Author Topic: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation  (Read 14355 times)

A-Lert

Re: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2016, 11:11:45 pm »
You told a member *he had no principles*

Funny...filing a post report on me..are you do for a vacation...I think so!

Filing a post report on you? When? Where? I haven't filed anything on you!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2016, 11:14:35 pm »

Wow. There are a LOT of people here, that have been claiming others members have no principles and much worse.

A lot

Is it suddenly a suspendable offense, and if so will it be evenly enforced?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2016, 11:16:37 pm »
Wow. There are a LOT of people here, that have been claiming others members have no principles and much worse.

A lot

Is it suddenly a suspendable offense, and if so will it be evenly enforced?
   :shrug:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2016, 11:17:20 pm »
Why is it that the only time you anti-Trumps take anything Trump says seriously is when he makes an off-the-cuff hyperbolic statement. Really, who are the dupes? The hatred of the anti-Trumps is palpable. The senseless, mindless, vulgar insults hurled at Trump supporters is a direct reflection on you, the self-professed  "conservative Christians".

"Dupes" was a poor choice of words and I really do believe a lot of Trump supporters are patriots who are angry at the status quo and do want positive change.

I just think they're buying into a lifelong con man.   To use an old idiom, they're buying a pig in a poke.

I truly believe we are at a precipice politically and culturally.  Hillary is the proverbial limping gazelle on the Serengeti and Donald Trump's scorched earth vanity tour is going to get this evil, corrupt "thing" elected.

I'm angry about this election cycle.   This has been the most absurd and frivolous endeavor I've ever witnessed at the most perilous time, IMO, in our nation's history - at least since the Great Depression and WWII.    If Hillary is elected, I fear this great  American political experiment - the apex of the Age of human enlightenment - is going to be destroyed forever.  We're $20 trillion in debt and we've never been weaker as a result of Obama's malfeasance.

I just happen to see Donald Trump as aiding and abetting the destruction.  When he went into Wisconsin and trashed Walker and the GOP there - who had endured and prevailed over the worst of what the Blue Fist Left could sling -  I saw a man who has no principles, no moral grounding and unworthy of trust.     He provided talking points and media content for every Democrat who is looking to unseat a conservative Republican in the legislative races in Wisconsin this November.   

Trump is a pernicious cancer to the Republican Party and the conservative movement.   I see it so clearly.   I'm perplexed by anyone self-identifying as a conservative who cannot, or will not, see it.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2016, 11:30:06 pm »

I've been told all of the following: I have no morals, am a bigot, am a "f*g," called "stupid," called an "idiot," a "dupe," "late for my MENSA meeting," "anti-Christian," "pro-abortion,"... ect. etc. etc.

Let's play fair both ways, maybe?  Is that too much to ask.  It seems only the Trump supporters get their hands slapped here.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2016, 11:32:12 pm »
Donald Trump is a lifelong Democrat.   Your screen-name is a fraud and your shilling here on a self-identified "Conservative Forum" for this lifelong Democrat is an ongoing fraud.

I couldn't be bothered one way or another. 

It's not my property so Bon Appetit.

Agree.   He's the "Dem plant" Mesaclone was warning us about. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2016, 11:35:47 pm »
Guys...calm down fer crissakes.  :0001:  Look, this thread started out okay, but why do these absolutely have to morph into personal food fights?  Seems like a "bait 'n wait" contest.  Sooner or later someone will take the bait and then it starts.  A lot of good people came over here recently to get a way from that crap.  New members, old members, from what I've seen we're all veterans of the forum wars.  If there are enemies, they're out there running for office, not here.  Some good threads here, but of lot of us just don't want to engage in a mud-wrestling contest to get a word in.   :pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2016, 11:36:28 pm »
Is this a payback for Fiorina keeping her mouth shut about the Sarah Isgur Flores rumors and an affair with Cruz?  I'm wondering if this is the completion of the $500k Cruz PAC money transfer to the Fiorina PAC last year as well, since it gets Carly back in the political arena.

Because this makes zero sense at all politically, and Cruz is now a laughingstock everywhere and on every channel.

:whistle:

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2016, 11:37:36 pm »
Agree.   He's the "Dem plant" Mesaclone was warning us about.

No, that would be your preferred candidate, John Kasich, who finally outed himself as a Dem whining about how the GOP voters don't like his liberal Democrat ideas.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2016, 11:38:33 pm »
I thought it was really sweet that Carly spent so much time talking [and yes singing too] about her love for Ted and Heidi's daughters. I'm certain the girls got a huge kick out of that! And what is living about if not uplifting the young around us? And as you saw if you watched, Carly likes to talk just like Ted does [and she evidently needs no teleprompter either]; they are an outstanding hi-spirited team. And with God's help [and Carly mentioned God about twenty times if not more] maybe they can "C"bisquit their way to a win.

Cruz/Carly 2016!
:thumbsup2:

I'm with you on that, mlizzy!  I think a Cruz/Carly ticket is a dream ticket!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2016, 11:42:33 pm »
Is there any  ... curiosity ... when "new members" arrive and log an average of 40 to 60 posts a day?

A-lert: 
Date Registered: March 03, 2016, 03:54:48 PM

AnybodyButADem:
Date Registered: April 11, 2016, 09:19:05 PM

There's a difference between folks who are enthusiastic new contributors and those who are tasked to spam a community.

Just.  Saying.

If everyone just put them on ignore (and observed how much they both spam), then maybe they would go away.

Engaging them in "debate" is impossible, and encourages them both to continue disrupting the intelligent conversations the rest of the posters are having.

Perhaps they are trying to emulate their master Donald by behaving as bad school boys who don't care what kind of attention they get as long as someone is looking at them.  Trump does that all the time.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2016, 11:44:36 pm »

Engaging them in "debate" is impossible, and encourages them both to continue disrupting the intelligent conversations the rest of the posters are having.

Of course it is, because you make things up about those you are trying to "debate," and then get frustrated when nobody knows what the heck you're ranting about this time.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2016, 11:48:35 pm »
Is there any  ... curiosity ... when "new members" arrive and log an average of 40 to 60 posts a day?

A-lert: 
Date Registered: March 03, 2016, 03:54:48 PM

AnybodyButADem:
Date Registered: April 11, 2016, 09:19:05 PM

There's a difference between folks who are enthusiastic new contributors and those who are tasked to spam a community.

Just.  Saying.
You are dismissive of this member, because you evaluate his longevity and his stats?

Check mine.

Offline Hank Rearden

« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2016, 11:49:04 pm »
4.  Sicked of being lied to by the GOPe. 

How is your #4 any different than my #1 (True Believers)?

As for who I support, I prefer Cruz but will vote for Trump if he's the nominee. Both are flawed.
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans." - Gen. Robert E. Lee

Offline musiclady

« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2016, 11:50:17 pm »
You are dismissive of this member, because you evaluate his longevity and his stats?

Check mine.

You are an intelligent poster, with a valid and interesting perspective, and it's always worth reading what you say.

That is not true of the two aforementioned disruptors.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2016, 11:52:28 pm »
If everyone just put them on ignore (and observed how much they both spam), then maybe they would go away.

Perhaps they are trying to emulate their master Donald by behaving as bad school boys who don't care what kind of attention they get as long as someone is looking at them.  Trump does that all the time.
Then have an intelligent conversation, with me.

Results from last night
Carly Fiorina
Upcoming campaign in California

You pick

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2016, 11:52:41 pm »
I thought it was really sweet that Carly spent so much time talking [and yes singing too] about her love for Ted and Heidi's daughters. I'm certain the girls got a huge kick out of that! And what is living about if not uplifting the young around us? And as you saw if you watched, Carly likes to talk just like Ted does [and she evidently needs no teleprompter either]; they are an outstanding hi-spirited team. And with God's help [and Carly mentioned God about twenty times if not more] maybe they can "C"bisquit their way to a win.

Cruz/Carly 2016!
:thumbsup2:

In terms of brainpower and the ability to articulate complex arguments extemporaneously, they may be the most gifted pair ever to seek the Presidency.
(What they perhaps need to work on are diplomatic skills.  Pragmatism, too, is a virtue.)

I am a real fan of Carly Fiorina.   I respect Cruz for choosing her,  as well as his idea of choosing her.  I've thought for years that it would be a good idea for two candidates to present themselves and compete as a team.   It's an unconventional pairing,  but their seriousness of purpose ought to contrast well with a carny barker.   

I hope Cruz/Fiorina buy some serious media in California and just let Carly loose to talk at length about the issues.   As for her singing,  I find it charming.   A couple of months ago she sang on Jimmy Kimmel.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2016, 11:53:02 pm »
This forum has taken on a LOT of former freepers in a short period of time

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc

We should try to be patient.  So much pent up stuff that people want to express .    :smokin:

Layered on top of that is the primary season--eventually the steady flow of freepers will work out and we will unite on June 9th.

But if one has been a freeper for 10 -15 years, one is passionate about The Republic.

Whichever candidate one thinks is best to undo the mess O has made.

Guys...calm down fer crissakes.  :0001:  Look, this thread started out okay, but why do these absolutely have to morph into personal food fights?  Seems like a "bait 'n wait" contest.  Sooner or later someone will take the bait and then it starts.  A lot of good people came over here recently to get a way from that crap.  New members, old members, from what I've seen we're all veterans of the forum wars.  If there are enemies, they're out there running for office, not here.  Some good threads here, but of lot of us just don't want to engage in a mud-wrestling contest to get a word in.   :pondering:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:53:52 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2016, 11:56:01 pm »
You are an intelligent poster, with a valid and interesting perspective, and it's always worth reading what you say.

That is not true of the two aforementioned disruptors.

No, when presented with facts, you start making things up about the person you're "debating" and then we get the martyr act yet again.  Yet the substantive part of the post that challenges your fallacy are ignored, and we get another emotional rants rife with name-calling and personal attacks.

You've done it to A-lert, Mesaclone, and me just in the past few days.  Seems to be a "it's not me, it's you" problem, doesn't it, if you have three Trump posters that lead you to such a low place of gutter posts?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:59:30 pm by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2016, 11:56:45 pm »
Then have an intelligent conversation, with me.

Results from last night
Carly Fiorina
Upcoming campaign in California

You pick

Not sure what you're aiming for here, t_s.   I gave you a compliment (the truth).  Are you responding to it by trying to trap me into something, or what?  (Because what you said here doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2016, 11:57:05 pm »
Please put this thread back on track...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2016, 11:59:06 pm »
In terms of brainpower and the ability to articulate complex arguments extemporaneously, they may be the most gifted pair ever to seek the Presidency.
(What they perhaps need to work on are diplomatic skills.  Pragmatism, too, is a virtue.)

I am a real fan of Carly Fiorina.   I respect Cruz for choosing her,  as well as his idea of choosing her.  I've thought for years that it would be a good idea for two candidates to present themselves and compete as a team.   It's an unconventional pairing,  but their seriousness of purpose ought to contrast well with a carny barker.   

I hope Cruz/Fiorina buy some serious media in California and just let Carly loose to talk at length about the issues.   As for her singing,  I find it charming.   A couple of months ago she sang on Jimmy Kimmel.   

I agree that the Cruz/Fiorina pairing is a good one.  Carly is one of the most articulate voices for conservatism out there (IMHO), and I love that she's Cruz' choice for VP.

It's a strong ticket, and I think could beat Hillary handily.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2016, 12:00:47 am »
Three types of Trump supporters I've seen at FR. Not sure if all three are on this forum too. 

So why not wait until you post for a month or so before you go taking a stab at judging Trump supporters on this forum?

Is that something you can be comfortable with?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2016, 12:01:38 am »
Not sure what you're aiming for here, t_s.   I gave you a compliment (the truth).  Are you responding to it by trying to trap me into something, or what?  (Because what you said here doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

This is quite telling, isn't it?

Anyhow, back to the thread, wow, Cruz is getting CLOBBERED by every political analyst I've seen tonight.  Even the pro-Cruz talking heads seem embarrassed and know it's over.  Time to jump ship and save their own careers in politics at this point, isn't it?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2016, 12:02:56 am »

Check mine.

When someone's "longevity" consists of a month or two and their "stats" consist of inane one sentence snarks and/or an emoji?

Yeah.  Dismissive.

Since you're such a revered doyen around this joint, perhaps you can make the case for Donald Trump as the best conservative Republican alternative to the scourge that awaits us from a Hillary Clinton reign of terror. 

This is, ostensibly, a conservative political forum.   You're a Trump fan.  There has to be a rationale behind your support of a lifelong Democrat crony hack and uncouth bully. 

Have at it!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:07:55 am by ArneFufkin »