Author Topic: Bob Dole Warns of ‘Cataclysmic’ Losses With Ted Cruz, and Says Donald Trump Would Do Better  (Read 7556 times)

Offline flowers

I'd say a lot more than that face to face.

*I* am the one that deserves the apology.
Actually no, we do.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alright...enough already...back to the topic of the thread please
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline famousdayandyear

Alright...enough already...back to the topic of the thread please

As I have requested several times--privately--please disable my account.

Offline Carling

That stinks.

But hey, this new poster is already playing the victim card.

Sound familiar??? 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I just love all of this making fun of a WWII veteran that served his country honorably.  You all are really showing your true colors.
Yeah, I am astonished because my father was a WWII Purple Heart veteran, and I grew up with deep respect for people like my father and Bob Dole.

The people that have no restraint in disrespecting them, are despicable.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

What senator Dole's comment is about is primary politics--and one man's opinion, albeit a man of some stature, regarding the prospective outcome of the GOP presidential race. But, his comments also represents the opinion of others who may not share the senator's particular brand of politics, but agree with him on this.

Primary politics can get so messy, you know what I mean? Everyone's got these pesky different opinions, you gotta spend time thinking about things other than food and sex. I hate hate primary season.

Offline libertybele

Sorry to see you go ... I have found the ignore button to be a valuable tool.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

You're not leaving, are you? I'd hate to see that. I like hearing others talk about their background and experience.

I don't blame you if you're upset, though. Civility has seen better days and better generations. The anonymity of online chatter seems to give some folks license to be too blunt in their exchanges (maybe unnecessarily rude might be a better description).

Offline musiclady

Sorry to see you go ... I have found the ignore button to be a valuable tool.

I don't understand why the need to abandon a forum such as this one.  I know it gets a bit dicey at times, but are there seriously any political forums out there that don't?

I have two people on ignore who have personally attacked me, and one person has me on ignore because of how I responded when she personally attacked me.

I may put this new guy on ignore, but overall everything's cool............   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

You're not leaving, are you? I'd hate to see that. I like hearing others talk about their background and experience.

I don't blame you if you're upset, though. Civility has seen better days and better generations. The anonymity of online chatter seems to give some folks license to be too blunt in their exchanges (maybe unnecessarily rude might be a better description).

The latter IS the better description.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I disagreed with Dole earlier in this thread.

I commented about the "new" poster who made fun of the Doles in a vicious and disgusting manner.  That kind of nonsense is an insult to this community.

Some new people here have recounted their past forums and histories, as if it is a game to play internet "dodge ball" with multiple identities, getting kicked of etc.

GOP Briefing Room, on the other hand, has not been the type of place that served as their playgrounds.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Sorry to see you go.

Offline katzenjammer

Sorry to see you go, FDAY, I always enjoy reading your take on the topics.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually no, we do.

Ain't gonna happen. Deal with it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Some new people here have recounted their past forums and histories, as if it is a game to play internet "dodge ball" with multiple identities, getting kicked of etc.

GOP Briefing Room, on the other hand, has not been the type of place that served as their playgrounds.

If you are talking about me,be man enough to say so.

Then find me using any screen name other than sneakypete on any political forum,and give us a URL.

Either put up,or admit you are wrong.

Offline flowers

:patriot:.........spot on post. No way we have to lose you famousdayandyear for these types of whac-a-moles. one leaves and we get 2 or 3 more.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:40:45 am by mystery-ak »

Offline famousdayandyear

:patriot:.........spot on post. No way we have to lose you famousdayandyear for these types of whac-a-moles. one leaves and we get 2 or 3 more.

Thank you for saying my post was "spot on".  So...where did my post disappear to?  The GBR black hole?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If you are talking about me,be man enough to say so.

Then find me using any screen name other than sneakypete on any political forum,and give us a URL.

Either put up,or admit you are wrong.

Just between you and I I think this is much more about you disdain for Mr. Trump than anything you actually said.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Just between you and I I think this is much more about you disdain for Mr. Trump than anything you actually said.

Like hell it is.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thank you for saying my post was "spot on".  So...where did my post disappear to?  The GBR black hole?

I am the black hole...I removed it!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline flowers

You are quite welcome. It was spot on. The way I feel here now a days. Why do the newbies get to insult us? myst you could have just taken out the foul language in famousdayandyear post....just like you did for the newbie.  :smokin: 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

That is EXACTLY what it is all about. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That is EXACTLY what it is all about.

Never-the-less this isn't TOS and your life here will be much better here if you can just leave of the suggestions about what other posters should or shouldn't do!

Just a suggestion since this IS just your first day here!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:08:40 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You are quite welcome. It was spot on. The way I feel here now a days. Why do the newbies get to insult us? myst you could have just taken out the foul language in famousdayandyear post....just like you did for the newbie.  :smokin:

newbies don't get to insult and neither do all the other members...there was just toooo much to edit in famous's post
Support the USO