Author Topic: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation  (Read 14323 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2016, 12:05:33 am »
Think the 'waiting period' argument was litigated years ago at TOS.

Most people know most people on this forum for many years......

:seeya:  /  :smokin:

So why not wait until you post for a month or so before you go taking a stab at judging Trump supporters on this forum?

Is that something you can be comfortable with?
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2016, 12:07:10 am »
Anyhow, back to the thread, wow, Cruz is getting CLOBBERED by every political analyst I've seen tonight.  Even the pro-Cruz talking heads seem embarrassed and know it's over.  Time to jump ship and save their own careers in politics at this point, isn't it? 

Thanks for the opportunity to post this again....now that we're back on track.  Cruz is becoming a laughingstock. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2016, 12:13:04 am »
I agree that the Cruz/Fiorina pairing is a good one.  Carly is one of the most articulate voices for conservatism out there (IMHO), and I love that she's Cruz' choice for VP.

It's a strong ticket, and I think could beat Hillary handily.

My wife, not excited at all about Cruz, and would never ever vote for Trump, all of a sudden is excited about the election again. She loves Carly. I suspect many other Right-leaning women feel the same. The Prime Directive is still to keep Trump from getting to 1237, and picking Carly will help. We can worry about the convention, and what happens there, when it gets here. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2016, 12:13:41 am »
How is your #4 any different than my #1 (True Believers)?

As for who I support, I prefer Cruz but will vote for Trump if he's the nominee. Both are flawed.

You'll find that the majority of Trump supporters will vote for whoever is the GOP nominee. There is no perfect candidate, not even one that is close to perfect, yet anti-Trumps keep accusing us of believing Trump is our "Lord and Savior".

It's that kind of mindless crap that makes any kind of meaningful debate impossible.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2016, 12:15:26 am »
This is quite telling, isn't it?

Anyhow, back to the thread, wow, Cruz is getting CLOBBERED by every political analyst I've seen tonight.  Even the pro-Cruz talking heads seem embarrassed and know it's over.  Time to jump ship and save their own careers in politics at this point, isn't it?

Who, exactly, are the "pro-Cruz talking heads"?

Were they featured during Greta's Trump "Town Hall"?

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2016, 12:15:38 am »
The latest breaking news is that, tomorrow, Cruz will announce his transition team and the site of his presidential library on Friday.

Now that was hysterically funny! :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2016, 12:16:36 am »
My wife, not excited at all about Cruz, and would never ever vote for Trump, all of a sudden is excited about the election again. She loves Carly. I suspect many other Right-leaning women feel the same. The Prime Directive is still to keep Trump from getting to 1237, and picking Carly will help. We can worry about the convention, and what happens there, when it gets here.

Completely agree.  Carly hit the right notes with a lot of Conservative women.  She's as bright as they come, and strongly principled.  She'll bring, IMO, personality and life into the Cruz campaign, and I think you're right that the timing is good.

Others may disagree, but I think it was a wise choice by Cruz to pick her now.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2016, 12:17:56 am »
Thanks for the opportunity to post this again....now that we're back on track.  Cruz is becoming a laughingstock. 

I didn't think Drudge could top this one

LEND ME YOUR EARS: KERRY DOES IOWA

...yet here we are!   :silly:
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2016, 12:18:10 am »
My wife as well. Got her to vote Cruz in NY because it was looking like Carly then.

Keeping the wives interested for the general is key..

WHOEVER the nominee....

My wife, not excited at all about Cruz, and would never ever vote for Trump, all of a sudden is excited about the election again. She loves Carly. I suspect many other Right-leaning women feel the same...
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2016, 12:18:17 am »
Now that was hysterically funny! :silly:

Agree!

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2016, 12:20:08 am »

The "skinny lady"?

Precocious little dandy Matt Drudge seems to have some issues with the female of our species.

Hard to believe he's found a fellowship with Trump.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2016, 12:22:05 am »
How is your #4 any different than my #1 (True Believers)?

As for who I support, I prefer Cruz but will vote for Trump if he's the nominee. Both are flawed.

I'm the same way!   :beer:

Your stance on that as a Cruz supporter puts you in a tiny minority, though.

I refer you to these two threads so you can see who the actual True Believers are on this board.  Post there if you want to have a substantive discussion about these results.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,203242.0.html

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,203243.0.html

Offline musiclady

« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2016, 12:22:41 am »
The "skinny lady"?

Precocious little dandy Matt Drudge seems to have some issues with the female of our species.

Beautiful sarcasm, Arne.   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2016, 12:23:34 am »
The "skinny lady"?

It's a play on words, Arne.  A clever play on words, so I'm sure that's why you are all butthurt about it.  You may not understand why it's funny. 

You Cruz supporters are the most PC crowd I've ever seen in a GOP primary. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:28:56 am by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2016, 12:26:08 am »

Man i think Cruz is trying to out trump trump in the crazy antics.  Worked for trump... Let's see how it works for Ted.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2016, 12:29:20 am »
It's a play on words, Arne.  A clever play on words, so I'm sure that's why you are all butthurt about it.

I get it.  Carly sang the song she shared with Cruz' daughters.  She has a thin build.

Drudge isn't clever.  He'd never make the cut for one of Murdoch's tabloid headline writers.

This is mean spirited but what else would appeal to Trump's boorish cultists from a guy who beards with Ann Coulter?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2016, 12:34:12 am »
I get it.  Carly sang the song she shared with Cruz' daughters.  She has a thin build.

Drudge isn't clever.  He'd never make the cut for one of Murdoch's tabloid headline writers.

Everybody else in America is laughing about that headline.  It's so funny and so clever!   :silly:

This is mean spirited but what else would appeal to Trump's boorish cultists from a guy who beards with Ann Coulter?

The only way it's mean-spirited is if you are wrapped up in PC, and if you've never heard the phrase "it ain't over until the fat lady sings," which is a fairly common term in sports these days.  Of course, "basketball ring" Cruz and his supporters may have never heard of it, I suppose.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2016, 12:35:44 am »
I sat and watched and listened to Cruz and then to Fiorina.  I think they make a great team and are well matched!  Both are very principled, both are passionate about restoring this country (and yes Carly used the word restore), adhering to the Constitution and both spoke from the heart with conviction.  There just isn't any comparison to the lousy foreign policy speech Trump gave earlier in the day. They both made Trump look and sound totally incompetent.

One thing I am certain of; both Cruz and Carly are ready to lead this country and both will beat Hillary!

Cruz/Carly 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2016, 12:38:46 am »
Do I need a title?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:39:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2016, 12:45:19 am »
For a man many claim is smart, he re-invites this into his campaig.   :shrug:

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2016, 12:46:17 am »
It's a play on words, Arne.  A clever play on words, so I'm sure that's why you are all butthurt about it.  You may not understand why it's funny. 

"Butthurt." Sigh. One of the puerile memes I was desperate to get away from at FR.

I guess it is finally time to use that "ignore" feature.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2016, 12:48:48 am »
Do I need a title?

Are you serious?  Reduced to posting unflattering pictures of Fiorina?

Your boy is a target-rich environment for goofiness:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2016, 12:49:37 am »
Do I need a title?

Sigh... and here we go with the attacks on a person's looks...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2016, 12:50:15 am »
"Butthurt." Sigh. One of the puerile memes I was desperate to get away from at FR.

I put him on ignore awhile ago and a few others (much more pleasant around here without them) BTW welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:51:10 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2016, 12:50:55 am »

The ignore feature is GREAT!