Author Topic: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation  (Read 14334 times)

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Re: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2016, 09:36:08 pm »
Trump, in an effort to "trump" Cruz, will announce Omarosa as his running mate tomorrow.

No, Trump actually wants to win the nomination or have it wrapped up before naming a VP.  You know, like a sane person would do.

Let Cruz own today's Clown Show all on his own.  It's going to go down in history with this moment, but even more bizarre and out of touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0

Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »

Dittoes. I've seen Myst, geronl and other moderators ask us FReepers to maintain dignity and class over here. Yet I see the old timers are the ones with the snarky attitudes.

Oh well.

Wait, what?  Did I read that correctly?  Mystery_AK, of course, but geronl has been one of the most abrasive and abusive anti-Trump posters on this board.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2016, 09:44:22 pm »
I'd hoped to find a place for substantive debate, not juvenile trash-talk.

How do you feel about "juvenile trash talk" about Donald Trump and posters who support him?   :pondering:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2016, 09:45:08 pm »
I apologize for the juvenile posts of some of our *old timers*....they don't know how to welcome to members imho.

Is there any  ... curiosity ... when "new members" arrive and log an average of 40 to 60 posts a day?

A-lert: 
Date Registered: March 03, 2016, 03:54:48 PM

AnybodyButADem:
Date Registered: April 11, 2016, 09:19:05 PM

There's a difference between folks who are enthusiastic new contributors and those who are tasked to spam a community.

Just.  Saying.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2016, 09:45:24 pm »

Dittoes. I've seen Myst, geronl and other moderators ask us FReepers to maintain dignity and class over here. Yet I see the old timers are the ones with the snarky attitudes.

Oh well.

Ah, but this site seems to have two key differentiators:

1. You can put these folks on ignore when they finally get on your last nerve.
2. There does not seem to be an brutal overlord who has clearly picked a side in the debate who will ban you for disagreement.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline flowers

« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2016, 09:45:58 pm »
OMG.  People are coming into my office and want to know why I'm laughing so hard .... all I could say was "THIS"

SHE STARTS SINGING!!!     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5By5FNb4ldA 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5By5FNb4ldA
WTF???  OMG what kind of drugs is she on? Wow. just wow.

Offline flowers

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2016, 09:47:52 pm »
The latest breaking news is that, tomorrow, Cruz will announce his transition team and the site of his presidential library on Friday.
:silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2016, 09:50:55 pm »
Ah, but this site seems to have two key differentiators:

1. You can put these folks on ignore when they finally get on your last nerve.
2. There does not seem to be an brutal overlord who has clearly picked a side in the debate who will ban you for disagreement.

And:
3. When the poster in question never has anything interesting, relevant or productive to add. 

A-Lert

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2016, 09:54:00 pm »

Effing mindless vandals.   

So that's your opinion of Trump supporters on this forum?

Offline washi

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2016, 09:55:50 pm »
How do you feel about "juvenile trash talk" about Donald Trump and posters who support him?   :pondering:

Juvenile trash talk is juvenile trash talk regardless of which side is doing it.

I can't honestly claim not to have engaged in a bit of it myself on the other site, but I'm more than done with it.

Also not a fan of the "well, he started it" and "I know you are but what am I" debate strategies.
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

A-Lert

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2016, 09:57:18 pm »
Is there any  ... curiosity ... when "new members" arrive and log an average of 40 to 60 posts a day?

A-lert: 
Date Registered: March 03, 2016, 03:54:48 PM

AnybodyButADem:
Date Registered: April 11, 2016, 09:19:05 PM

There's a difference between folks who are enthusiastic new contributors and those who are tasked to spam a community.

Just.  Saying.

If you are so curious, why not just come out and ask, rather than snipe?

Offline washi

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2016, 10:04:52 pm »
If you are so curious, why not just come out and ask, rather than snipe?

I'll ask: 58 posts, on average, per day is quite a bit. What line of work, or retirement, are you in that allows you that kind of time online?
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2016, 10:12:13 pm »

Well ...

In the absence of ANY rational explanation of why Donald Trump is anything but a lifelong Democrat crony and bagman who is staging a hostile takeover of the GOP and conservative movement? Yeah, that's my opinion.

In the absence of ANY rational explanation of why Ted Cruz isn't the obvious Conservative choice for folks who want to punish the imagined "GOPe"? Yeah, that's my opinion.

In the absence of ANY rational explanation for the enabling of a vulgar, ignorant thug as the face of the only political Party that has stood for Constitutionally faithful freedom, security and markets?  Yeah, that's my opinion.

Hey, I couldn't possibly have any lower opinion of Trump supporters than he does himself:   "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

That's quite an insight into his view of the intelligence and rectitude of his supporters, isn't it?  How could I possibly have less respect for his acolytes than he does?

I consider Trump's supporters either misguided dupes of a con man or vandals hellbent to burn everything conservatism has built down with no regard to what will replace it.   I don't consider either a virtuous trait.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:22:31 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline Hank Rearden

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2016, 10:23:24 pm »

Three types of Trump supporters I've seen at FR. Not sure if all three are on this forum too.

1. True believers. They support Trump's public stances on the issues and believe he will deliver.

2. Opportunists. They could care less what Trump believes. It's all about about power/revenge against both the Dems and the GOPe.

3. Paid shills. The most intolerant and ridiculous supporters of Trump (or any candidate for that matter). Alinsky tactics are applied to silence political dissent. For example, there's someone who pretends to be a black female Army officer. Given the content and quantity posted, it would not be surprising if that person is actually male, lives in India or the Philippines, and on a campaign or PAC payroll to astroturf for Trump.
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans." - Gen. Robert E. Lee

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2016, 10:27:13 pm »

I thought it was really sweet that Carly spent so much time talking [and yes singing too] about her love for Ted and Heidi's daughters. I'm certain the girls got a huge kick out of that! And what is living about if not uplifting the young around us? And as you saw if you watched, Carly likes to talk just like Ted does [and she evidently needs no teleprompter either]; they are an outstanding hi-spirited team. And with God's help [and Carly mentioned God about twenty times if not more] maybe they can "C"bisquit their way to a win.

Cruz/Carly 2016!
:thumbsup2:
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2016, 10:27:39 pm »
Three types of Trump supporters I've seen at FR. Not sure if all three are on this forum too.

1. True believers. They support Trump's public stances on the issues and believe he will deliver.

2. Opportunists. They could care less what Trump believes. It's all about about power/revenge against both the Dems and the GOPe.

3. Paid shills. The most intolerant and ridiculous supporters of Trump (or any candidate for that matter). Alinsky tactics are applied to silence political dissent. For example, there's someone who pretends to be a black female Army officer. Given the content and quantity posted, it would not be surprising if that person is actually male, lives in India or the Philippines, and on a campaign or PAC payroll to astroturf for Trump.

4.  Sicked of being lied to by the GOPe.  See 2015 Omnibus Bill, 2013 funding of ObamaCare, TPA/TPP, etc. etc.

Stick with thinking we are uncritical thinkers if that makes you feel better about yourself.  Meanwhile, you Cruz supporters have watch him go from anti-establishment candidate to presently begging the GOPe and John Kasich for help.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2016, 10:28:38 pm »

A-Lert

« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2016, 10:38:08 pm »
Well ...

In the absence of ANY rational explanation of why Donald Trump is anything but a lifelong Democrat crony and bagman who is staging a hostile takeover of the GOP and conservative movement? Yeah, that's my opinion.

In the absence of ANY rational explanation of why Ted Cruz isn't the obvious Conservative choice for folks who want to punish the imagined "GOPe"? Yeah, that's my opinion.

In the absence of ANY rational explanation for the enabling of a vulgar, ignorant thug as the face of the only political Party that has stood for Constitutionally faithful freedom, security and markets?  Yeah, that's my opinion.

Hey, I couldn't possibly have any lower opinion of Trump supporters than he does himself:   "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

That's quite an insight into his view of the intelligence and rectitude of his supporters, isn't it?  How could I possibly have less respect for his acolytes than he does?

I consider Trump's supporters either misguided dupes of a con man or vandals hellbent to burn everything conservatism has built down with no regard to what will replace it.   I don't consider either a virtuous trait.

Why is it that the only time you anti-Trumps take anything Trump says seriously is when he makes an off-the-cuff hyperbolic statement. Really, who are the dupes? The hatred of the anti-Trumps is palpable. The senseless, mindless, vulgar insults hurled at Trump supporters is a direct reflection on you, the self-professed  "conservative Christians".

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2016, 10:40:44 pm »
I have no problem being politically invesTED in a capable, knowledgeable and serious conservative.

On the other hand, I would be embarrassed beyond words to associate myself with a rude, obnoxious, poorly-educated bully who gleefully whips crowds into orgasms of anger and resentment and who will, if nominated, destroy what is left of the Republican Party to which he has never been truly attached in the first place.

And in truth: it is Trump's supporters, and not Trump who have finally made up my mind for me.

I will NEVER vote for that piece of garbage, no matter what - because of his corrosive and debasing influence.

What you said. Well done. goopo!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2016, 10:41:24 pm »
Why is it that the only time you anti-Trumps take anything Trump says seriously is when he makes an off-the-cuff hyperbolic statement. Really, who are the dupes? The hatred of the anti-Trumps is palpable. The senseless, mindless, vulgar insults hurled at Trump supporters is a direct reflection on you, the self-professed  "conservative Christians".

If I recall correctly A-Lert I had to remove one of your senseless, mindless, vulgar insults this morning so knock off your sanctimonious crap!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2016, 10:51:15 pm »
I have no problem being politically invesTED in a capable, knowledgeable and serious conservative.

On the other hand, I would be embarrassed beyond words to associate myself with a rude, obnoxious, poorly-educated bully who gleefully whips crowds into orgasms of anger and resentment and who will, if nominated, destroy what is left of the Republican Party to which he has never been truly attached in the first place.

And in truth: it is Trump's supporters, and not Trump who have finally made up my mind for me.

I will NEVER vote for that piece of garbage, no matter what - because of his corrosive and debasing influence.

I meant to comment on this post earlier, but I got sidetracked.  This says what I think too.  Great post.

A-Lert

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2016, 10:53:27 pm »
If I recall correctly A-Lert I had to remove one of your senseless, mindless, vulgar insults this morning so knock off your sanctimonious crap!

And exactly what did you find so senseless, mindless and vulgar about the post? I asked and never received a response. I would like ALL POSTERS  to see what you consider senseless, mindless and vulgar. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2016, 10:55:21 pm »

88finger point

Pot, meet kettle. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2016, 11:00:09 pm »
And exactly what did you find so senseless, mindless and vulgar about the post? I asked and never received a response. I would like ALL POSTERS  to see what you consider senseless, mindless and vulgar.

You told a member *he had no principles*

Funny...filing a post report on me..are you do for a vacation...I think so!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2016, 11:06:19 pm »

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:05:04 am by Right_in_Virginia »