Author Topic: Bob Dole Warns of ‘Cataclysmic’ Losses With Ted Cruz, and Says Donald Trump Would Do Better  (Read 7510 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I just love all of this making fun of a WWII veteran that served his country honorably.  You all are really showing your true colors.

I am a VN vet,and was a career army NCO.

Regardless of what he did in Africa,as a political figure Dole was never more than an apologist for big massa government that never saw a welfare program for corporate farmers that he didn't love.

SOB even signed on to the gun and magazine bans while running for president. If he was a conservative,so what Jim-mah Carter and the Kennedy Klan.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:58:54 pm by mystery-ak »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Carling

John Murtha was a Vietnam War veteran who served his country honorably - in Vietnam. In the political realm, not so much.
Political disagreements with Bob Dole in no way diminish our appreciation to him for his sacrifice in WWII.

Making fun of his age and saying he wears diapers is something Trump might say, yet this new guy who is blasting Trump is using Trump tactics more than any other poster here.

It seems like déjà vu...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:23:37 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

ESAD. I am a VN vet,and was a career army NCO.

Regardless of what he did in Africa,as a political figure Dole was never more than an apologist for big massa government that never saw a welfare program for corporate farmers that he didn't love.

SOB even signed on to the gun and magazine bans while running for president. If he was a conservative,so what Jim-mah Carter and the Kennedy Klan.

Were you also a Catholic Priest at one point?

A friend wants to know.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Making fun of his age and saying he wears diapers is something Trump might say, yet this new guy who is blasting Trump is using Trump tactics more than any other poster here.

It seems like déjà vu...

LOL! Physician,heal thyself!

How about remind me when *I* started running for President? If I tell you that I am going to fix all of America's problems by using common sense and  hiring the right managers,will you promise to vote for me?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Were you also a Catholic Priest at one point?

A friend wants to know.

Now,THAT'S funny!

Send me some money,and I will have my pal,God,forgive you of all your sins.

Send enough,and I'll get him to forgive future sins!

Party on,Garth!

Offline Carling

LOL! Physician,heal thyself!

How about remind me when *I* started running for President? If I tell you that I am going to fix all of America's problems by using common sense and  hiring the right managers,will you promise to vote for me?

It's weird, but we had a poster who used the exact same tactics banned here recently as his anger at all things Trump turned into insanity.

Talking about Bob Dole wearing diapers is Trolling 101.  If your idea was to come here and act like a child, well done, I guess.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:38:46 pm by Carling »

Offline libertybele

I know very little about Dole other than he lacks credibility and he is a retired politician.  I wish he would call up his buddy McCain and convince him to join the ranks of retirement.   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know very little about Dole other than he lacks credibility and he is a retired politician.  I wish he would call up his buddy McCain and convince him to join the ranks of retirement.   :silly:

:amen:

Offline aligncare

I admire Bob Dole's service in war but NOT his service in the political realm. They are two separate and distinct things!

I can think of one good thing the Doles did. Elizabeth Dole was secretary of Transportation when she pushed for a change in brake lights:

During her tenure, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, mandated the installation of a Center high-mounted stop lamp on new cars; these are sometimes called "Liddy Lights" in her recognition.[14] She worked with MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) to pass laws withholding federal highway funding from any state that had a drinking age below twenty-one. The state government of South Dakota opposed the drinking age law and sued Dole in the case South Dakota v. Dole, but the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Dole. She oversaw the privatization of the national freight railroad, CONRAIL. She initiated random drug testing within the Department of Transportation.

Some I like. Some I don't.

Offline flowers

I can think of one good thing the Doles did. Elizabeth Dole was secretary of Transportation when she pushed for a change in brake lights:

During her tenure, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, mandated the installation of a Center high-mounted stop lamp on new cars; these are sometimes called "Liddy Lights" in her recognition.[14] She worked with MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) to pass laws withholding federal highway funding from any state that had a drinking age below twenty-one. The state government of South Dakota opposed the drinking age law and sued Dole in the case South Dakota v. Dole, but the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Dole. She oversaw the privatization of the national freight railroad, CONRAIL. She initiated random drug testing within the Department of Transportation.

Some I like. Some I don't.
  Red Cross....she was prez of the Red Cross during the Oklahoma bombing. That left a sour taste in many mouths what she did.

Offline NavyCanDo

Had to briefly return from my BR posting hiatus during this nastiest portion of the election season to just say ‘What the Hell”.   Sarah Palin, Bob Dole.    Who next, Karl Rove?

Does anyone else feel like we are living in the movie, The Invasion of the Body Snatchers?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

Had to briefly return from my BR posting hiatus during this nastiest portion of the election season to just say ‘What the Hell”.   Sarah Palin, Bob Dole.    Who next, Karl Rove?

Does anyone else feel like we are living in the movie, The Invasion of the Body Snatchers?

I complained to the maître d' my pod was to tight and undercooked, but what are ya' gonna do? It's tough to find good help these days.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, Big-- you enjoy. 

I've already put sneaky on ignore.  Let's just too damn short.   :laugh:

That's too bad.  He's got a lot of valuable stuff to say. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I do....

nice to see ya...stick around..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

That's too bad.  He's got a lot of valuable stuff to say.

Yeah, like how I lack imagination.  **nononono*

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I just love all of this making fun of a WWII veteran that served his country honorably.  You all are really showing your true colors.

Alice, I'm surprised by that.  Nobody's making fun of Mr. Dole's service.

Surely you're not saying that because he has done heroic things that excludes him from all criticism for the rest of his life?  That doesn't sound like something you would say.

Offline Carling

And how Bob and Elizabeth Dole wear Depends.

High-brow stuff!

Offline libertybele

Not yet.  :silly:  Nice to hear from you Navy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well, I didn't see that when I wrote my post.

I would say you are very imaginative. 

Offline musiclady

YES!!!!

GOOD to see you, Navy!  Your wit and wisdom has been missed!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Alice, I'm surprised by that.  Nobody's making fun of Mr. Dole's service.

Surely you're not saying that because he has done heroic things that excludes him from all criticism for the rest of his life?  That doesn't sound like something you would say.

It's something that a conservative shouldn't say.

Bob Dole has never been made fun of for his service, or valor.  His politics, however, are a different story.

And his endorsement of Trump should carry NO weight with a serious conservative or Republican.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

High-brow stuff!

It really is, isn't it?  Never thought I would see the day when that kind of crap would be applauded here.  Criticize Dole's positions - but I hope you all don't ever have to get old and wear a diaper.  See how you feel when a bunch of infantile people make fun of you for it. 

I respect Bob Dole, he has never acted in any way that was deserving of this $hit.  That offends me greatly.  I guess I'm going to have to watch where I step on the playground now - monkeys throwing a lot of feces around and stuff.

(spit)

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mountaineer

Bob Dole is 92, his wife is 79. I've never, ever in my life been disrespectful to my elders. It's just not how I was raised. Remarks about Depends or dementia are uncalled for.  However, if someone older than I says something with which I disagree, why not comment on it?

Age or military service does not render one immune to criticism if they've said or done something that merits it. One of the biggest local jerks I've known was a POW in WWII. He later became a big Democrat in our town and state. I respected his service and his sacrifice, but strongly disagreed with his political positions and actions.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline katzenjammer

High-brow stuff!

I guess telling another member to "Eat $hit and Die" is part of the new norm too!!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,191933.msg768040.html#msg768040

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
biggest local jerks I've known was a POW in WWII. He later became a big Democrat in our town and state. I respected his service and his sacrifice, but strongly disagreed with his political positions and actions.

No one should disparage someone's military service, but when they enter politics their decisions that pertain to us is open for debate.

ps...I agree with alice above...we don't need to hear about who does or does not wear Depends...show the the Dole's some respect.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34