Author Topic: Trump Won't do Debate  (Read 16782 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump Won't do Debate
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2016, 02:52:12 pm »
:beer:  (I still like your picture of the ostrich with head buried in sand better).

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2016, 03:09:25 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2016, 03:22:48 pm »
True enough.  He's played both sides of practically every issue out there.

But you can't support partial birth abortion, say you're "completely pro-choice" and magically become pro-life when you run for office as a so-called Republican.

As long as we are in the midst of a national flight of fancy, I would suggest that Mr. Trump is more Cat-In-The-Hat than Schrödinger's cat. It's not so much that he's simultaneously viable and insensate as that he entertains his audience with fabulous tricks and wondrous visual displays... while making a big mess of things. Dr. Seuss' cat finally cleaned up the house. Let's see if Donald is impelled to do the same.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2016, 03:48:34 pm »
Is that big bad scary Trumpman causing us some consternation here?

To release pressure rapidly quickly post funny photos of the object of your consternation. Ha ha ha.

See, feeling much better now.

(Remember, objects in the mirror may be closer than they look.)

Much closer!   :laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »
As long as we are in the midst of a national flight of fancy, I would suggest that Mr. Trump is more Cat-In-The-Hat than Schrödinger's cat. It's not so much that he's simultaneously viable and insensate as that he entertains his audience with fabulous tricks and wondrous visual displays... while making a big mess of things. Dr. Seuss' cat finally cleaned up the house. Let's see if Donald is impelled to do the same.

I like that; it works.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #330 on: January 28, 2016, 06:48:00 pm »
Many past presidents have. President Johnson refused to debate Barry Goldwater. Hubert Humphrey refuse to debate Richard Nixon. Richard Nixon refuse to debate George McGovern.

Debates may or may not be helpful to you as a candidate. The campaign makes that decision. And certainly a sitting president running for reelection can brush off a challenge to debate. It's no big deal. All it takes is some political calculation.

Most of the "debate refusenics" became Presidents, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2016, 06:53:12 pm »
Most of the "debate refusenics" became Presidents, too.

Ok, then let's get ready for Pres. Rand Paul!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #332 on: January 28, 2016, 09:11:43 pm »
Sure you can. Politicians do that all the time. They call it "evolving on the issue".

In fact, Obama has 'evolved' on virtually every platform statement he made while running. He has evolved into being the exact opposite of everything he ran on to get elected.

If you watch any of his campaign speeches from the 08 run, you would wind up scratching your head and wondering what happened to 'that guy'. That guy is nothing even close to what we wound up with. Even most Dems recognize that they got duped.

Oh right.............. we always want to keep up with Obama, don't we?   **nononono*

The point is that he can say he's for abortion one day, and then against it the next and not one of his loyal supporters cares.

I'm amazed at all the otherwise intelligent people who are actually gullible enough to thing that Trump has really "evolved" on anything.

The truth is, he was either lying before, or he's lying now.

And that's on practically every issue out there.  Especially the ones that ought to matter to conservatives.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #333 on: January 28, 2016, 09:18:03 pm »
Keep in mind he's a Democrat, turned Independent, turned Republican.

Since the 1988 presidential election, Trump has been considered a potential candidate for President in nearly every election. In October 1999, Trump declared himself a potential candidate for the Reform Party's presidential nomination, but withdrew on February 14, 2000. Trump rejoined the Republican Party in 2009. In early 2011, presidential speculation reached its highest point and Trump began to take a lead in polls among Republican candidates in the 2012 election. However, Trump announced in May 2011 that he would not be a candidate for the office.

In truth, Trump is a natural Democrat. His views on major issues are — or were until recently — standard-issue liberal..

Trump has supported massive tax increases on the wealthy, a Canadian-style single-payer health care system, and is a fierce protection. He once declared himself “strongly pro-choice” and favored drug legalization.

Earlier this year, he accused Republicans who want to reform entitlement programs — the essential task for those who favor limited government — of “attacking” Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Barack Obama couldn’t have said it better.

And Barney Frank couldn’t have better stated the Democrats’ line on who caused the 2008 financial crisis.

We need not consult Trump’s revisionist history of that crisis to figure out why he was a registered Democrat for most of the last decade. On key issues his views align closely with those of the Dems.

It’s as straightforward as that.

From The Hill last July:

“I probably identify more as a Democrat” so sayeth Donald J Trump a few years ago during a CNN interview. During the same interview he opinionated (he does a lot of that) that “It just seems that the economy does better under Democrats than the Republicans”. He confirmed his views just a few months ago on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” when he said ‘I identify with some things as a Democrat.”

Further back, he proclaimed Republicans “too crazy right.”

These are not just one-time gaffes since he had practiced what he has preached since that interview. Is Trump a crypto-Democrat?

He certainly has put his money where his mouth has been. Democrats have been the primary beneficiaries of his political donations until a few years ago when he started giving to Republicans. (See below.)

He has had high praise for the Clintons and opened his wallet to them.

In 2007, Hillary Clinton was on course to build support for her presidential run and he expressed confidence in her talents: “Hillary’s always surrounded herself with very good people. I think Hillary would do a good job” when predicting she would make a good deal with Iran. She was, Donald said, a “terrific woman.”

The strongest Trump supporters are registered Democrats. Sorry Democrats. In today’s New York Times, Nate Cohn crunches the statistics on Donald Trump’s supporters and reveals that the Donald “holds his greatest strength among registered Democrats who identify as Republican leaners.”   Another mind-boggling conclusion set forth by Cohn is that registered Republicans are “one of Mr. Trump’s weakest groups.” If you can’t wrap your mind around that, well join the club. Perhaps this helps explain why so many Republicans I know don’t care much for Trump as a Presidential candidate.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/12/31/strongest-trump-supporters-registered-democrat/

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/12/is_trump_a_democrat.html#ixzz3yY768jMU
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/why-donald-trump-was-a-democrat.php

The startling, and disturbing thing is that none of these FACTS matter to those who think he's Messianic.

And he knows it.

He can say anything he wants to, and it doesn't matter a bit.

So he was singing Hillary's praises in 2007?  No matter.

So he was singing Obama's praises in 2009 (when the rest of us were wondering if our country was lost for good)?  No big deal.

So he was saying he supports all abortion....... when was that? last summer?  That's OK with us.

He bragged about having affairs with married women?  Oh, but look at King David!

He's the Donald, and he's a doer, and he's going to throw all the illegals out (or is he?), and he's going to make Mexico pay for a wall (or is he?) and he's going to keep every Muslim the world from coming into the US (or is he?).

He's going to get things DONE.  (Constitution?  WHAT Constitution??)  And that's ALL that matters.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #334 on: January 28, 2016, 09:26:08 pm »
It's a cult of personality, ML.   When all is said and done,  I have to hand to the guy and his political genius.   The real problem is the cultists who've been seduced,  having willingly set aside all their critical faculties.   I sometimes wonder whether the American people are responsible enough to handle a democracy when they can be so easily manipulated by a demogogue.   Let's not forget, Hitler was elected Chancellor in a free election.  I'm know I've pissed off a few folks with my strident anti-Trumpism, but as I've said before,  I won't be a good German.

By any means necessary,  this existential threat has got to go.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #335 on: January 28, 2016, 09:27:28 pm »
He's going to get things DONE.  (Constitution?  WHAT Constitution??)  And that's ALL that matters.

For the last few administrations and Congresses whenever I heard about them getting things done, my first question---mindful of
Mr. Jefferson's ancient maxim---would be (and still is), "For us, or to us?"

Come to think of it, the last time we had a Republican president and he got himself a Republican Congress, all of a sudden the Constitution
seemed like a jar of applesauce keeping them from sticking some real food into the fridge. (Campaign finance reform, anyone? The
Patriot Act? No Child Left Behind? The prescription drugs bill? The auto bailouts? The House Committee on Government Oversight
investigating not the government, not a particular government agency, but . . . wait for it! . . . major league baseball?) And that President's
sycophancy assaulted anyone offering up reasoned and honest critiques with invective so vile you'd have sworn if you didn't know better that you
were dealing with Democrats.

The Constitution? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Quit citing the Constitution, dummy, and start making America great again!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #336 on: January 28, 2016, 09:28:39 pm »
It's a cult of personality, ML.   When all is said and done,  I have to hand to the guy and his political genius.   The real problem is the cultists who've been seduced,  having willingly set aside all their critical faculties.   I sometimes wonder whether the American people are responsible enough to handle a democracy when they can be so easily manipulated by a demogogue.   Let's not forget, Hitler was elected Chancellor in a free election.  I'm know I've pissed off a few folks with my strident anti-Trumpism, but as I've said before,  I won't be a good German.

By any means necessary,  this existential threat has got to go.     

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2016, 09:36:39 pm »
It's a coincidence that Michael Savage discussed at length today, the difference between a Purist.....all you Trump-bashtards....and me, a Pragmatist.

In today's social climate the Purist cannot win.  Impossible.   All through history, whether among religious sects or governmental ideology, the purists were always sitting in the bleachers, when it came to having political clout.

It takes a Pragmatist...Donald Trump that can appeal to a broader base.

I've been an avid Trump supporter from the day he announced.  Taking a good look around the landscape, it appears my instincts back then are rubbing off on more and more people.  Trump is a Movement.

Pray for his safety.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #338 on: January 28, 2016, 09:54:47 pm »
It's a coincidence that Michael Savage discussed at length today, the difference between a Purist.....all you Trump-bashtards....and me, a Pragmatist.

In today's social climate the Purist cannot win.  Impossible.   All through history, whether among religious sects or governmental ideology, the purists were always sitting in the bleachers, when it came to having political clout.

I've been an avid Trump supporter from the day he announced.  Taking a good look around the landscape, it appears my instincts back then are rubbing off on more and more people.  Trump is a Movement.

Pray for his safety.

Yep. Checking off the boxes in your handy "conservative's guide to the perfect president" won't get it done this time.

Here we have a leader emerging whose campaign is running rings around major news networks, general media, entrenched politicians, his competitors on 3 core conservative issues: immigration, national security and Jobs.

What's the problem, people?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #339 on: January 28, 2016, 09:57:48 pm »

Pray for his safety.

Ahhh,the "Once rape seems inevitable,you might as well lay back and enjoy it!" POV!

Often heard on Dim forums,and now becoming popular on conservative sites.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #340 on: January 28, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »
Yep. Checking off the boxes in your handy "conservative's guide to the perfect president" won't get it done this time.

Here we have a leader emerging whose campaign is running rings around major news networks, general media, entrenched politicians, his competitors on 3 core conservative issues: immigration, national security and Jobs.

What's the problem, people?

Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't that what got us Bush,Bush,Bush,McLunatic,and Romeny?

How about remind me how great that has worked out for us?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2016, 10:10:57 pm »
We finally have a proven winner, who's winning against a giant news corporation--right before our very eyes--who's conservative on three core conservative principles: immigration, national security and Jobs. And here we got people bitching and moaning the guy slept with gorgeous celebrities when he was young and full of ginger.

I suppose with this crowd it's a matter of the perfect being the enemy of the good...and let's not forget, pride, too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2016, 10:17:21 pm »
We finally have a proven winner, who's winning against a giant news corporation--right before our very eyes--who's conservative on three core conservative principles: immigration, national security and Jobs. And here we got people bitching and moaning the guy slept with gorgeous celebrities when he was young and full of ginger.

I suppose with this crowd it's a matter of the perfect being the enemy of the good...and let's not forget, pride, too.

Perfect?  The man's so imperfect he'll deliver the White House straight to the Dems.   He's already made us a laughingstock.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2016, 10:18:36 pm »
Ahhh,the "Once rape seems inevitable,you might as well lay back and enjoy it!" POV!

Often heard on Dim forums,and now becoming popular on conservative sites.
What in the world are you talking about?
Never mind responding. I think I have figured out where you are coming from and I don't really want any more

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2016, 10:21:39 pm »
Perfect?  The man's so imperfect he'll deliver the White House straight to the Dems.   He's already made us a laughingstock.   

One could probably say the same thing about each of the candidates and have a segment of the voters nodding in agreement. We'll see which one of them ends up winning the primary

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #345 on: January 28, 2016, 10:26:42 pm »

Pray for his safety.

"Trump-bashtards" - is that anything like a Trumpkin, or a Trumpster, or Trumpteer or a Trump-bot?  Just curious.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2016, 10:27:47 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't that what got us Bush,Bush,Bush,McLunatic,and Romeny?

How about remind me how great that has worked out for us?

Oh, okay.  Now I better understand why you are so opposed to Donald Trump.  You're confusing him with the GOPe traditional candidates.

Let me help put your fears to rest--Donald J. Trump is the anti-bushbushbushmccainromney!!!!!   :patriot:

« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2016, 10:34:00 pm »

This. Is. NOT. Funny.   **nononono*

Offline aligncare

« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2016, 10:40:12 pm »
This. Is. NOT. Funny.   **nononono*

A rough crowd's moved into the neighborhood. But that's OK. I grew up in a rough Brooklyn neighborhood. We called our gang, the Sharks.

« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2016, 10:43:17 pm »
A rough crowd's moved into the neighborhood. But that's OK. I grew up in a rough Brooklyn neighborhood. We called our gang, the Sharks.

Can I say "sic him" to a shark?   :pondering: