Author Topic: Trump Won't do Debate  (Read 16962 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Trump Won't do Debate
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2016, 12:00:01 am »
Frankly, I hope this puts an end to these Gotcha Debates.  With the internet - surely there's a better way than letting these self-identifying "journalists" have such a big hand in our country's future.  Haven't we let the media destroy us long enough?

:thud:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2016, 12:06:06 am »
It isn't that he has failures, it is that he lies about and everyone has a false glowing picture of his success. His success isn't because he is some great developer or deal maker. His success is because he is a self-promoter. The highest paid carnival barker in the country mixed with a corrupt cronyism. Trump that everyone is going gaga now is a myth. Hell, read The Art of the Deal. He brags about his strategy of lying to get the deal. The Art of the Deal isn't a guide to ethical business, just the opposite, it is a guide for used car salesmen to part you from your money through creative exaggeration.

To put it in baseball terms, it would be like if Babe Ruth made a couple of home runs, but most he is credited towards he just paid Ty Cobb to hit for him and put his name on it.

And if Trump didn't keep getting corporate welfare or bailed out from the likes of the Saudis, Wall Street, or Soros, he probably would be broke. According to many analysis, he would have actually had a better return if he just stuck his money in an index fund and left it alone- ie his 'deals' yielded less of a return than the market. http://www.onthemoneyradio.org/sp-500-trumps-the-donald/

:amen:. Every word true. He's a salesman with an inflated sense of his own ability,and nothing more.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2016, 12:07:07 am »
Please...that's enough of that!

THANK you!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2016, 12:13:25 am »
I asked this before, but none of the Trump supporters have dared to try to answer it. If Trump wins the nomination certainly at least one of the Presidential debates will be done on FOX, and Rupert Murdoch will be nuts not to allow Megyn Kelly  to moderate. Will you be OK with Trump boycotting that debate with Hillary or Sanders?  Come on, it's an easy question.

Many past presidents have. President Johnson refused to debate Barry Goldwater. Hubert Humphrey refuse to debate Richard Nixon. Richard Nixon refuse to debate George McGovern.

Debates may or may not be helpful to you as a candidate. The campaign makes that decision. And certainly a sitting president running for reelection can brush off a challenge to debate. It's no big deal. All it takes is some political calculation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2016, 12:15:37 am »
No.

I won't respond to that because the site owner has asked me to not say any more about it,or to repeat it.

Believe what you want.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2016, 12:23:48 am »
I won't respond to that because the site owner has asked me to not say any more about it,or to repeat it.

Believe what you want.

Thanks for listening to the site owner.

And keep the garbage out of here, please..........  At the very least, it's completely irrelevant to anything worth discussing.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2016, 12:33:41 am »
Thanks for listening to the site owner.

And keep the garbage out of here, please..........  At the very least, it's completely irrelevant to anything worth discussing.

It's not garbae if it is the truth,but you are she are both right about it being irrelevant these days.

I will also freely admit that I think Boy Jorge always meant well,even if he was a horrible president.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2016, 12:40:50 am »
It's not garbae if it is the truth,but you are she are both right about it being irrelevant these days.

I will also freely admit that I think Boy Jorge always meant well,even if he was a horrible president.

You will find that most reasonable people on this forum still respect President Bush, while disagreeing with him on a number of subjects, sometimes intensely.  Disagreeing with policy is very different from absurd smears.

And, btw, your version of "truth" doesn't match with any known facts about him.

The last time I saw that kind of propaganda, it was coming from hard core leftists.

That's where it needs to stay.....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2016, 12:56:42 am »
You will find that most reasonable people on this forum still respect President Bush, while disagreeing with him on a number of subjects, sometimes intensely.  Disagreeing with policy is very different from absurd smears.

And, btw, your version of "truth" doesn't match with any known facts about him.

The last time I saw that kind of propaganda, it was coming from hard core leftists.

That's where it needs to stay.....

Are you REALLY going to stoop so low as to challenge me and call me names after I have already told you the site owner has asked me to stay silent about this issue?

Maybe you should take this up with her,and if she gives her ok,I will be  happy to tell you a lot of things you don't want to hear.

I do not like nor appreciate being attacked personally when I am in a position where I have already stated that I have agreed to not bring any more information forward.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:01:34 am by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #309 on: January 28, 2016, 02:08:40 am »
Many past presidents have. President Johnson refused to debate Barry Goldwater. Hubert Humphrey refuse to debate Richard Nixon. Richard Nixon refuse to debate George McGovern.

Debates may or may not be helpful to you as a candidate. The campaign makes that decision. And certainly a sitting president running for reelection can brush off a challenge to debate. It's no big deal. All it takes is some political calculation.

Well, Trump is refusing to do the debate on Fox and refusing to debate Cruz. He's brushing off two debates.  Is he not going to do anymore debates??  The debate on Fox is using moderators, the debate that Cruz challenged him to was a different style with no moderators (unless Donald wanted moderators).  Perhaps Trump will do a debate with CNN moderating -- you know his liberal buddies.

He knows that he's thrown punches and is afraid now of the repercussions.  Rather than face the music, he opts to sit on the sidelines. Either way you look at it, he is very cowardly.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:09:41 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #310 on: January 28, 2016, 02:11:54 am »
I can think of a couple of differences.

1a: Ventura is an actual Vietnam ERA veteran,even if he wasn't a SEAL and never went to VN.

1b: Trump claims attending a military school makes him "feel like a veteran",but got 3 draft deferments while the VN war was going on,and didn't serve a single day.

2a: Nobody doubts that Ventura would get nose to nose with you in a physical fight.

2b: Trump would have his bodyguards beat you up,and then use his political connections to have the police arrest you.

Trump has more in common with Ventura.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #311 on: January 28, 2016, 02:14:24 am »

:beer: 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #312 on: January 28, 2016, 02:27:15 am »

Mockery doesn't seem to be working? Humph.  There, there, now. At least it helps you vent, and you do feel better now don't you?

And you'll be happy to know that I have enjoyed many of the funny Trump pictures. I especially like it when they replace his hair with a furry animal. I just roll on the floor over that one.

Well, keep it up. Bye   :seeya:

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2016, 02:33:39 am »
Mockery doesn't seem to be working? Humph.  There, there, now. At least it helps you vent, and you do feel better now don't you?

And you'll be happy to know that I have enjoyed many of the funny Trump pictures. I especially like it when they replace his hair with a furry animal. I just roll on the floor over that one.

Well, keep it up. Bye   :seeya:

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2016, 02:34:29 am »
CNN just rejected Trump. They aren't changing his programming for his event. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,193086.0.html

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2016, 06:50:18 am »
I think you've trapped yourself in trying to trap me, Scott.  Too clever by half.....

The one "law" that Trump DOES support is Roe v. Wade.  He is "completely pro-choice," which includes partial birth abortion.

The Constitution is what he completely ignores, and will continue to ignore when he picks up his phone and his pen.

Actually, depending on what month it is, Trump has said he is Pro-Life and Pro-Abortion.  He is the Schrödinger's cat of politics.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #316 on: January 28, 2016, 01:49:18 pm »
Actually, depending on what month it is, Trump has said he is Pro-Life and Pro-Abortion.  He is the Schrödinger's cat of politics.

He is a scam artist that is whoever he needs to be to make the sale and get your money.

I picture him wearing a zebra skin sport coat with a velvet collar,and a string tie with jade clip,working as a salesman on a used car lot. He spots a teenage boy looking over a Mustang on the lot and goes out to make the sale by opening with,"That ain't oil leaking out under that car,son. It's sweat,from all the horsepower under the hood."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #317 on: January 28, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »

True enough.  He's played both sides of practically every issue out there.

But you can't support partial birth abortion, say you're "completely pro-choice" and magically become pro-life when you run for office as a so-called Republican.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2016, 02:19:08 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2016, 02:23:30 pm »

But you can't support partial birth abortion, say you're "completely pro-choice" and magically become pro-life when you run for office as a so-called Republican.

Sure you can. Politicians do that all the time. They call it "evolving on the issue".

In fact, Obama has 'evolved' on virtually every platform statement he made while running. He has evolved into being the exact opposite of everything he ran on to get elected.

If you watch any of his campaign speeches from the 08 run, you would wind up scratching your head and wondering what happened to 'that guy'. That guy is nothing even close to what we wound up with. Even most Dems recognize that they got duped.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2016, 02:31:45 pm »

Keep in mind he's a Democrat, turned Independent, turned Republican.

Since the 1988 presidential election, Trump has been considered a potential candidate for President in nearly every election. In October 1999, Trump declared himself a potential candidate for the Reform Party's presidential nomination, but withdrew on February 14, 2000. Trump rejoined the Republican Party in 2009. In early 2011, presidential speculation reached its highest point and Trump began to take a lead in polls among Republican candidates in the 2012 election. However, Trump announced in May 2011 that he would not be a candidate for the office.

In truth, Trump is a natural Democrat. His views on major issues are — or were until recently — standard-issue liberal..

Trump has supported massive tax increases on the wealthy, a Canadian-style single-payer health care system, and is a fierce protection. He once declared himself “strongly pro-choice” and favored drug legalization.

Earlier this year, he accused Republicans who want to reform entitlement programs — the essential task for those who favor limited government — of “attacking” Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Barack Obama couldn’t have said it better.

And Barney Frank couldn’t have better stated the Democrats’ line on who caused the 2008 financial crisis.

We need not consult Trump’s revisionist history of that crisis to figure out why he was a registered Democrat for most of the last decade. On key issues his views align closely with those of the Dems.

It’s as straightforward as that.

From The Hill last July:

“I probably identify more as a Democrat” so sayeth Donald J Trump a few years ago during a CNN interview. During the same interview he opinionated (he does a lot of that) that “It just seems that the economy does better under Democrats than the Republicans”. He confirmed his views just a few months ago on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” when he said ‘I identify with some things as a Democrat.”

Further back, he proclaimed Republicans “too crazy right.”

These are not just one-time gaffes since he had practiced what he has preached since that interview. Is Trump a crypto-Democrat?

He certainly has put his money where his mouth has been. Democrats have been the primary beneficiaries of his political donations until a few years ago when he started giving to Republicans. (See below.)

He has had high praise for the Clintons and opened his wallet to them.

In 2007, Hillary Clinton was on course to build support for her presidential run and he expressed confidence in her talents: “Hillary’s always surrounded herself with very good people. I think Hillary would do a good job” when predicting she would make a good deal with Iran. She was, Donald said, a “terrific woman.”

The strongest Trump supporters are registered Democrats. Sorry Democrats. In today’s New York Times, Nate Cohn crunches the statistics on Donald Trump’s supporters and reveals that the Donald “holds his greatest strength among registered Democrats who identify as Republican leaners.”   Another mind-boggling conclusion set forth by Cohn is that registered Republicans are “one of Mr. Trump’s weakest groups.” If you can’t wrap your mind around that, well join the club. Perhaps this helps explain why so many Republicans I know don’t care much for Trump as a Presidential candidate.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/12/31/strongest-trump-supporters-registered-democrat/

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/12/is_trump_a_democrat.html#ixzz3yY768jMU
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/why-donald-trump-was-a-democrat.php

Offline libertybele

« Reply #321 on: January 28, 2016, 02:33:40 pm »

:beer:  (I still like your picture of the ostrich with head buried in sand better).

Offline aligncare

« Reply #322 on: January 28, 2016, 02:45:45 pm »

Is that big bad scary Trumpman causing us some consternation here?

To release pressure rapidly quickly post funny photos of the object of your consternation. Ha ha ha.

See, feeling much better now.

(Remember, objects in the mirror may be closer than they look.)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #323 on: January 28, 2016, 02:46:38 pm »
Sure you can. Politicians do that all the time. They call it "evolving on the issue".

In fact, Obama has 'evolved' on virtually every platform statement he made while running. He has evolved into being the exact opposite of everything he ran on to get elected.

If you watch any of his campaign speeches from the 08 run, you would wind up scratching your head and wondering what happened to 'that guy'. That guy is nothing even close to what we wound up with. Even most Dems recognize that they got duped.

I don't think most liberal Democrats got duped, only the moderates.  Liberal Democrats knew who OPapaDoc was from the beginning.  I think if Trump is elected, we will be horrified at the monumental duping as he appoints moderate Supreme Court justices, turns the Mexico deportation scheme into de facto amnesty while claiming that is what he meant all the time, expands government and borrows more heavily under the guise that the things the money is being used for will have a tremendous return on investment, etc.

People here are arguing that we need an effective leader.  But my nightmare scenario is that we are being duped into electing an effective "doer" who does a lot of things that conservatives and lovers of the constitution will find repugnant.  So far, I have seen nothing from Trump that suggests he cares one iota about constitutional limits of power, the inherent wisdom of the founders in limiting the scope of the federal government, etc.  I am all for "Making America Great Again" but I have seen Trump's buildings and developments.  Even if I could afford to live in NYC and had the money, I would never in a million years live in a Trump condo.  I just don't like that much control over my life.  So obviously, the man's concept of "great" simply does not match mine.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #324 on: January 28, 2016, 02:49:06 pm »
I don't think most liberal Democrats got duped, only the moderates.  Liberal Democrats knew who OPapaDoc was from the beginning.  I think if Trump is elected, we will be horrified at the monumental duping as he appoints moderate Supreme Court justices, turns the Mexico deportation scheme into de facto amnesty while claiming that is what he meant all the time, expands government and borrows more heavily under the guise that the things the money is being used for will have a tremendous return on investment, etc.

People here are arguing that we need an effective leader.  But my nightmare scenario is that we are being duped into electing an effective "doer" who does a lot of things that conservatives and lovers of the constitution will find repugnant.  So far, I have seen nothing from Trump that suggests he cares one iota about constitutional limits of power, the inherent wisdom of the founders in limiting the scope of the federal government, etc.  I am all for "Making America Great Again" but I have seen Trump's buildings and developments.  Even if I could afford to live in NYC and had the money, I would never in a million years live in a Trump condo.  I just don't like that much control over my life.  So obviously, the man's concept of "great" simply does not match mine.

That's some heavy cake there. I always read your posts.