Author Topic: Open Warfare: Romney calls Trump ‘a phony, a fraud’; Trump calls Romney ‘failed candidate’  (Read 16506 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'm not sure why you posted this because it has nothing to do with what I posted about Trump being the nominee and the GOoPers preferring HRC over him.

Carling,  you seem a bit obsessed over my statement that I will vote for Clinton over Trump if I have to.   Let's have a dialogue here.  This isn't like 2012,  where so many conservatives stayed home over their issues with Romney's ideological purity.   That's not what animates my opposition to Trump.

Let's assume that you, as I do, were to genuinely believe that the GOP nominee is a bigot and a proto-fascist with a temperament wholly unsuited to the role of Commander in Chief.   How would you react if I pulled the snotty crap you've pulled with me?  Explain to me why "party loyalty" should obligate either of us to vote for someone that we believe to a dangerous and unstable bigot?    Are you really saying that those qualities should not be disqualifying?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'm not sure why you posted this because it has nothing to do with what I posted about Trump being the nominee and the GOoPers preferring HRC over him.

I've been around conservatives online since 2008 and I heard plenty of this against Romney and McCain in 2012 and 2008. This sentiment was all over FR.

Eg: they were staying home, etc, thought it was better to have Obama than a RINO etc. like "McLame" or Romney.

So don't pretend only the #NeverTrump people invented this sort of nonsense.

But facts are facts. Polls aren't everything but they do matter.

Offline Relic

Carling,  you seem a bit obsessed over my statement that I will vote for Clinton over Trump if I have to.   Let's have a dialogue here.  This isn't like 2012,  where so many conservatives stayed home over their issues with Romney's ideological purity.   That's not what animates my opposition to Trump.

Let's assume that you, as I do, were to genuinely believe that the GOP nominee is a bigot and a proto-fascist with a temperament wholly unsuited to the role of Commander in Chief.   How would you react if I pulled the snotty crap you've pulled with me?  Explain to me why "party loyalty" should obligate either of us to vote for someone that we believe to a dangerous and unstable bigot?    Are you really saying that those qualities should not be disqualifying?   

Trump is an unknown quantity. I will acknowledge that he is unsavory, spiteful, and narcissistic.
HRC is a known quantity. She is a proven liar, power hungry, an America hater, and to put it simply, evil.

There is a chance Trump could do some good. At worst, a GOP Congress would fight him tooth and nail, and nothing would get done. One thing you can count on from the GOP, they will fight a Republican who doesn't toe the line much harder than they'd fight any Democrat.
There is zero chance HRC would do good for America, and it's very likely that the GOP Congress would lay down for the first woman president and claim they are unable to stop her.

You keep claiming it's not party politics, but what's good for America. Please explain how President Clinton would be better for America and Americans than President Trump?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You may be right... Wonder what the backlash will be if the gope does that?

John Voight/Clint Eastwood    :smokin:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:52:23 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

I've been around conservatives online since 2008 and I heard plenty of this against Romney and McCain in 2012 and 2008. This sentiment was all over FR.

Eg: they were staying home, etc, thought it was better to have Obama than a RINO etc. like "McLame" or Romney.

So don't pretend only the #NeverTrump people invented this sort of nonsense.

But facts are facts. Polls aren't everything but they do matter.

No, they didn't invent this stuff, but they did criticize the heck out of those who used these tactics. Now, they find the tactic to be acceptable. They aren't RINOs, they are HYPOs, (hypocrites).

Offline Paladin

"He hasn't self-funded his campaign. It is a total lie that he keeps spewing. Here is just a partial list. The whole list of top donor companies is available on opensecrets.com"

Link?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

Yeah, that's right, Trump's a big fat liar....on an issue that's easily checked out by anybody. :facepalm2:

It must be happy hour in Washington state.

Offline EdinVA

John Voight/Clint Eastwood    :smokin:

Sorry DC... I refuse to support hollywierd so I have not been to the movies in 30 years.... help me out here.. :)

Offline aligncare

Sorry DC... I refuse to support hollywierd so I have not been to the movies in 30 years.... help me out here.. :)

That's good to hear, Ed. Same here.

I figure the only way I can impact the situation is to deny Hollywood my ticket price.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He hasn't self-funded his campaign. It is a total lie that he keeps spewing. Here is just a partial list. The whole list of top donor companies is available on opensecrets.com

Manchester Financial Group  $50,000
AON Corp  $27,700
Ajd Construction  $25,000
MDC Holdings  $10,800
Crown Acquisitions  $10,000
Iron Hound Management  $10,000
Ralph Lauren  $10,000
In Mocean Group  $10,000
Equitable Adjusters LLC  $10,000
Adjfam Management  $10,000
Rainbow Apparel Companies  $10,000
Gellert Global Group  $10,000
Braha Brothers LLC  $10,000
Milwaukee Rheumatology Center  $5,400
Emergency Care Dynamics  $5,400
Heritage Bag Co  $5,400

Not to mention all of the free media.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Trump is an unknown quantity. I will acknowledge that he is unsavory, spiteful, and narcissistic.
HRC is a known quantity. She is a proven liar, power hungry, an America hater, and to put it simply, evil.

There is a chance Trump could do some good. At worst, a GOP Congress would fight him tooth and nail, and nothing would get done. One thing you can count on from the GOP, they will fight a Republican who doesn't toe the line much harder than they'd fight any Democrat.
There is zero chance HRC would do good for America, and it's very likely that the GOP Congress would lay down for the first woman president and claim they are unable to stop her.

You keep claiming it's not party politics, but what's good for America. Please explain how President Clinton would be better for America and Americans than President Trump?

That's a good argument.

If it comes down to Trump vs Clinton.  I'm trying to keep that from being our choices.

Offline GourmetDan

No, they didn't invent this stuff, but they did criticize the heck out of those who used these tactics. Now, they find the tactic to be acceptable. They aren't RINOs, they are HYPOs, (hypocrites).

Seems to me that Trump is using the same tactic that Reagan used when he made his infamous "We begin bombing in 5 minutes" remark during his re-election campaign...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EdinVA

That's good to hear, Ed. Same here.

I figure the only way I can impact the situation is to deny Hollywood my ticket price.

Well, I have not driven any of them into bankruptcy, but I will, someday..  :beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Just listened to playback of Romney, and recent Rubio speech indicating close similarities.

I would be ashamed of falsely posing online as an anti-establishment person then turning and trying to subvert the voters' choices.

The character of those falsely posing online needs to be discussed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

Seems to me that Trump is using the same tactic that Reagan used when he made his infamous "We begin bombing in 5 minutes" remark during his re-election campaign...

Except Reagan would never have engaged in gutter language to make his point.  But, he's communicating at the level his supporters understand.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

You can spout off all the gopE and democratic talking points all you want, but his support will follow him.

Quite frankly, the GOP needs to remove Trump supporters from their midst (or vice versa, depending on how the primary ends up).  The two factions are incompatible with each other.

Offline Paladin

Well, I have not driven any of them into bankruptcy, but I will, someday.. 

You and me both, brother.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

Just listened to playback of Romney, and recent Rubio speech indicating close similarities.

Hannity made the same observation on his radio show. He spoke of his trust for Rubio but also voiced concerns as to how these attacks on Trump appear to coordinated.

Offline Paladin

Quite frankly, the GOP needs to remove Trump supporters from their midst (or vice versa, depending on how the primary ends up).  The two factions are incompatible with each other.

Relic has made much the same point but in a different way. I agree with both of you. I cannot see how the Republican Party factions can come together after how ugly this primary season has been and is.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Welp the "GOPe" cannot win in November without Trump supporters, and vice-versa. That there is a fact.

We're in a real bind here, folks.

Offline DCPatriot

Relic....that's just wow!   May I steal it? 

...with attribution, of course!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Romney made his bucks and reputation by raiding companies, stripping them down, and burning employees in his wake.

Then he has the gall to badmouth Donald Trump's business model.    :whistle:

Offline aligncare

Welp the "GOPe" cannot win in November without Trump supporters, and vice-versa. That there is a fact.

We're in a real bind here, folks.

A dose of reality. Thank you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Didn't you exist on this site by an earlier name? Godzilla or some such?

That is "phony" and if true, you are a "fraud."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Except Reagan would never have engaged in gutter language to make his point.  But, he's communicating at the level his supporters understand.

In all candor, I'm beginning to find your pain and frustration funny.  Please, don't stop.  You've become great comic relief. 

Thanks!      :bighug: