Author Topic: Open Warfare: Romney calls Trump ‘a phony, a fraud’; Trump calls Romney ‘failed candidate’  (Read 16500 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This image sez it all:

I've pretty much stayed out of the Trump/anti-Trump slugfests here, partly because I don't have much to say and partly because I've reached a point in life where I just don't give a hoot no mo'.

I may vote for Mr. Trump, and I may not (see below).
But one thing I can tell y'all fer sure -- I ain't NEVER votin' for the GOPe types again!
The types you see on that plane above.
"Never" means NEVER.

I've already decided to NOT vote in the presidential contest this year.
I will make ONE exception to that scenario.

IF Donald Trump becomes the nominee, and IF he actually is running competitively in my state (Connecticut), I may cast a vote for Mr. Trump, in the hope that it might actually make a difference.

But even that is unlikely here, in a deep blue state where I doubt any Republican could ever stand a chance of winning a presidential contest again.

So right now, I've got no dog in this fight.
Might never have one again.

That is all...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I have been a loyal, in the trenches, Republican for more than 40 years. Been to every Republican state Convention in Texas since 1988 and served on numerous committees at those events. Have been elected to attend two National conventions as a voting delegate and it ALL ends if Trump is the nominee. I'll vote third party before I vote for Trump! 

Nah...I just don't believe this of you, Bigun.  And I mean that as a compliment to the man I've come to know all these years through this site.  The knowledge that you helped move Hillary Clinton into the Oval Office would haunt you through eternity.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This image sez it all:

I've pretty much stayed out of the Trump/anti-Trump slugfests here, partly because I don't have much to say and partly because I've reached a point in life where I just don't give a hoot no mo'.

But one thing I can tell y'all fer sure -- I ain't NEVER votin' for the GOPe types again!
"Never" means NEVER.

IF Donald Trump becomes the nominee, and IF he actually is running competitively in my state (Connecticut), I may cast a vote for Mr. Trump, in the hope that it might actually make a difference.

But even that is unlikely here, in a deep blue state where I doubt any Republican could ever stand a chance of winning a presidential contest again.

That is all...

I feel ya, Fish!   I feel ya!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

David Freddoso ‏@freddoso  2m2 minutes ago
Trump on Romney: "He demeaned 47% of our country."

Total amateur. Trump is up to at least 83% by now.
5 retweets 4 likes
Reply   Retweet  5   
Like 4 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This image sez it all:

"Never" means NEVER.

That is all...

I'm right there with you on the no more GOPe thing but not the Trump thing. I won't ever vote for Trump but have and will
 again vote for Ted Cruz!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:56:47 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Romney in one day has attacked Trump more aggressively and more personally than he ever attacked Obama during the entire 2012 campaign.

Of course.  Tactics change when the target is a vulgarian.   

That's what "millions of people" like me are thinking about this stupid stunt by Milquetoast Milt.  As soon as Cruz is out I'm 100% Trump solely because of people like the GOoPers here and the panic and outright disregard by the GOoPer elites of the will of their voters.

Why do you take such offense at being lumped in with the stupid when you base your vote for President on the theory of cutting off one's nose to spite the face?

It's obvious to me that the GOoPers would prefer HRC over Trump so they can keep their crony capital games and contracts rolling along unfettered by an outsider.

That's ridiculous.   There's no conspiracy here,  just millions of us who don't want to turn the GOP into the National Front.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:16:59 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
Trump was on Morning Joe this morning.  Mika asked him to name three people in the foreign policy area he admired and would seek the counsel of.

He stumbled around and said "Well, there are a lot of people I want to talk to, like Richard Haas who's been on your show,  like Walid....there are lots of people."

Trump hasn't even thought about any advisers.  He couldn't even come up with the last name of Walid Pheres, who's a Middle Eastern expert.  He brought up Haas because he's seen him on Morning Joe.

Trump is so shallow and he revealed it this morning. Hell, he reveals it every time he opens his mouth.

He's never been anything but rich narcissistic white trash!!!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

A-Lert

You were supporting Cruz and Romney's one speech pushes you over to Trump?

An example of the mindlessness that governs the movement toward Trump.

You know Trump is not going to beat Hillary, don't you?  30% of the GOP will not vote for him.

IOW you are stating that 30% of the GOP don't see Hillary as a threat to the security of the USA..

Offline sinkspur

IOW you are stating that 30% of the GOP don't see Hillary as a threat to the security of the USA..

30% see Trump as an embarrassment, a jerk, a clown, and a man who advocates war crimes. Anyone who can vote for him after last night is certifiable.

A-Lert

30% see Trump as an embarrassment, a jerk, a clown, and a man who advocates war crimes. Anyone who can vote for him after last night is certifiable.

IOW you are stating that 30% of the GOP don't see Hillary as a threat to the security of the USA are certifiable. Thanks, I knew would be in agreement on at least one point.

Online DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Romney's prepared address attacking Trump was a big nothing burger and here's why: Romney is an acknowledged sharp businessman. At Bain Capital he researched failing companies with an eye towards purchasing at a bargain price and turning it around. He knows how to research a company's strengths and weaknesses; that's what he did so well at Bain.

His speech was a tired recital of four bankruptcies, Trump University, Trump steaks, Trump branded clothing made overseas, and some of the lame personal attacks: he's a conman, a fraud, all of the same coordinated Rubio attack lines.

But he never laid a hand, and no one ever has, on Trump's corporation, The Trump Organization. Everything Romney talked about had to do with his licensing businesses, which is a small potatoes sideline for Trump.

So, all of Romney's criticism was of vendors who purchased the right to put the "Donald Trump" name on products and services Donald had nothing to do with--except allowing his name to be used.

The Donald Trump Organization remains a powerhouse corporation. Mitt Romney who is expert at uncovering a corporation's strengths and weaknesses, found nothing to criticize in The Trump Organization. And let's not forget, too, that this was nothing but a political hit directed by the RNC establishment.

In other words, a great big nothingburger.

Offline EdinVA

That leaves 70% in favor of Trump... we can live with that.....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Nonsense.  We're not at the voting stage yet.  We're trying to figure out who our candidate will be.  And, it should be someone who can beat Hillary.

A-Lert

Nonsense.  We're not at the voting stage yet.  We're trying to figure out who our candidate will be.  And, it should be someone who can beat Hillary.

Anybody with the desire to be POTUS and to make America great again shouldn't have a problem beating that evil, lying witch.

Offline aligncare

Anybody with the desire to be POTUS and to make America great again shouldn't have a problem beating that evil, lying witch.

There is even serious doubt Hillary will make it to the convention, unless they hold it in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

Offline sinkspur

That leaves 70% in favor of Trump... we can live with that.....

That 30% is a floor, not a ceiling.

One thing Trump won't get:  more than 20% of the Hispanic vote.  That's a guaranteed loser.

Offline sinkspur

Online DCPatriot

That 30% is a floor, not a ceiling.

One thing Trump won't get:  more than 20% of the Hispanic vote.  That's a guaranteed loser.

One thing Trump WILL get.....more than enough of the Black vote.   That's a guaranteed winner.

Offline aligncare

One thing Trump WILL get.....more than enough of the Black vote.   That's a guaranteed winner.

Black folk get that Obama has been bringing in illegals WHO TAKE THEIR JOBS. Black unemployment rate especially young blacks is abysmal.

Offline sinkspur

He won't get more than 5%.  I'm willing to bet on that, too.

Offline sinkspur

Black folk get that Obama has been bringing in illegals WHO TAKE THEIR JOBS. Black unemployment rate especially young blacks is abysmal.

LOL!! When Obama's out campaigning for Hillary, they'll fall in love with him again.  Blacks are not going to vote for a bigot who waffled on the KKK.

Online DCPatriot

LOL!! When Obama's out campaigning for Hillary, they'll fall in love with him again.  Blacks are not going to vote for a bigot who waffled on the KKK.

Black athletes and celebrities are endorsing him.  Calypso Louie "I like what I'm hearing", too.

It's a bit too early claim that, Sink.

A-Lert

When Obama's out campaigning for Hillary,

Now that is funny!

Offline sinkspur

Black athletes and celebrities are endorsing him.  Calypso Louie "I like what I'm hearing", too.

It's a bit too early claim that, Sink.

Trump no doubt welcomes the endorsement of the virulently anti-semitic, anti-Catholic Farrakhan. Fits right in with the rest of his crowd.