Author Topic: Donald Trump Floats Idea of a Third-Party Run Again  (Read 4792 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Donald Trump Floats Idea of a Third-Party Run Again
« on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:11 pm »
Paging Ross Perot

... "The whole room was made of special interests and donors, which is a disgrace from the RNC," Trump said. "The RNC better get its act together because, you know, I signed a pledge. The pledge isn’t being honored by the RNC."

Trump signed an RNC pledge in September, agreeing not to run a third-party candidacy and to support the eventual Republican nominee.

"I signed a pledge, but it’s a double-edged pledge. As far as I’m concerned, they’re in default on their pledge," Trump said of the RNC. ....

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-floats-idea-party-run/story?id=36951580

Offline Longiron

Re: Donald Trump Floats Idea of a Third-Party Run Again
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 07:48:01 pm »
Yes he did, The RNC pledge works both ways and the RNC is not being fair when they stack the HOUSE against him, Give RUBIO the questions and The network flashes RUBIO supposedly stance in the corner of your TV screen  right before they ask him a question about immigration. And he still F***ed it up and started sweating while reading his notes. We need a new PARTY and this WAS a warning shot at the RNC and hope they got it! :patriot:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 07:55:03 pm »
Yes he did, The RNC pledge works both ways and the RNC is not being fair when they stack the HOUSE against him....

Guess he isn't that good of a deal maker/salesman as he claims if he couldn't even win over that crowd. How is he going to win over real critics and adversaries like Putin, Nieto, and Xi Jinping? Even Cruz, who the same group hates even worse, got some applause lines and did a better job selling himself.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 07:55:24 pm »
Trump's complaint is entirely justified.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 08:18:07 pm »
Yes he did, The RNC pledge works both ways and the RNC is not being fair when they stack the HOUSE against him, Give RUBIO the questions and The network flashes RUBIO supposedly stance in the corner of your TV screen  right before they ask him a question about immigration. And he still F***ed it up and started sweating while reading his notes. We need a new PARTY and this WAS a warning shot at the RNC and hope they got it! :patriot:

I know I get it!  The RNC either forbids any moderator from asking Trump any embarrassing questions or he goes indie.  The RNC needs to inform debate audiences that only cheering for Trump will be allowed or he goes indie.  No polls are to be released showing Trump sliding...anywhere or anything showing his negatives, or he goes indie.  All other candidates are to be made to understand the penalty for saying anything negative about Trump...or he goes indie.  If Trump berates women, military POWs, disabled, Hispanics, former presidents etc., everyone should suck it up because he is going to make America great again...or he goes indie.   

And the next person who accuses Mr. Trump of whining will be responsible for him taking his $billions...and going indie... :whistle:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 08:19:32 pm »
Trump's complaint is entirely justified.

Yeah! Right!  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 08:28:29 pm »
Guess he isn't that good of a deal maker/salesman as he claims if he couldn't even win over that crowd. How is he going to win over real critics and adversaries like Putin, Nieto, and Xi Jinping? Even Cruz, who the same group hates even worse, got some applause lines and did a better job selling himself.

I noticed that, too. He was plainly incapable of hypnotizing those donors and lobbyists into loving him and cheering him, instead of booing him. I guess Trump's just a miserable failure.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 08:35:15 pm »
I know I get it!  The RNC either forbids any moderator from asking Trump any embarrassing questions or he goes indie.  The RNC needs to inform debate audiences that only cheering for Trump will be allowed or he goes indie.  No polls are to be released showing Trump sliding...anywhere or anything showing his negatives, or he goes indie.  All other candidates are to be made to understand the penalty for saying anything negative about Trump...or he goes indie.  If Trump berates women, military POWs, disabled, Hispanics, former presidents etc., everyone should suck it up because he is going to make America great again...or he goes indie.   

And the next person who accuses Mr. Trump of whining will be responsible for him taking his $billions...and going indie... :whistle:

"The RNC needs to inform debate audiences that only cheering for Trump will be allowed or he goes indie split 90% of all available seats among all of the six remaining candidates.

They purposely stacked the audience against the outsiders, Trump and Cruz.

And just like Homey.......Trump "don't [sic] play that!"

You obviously don't "get it" this time,  MAC.    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 08:37:54 pm »
I noticed that, too. He was plainly incapable of hypnotizing those donors and lobbyists into loving him and cheering him, instead of booing him. I guess Trump's just a miserable failure.

I'm on the fence now, ac.  I am thinking that another 20,000+ anti-Trump posts here before March 15 may tip me over!   :silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 08:40:28 pm »
I'm on the fence now, ac.  I am thinking that another 20,000+ anti-Trump posts here before March 15 may tip me over!   :silly:

If you're looking for 20K+ anti-Trump posts, I guess the pro-Trumpers had best get busy, because it will take at least 30k pro-Trump posts to generate that.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 08:42:15 pm »
Ah, yes, the sarcastic equivalent of sticking the fingers in the ears and screaming LALALALALA
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 08:42:48 pm »
If you're looking for 20K+ anti-Trump posts, I guess the pro-Trumpers had best get busy, because it will take at least 30k pro-Trump posts to generate that.

I don't think so...  I see one or two people here (Happy & longiron) making some pro-Trump posts, and I just sit and watch the screen fill with the anti-Trump screed all day long!  It is very comical to watch.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 08:44:07 pm »
Ah, yes, the sarcastic equivalent of sticking the fingers in the ears and screaming LALALALALA

What, you think that I would ever let whatever is posted on a message forum influence my vote?  You're kidding, right?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 08:45:28 pm »

LOL!  I wish I could claim the same thing, Katz.

My disappointment of his attacking GWB for 9-11 and lying to the nation about WMD's in Iraq has progressed to anger.

Rush tempered it a bit today, suggesting that perhaps Trump was courting the Democrats and Independents in SC....as it's an Open Primary...where RATS can vote in the Republican primary there.

But Trump is beginning to make me VERY uneasy.

OTOH....the only other candidate I'd consider is Ted Cruz....and he's not electable this time around.   He's a 1976 Reagan.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 08:46:26 pm »
I don't think so...  I see one or two people here (Happy & longiron) making some pro-Trump posts, and I just sit and watch the screen fill with the anti-Trump screed all day long!  It is very comical to watch.

:beer:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 08:48:39 pm »

My disappointment of his attacking GWB for 9-11 and lying to the nation about WMD's in Iraq has progressed to anger.

Rush tempered it a bit today, suggesting that perhaps Trump was courting the Democrats and Independents in SC....as it's an Open Primary...where RATS can vote in the Republican primary there.

OTOH....the only other candidate I'd consider is Ted Cruz....and he's not electable this time around.   He's a 1976 Reagan.

I don't let it bother me in the least, DC.  We are watching the game of politics being played pretty much like it has never been played in our lifetimes.  The fact that he has had people jumping up and down virtually every day since he entered the race is just amazing to watch.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 08:52:32 pm »

Trump knew the score when he went into this debate as far as the stacked audience. The reason he is whining about it after the fact is that he wasn't able to use it to his advantage like he thought he could.

We know he isn't afraid to walk away from a debate he finds unfair so why did he gleefully roll into this one?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 08:53:47 pm »
"The RNC needs to inform debate audiences that only cheering for Trump will be allowed or he goes indie split 90% of all available seats among all of the six remaining candidates.

They purposely stacked the audience against the outsiders, Trump and Cruz.

And just like Homey.......Trump "don't [sic] play that!"

You obviously don't "get it" this time,  MAC.    :laugh:

I rarely "get it" most times.  :laugh:

the problem is there might still a a few boos...and cheers for the wrong candidate.  Then Trump might go indie... :smokin:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 08:57:16 pm »

YES!  What you said!  If someone here has the time to kill, I'd like to see the figures - how many anti-Trump posts vs pro-Trump!

Like you, I come onto TBR and make a mental note that every single post on the home page is about Trump - and have a good chuckle about it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But then, I guess it does help to vent about it.  I'm sure it's healthier to let it out rather than keeping it inside and stewing about it. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 09:02:54 pm »

DC...as for 9/11, the truth of it is that was the fault of both the previous administration and Bush and mostly it was because it was very oddly unexpected...looking back with hindsight. To some extent it came from a philosophy, which both parties had and have that treats Islam like any other religion.  Trump over spoke to the meme that Bush kept us safe. Bush hasn't kept us safe because he started the Iraq disaster and the instability throughout the Middle East that has spawned terrorism and Iranian and Russian power developing within the region. That is where Bush can be faulted much more than on the oddly surprising 9/11. Trump hates Jeb, and it got the better of him on the debate moment.

Iraq (WMD's as an excuse for it) was either an intentional lie or gross stupidity.  I think it was a mix...you want to do something so you find reasons...one is not really better than the other. And the philosophy of that intervention is so grotesque that nothing can make it better.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 09:05:52 pm »

I guess now, we're not even supposed to put up a fight.

Selective perception, preceded by selective outrage, are the precursor signs of ....yes, that's right: DTDS.

I'll use me as an example to explain. I make dozens of pro-Trump posts, but a handful of anti-"other" candidate posts. My ratio is probably something like 50:5.

Now, some here think that we on the pro-Trump side don't notice, but we do see which members have a ratio of pro-"their candidate" to anti-Trump posts more in line of 5:50. Oh, yes. We see whothe bitter partisans are who substitute insults for reasoning. Yes, we do.

There is a notable contingent that posts exclusively anti-Trump, with no indication whom there are for.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 09:10:14 pm »
YES!  What you said!  If someone here has the time to kill, I'd like to see the figures - how many anti-Trump posts vs pro-Trump!

Like you, I come onto TBR and make a mental note that every single post on the home page is about Trump - and have a good chuckle about it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But then, I guess it does help to vent about it.  I'm sure it's healthier to let it out rather than keeping it inside and stewing about it. 

Yes, that's pretty much the way I see it...  just some folks blowing off some steam in a fairly controlled manner.  Nothing wrong with that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 09:14:33 pm »

A perfect description of what's going on with the pro-Trump crowd. 

He's untouchable.  Everything he says is righteous, and all those opposed, idiots.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 09:15:38 pm »
Trump knew the score when he went into this debate as far as the stacked audience. The reason he is whining about it after the fact is that he wasn't able to use it to his advantage like he thought he could.

We know he isn't afraid to walk away from a debate he finds unfair so why did he gleefully roll into this one?

Because he's emotionally five years old, and does and says whatever he feels like doing and saying.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 09:16:15 pm »

DC, I hear you, but I really think you underestimate Cruz.  He is electable.