Author Topic: Bob Dole Warns of ‘Cataclysmic’ Losses With Ted Cruz, and Says Donald Trump Would Do Better  (Read 7511 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
=================================================

What you just said was that nobody running against Trump right NOW has an effective campaign.

Word.

I guess that is all a matter of perception. P.T.Barnum with a orange possum on his head is jumping up and down and screaming,"ME! ME! LOOK AT MEEEEEEE!",so naturaly the drama queen is drawing all the attention. He reminds me of a male Anne Coulter. All he knows how to do is throw verbal bombs. He has no plans and he has no details. He just gives vague statements about "hiring the right people to manage it." That's not a plan,that's an admission you don't know what to do so you will hire somebody to tell you.

And even if the carney geek wins,is that really something to be happy about?

BTW,since you are obviously a Trumpeter,do you REALLY think he is going to be willing to put his whole fortune in blind trusts if he becomes president?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

I guess that is all a matter of perception. P.T.Barnum with a orange possum on his head is jumping up and down and screaming,"ME! ME! LOOK AT MEEEEEEE!",so naturaly the drama queen is drawing all the attention. He reminds me of a male Anne Coulter. All he knows how to do is throw verbal bombs. He has no plans and he has no details. He just gives vague statements about "hiring the right people to manage it." That's not a plan,that's an admission you don't know what to do so you will hire somebody to tell you.

And even if the carney geek wins,is that really something to be happy about?

BTW,since you are obviously a Trumpeter,do you REALLY think he is going to be willing to put his whole fortune in blind trusts if he becomes president?

Trump's non-plans:

U.S.-China Trade Reform
Veterans Administration Reforms
Tax Reform
Second Amendment Rights
Immigration Reform

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

If you were really interested in reality, you could check out Donald Trump's actual positions...

Or, you could just continue spouting your uninformed opinions...

The choice is yours....

(By the way, that was very classy of you calling a member in good standing here, a trumpeter. Very classy. And you've been here, what? Two days. Very classy indeed)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:55:59 pm by aligncare »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump's non-plans:

U.S.-China Trade Reform
Veterans Administration Reforms
Tax Reform
Second Amendment Rights
Immigration Reform

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

If you were really interested in reality, you could check out Donald Trump's actual positions...

Or, you could just continue spouting your uninformed opinions...

The choice is yours....

(By the way, that was very classy of you calling a member in good standing here, a trumpeter. Very classy. And you've been here, what? Two days. Very classy indeed)

Ok,I read the "plan" for reducing taxes,and it's just a statement,not a plan. To be a plan it would have to detail how he plans on coming up with the money to meet current commitments. Which would necessitate more than cutting taxes. It would require a plan to cut payments and programs currently supported by tax money,and that would include a plan on how to get the congresscritters and US Senators that owe their positions to vote buying using those tax dollars to go along with him.

Yes,it CAN be done,but it's a lot more involved than simply saying you are going to do it by "hiring good managers".

As for calling you a Trumpeter goes,if the crown fits you should be proud to wear it just like the Bush-Bots had to wear theirs.

Are you somehow under the impression that just because you have been posting here longer than me that I am going to bow and kiss your slippers? If so,you are in for a shock. I don't do that. If you can't base your statements on the value of your thoughts instead of your seniority,your thoughts aren't worth very much.

Online Right_in_Virginia

a Trumpeter,

Hey, Sneaky...your insults are not welcome here.  Are you sure you're in the right place?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hey, Sneaky...your insults are not welcome here.  Are you sure you're in the right place?

Not welcome by whom? He's as right as rain in what he has said here IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

Not welcome by whom? He's as right as rain in what he has said here IMHO! 

Well, Big-- you enjoy. 

I've already put sneaky on ignore.  Life's just too damn short.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:28:50 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

Hey, I got a perfect candidate for you. Jeb Bush has lots of detailed plans.

But people aren't looking for detailed plans, that would put them to sleep. What we're looking for is a leader--a fixer, after eight devastating years of the 0.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, Big-- you enjoy. 

I've already put sneaky on ignore.  Let's just too damn short.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:03:43 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I dunno. You tell me. Is this a cult web site,or a political discussion web site?
<P>
BTW,why do you think calling a Trump fan a Trumpeter is an insult? Are you ashamed of it?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:07:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hey, I got a perfect candidate for you. Jeb Bush has lots of detailed plans.

But people aren't looking for detailed plans, that would put them to sleep. What we're looking for is a leader--a fixer, after eight devastating years of the 0.

Is that the limit of your imagination? Is your vision so minute that you think if someone doesn't like that gas bag with the orange possum on  his head MUST be a JEB fan?

You need to expand your mind a little. I am on record as stating "If at sometime in the future I am ever faced with being forced to vote for someone in an election that is named Bush or someone named Satan,I will vote for Satan as being the lesser of two evils." Does that sound to you like someone that would vote for JEB?

Party People might think they HAVE to vote for whatever goober gets the "R" tiara,but I'm not Party People and will NOT vote for anyone unless i actually want to see THEM holding the office.

The lesser of two evils is still evil,and I will NOT knowingly vote for evil. If the alleged Republicans want my vote,let them run candidates worthy of it.

Online libertybele

I dunno. You tell me. Is this a cult web site,or a political discussion web site?
<P>
BTW,why do you think calling a Trump fan a Trumpeter is an insult? Are you ashamed of it?

This is a political forum.  Some in here take offense more than others.   I certainly don't see the term Trumpeter as an insult nor a direct attack on the person ... they have decided to put you on 'ignore' for that?? I think some of the Trump(eters) fans at times have become a bit edgy recently. But hey, we all have our days.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
<P>

I predict you're not going to be around here very long.     :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

I'm not a Trump fan, nor do I play the trumpet.  ^-^  Having said that, perhaps it's more effective and persuasive to point out the flaws or attributes of a particular candidate - as you certainly have done, Pete - than to direct epithets toward his or her supporters. If Trump is not the nominee, we're going to need his (former) supporters to vote for whomever is, so why burn bridges?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Ok,I read the "plan" for reducing taxes,and it's just a statement,not a plan. To be a plan it would have to detail how he plans on coming up with the money to meet current commitments. Which would necessitate more than cutting taxes. It would require a plan to cut payments and programs currently supported by tax money,and that would include a plan on how to get the congresscritters and US Senators that owe their positions to vote buying using those tax dollars to go along with him.

Yes,it CAN be done,but it's a lot more involved than simply saying you are going to do it by "hiring good managers".

As for calling you a Trumpeter goes,if the crown fits you should be proud to wear it just like the Bush-Bots had to wear theirs.

Are you somehow under the impression that just because you have been posting here longer than me that I am going to bow and kiss your slippers? If so,you are in for a shock. I don't do that. If you can't base your statements on the value of your thoughts instead of your seniority,your thoughts aren't worth very much.

Blather on dude. 

What's that sound?

Oh yeah, the bell is ringing, recess is over. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Is that the limit of your imagination? Is your vision so minute that you think if someone doesn't like that gas bag with the orange possum on  his head MUST be a JEB fan?

You need to expand your mind a little. I am on record as stating "If at sometime in the future I am ever faced with being forced to vote for someone in an election that is named Bush or someone named Satan,I will vote for Satan as being the lesser of two evils." Does that sound to you like someone that would vote for JEB?

Party People might think they HAVE to vote for whatever goober gets the "R" tiara,but I'm not Party People and will NOT vote for anyone unless i actually want to see THEM holding the office.

The lesser of two evils is still evil,and I will NOT knowingly vote for evil. If the alleged Republicans want my vote,let them run candidates worthy of it.

Yes. I'm a man of limited imagination. Thanks for pointing that out. See, you do add some value here. Happy?

Online libertybele

Yes. I'm a man of limited imagination. Thanks for pointing that out. See, you do add some value here. Happy?

Oh boy....not so sure I agree with the limited imagination .... and your sense of humor is priceless at times.   :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Mr. Dole is one of the most prominent members of the Republican “establishment,” a term he described as meaningless. “Cruz is in the Senate, so maybe he’s part of the establishment. You know, I’ve never really known what the establishment was.”
Does Bob Dole look in the mirror while shaving Bob Dole's face?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does Bob Dole look in the mirror while shaving Bob Dole's face?

I think the Farm Lobby sends a minion over to shave him and change his and her Depends. After all,they owe him big. He never saw a farm welfare program he didn't love the whole time he was in office.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I just love all of this making fun of a WWII veteran that served his country honorably.  You all are really showing your true colors. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
... I think some of the Trump(eters) fans at times have become a bit edgy recently. But hey, we all have our days.

True. I started getting edgy after Boy Jorge won the alleged Republican nomination,and haven't found much to be happy about since then.

If I could have one wish to come true,it would be that Barry Goldwater could be dug up and cloned.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
True. I started getting edgy after Boy Jorge won the alleged Republican nomination,and haven't found much to be happy about since then.

If I could have one wish to come true,it would be that Barry Goldwater could be dug up and cloned.

YOu and me both brother! 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

I just love all of this making fun of a WWII veteran that served his country honorably.  You all are really showing your true colors.

:beer:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I admire Bob Dole's service in war but NOT his service in the political realm. They are two separate and distinct things!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not a Trump fan, nor do I play the trumpet.  ^-^  Having said that, perhaps it's more effective and persuasive to point out the flaws or attributes of a particular candidate - as you certainly have done, Pete - than to direct epithets toward his or her supporters. If Trump is not the nominee, we're going to need his (former) supporters to vote for whomever is, so why burn bridges?

I'm not trying to burn any bridges. I am trying to wake people up to reality.

WHY is it news to anyone in this modern day and age that political candidates can and WILL lie to you?

WHY are people still thinking that just because a politician is alert enough to understand what voters want to hear and willing to tell it to them,that he actually believes it himself?

This is especially true when considering the words of a life-long professional liar that is also a life-long resident of NYC and a Dim,as were all  his recent ancestors? The man actually invited Bill and Hillary Clinton to his most recent wedding,and they came. He has family business and personal connections to northeastern Dims that go back generations,and we are supposed to believe that one morning he woke up and had a "SHAZAM!" moment and changed his whole outlook?

The ONE thing we all should know and understand about Trump is he NEVER does anything that doesn't benefit Trump. Period. It may also benefit others,and it may even benefit the country,but the prime motivation behind anything he does is that it MUST benefit him.

He is nothing more than a higher level version of the used car salesman that comes out of his office wearing the tiger stripe sport coat with velvat lapels,big gold watch and necklace,and cigar,and tells the teen looking at the used Mustang on  his lot,"That ain't oil stains under that car,son! That's sweat from all the horsepower under the hood!".

In other words,he is a salesman that will say whatever he has to say to sell his product,and his product is himself.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:15:43 pm by sneakypete »

Online mountaineer

John Murtha was a Vietnam War veteran who served his country honorably - in Vietnam. In the political realm, not so much.
Political disagreements with Bob Dole in no way diminish our appreciation to him for his sacrifice in WWII.