Author Topic: Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything  (Read 18477 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2016, 04:19:45 pm »
Not anymore we're not!

Can't hang with Trump propagandists!

Ah Bigun he offered you an olive branch :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2016, 04:22:57 pm »
So getting back to the point of the earlier discussions and setting aside the  :chairbang:, what does the Trump campaign plan to do to bring back the #nevertrump group other than telling them to get lost?  Even given that the GOP may well stop trying to keep him out of winning the first vote, it's obvious a lot of Republicans right now are saying no under any circumstances.  I'm not yet seeing how Trump could win the GE even with an undivided Party.  Denying there's a problem doesn't seem to be working.  :pondering:

I believe that common sense, reason and the patently obvious fact that there are stark differences between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump on policy...will bring back all but the most rabid. Honestly, those trying to act as if Hillary and Donald are "the same" are trying to be balance a cognitive dissonance that is just impossible to maintain. I get "why" they are doing it, they hate Trump based on his personal crassness and style...and they understand that he IS to the left of guys like Cruz on most social issues. So its easier to join a group like NeverTrump if you, in your conscience, paint the other guy as Lucifer incarnate. Psychologically, its a pretty common approach...heck, even John Boehner takes it =).

As the campaign morphs into a Trump vs Clinton event, the differences between the two will be drawn very sharply, we are actually seeing this already. In fact, Far Left groups are terrified and angry at Trump because they are clearly seeing the contrasts...which are own NeverTrumps are evidently blind to. Today in California, a host of young illegal immigrants basically rioted outside a Trump convention because they are apoplectic over his approach to immigration and building a wall...so while they NeverTrumps may want to disbelieve everything from Trump, the other side is not so blind to what is coming and they are going to fight it mightily.

You can often judge, or at least define, a leader by who his enemies are and with Trump you can define his "real" political positions accordingly. His social moderacy, while well right of Clinton, enrages the Far Right in his own party. His strong stances on National Defense, government, immigration, SCJ appointments, abortion, and business/taxes are enraging liberals across the breadth of the nation. So by Trump's opposition alone, you can place DT's political positioning almost precisely.

Now the two extremes are intent on painting DT as being either radically to the Left, or alternately, somewhere beyond the reactionary right. They do so, because it facilitates their own opposition to his policies, which they dislike...and which, ironically, they believe he WILL implement to their detriment. But the cognitive dissonance these contradictory positions engender, is readily apparent to anyone NOT a card carrying member of each "Far" group.

So for those who don't believe DT's own words, because he once was a businessman who tried to "split the baby" and appease politicians and leaders on both sides of the aisle, simply look to his current enemies if you need confirmation that his political positions as verbalized today are real.

I cannot guarantee Trump will beat Clinton. Likewise for Cruz, Kasich or any other potential candidate. Elections are complex, subject to whim and event, and are always guided by factors that only become clear after the fact. But two things have generally been true; polls prior to the conventions are of little value, and positioning to take votes from Independents and the political center is critical to success. Now, neither of these truisms are ALWAYS true, but they are generally good guidelines when approaching any election.

As such, DT is well positioned with the key groups in this election...Reagan Dems and Independents. His problem, and it would be a problem no matter who the eventual GOP nominee is...is that the GOP has some genuine and deep ideological divides within its ranks. Cruz and Trump are simply embodying what already exists within this party.

On one hand we have a powerful core (perhaps 30%) of strict social conservatives. On the other, a core of economic conservatives (30) who tend to social Libertarianism. In the middle (the other 40%), we have a 3rd core who seem to straddle elements of both philosophies. These elements, particular the first two are warring over the direction of the party and the designation of its leadership...whilst the final 3rd tends to focus on issues of electability and unity. Resolving these internal conflicts is key to winning in November...as it has been in the last two elections. This is not new, and it is a major contributing factor in GOP defeat over the past decade in presidential elections.

Let me add, that its a tad unfortunate that Cruz and Trump are the two men who now embody the core groups of the GOP...neither are prone to compromise and both seem to have an overabundance of ego and certainty in their own "rightness". Those who claim we on the Trump side cannot see the faults he has, are not giving us the credit we deserve. Like most voters, we see a balance sheet and believe Donald comes out on the "green" side at the bottom of the ledger.

Perhaps its no coincidence that the GOP race has come down to two very uncompromising men, and they...stylistically and ideologically...are simply reflecting the ideals and feelings of their constituencies...which would be my guess. But the larger point is, BOTH these men are now responsible for finding a way to heal the divide in the party...or at least mitigating it. Either they will, and we will win this election. And fair or not, the burden for mitigating that party rift falls disproportionately on the shoulders of which of these two men LOSES the nomination race. The defeated candidate will either work to bring the party back together or he will not. If he doesn't, Hillary Clinton will nominate the next 3 SCJ's and continue us down the path of higher taxes, unrestrained immigration with citizenship, more government, the collapse of the middle class, economic malaise and international weakness...and the erosion of many of our cherished Bill of Rights protections.

The cost of failing to unify will be steep...and the bill will be delivered to the NeverTrump and/or NeverCruz adherents.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline LMAO

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2016, 04:24:53 pm »

I remember when Trump first started in this campaign, I read he met with Bill Clinton BEFORE he signed up to run.  I thought that was very strange.  I don't know if you are wrong or right about Trump doing this to assure Clinton wins but why meet with Bill Clinton just before signing up? 

When I first heard that, I thought it was odd as I'm sure Clinton knew his wife planned on running for POTUS this year. I won't attempt to speculate what they talked about as it would require me to pull my Tin Foil Hat out of the closet. But I can understand the suspicion people have considering the circumstance 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2016, 04:25:33 pm »
Ah Bigun he offered you an olive branch :shrug:

Yeah! To bad I find myself not needing any at present!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2016, 04:26:59 pm »
@Bigun   @mystery-ak
"Bigun...you both know personal attacks are not allowed..consider this a warning."

Bigun, I sign up and you are here and now you have a warning.  Being the lovable person you are  :laugh: don't get tossed off here.   :nono: 

I remember when Trump first started in this campaign, I read he met with Bill Clinton BEFORE he signed up to run.  I thought that was very strange.  I don't know if you are wrong or right about Trump doing this to assure Clinton wins but why meet with Bill Clinton just before signing up? 

My opinion is, Trump is a used car salesman with no morals, no core belief except for himself.   He gets what he wants or destroys those around him, blaming all his errors on someone else. 

Based on his past behavior, I think he has a learning disability and I have tested over a thousand learning disabled children (assoc. school psychologist, psychological examiner, professional counselor).  His early behavior suggests he has such a disability.  His father said Trump was difficult to control when a young child.  Trump physically attacked his music teacher in the third grade; he would have been 8 years old.  What do you do in music class?  Sing.  I don't think he could read the words to a song or either was not able to pronounce the words.  The teacher likely encouraged him to do what he could not do, so he attacked him to stop the situation pointing out his disability.

Then, his behavior was so poor at age 13, he was sent away from home to a military school to try to change his behavior.   He acts out when he can't perform.  Creating chaos stops the focus on his inability.

I think he doesn't use a teleprompter because he can't read the words.  Now, he had a teleprompter for the first time when he spoke about foreign policy this week.  I would bet the words on there were very simple.

His speech pattern also suggests a learning disability.  He seldom speaks a complete sentence - his words are disjointed, said in random and he repeats the same words over and over.  Language experts evaluated his spoken language during the debates to be at a fourth grade level.  I believe that to be correct.

Bigun, I wouldn't be able to post this on the other website now without being banned.

His IQ is around 144 and he's graduated from a famous Ivy League Business school...Wharton. He's made billions in real estate and other businesses...but you assess, from a distance, that he is learning disabled. Brilliant.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2016, 04:29:29 pm »
The cost of failing to unify will be steep...and the bill will be delivered to the NeverTrump and/or NeverCruz adherents.

On the contrary, Trump's supporters gave us this cretin when we told them we would not vote for him.   We are only joining the other 60 million Americans who will not vote for anybody on the presidential line this fall.  So you can present your bill, but YOU will pay it.

Even if I am the only one, I will never vote for Trump.  He not only is unqualified for the office, he doesn't deserve to hold it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2016, 04:31:30 pm »
I believe that common sense, reason and the patently obvious fact that there are stark differences between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump on policy...will bring back all but the most rabid. Honestly, those trying to act as if Hillary and Donald are "the same" are trying to be balance a cognitive dissonance that is just impossible to maintain. I get "why" they are doing it, they hate Trump based on his personal crassness and style...and they understand that he IS to the left of guys like Cruz on most social issues. So its easier to join a group like NeverTrump if you, in your conscience, paint the other guy as Lucifer incarnate. Psychologically, its a pretty common approach...heck, even John Boehner takes it =).

I'm not disliking Trump on his crassness or his personality. I dislike him because he espouses left wing policies, backtracks on his right wing policies, puts position papers and press releases on positions that he never talks on, and most of all he trashes the records of people like Scott Walker, who has won it and DONE IT. Not 'yeah yeah yeah I'm a business guy, a business guy'.

I've been thru the unity crap with McCain and Romney. Not happening this time, because Trump is to the left of both of them. Not going to elect the neo-Nixon establishment candidate.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:32:27 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2016, 04:31:55 pm »
His IQ is around 144 and he's graduated from a famous Ivy League Business school...Wharton. He's made billions in real estate and other businesses...but you assess, from a distance, that he is learning disabled. Brilliant.

More BS! He attended the Wharton school! A PREP school in case you didn't know and does not have an MBA from anywhere! He could have simply invested his inheritance in a S&P index fund and been many times wealthier than he presently is! Brilliant he is NOT! Not by any stretch!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2016, 04:37:43 pm »

On the contrary, Trump's supporters gave us this cretin when we told them we would not vote for him.   We are only joining the other 60 million Americans who will not vote for anybody on the presidential line this fall. So you can present your bill, but YOU will pay it.

Even if I am the only one, I will never vote for Trump.  He not only is unqualified for the office, he doesn't deserve to hold it.

And in doing so, you are electing Hillary Clinton. The same would be true if Cruz won and the Trump people were to sit out. Taking a "Never" position, from either side, means the GOP will "Never" win. You don't get veto power over who the other GOP voters vote for in the primaries...you get to vote for the guy you support. We are ALL in that same boat. When "our" guy doesn't win, we can take our ball and go home...or we can be adults and unify to fight the obviously greater evil. If you choose the former, be you a Cruz OR a Trump follower...you are the problem and YOU get to bear the responsibility for what YOU do. If you are OK with this being your responsibility, so be it...but you don't get to blame others and proclaim they should have voted for someone YOU like. We all vote as we choose, and the mature/wise people rally around the party's nominee...OR...they facilitate Mrs. Clinton.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2016, 04:42:37 pm »
And in doing so, you are electing Hillary Clinton. The same would be true if Cruz won and the Trump people were to sit out. Taking a "Never" position, from either side, means the GOP will "Never" win. You don't get veto power over who the other GOP voters vote for in the primaries...you get to vote for the guy you support. We are ALL in that same boat. When "our" guy doesn't win, we can take our ball and go home...or we can be adults and unify to fight the obviously greater evil. If you choose the former, be you a Cruz OR a Trump follower...you are the problem and YOU get to bear the responsibility for what YOU do. If you are OK with this being your responsibility, so be it...but you don't get to blame others and proclaim they should have voted for someone YOU like. We all vote as we choose, and the mature/wise people rally around the party's nominee...OR...they facilitate Mrs. Clinton.

Mesaclone, the Jim Rob garbage isn't going to work here. Get off the Jesus complex. Trump is a northeastern liberal, he's flip flopped 10X more than Romney. I barely know what the guy stands for, but I can guarantee you all he will do is make deals, and all we will have is the same old-same old John Boehner/Mitch McConnell style of leading us right off the cliff.

You keep trying to make like there is this big gap between Hillary and Trump. There isn't. Not enough to make anyone vote for him. If you can't stand for what Scott Walker did as governor, you stand for nothing I want to be a part of.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:01:00 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2016, 04:52:27 pm »
More BS! He attended the Wharton school! A PREP school in case you didn't know and does not have an MBA from anywhere! He could have simply invested his inheritance in a S&P index fund and been many times wealthier than he presently is! Brilliant he is NOT! Not by any stretch!

So wrong, but why should this be different.

He graduated from Wharton in 1968...and yes, that's an Ivy League degree.

He started with a million dollar loan...a very nice head start. And built a multi-billion dollar empire. His father died in 1999, so Trump was already worth billions before inheriting a dime....so your S&P comment is just diversion, in addition to being factually incorrect.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2016, 04:54:08 pm »

I don't support anybody.   Don't lecture me.  You do what you want and I'll do what I want.  Let's just leave it at that.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2016, 04:55:11 pm »
Your quoted IQ of 144 is purely subjective. The majority of his business ventures have been failures outside of real estate where he hit the jackpot on a few investments. His graduating from Wharton proves nothing without a closer look at transcripts and without talking to classmates for a fuller picture of the type of student he was. We can make our own assessments of his capabilities from listening to his unscripted ramblings and nonsensical proposals in debates and on the campaign trail.

Of course, a lot of really dumb guys have turned a million bucks into multi-billions. Happens all the time. As for drawing your own conclusions...generally, you have a right to your own opinions but not to your own facts. But by all means, if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2016, 04:57:01 pm »
I don't support anybody.   Don't lecture me.  You do what you want and I'll do what I want.  Let's just leave it at that.

Works for me. As soon as you stop lecturing people on Mr. Trump...on a discussion board...I'll be glad to quit lecturing you on your lectures. On a discussion board.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:58:39 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2016, 05:00:47 pm »
Mesaclone, the Jim Rob garbage isn't going to work here. Get off your Jesus complex. Trump is a northeastern liberal, he's flip flopped 10X more than Romney. I barely know what the guy stands for, but I can guarantee you all he will do is make deals, and all we will have is the same old-same old John Boehner/Mitch McConnell style of leading us right off the cliff.

You keep trying to make like there is this big gap between Hillary and Trump. There isn't. Not enough to make anyone vote for him. If you can't stand for what Scott Walker did as governor, you stand for nothing I want to be a part of.

I do, because there is a vast gulf between them politically. On virtually every relevant issue...in fact, its hard to think of one issue on which they agree.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2016, 05:01:15 pm »
So wrong, but why should this be different.

He graduated from Wharton in 1968...and yes, that's an Ivy League degree.

He started with a million dollar loan...a very nice head start. And built a multi-billion dollar empire. His father died in 1999, so Trump was already worth billions before inheriting a dime....so your S&P comment is just diversion, in addition to being factually incorrect.

Yet more BS!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/29/the-myth-and-the-reality-of-donald-trumps-business-empire/

Not exactly a right wing rag!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »
Yet more BS!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/29/the-myth-and-the-reality-of-donald-trumps-business-empire/

Not exactly a right wing rag!

He did well there, and then went to Fordham University, a Jesuit school in the Bronx, for two years, before transferring to the University of Pennsylvania and studied economics for two years, graduating in 1968 with a bachelor’s degree

How much clearer can it get. He graduated in 1968 with an Ivy League degree. from your own link, no less.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2016, 05:10:07 pm »

He did well there, and then went to Fordham University, a Jesuit school in the Bronx, for two years, before transferring to the University of Pennsylvania and studied economics for two years, graduating in 1968 with a bachelor’s degree

How much clearer can it get. He graduated in 1968 with an Ivy League degree. from your own link, no less.

Yep! A BS degree! And not and MBA from Wharton as you have been trying to imply!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2016, 05:10:50 pm »
It might well happen simply because he will believe that style that swept him into the GE will work during the GE.  I don't see him doing it to purposely lose as his ego would beat him over the head for it.  And if he hasn't considered how the media will swarm over him, he needs to start thinking about that.

If you've been watching Trump from early in his campaign, you'll see that his presentation has changed and will be changing from here on out.  He is just casting a wider net now and so his delivery will adapt, now that he sees himself as the presumptive nominee. 

He's a fast learner, an intelligent man that has been prominent in the news for a long time - every interview, photo, etc is preserved.  He's a goldmine of material.  But, he's not a bumbling used-car salesman.  He is a successful person that has survived a very public life and changes in the economy!  People may not like his style, but you will see a different candidate now - a more reasoned and thoughtful candidate that will have spells of breaking the chains of Political Correctness, telling it like it is!

The next phase is the Fight Against Hillary part.  That will be fun to watch!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Springfield Reformer

« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2016, 05:21:34 pm »

The problem is that boiling the frog can take a long time, and the frog tends not to notice the small increments in the rising temperature. The left has long operated in terms of the Hegelian dialectic, presenting two options which taken together represent a shift to the left, but which always allows for the choice of the less left option as the infamous lesser evil. This is a trap, and the only folks on whom it doesn't work are those who reject the false premise of the lesser evil. Conscience is the answer. If we vote according to our best lights, and refuse to bend the knee to vile persons, even if they are less vile than someone else, we are the ones who will change things for the better, not those who submit to being manipulated by the left. It's hard being a refusenik. But sometimes it is absolutely the best  thing to do.

Peace,

SR
Winston Churchill: No Peace Till Victory!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2016, 05:56:25 pm »
Yes a true BS degree. :silly:  And yes I noticed the smooth pivot from the initial claims.

I implied no such thing. That's called your "imagination". No pivot needed.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2016, 06:00:46 pm »
Nice job missing the point. The statement was that most of his business ventures outside of real estate were failures. Your statement of dumb guys turning a million bucks into multi-billions has no bearing on the obvious that outside of real estate trump has no real success story, except as a Pied Piper.

Now, please show me where I used my own facts? Or is that just more hyperbolic nonsense thrown out.

What a silly statement. Outside of the BILLIONS he made in Real Estate he hasn't had much success. That's like saying "outside of conquering the known world, Rome was just a little city-state".

Here's the fact: The man is a wildly successful businessman turning a million dollars into billions.

You can't change or mitigate that fact...every entrepreneur has setbacks and failures...their "success" is measured like an accountants ledger. In Trump's case, the above fact is evidenced quite plainly by the fact that he now has billions upon billions of dollars. That's irrefutable.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2016, 06:04:28 pm »
What a silly statement. Outside of the BILLIONS he made in Real Estate he hasn't had much success. That's like saying "outside of conquering the known world, Rome was just a little city-state".

Here's the fact: The man is a wildly successful businessman turning a million dollars into billions.

You can't change or mitigate that fact...every entrepreneur has setbacks and failures...their "success" is measured like an accountants ledger. In Trump's case, the above fact is evidenced quite plainly by the fact that he now has billions upon billions of dollars. That's irrefutable.

Trump Exaggerating His Net Worth (By 100%) In Presidential Bid

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/2015/06/16/trump-exaggerating-his-net-worth-by-100-in-presidential-bid/#1af101e41a24

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2016, 06:33:15 pm »
:silly: :silly: What a hyperbolic comparison and a silly one at that. Every entrepreneur does not have setbacks and failures, so please do not be dishonest and state it as a fact. Also, their "success" is not necessarily measured like an accountants ledger. Success is a subjective term. Turning a million dollars into billions by trump? I would need trump to release more of his tax information and be privy to other details of his holdings and how he acquired them that are not publicly available before accessing your statement on turning a million into billions.  Oh...I forgot to write it like this. (excusez-moi)..BILLIONS (I realize that is the most important part of trump and the other billionaires of the world and his major character issues do not mitigate that mighty achievement, that paramount marker of how he would lead this country.  :thud:).

Now, I bid you adieu.

We can argue the hyperbolic nature of billions all day...its a bit silly.

As for character, that's a whole other debate...as the current discussion was asserting that his business acumen was lacking, and so I addressed the issue from a fiscal perspective. If you want to talk character, look no further than Mr. Cruz...who is despised by virtually all of his colleagues for being a self-important, untrustworthy, donkey. Often, men we'll respect a guy who is staunch in his beliefs and adamant in his positions...so Cruz's problem is not a "values" issue, its a character and personality problem. And yes, that is important as it relates to leadership. He demonstrates zero ability to lead or influence...anyone beyond a hard core of Evangelists.

Adieu, as well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:33:57 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2016, 06:48:44 pm »
The problem is that boiling the frog can take a long time, and the frog tends not to notice the small increments in the rising temperature. The left has long operated in terms of the Hegelian dialectic, presenting two options which taken together represent a shift to the left, but which always allows for the choice of the less left option as the infamous lesser evil. This is a trap, and the only folks on whom it doesn't work are those who reject the false premise of the lesser evil. Conscience is the answer. If we vote according to our best lights, and refuse to bend the knee to vile persons, even if they are less vile than someone else, we are the ones who will change things for the better, not those who submit to being manipulated by the left. It's hard being a refusenik. But sometimes it is absolutely the best  thing to do.

Peace,

SR

:thumbsup:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy