Author Topic: Open Warfare: Romney calls Trump ‘a phony, a fraud’; Trump calls Romney ‘failed candidate’  (Read 16502 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Romney is just saying what millions of people are thinking. He is just not being politically correct about it. He turned off his filter. Isn't that what everyone wants now?

Funny, I bet if Jeb! were somehow leading now and some Conservative leader came out saying the same things, many who are gnashing teeth would be cheering.

Offline raml

Over on my facebook page many people who were undecided or leaning towards Cruz or Rubio are like me changing their support and going for Trump. People are so incensed about Romney and other establishment losers attacking who the people are voting for and want that they have had enough. If you don't understand that you will never be able to predict this race. I was simmering before and I leaned toward Cruz now Romney and others have pushed me over to boiling and the Trump side. The establishment has made a mess of things we kept giving them chances to change what Obama was doing but they refused and instead joined him against the American people. It is their own fault they are the cause for all of this and now we the people intend to take back the ownership of our country. I believe with all my heart and soul that Trump will also do his part in correcting a lot of what is wrong with this country.

Offline Carling

Mindlessness is a terrible thing to watch.

Again, irony.   :silly:

Tell me more about Krony Kay and how she wasn't a Rove plant against Perry.  That was mindless.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

Over on my facebook page many people who were undecided or leaning towards Cruz or Rubio are like me changing their support and going for Trump. People are so incensed about Romney and other establishment losers attacking who the people are voting for and want that they have had enough. If you don't understand that you will never be able to predict this race. I was simmering before and I leaned toward Cruz now Romney and others have pushed me over to boiling and the Trump side. The establishment has made a mess of things we kept giving them chances to change what Obama was doing but they refused and instead joined him against the American people. It is their own fault they are the cause for all of this and now we the people intend to take back the ownership of our country. I believe with all my heart and soul that Trump will also do his part in correcting a lot of what is wrong with this country.

You were supporting Cruz and Romney's one speech pushes you over to Trump?

An example of the mindlessness that governs the movement toward Trump.

You know Trump is not going to beat Hillary, don't you?  30% of the GOP will not vote for him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Romney is just saying what millions of people are thinking. He is just not being politically correct about it. He turned off his filter. Isn't that what everyone wants now?

Funny, I bet if Jeb! were somehow leading now and some Conservative leader came out saying the same things, many who are gnashing teeth would be cheering.

Romney in one day has attacked Trump more aggressively and more personally than he ever attacked Obama during the entire 2012 campaign.

That's what "millions of people" like me are thinking about this stupid stunt by Milquetoast Milt.  As soon as Cruz is out I'm 100% Trump solely because of people like the GOoPers here and the panic and outright disregard by the GOoPer elites of the will of their voters.

It's obvious to me that the GOoPers would prefer HRC over Trump so they can keep their crony capital games and contracts rolling along unfettered by an outsider.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:45:16 am by Carling »

Offline Carling

So was Romney being honest in 2012 when he was heaping praise on Trump, or is he being honest now when he uses the most ugly of personal attacks on Trump?

Either way, it's obvious to me who the "phony" and the "fraud" is in this exchange, and it isn't Trump.   :seeya:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I have been a loyal, in the trenches, Republican for more than 40 years. Been to every Republican state Convention in Texas since 1988 and served on numerous committees at those events. Have been elected to attend two National conventions as a voting delegate and it ALL ends if Trump is the nominee. I'll vote third party before I vote for Trump!

Very shortsighted, IMHO. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Though I do not approve of Romney inserting his two cents into the voting process right now, I believe with all my heart, soul and gut that Trump's duty is to make sure Hillary is president.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Carling

You know Trump is not going to beat Hillary, don't you?  30% of the GOP will not vote for him.

So now it's "mindless" to recognize that Milquetoast Milt today attacked the GOP front-runner 100x more viciously and personally than he ever attacked Obama in 2012?

To me it's mindless to miss this obvious tell by the GOoPers and who they really care about, and it isn't their voters.

Offline EdinVA

Sink, do you just copy/paste this stuff?
Seems to me I have read this exact post at least a hundred times today...

Offline EdinVA

Romney and the gop even made my 84 year old mother so mad SHE moved to Trump.
Never make mama mad...

Offline aligncare

Excellent. That's what elections are supposed to be! The elites may not like who the people have chosen but they have no legal or moral recourse to deny the people's choice. I suppose sure, they can send out Romney to badmouth the front runner. But that's going to leave an awful bad taste.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Very shortsighted, IMHO.

Perhaps! But I'm sleeping REALLY well now that I have come to that decision!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Sink, do you just copy/paste this stuff?
Seems to me I have read this exact post at least a hundred times today...

Trump is my example.  Just repeat the same stuff over and over and over. Works for him, doesn't it?

Online DCPatriot

BFD!   30% of Democrats will...at the rate we're going.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

BFD!   30% of Democrats will...at the rate we're going.    :laugh:

Wanna bet? I'll put a thousand dollars on that bet!!!

Online DCPatriot

Wanna bet? I'll put a thousand dollars on that bet!!!

A lot can happen before November, my friend.   

I mean, even Democrats watching Mitt Romney today, got sick to their stomachs.   His numbers are going to soar after tonight.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:19:38 am by DCPatriot »

Offline sinkspur

I mean, even Democrats watching Mitt Romney today, got sick to their stomachs.   His numbers are going to soar after tonight.

Which Democrats?  They hated it because ROmney trashed Hillary as much as he trashed Trump.

Watch the debate.  He's going to be on the defensive all night and he's not going to be able to explain any of his positions, like always.

Offline sinkspur

I guess you don't want to take the bet.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Perhaps! But I'm sleeping REALLY well now that I have come to that decision!

I too have come to the decision (and not easily) that I cannot and will not vote for Trump. I am not comfortable with his deplorable antics nor do I have any reason whatsoever to entrust him with the presidency. Above all else, I have stated many times that we have two choices; we can either vote for someone who will continue this country on a course towards destruction or we can be part of the restoration of this country.  I for quite sometime have firmly chosen to be part of the restoration and I am certainly not going to back down now.  I cannot with a clear conscious vote for someone who will add to the destruction of this country.  If Trump is the nominee, I have no problem voting my conscious; writing in the candidate of my choice or voting 3rd party.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Are you sure you aren't mistaking what you wish to be true for what is true?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I too have come to the decision (and not easily) that I cannot and will not vote for Trump. I am not comfortable with his deplorable antics nor do I have any reason whatsoever to entrust him with the presidency. Above all else, I have stated many times that we have two choices; we can either vote for someone who will continue this country on a course towards destruction or we can be part of the restoration of this country.  I for quite sometime have firmly chosen to be part of the restoration and I am certainly not going to back down now.  I cannot with a clear conscious vote for someone who will add to the destruction of this country.  If Trump is the nominee, I have no problem voting my conscious; writing in the candidate of my choice or voting 3rd party.

:thumbsup:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

I guess you don't want to take the bet.

Buddy....after Romney's loss, you must be kidding.   :laugh:

Offline NavyCanDo

I have been a loyal, in the trenches, Republican for more than 40 years. Been to every Republican state Convention in Texas since 1988 and served on numerous committees at those events. Have been elected to attend two National conventions as a voting delegate and it ALL ends if Trump is the nominee. I'll vote third party before I vote for Trump!

:amen:

You and me both. I've been voting for 40 years, and for Republicans every time, even if they were not my first choice. I will not vote for Trump. He will take a wrecking ball to the Republicans party, and by the time his term is up we would have given back both houses to the Democrats. Not seeing how that is a good thing.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot