Author Topic: Trump Won't do Debate  (Read 17130 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump Won't do Debate
« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2016, 10:44:56 pm »
Exactly right.

Any attempt to make the situation with Trump/Kelly a parallel to the lies from Crowley is ridiculous.

There is no reasoning with "True Believers". Remember the "A Day in the Life of President Bush" threads being amongst the most popular on FR,and how so many of the over 40 Christian "family values" women were so hot for Boy Jorge they would swoon online everytime somebody posted a photo of him wearing tight jeans while pretending to cut Brush on "the Family Ranch"? Just the fact that these women even belived it was actually the Bush Family Ranch instead of the Bush Photo Op Retreat was laughable. Didn't they put it up for sale the day after they left the WH? Boy Jorge had never spent a day in his life on a actual ranch before running for president,and then he bought one for a political prop and those loons actually bought into the image.

I have no doubt most of them would still want to start a fist fight with you if you told them he is a homosexual,despite all the overwhelming evidence that is the case.

People tend to believe what they want to believe,and you just can't convince most of them they are wrong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2016, 10:47:12 pm »
There is no reasoning with "True Believers". Remember the "A Day in the Life of President Bush" threads being amongst the most popular on FR,and how so many of the over 40 Christian "family values" women were so hot for Boy Jorge they would swoon online everytime somebody posted a photo of him wearing tight jeans while pretending to cut Brush on "the Family Ranch"? Just the fact that these women even belived it was actually the Bush Family Ranch instead of the Bush Photo Op Retreat was laughable. Didn't they put it up for sale the day after they left the WH? Boy Jorge had never spent a day in his life on a actual ranch before running for president,and then he bought one for a political prop and those loons actually bought into the image.

I have no doubt most of them would still want to start a fist fight with you if you told them he is a homosexual,despite all the overwhelming evidence that is the case.

People tend to believe what they want to believe,and you just can't convince most of them they are wrong.

GWB is gay?

Offline flowers

« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2016, 10:54:48 pm »
GWB is gay?
I thought one reason Bush stayed at his ranch more often when prez because he got so much grief for playing golf?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2016, 10:57:19 pm »
I thought one reason Bush stayed at his ranch more often when prez because he got so much grief for playing golf?

That's true.  He owns the ranch, they still go there (my husband and I have been to Crawford and have spoken with people who know them.  It was great fun for both of us), and I'm sure Laura would be aghast to find out he was 'gay.'
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2016, 11:02:04 pm »
===================================

Since when can an idiot not win an election?

I think Gore/Bush was the last time the biggest idiot lost,but it was a seriously close call.

Ever since Reagan left office it has been more about who has the best handlers than it was who was the best candidate.

Now we even have an AA candidate,and many,many Dim voters are pushing for another AA candidate. This time a white female.

I guess next time they will run a mixed race tranny to make it a trifecta.

Offline flowers

« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2016, 11:03:15 pm »
That's true.  He owns the ranch, they still go there (my husband and I have been to Crawford and have spoken with people who know them.  It was great fun for both of us), and I'm sure Laura would be aghast to find out he was 'gay.'
I thought so. Thanks for info. I doubt Laura would still be with him if that was true.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2016, 11:10:35 pm »
I thought so. Thanks for info. I doubt Laura would still be with him if that was true.

Rumors abound.  Accurate information isn't nearly as salacious.

But what I said is true, and I have eyewitnesses.   ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2016, 11:15:18 pm »
Yup! If there is one thing I look for in a conservative political candidate,it is one that is attractive to Dims!

What could possibly go wrong there?

He's attractive to red-blooded Americans that happened to be registered Democrats, but realize the country needs to change direction quickly.

End result is that the Dem loses votes....and the whiny Conservatives in the party vowing to sit out become irrelevant.

...but I'm sure you knew that.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2016, 11:18:35 pm »
That's not what I'm saying. Not at all.  I think Trump was talked in to getting in this by Bill Clintoon for the sole purpose of taking out some serious but underfunded people that Hillary truly feared and it worked to perfection. Now the exit strategy begins to unfold.

:amen: :amen: :amen:

Anyone remember a guy named Ross Perot,who was talking conservative,and when it actually looked like he was going to win the primary,dropped out using the excuse that the CIA was threatening his family?

Anybody remember how oddly enough,the CIA didn't seem to scare him a short time later when another candidate threatetened to beat Bush from the right,so he jumped back in the race again and that guys numbers dropped.

Remember how a couple of days after he was sworn in that Perot was invited to the Clinton White House to sign a multi-billion dollar government contract to digitize the SS records? EDS stock (his company) had a sharp rise in value,and he sold out.

Gee,i wonder if any of that was connected? Surely not,and surely it wouldn't happen again with some of the same players in the same slots,right?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2016, 11:20:08 pm »
He's attractive to red-blooded Americans that happened to be registered Democrats, but realize the country needs to change direction quickly.

End result is that the Dem loses votes....and the whiny Conservatives in the party vowing to sit out become irrelevant.

...but I'm sure you knew that.    :laugh:

Now, you just stop it right there, buddy boy, you're talking crazy.

My parents and most of my family who voted Democrat all those years? They're nothing but scum. Got it? Scum. Scum scum scum. The whole lot of them!!!

:whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2016, 11:23:38 pm »
================================

I'm lost for words.

Why? They are all NY politicians,and long-time friends. Trump even invited them to his last wedding,and they went.

I'm betting he even contributed the maximum amount to her Senatorial campaign.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2016, 11:24:00 pm »

Oh, and while I'm at it. All those Democrats who voted for Harry Truman, who dropped the bomb and ended World War II, ARE SCUM! Got it? Scum! Scum scum scum.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2016, 11:25:44 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2016, 11:27:35 pm »
 :laugh:
Best thing Cruz can do in the debate now is - on getting the first question which will inevitably be about Trump - say "He's not here, so we are not answering questions about him."

It gives the audience a far better look at the candidates.

It'll also drive Trump nuts, being totally blanked. 

:laugh: I'm loving that. The one thing that attention whore can't stand is to be ignored.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:28:24 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2016, 11:33:27 pm »
... Trump is a coward.  He's hiding from the enemy.  It's one thing to attack someone over the airwaves, it's another to attack them to their face.  Shows how much Donald is nothing but all talk.

I agree. He is a ego-maniac and a bully,and that makes him a coward because the last thing he can stand is to not come in 1st. He calls everybody else a "loser" when they don't win,so his head would explode if he lost and someone called him a loser to his face on tv afterwards.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2016, 11:35:52 pm »
He rebukes the networks for making millions while boasting of his billions. Oh...

Notice how he transformed 2 Billion into "MANY Billions" in his statement? He CLAIMS a net worth of 4 Billion,but 2 Billion of is the value he puts on his name as his "Trademark".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2016, 11:40:18 pm »
I finally figured out who he reminds me of!  Jesse Ventura.

Same flashiness, same approach to media and potential voters, same weirdly fascinating charisma, same inexplicable vindictiveness to those whom he perceives as a threat.

I can think of a couple of differences.

1a: Ventura is an actual Vietnam ERA veteran,even if he wasn't a SEAL and never went to VN.

1b: Trump claims attending a military school makes him "feel like a veteran",but got 3 draft deferments while the VN war was going on,and didn't serve a single day.

2a: Nobody doubts that Ventura would get nose to nose with you in a physical fight.

2b: Trump would have his bodyguards beat you up,and then use his political connections to have the police arrest you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2016, 11:41:34 pm »
The big, bad Donald is afraid of girls.  Who knew??   :silly:

No surprise,given that he buys his wives.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2016, 11:41:54 pm »
I asked this before, but none of the Trump supporters have dared to try to answer it. If Trump wins the nomination certainly at least one of the Presidential debates will be done on FOX, and Rupert Murdoch will be nuts not to allow Megyn Kelly  to moderate. Will you be OK with Trump boycotting that debate with Hillary or Sanders?  Come on, it's an easy question.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:42:12 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2016, 11:45:39 pm »
The one thin you can say bout Trump is he not only threw away the "How to Campaign for Office" play book but he shreaded the hell out of it.   :shrug:

You can do that when you are in he race not because you want to win,but because you are a ego-maniac and crave attention.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2016, 11:45:55 pm »
I asked this before, but none of the Trump supporters have dared to try to answer it. If Trump wins the nomination certainly at least one of the Presidential debates will be done on FOX, and Rupert Murdoch will be nuts not to allow Megyn Kelly  to moderate. Will you be OK with Trump boycotting that debate with Hillary or Sanders?  Come on, it's an easy question.

Given the debates are really pointless and nothing but revenue streams for the network, yes.. I don't care if they don't have any debates...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2016, 11:46:23 pm »

Please...that's enough of that!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2016, 11:52:14 pm »
What people need to understand on this comparison business (both ways) is that the times are different, the condition of the nation is different and the people themselves are very different people than those from nearly 4 decades ago.  It's like comparing Reagan to Franklin Roosevelt, or Franklin Roosevelt to Teddy Roosevelt.  The very nature of the nation changes over time and the people themselves who are voters change dramatically over time.  You can't use Franklin Roosevelt's methods in 1980, nor can you use Ronald Reagan as a guidepost in 2016.  You must capture the mien of the times you are living in at the moment.  After two disastrously failed presidencies that have covered the entire 21st century history of this nation and a seemingly endless economic malaise (after we were told in the 90's that America's economy was recession proof, let alone upheaval-proof!) and sinking status as a world leader, the countenance of the nation is very different than even during World War 2 or following the Nixon/Carter malaise of the 1970s.

Excellent and apt observations. The problem is over the last 40 years the voters are the biggest changes. 40 years ago there were a lot of genuine conservative voters as well as even Dim voters that valued the traditional American values of working hard and providing for yourself and your family. These days the majority of the voters are going to vote for whoever promises them the most "free stuff".

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2016, 11:53:46 pm »

Those negotiations are always between the campaigns. If Trump wanted to x-out Fox, I doubt the Democrat candidate would care much.  If the Democrat candidate wanted to insist on Fox, then the negotiation would under that scenario perhaps hit an impasse, and perhaps there would be no debate.  It is sort of like the deal on "shutting down the government" - it is the side that sets the boldest, hardest line that prevails (and the Republicans always cave because the Democrats are Type A and Republicans are Type Q, P, or R or something down at that end).

A lot of that negotiation would depend on where the polls stood in September - one side would have less interest in a debate and one side would want more.  That would likely determine the answer to your question more readily than anything.  There are plenty of networks that would take the debates other than Fox - at least 6 that I can think of just right off the top.  Fox is the one in more danger here, because they have more competition.

I have no idea why Trump supporters would not want to answer this question, it is pretty straight-forward and simple.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2016, 11:58:08 pm »
Excellent and apt observations. The problem is over the last 40 years the voters are the biggest changes. 40 years ago there were a lot of genuine conservative voters as well as even Dim voters that valued the traditional American values of working hard and providing for yourself and your family. These days the majority of the voters are going to vote for whoever promises them the most "free stuff".

Yes, right on.  The past can only tell us so much...we still must deal with the condition of the nation - and the nation's people and their thought processes - today.  It is always true that a candidate from the past would have no chance in the future country, Hell, they wouldn't even recognize it as the same country.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan