Author Topic: Bob Dole Warns of ‘Cataclysmic’ Losses With Ted Cruz, and Says Donald Trump Would Do Better  (Read 7509 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Had to briefly return from my BR posting hiatus during this nastiest portion of the election season to just say ‘What the Hell”.   Sarah Palin, Bob Dole.    Who next, Karl Rove?

Does anyone else feel like we are living in the movie, The Invasion of the Body Snatchers?

Why... not at all.....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

It really is, isn't it?  Never thought I would see the day when that kind of crap would be applauded here.  Criticize Dole's positions - but I hope you all don't ever have to get old and wear a diaper.  See how you feel when a bunch of infantile people make fun of you for it. 

I respect Bob Dole, he has never acted in any way that was deserving of this $hit.  That offends me greatly.  I guess I'm going to have to watch where I step on the playground now - monkeys throwing a lot of feces around and stuff.

(spit)

I'm sorry, but I missed where anyone "applauded" the crass comment about Depends.  Can you point out where anyone (besides the one who said it) thought that was an appropriate comment?

You seem to be 'offended' by something that's not here, alice.  People are consistently criticizing Dole for his politics.  None for his service.  Only one for his age.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

No it isn't.
What the heck happened on this thread???? 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I guess telling another member to "Eat $hit and Die" is part of the new norm too!!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,191933.msg768040.html#msg768040

"ESAD"

Thanks Katz.  That personal attack went completely over my head - I guess I'm not up on keyboard warrior speak. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
"ESAD"

Thanks Katz.  That personal attack went completely over my head - I guess I'm not up on keyboard warrior speak. 

Mine too... :thud:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Carling

Bob Dole is 92, his wife is 79. I've never, ever in my life been disrespectful to my elders. It's just not how I was raised. Remarks about Depends or dementia are uncalled for.  However, if someone older than I says something with which I disagree, why not comment on it?

Age or military service does not render one immune to criticism if they've said or done something that merits it. One of the biggest local jerks I've known was a POW in WWII. He later became a big Democrat in our town and state. I respected his service and his sacrifice, but strongly disagreed with his political positions and actions.

I disagreed with Dole earlier in this thread.

I commented about the "new" poster who made fun of the Doles in a vicious and disgusting manner.  That kind of nonsense is an insult to this community. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:28:26 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

I guess telling another member to "Eat $hit and Die" is part of the new norm too!!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,191933.msg768040.html#msg768040
I didn't catch that either, but I haven't been reading most of that persons posts.  That was horrible.  :nono:

Offline katzenjammer

"ESAD"

Mine too... :thud:

I am sure that it is because you two upstanding ladies haven't crawled around in the more seedy places that a reprobate like myself has frequented!!   :smokin:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:41:50 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline libertybele

I didn't catch that either, but I haven't been reading most of that persons posts.  That was horrible.  :nono:

Wow.  Come on guys.  Really?  Telling someone to ESAD (knew to me as well) Really??   Ignore button works well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

Never heard the phrase, didn't see it here, and don't understand why anyone needs to say such things.

Call me innocent or a prude, but there's no call for that from ANY side of ANY discussion.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Carling

Wow.  Come on guys.  Really?  Telling someone to ESAD (knew to me as well) Really??   Ignore button works well.

Why should long-standing members of this community have to "ignore" a "new" (  :whistle: ) poster who is vile and insults posters from the first thread.  I don't buy the act at all.

Is it because you agree with him about Trump?

Who is his candidate?  Yet again, by some miracle, we have another "new" poster whose only purpose is to insult not only Trump, but also those who don't share his frothing anger at all things Trump.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:55:59 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am willing to give a new member the benefit of doubt...he needs to learn the rules here and realize it's not FR..if he can't I will show him the door....

It would help when other members sees something like that to tell him/her in a polite way that it is not condoned here.
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

I am willing to give a new member the benefit of doubt...he needs to learn the rules here and realize it's not FR..if he can't I will show him the door....

It would help when other members sees something like that to tell him/her in a polite way that it is not condoned here.

It takes a lot of people some time to shed TOS behavior and realize again what civilization is like.  :patriot:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I can think of one good thing the Doles did. Elizabeth Dole was secretary of Transportation when she pushed for a change in brake lights:

Giddy Dolt,who came from a wealthy NC Dim family and didn't "become" a Republican until she married Bob never had a single job in her life that wasn't a government job that was handed to her via political connections to relatives. She went to DC to be on the staff of a Dim congresscritter,and that's where and when she met Bob. After she married him she had various appointed staff positions,and eventually ended up heading the Red Cross,and then the NHTSA. Her next "job" was as a US Senator from NC. She tried to parlay that into the job of President,and failed.

Giddy,who hadn't actually driven a car in decades,was the one responsible for the 55 MPH national speed limit. She also pushed for seat belts on motorcycles (seriously),but had to give up on that bit of feral nannyism.

The 55 MPH speed limit was eventually overturned,and other than the millions of dollars lost due to  non-productive time lost because she would never admit to having made a mistake,no real damage was done.

She would have been a real nightmare as a President,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

HAPPY2BME

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It really is, isn't it?  Never thought I would see the day when that kind of crap would be applauded here.  Criticize Dole's positions - but I hope you all don't ever have to get old and wear a diaper.  See how you feel when a bunch of infantile people make fun of you for it. 

I respect Bob Dole, he has never acted in any way that was deserving of this $hit.  That offends me greatly.  I guess I'm going to have to watch where I step on the playground now - monkeys throwing a lot of feces around and stuff.

(spit)

Yes,we wouldn't want to offend your delicate sensibilities over a subject as squeaky clean and forthright as politics,would we?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's weird, but we had a poster who used the exact same tactics banned here recently as his anger at all things Trump turned into insanity.

Talking about Bob Dole wearing diapers is Trolling 101.  If your idea was to come here and act like a child, well done, I guess.

You know what else is weird? This piling on reminds me of the tactics of the Bush-Bot Viking Kitties crowd on FR,back in the bad old days.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Never heard the phrase, didn't see it here, and don't understand why anyone needs to say such things.

Call me innocent or a prude, but there's no call for that from ANY side of ANY discussion.

Maybe you don't understand that as a combat veteran and former career NCO myself,implying I had no respect for what Dole did in Africa during WW-2 was a far larger insult than telling the person that insulted me to ESAD?

They didn't jump me because of what I wrote about Dolts political conniving and backstabbing,they jumped me over "insulting his service". If you have never served yourself,you can't possibly have any idea how insulting that was to me.

Offline musiclady

Maybe you don't understand that as a combat veteran and former career NCO myself,implying I had no respect for what Dole did in Africa during WW-2 was a far larger insult than telling the person that insulted me to ESAD?

They didn't jump me because of what I wrote about Dolts political conniving and backstabbing,they jumped me over "insulting his service". If you have never served yourself,you can't possibly have any idea how insulting that was to me.

Funny............... I think I said upthread that NO one was insulting his service.

You must have missed that.

(But you are fair to assume that a woman who is a senior citizen hasn't served in the military.  Not sure it makes any difference to anything I've said here).

Offline flowers

So you are ok with your ESAD comment?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Yes,we wouldn't want to offend your delicate sensibilities over a subject as squeaky clean and forthright as politics,would we?

Do you mind not insulting a person I regard as my sister and the keeper of what little conscience I have?

Thank you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

Apparently so............   **nononono*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I'd say a lot more than that face to face.

*I* am the one that deserves the apology.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Do you mind not insulting a person I regard as my sister and the keeper of what little conscience I have?

Thank you.

Where was the insult?