Author Topic: Donald Trump Floats Idea of a Third-Party Run Again  (Read 4794 times)

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Donald Trump Floats Idea of a Third-Party Run Again
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 09:17:22 pm »
I guess now, we're not even supposed to put up a fight.

Selective perception, preceded by selective outrage, are the precursor signs of ....yes, that's right: DTDS.

I'll use me as an example to explain. I make dozens of pro-Trump posts, but a handful of anti-"other" candidate posts. My ratio is probably something like 50:5.

Now, some here think that we on the pro-Trump side don't notice, but we do see which members have a ratio of pro-"their candidate" to anti-Trump posts more in line of 5:50. Oh, yes. We see whothe bitter partisans are who substitute insults for reasoning. Yes, we do.

There is a notable contingent that posts exclusively anti-Trump, with no indication whom there are for.

Like my last reply to alice, ac, I just view it as people letting off some steam about things.  Harmless and non-consequential. 

I have to believe that everyone is smart enough to realize, that even if every active member here could pool their votes into one district, it wouldn't move the needle one way or another in even the smallest districts around (except those weird little towns in NH!). 

And I seriously doubt that any person here is going to change their primary choice at this point, based on the latest SHOCKING article that is posted about any candidate.

Wingnut

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 09:20:02 pm »
Trump knew the score when he went into this debate as far as the stacked audience. The reason he is whining about it after the fact is that he wasn't able to use it to his advantage like he thought he could.

We know he isn't afraid to walk away from a debate he finds unfair so why did he gleefully roll into this one?

In general it is a huge mistake for the candidates to keep having these debates. It makes most of them look like morons and is surely doing more harm than good. 

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 09:25:17 pm »
Somehow I have a feeling that if Bush, Rubio, or Kasich were leading in the polls, a lot more threads about them would be stacking up.  Personally I don't care much for any of the candidates.  I wish I could be as invested in one as some here are.  I'm envious!  :patriot:  But I know the only hope for conservatism is the GOP, and in spite of all of its shortcomings...and its candidates, I can hold my nose in November along with the best of 'em.   0005
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 09:33:26 pm »
A perfect description of what's going on with the pro-Trump crowd. 

He's untouchable.  Everything he says is righteous, and all those opposed, idiots.

I don't know where you get that from, ml.  Maybe others have made posts that lead you to that conclusion, but I certainly don't.

I have said from day 1 that Trump makes many ham-handed and clumsy remarks at times.  (And he also makes remarks that are solely designed to yank everyone's collective chain, and hence dominate yet another 24 hour news cycle.)  He also makes remarks that I simply don't agree with, at least not if I take them literally.

As far as "all opposed (being) idiots," I couldn't agree less with that comment.  Personally, I don't think that we have any member posting here that is an "idiot."  This is probably the forum that has the most well-informed and highly intelligent members out there.  Some members have chosen Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, or Trump (I think that pretty much covers it at the present time).  I believe that each member has her/his own reasons for their choices, and I respect them for that.  That is why I rarely post anything negative about other candidates.  I have never viewed it as my job to convince others here that they "must" support one candidate or another.

I just cringe a bit though when I see some of the emotions flying so high at times.  I hope that after the general election things calm down a bit, and we can all get back to posting on the topics and issues that we pretty much find a lot of common ground on.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 09:49:01 pm »

He's untouchable.  Everything he says is righteous, and all those opposed, idiots.

Actually, they don't say we're idiots. No: we're deranged.

Our opposition to Trump is self-evidently informed by naught but irrational hatred and malice.

What else might possibly explain an aversion to a man of such singular genius and accomplishment? A straight-talking, principled leader of men whose unimpeachable character and brilliant oratory already shines like a beacon of truth through the Stygian darkness? A man of such incisiveness and clear-thinking who routinely and seemingly without effort tosses off timeless gems such as this:

“I don’t think I’ve made mistakes. Every time somebody said I made a mistake, they do the polls and my numbers go up, so I guess I haven't made any mistakes."

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”

“The other candidates — they went in, they didn’t know the air conditioning didn’t work. They sweated like dogs...How are they gonna beat ISIS? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.”

"Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have smart people. But we have stupid people."

"Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest—and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure, it’s not your fault".

And there you have it. Our Donald is Benjamin Disraeli, Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill and Ronald Reagan all wrapped into one.

I ask you: has any nation so informed as ours is at present ever deserved any better?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 09:57:47 pm »

Our opposition to Trump is self-evidently informed by naught but irrational hatred and malice.

What else might possibly explain an aversion to a man of such singular genius and accomplishment? A straight-talking, principled leader of men whose unimpeachable character and brilliant oratory already shines like a beacon of truth through the Stygian darkness? A man of such incisiveness and clear-thinking who routinely and seemingly without effort tosses off timeless gems such as this:

“I don’t think I’ve made mistakes. Every time somebody said I made a mistake, they do the polls and my numbers go up, so I guess I haven't made any mistakes."

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”

“The other candidates — they went in, they didn’t know the air conditioning didn’t work. They sweated like dogs...How are they gonna beat ISIS? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.”

"Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have smart people. But we have stupid people."

"Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest—and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure, it’s not your fault".

And there you have it. Our Donald is Benjamin Disraeli, Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill and Ronald Reagan all wrapped into one.

I ask you: has any nation so informed as ours is at present ever deserved any better?

Excellent summation counselor.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:30 pm »
Trump's complaint is entirely justified.

Trump's a crybaby.  He has to be "respected?"  A friggin' TRUTHER wants respect from a Republican crowd that loves George W. Bush?  A "Bush lied, people died" cretin wants his boots licked?

Internal polls must suck for him coming out of Saturday night. 

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 10:10:36 pm »
I guess now, we're not even supposed to put up a fight.

Selective perception, preceded by selective outrage, are the precursor signs of ....yes, that's right: DTDS.

I'll use me as an example to explain. I make dozens of pro-Trump posts, but a handful of anti-"other" candidate posts. My ratio is probably something like 50:5.

Now, some here think that we on the pro-Trump side don't notice, but we do see which members have a ratio of pro-"their candidate" to anti-Trump posts more in line of 5:50. Oh, yes. We see whothe bitter partisans are who substitute insults for reasoning. Yes, we do.

There is a notable contingent that posts exclusively anti-Trump, with no indication whom there are for.

Why  do I have to be "for" somebody right now?  It's early yet.

I could spend this whole election just opposing Trump and it would be my right to do so.  And I WILL oppose him, both in the primary and by sitting out the general if he's the nominee. Won't vote for a crazy Truther.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 03:54:52 am »

Deserves to be repeated, only bold this time.

The claim that Trump supporters haven't called others names and haven't supported every vile thing he's ever said or done, is pretty lame.

I don't read every thread, but I have yet to see any post from any of the handful of Trump devotees on this forum accept that he has ever done ANYthing wrong.  Even his bad behavior deserves praise in their thinking, and nothing he says or does is ever wrong.

He is some kind of savior to them, and I find that disturbing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 07:47:21 am »
I am going to post this one more time:

In November, I went to the SCGOP website to see how to get tickets for this debate.  It said submit your email with address and phone number.  It said in January they would draw from the lottery and everyone would be emailed if theybwere going to get 2 tickets.  I kept checking ty e website that thru January and week or so before debate, it said, "We decided not to do a lottery. We are going to give the tickets to the party FAITHFUL".
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:49:54 am by Repub4Truz »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 11:43:53 am »
I am going to post this one more time:

In November, I went to the SCGOP website to see how to get tickets for this debate.  It said submit your email with address and phone number.  It said in January they would draw from the lottery and everyone would be emailed if theybwere going to get 2 tickets.  I kept checking ty e website that thru January and week or so before debate, it said, "We decided not to do a lottery. We are going to give the tickets to the party FAITHFUL".

Well then....there you have it! 

Glad you posted this.  Hadn't seen it the first time.

Gerald Ford....Robert Dole...John McCain....Mitt Romney, for chrissakes.   ALL had their a$$es handed to them.

The question that keeps coming back to me is...How could so-called intelligent people keep making the same mistakes over and over again?   SOMEBODY is out-of-touch with the American Electorate....and it's not the people in the Trump camp.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2016, 12:23:26 pm »

That's how it is with cults.   

They're self-absorbed and don't play well.  They really should be supporting their Dear Leader on an independent basis.   Here's hoping Trump will make good on his threats and leave the GOP.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2016, 01:22:12 pm »
That's how it is with cults.   

They're self-absorbed and don't play well.  They really should be supporting their Dear Leader on an independent basis.   Here's hoping Trump will make good on his threats and leave the GOP.

His role has been, from day one, that of a stalking horse for Hillary.

The South isn't her firewall.

Trump is her firewall.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2016, 01:53:44 pm »
Well then....there you have it! 

Glad you posted this.  Hadn't seen it the first time.

Gerald Ford....Robert Dole...John McCain....Mitt Romney, for chrissakes.   ALL had their a$$es handed to them.

The question that keeps coming back to me is...How could so-called intelligent people keep making the same mistakes over and over again?   SOMEBODY is out-of-touch with the American Electorate....and it's not the people in the Trump camp.

That's a fair criticism DC.  Each of them did lose.  Having said that though, who in your mind from the more right wing candidates would have then drawn all the independents and moderate Dems who voted for the Democrat?  If a moderate couldn't win, how could someone more conservative.  Republicans had learned from the 1964 election that throwing in a very strong conservative could have its pitfalls in a general election.  In 1976 Ford was the incumbent, and in spite of pardoning Nixon was pretty likely to win.  His mistake was in not selecting Reagan as his running mate.

In 2008, who on the right could have inspired the Country to elect him rather than McCain?  Could it be Keyes, Tancredo, Huckabee, Paul, Brownback, Thompson, Hunter? 

In 2012 who could have brought in the entire Party and those who voted for Obama?  Perhaps Paul, maybe Cain, Perry, Santorum, Gingrich?  These guys ate themselves for lunch during the debates.

Reagan won two terms because he could inspire, and he brought in the Reagan Democrats.  Even Reagan distanced himself from the right wing as his nomination acceptance speech reflected.  But I've yet to see another such voice for all the Party.

Also it's important to remember influences outside of political ideology that motivate voters.  Wars and economies frequently play a significant role.  Romney should have beaten Obama, but the timing of Hurricane Sandy gave Obama a second wind (so to speak).  And of course in 2008, the economy, the war and Bush fatigue all led to McCain's defeat, not to mention his poor campaign.

I would love to see a reaganesque voice out there who I thought could bring the Country together.  Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats have one.  I know who I won't vote for this Saturday; I'm just not sure who I will pull the lever for.   :pondering:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2016, 02:07:13 pm »

That's a fair criticism DC.  Each of them did lose.  Having said that though, who in your mind from the more right wing candidates would have then drawn all the independents and moderate Dems who voted for the Democrat?  If a moderate couldn't win, how could someone more conservative.  Republicans had learned from the 1964 election that throwing in a very strong conservative could have its pitfalls in a general election.  In 1976 Ford was the incumbent, and in spite of pardoning Nixon was pretty likely to win.  His mistake was in not selecting Reagan as his running mate.

In 2008, who on the right could have inspired the Country to elect him rather than McCain?  Could it be Keyes, Tancredo, Huckabee, Paul, Brownback, Thompson, Hunter? 

In 2012 who could have brought in the entire Party and those who voted for Obama?  Perhaps Paul, maybe Cain, Perry, Santorum, Gingrich?  These guys ate themselves for lunch during the debates.

Reagan won two terms because he could inspire, and he brought in the Reagan Democrats.  Even Reagan distanced himself from the right wing as his nomination acceptance speech reflected.  But I've yet to see another such voice for all the Party.

Also it's important to remember influences outside of political ideology that motivate voters.  Wars and economies frequently play a significant role.  Romney should have beaten Obama, but the timing of Hurricane Sandy gave Obama a second wind (so to speak).  And of course in 2008, the economy, the war and Bush fatigue all led to McCain's defeat, not to mention his poor campaign.

I would love to see a reaganesque voice out there who I thought could bring the Country together.  Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats have one.  I know who I won't vote for this Saturday; I'm just not sure who I will pull the lever for.   :pondering:

Can't argue with any of your points, MAC.

It's just that...I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING!  And sick and tired of seeing the Republican Party not be an opposition party.

I believe that we're at the tipping point and unless the GOP wins the White House in November, America is finished as THE dream intended by the Founders.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 02:31:32 pm »

It's just that...I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING!  And sick and tired of seeing the Republican Party not be an opposition party.

I believe that we're at the tipping point and unless the GOP wins the White House in November, America is finished as THE dream intended by the Founders.

I'm with you DC.  Perhaps the GOP is not seeing the changing demographics in the Country.  I can see Obama winning in 2008.  He had everything going for him.  But the 2012 election by any logic should have gone to Romney.  Today we cannot write off any group.  Bad things are going to happen.  The economy is going to take a major hit again; wars are going to increase.  We are losing influence.  The Country is more ideologically splintered than ever or at least since the 1850s. Slogans aren't going to save things or make us great again.  Strong, effective leadership will be essential.  I don't see it anywhere.  The loss of Scalia couldn't have been at a worse time. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2016, 02:35:35 pm »
I'm with you DC.  Perhaps the GOP is not seeing the changing demographics in the Country.  I can see Obama winning in 2008.  He had everything going for him.  But the 2012 election by any logic should have gone to Romney. 

Romney lost because too many so-called "conservatives" stayed home on Election Day.  The nation didn't so much re-elect Obama as he was installed by the inactions of conscientious objectors.   

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 02:44:43 pm »
I'm on the fence now, ac.  I am thinking that another 20,000+ anti-Trump posts here before March 15 may tip me over!   :silly:

Yeah.   Why engage in any critical thinking on your own?

I haven't seen you Trump cultists present one cogent argument for supporting a petulant, bloviating and fraudulentl NYC liberal for POTUS on this allegedly conservative message board.

In the absence of any thoughtful, reasoned rationale I must conclude that one of three scenarios exist:

a.)  You folks are liberal Democrat moles
b.)  You folks are vandals more interested in sending the GOP a message and reinstalling a liberal POTUS than restoring Constitutional government and protecting America's future for our grandchildren.
c.)  You folks aren't very bright

None of the three scenarios is particularly flattering and any of the three is the very antithesis of being a responsible citizen.

Keep giggling.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:47:55 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 03:04:04 pm »
Romney lost because too many so-called "conservatives" stayed home on Election Day.  The nation didn't so much re-elect Obama as he was installed by the inactions of conscientious objectors.

It's in the demographics, hurricane Sandy aside.  The biggest could be the women's vote.  Romney lost that significantly, as well as all ethnic groups except white, all religious groups except white protestants, the young and the lower income groups.  IOW, as long as older white male well-to-do protestant voters outnumber everyone else, Republicans can win.  BTW 17% of self-described conservatives voted for Obama. 

Instead of alienating every group, perhaps Republicans need to explain how conservatism is a philosophy that can bring the Country back.  Not going to be easy.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 03:10:34 pm »

I haven't seen you Trump cultists present one cogent argument for supporting a petulant, bloviating and fraudulentl NYC liberal for POTUS on this allegedly conservative message board.

In the absence of any thoughtful, reasoned rationale I must conclude that one of three scenarios exist:

b.)  You folks are vandals more interested in sending the GOP a message and reinstalling a liberal POTUS than restoring Constitutional government and protecting America's future for our grandchildren.

None of the three scenarios is particularly flattering and any of the three is the very antithesis of being a responsible citizen.

Keep giggling.

Uh..Arnie....put down the bong.

First of all, this is not exclusively a Conservative board.  It's a GOP board.

And secondly, we've given cogent reasons up the Waazooh for backing Donald Trump.

You can take your God-fearing Social Conservative credentials and put them in your pocket.

BTW....did you vote for the Mormon?  Or, were you one of the ones who claimed to standing on your 'principles'?   :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 03:13:11 pm »

Keep giggling.

Yeah, that's the ticket! Trump supporters are just doofuses.

I see elitism is alive and well in the GOPe.  :boring:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2016, 03:14:11 pm »

Is it the GOP winning when you have a candidate running with "Bush lied, people died" as a campaign slogan, getting kudos from Code Pink and praising all the good work done by Planned Parenthood?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2016, 03:26:38 pm »

I see elitism is alive and well in the GOPe. 

Wanting our nominee to be an actual conservative, and an actual Republican with actual conservative values is now "elitism?"

Holy cow.  That's quite an intellectual stretch, isn't it?   **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2016, 03:28:00 pm »
Is it the GOP winning when you have a candidate running with "Bush lied, people died" as a campaign slogan, getting kudos from Code Pink and praising all the good work done by Planned Parenthood?

Supporting Trump is winning by losing.  Throw away all conservative values to get someone in the WH, who doesn't believe in anything conservatives believe in because of the perception he can "WIN".

Yep.  That's the ticket..... 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2016, 03:32:49 pm »

Lets' be fair, AC - Arne posed three possible explanations, only one of which is that Trump supporters are weak-minded fools.