:46 am »
Cruz was all but left for dead and Trump 'got the big payback'

Too bad Pence does not have the guts that Walker has.

Amazing what we find out.

Scott Walker might campaign for Cruz in Indiana this weekend.  That's the scuttlebutt.

Walker and Mitch Daniels are great friends, not so sure about Pence.  He's up for re-election in November and I'm really not sure why he's sitting on the fence.   It's conservatism vs. the death of conservatism in my view.  Why is Pence afraid?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2016, 04:24:17 am »
Scott Walker might campaign for Cruz in Indiana this weekend.  That's the scuttlebutt.

OOOOhhhhhh. That would be cool.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2016, 04:28:45 am »
Gangster is a little over the top, though I am sure Trump has met a few cement guys to help with his buildings...

Good grief, Trump is in tight with all the "boys" for decades.

It's how you do stuff in New York.  I remember doing a trade show in 1989 at the Javits Center and having our booth brought out ... incrementally .. by the various union goons. 

All for some "grease".   And, the last to be delivered is the electricity.  And "protection" over night.
That was the Dinkens era and NYC was a complete stink hole.   

Folks elsewhere hate Rudy but I went back to that city in 1993 and it was a different place.  Completely.

A-Lert

« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2016, 04:29:21 am »

Nobody but a few butthurts were that terribly offended by the political war waged in the primary.  Carson, Christie and Walker all have said they'll support the nominee, even if it is that dreaded Trump.  :thud: Trump did what he had to do to pare the field. He's not a PC politician or silver tongued lawyer. His tactics were effective and successful. Politics isn't for the faint of heart. I say a half million dollars contributed to the Republican party helps conservatism. I say  supporting fair trade, secure borders and jobs for U.S. citizens helps conservatism. If you disagree, tell me how the aforementioned hurt conservatism.

A-Lert

« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2016, 04:31:44 am »

Apparently nothing is over the top for anti-Trumps.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2016, 04:33:34 am »
Bobby Knight and team Trump

Why is Pence afraid?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2016, 04:33:52 am »
Nobody but a few butthurts were that terribly offended by the political war waged in the primary.  Carson, Christie and Walker all have said they'll support the nominee, even if it is that dreaded Trump.  :thud: Trump did what he had to do to pare the field. He's not a PC politician or silver tongued lawyer. His tactics were effective and successful. Politics isn't for the faint of heart. I say a half million dollars contributed to the Republican party helps conservatism. I say  supporting fair trade, secure borders and jobs for U.S. citizens helps conservatism. If you disagree, tell me how the aforementioned hurt conservatism.

Will you admit that Ted Cruz' "tactics" are effective when it comes to delegate recruitment?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2016, 04:37:01 am »
Not always.  Not in Wisconsin.  Not with Trump U, which is going to trial.

Carson, Christie and Walker all have said they'll support the nominee, even if it is that dreaded Trump. 

His tactics were effective and successful.

With Trump, it is sometimes like betting it all on double zero.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2016, 04:40:10 am »
Most definitely.   In fact, Cruz came off more 'likeable' today.

Originally liked walker in 2015 , in part, because I thought he was more likeable than Cruz.

Pleasantly surprised Cruz has proven as tenacious and has come as far as he has.

Will you admit that Ted Cruz' "tactics" are effective when it comes to delegate recruitment?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2016, 04:49:45 am »
I live in NYC.  Maybe you get desensitized to this factor.

Crooked Hillary is many times more corrupt than Donald.

Even with Trump Steaks, Trump U , Kelo and Vera Coking etc.

Will save the corruption stuff for the dems.  Frankly, I am surprised the dems have not leaked more stuff about Trump by now.  Hillary knows Trump will fight back against her in the general. 

Good grief, Trump is in tight with all the "boys" for decades.

It's how you do stuff in New York.  I remember doing a trade show in 1989 at the Javits Center and having our booth brought out ... incrementally .. by the various union goons. 

All for some "grease".   And, the last to be delivered is the electricity.  And "protection" over night.
That was the Dinkens era and NYC was a complete stink hole.   

Folks elsewhere hate Rudy but I went back to that city in 1993 and it was a different place.  Completely.

A-Lert

« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2016, 04:57:15 am »

Why are you attempting to change the subject? Are you admitting  that your allegation that Trump is attempting to destroy the GOP and conservatism was just  :bs: