Author Topic: Bob Dole Warns of ‘Cataclysmic’ Losses With Ted Cruz, and Says Donald Trump Would Do Better  (Read 7626 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sorry to see you go ... I have found the ignore button to be a valuable tool.

Dittos!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Just between you and I I think this is much more about you disdain for Mr. Trump than anything you actually said.

Really?

I think it all started when he used the term "Trumpeter".  Some people called him out on it and said we don't insult people here. 

I said a few days ago that I was sick and tired of trying to talk like an adult with people that insist on mocking and insulting people because they support Trump - NOT - because they don't like Trump.  I said a few days ago that if someone is going to dish out mockery and ridicule - don't be upset when it gets served right back to you.  That's why I posted this:

Blather on dude. 

What's that sound?

Oh yeah, the bell is ringing, recess is over. 

That's when he told me to ESAD.  I didn't even know what that meant.    :shrug:

I'm done playing nice with people that have bad manners. 

I can't believe that you think it was because of his "disdain" for Trump.  Believe me, I'm very used to the "disdain" - that doesn't get a rise out of me.  People that like Trump deal with that all day long here and we don't get nasty about it.  I thought the rule was that we don't attack the supporters - just the candidate.  I thought that was considered a personal attack.  Tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt by telling him that we don't do that here - but he doesn't care. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

Yes,we wouldn't want to offend your delicate sensibilities over a subject as squeaky clean and forthright as politics,would we?

sneakypete, you seem like a sharp guy, one that's been around the block a few times, and has his eyes "wide open" in that you see through a lot of the typical crap that the politicians from 'both' parties have spewed for decades.  I suspect that you will make a lot of interesting  and thought-provoking posts over time.

No one here thinks that politics is anywhere close to being "clean and forthright," not even in the same galaxy.  And there aren't too many "rules" here on what people can say in their posts, EXCEPT we strive very hard to not attack fellow members.  Bash the candidates/politicians, challenge and confront the ideas and opinions that you don't agree with, just keep your sights off the other members.  The old "play the ball, not the man" type of approach.

I say this to you as someone that has broken that rule before.  In fact, I made a vicious attack one evening in January of last year on two other members.  I was that pissed off at what their posts said.  I apologized to those two members and our owner.  Then I gave myself a "time-out" of about 9 months, until I was sure that when I returned, I could stick with playing the ball, and not the man.  I don't tell you this because I am some kind of a saint, I tell it to you in an attempt to let you know how much people here respect each other, and our gracious host.

Just some words of advice to a new member, I am sure that you won't find this one RULE to be a problem, and will contribute a lot of great thoughts and commentary in this small community.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:10:45 am by katzenjammer »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Really?

I think it all started when he used the term "Trumpeter".  Some people called him out on it and said we don't insult people here. 

I said a few days ago that I was sick and tired of trying to talk like an adult with people that insist on mocking and insulting people because they support Trump - NOT - because they don't like Trump.  I said a few days ago that if someone is going to dish out mockery and ridicule - don't be upset when it gets served right back to you.  That's why I posted this:

I can't believe that you think it was because of his "disdain" for Trump.  Believe me, I'm very used to the "disdain" - that doesn't get a rise out of me.  People that like Trump deal with that all day long here and we don't get nasty about it.  I thought the rule was that we don't attack the supporters - just the candidate.  I thought that was considered a personal attack.  Tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt by telling him that we don't do that here - but he doesn't care.

Good gracious Alice! This is the man's FIRST day here! Cut him a little slack!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

:patriot:.........spot on post. No way we have to lose you famousdayandyear for these types of whac-a-moles. one leaves and we get 2 or 3 more.

Word!

Offline katzenjammer

Really?

I'm willing to give the guy another chance, first "day on the job" and all... especially if he can apologize to you and the community.  Sound reasonable?

Offline libertybele

sneakypete, you seem like a sharp guy, one that's been around the block a few times, and has his eyes "wide open" in that you see through a lot of the typical crap that the politicians from 'both' parties have spewed for decades.  I suspect that you will make a lot of interesting  and thought-provoking posts over time.

No one here thinks that politics is anywhere close to being "clean and forthright," not even in the same galaxy.  And there aren't too many "rules" here on what people can say in their posts, EXCEPT we strive very hard to not attack fellow members.  Bash the candidates/politicians, challenge and confront the ideas and opinions that you don't agree with, just keep your sights off the other members.  The old "play the ball, not the man" type of approach.

I say this to you as someone that has broken that rule before.  In fact, I made a vicious attack one evening in January of last year on two other members.  I was that pissed off at what their posts said.  I apologized to those two members and our owner.  Then I gave myself a "time-out" of about 9 months, until I was sure that when I returned, I could stick with playing the ball, and not the man.  I don't tell you this because I am some kind of a saint, I tell it to you in an attempt to let you know how much people here respect each other, and our gracious host.

Just some words of advice to a new member, I am sure that you won't find this one RULE to be a problem, and will contribute a lot of great thoughts and commentary in this small community.

Great advice Katz.  Unlike a lot of other forums we really try to respect each other in here regardless of opinion.  Most people who insist that they need to offend someone or name call are usually shown the door.  We are like family in here; conservatives who want to win this election and most of us know how critical it is.  We all have differences of opinions and we all have our favorite candidates; some are still undecided.  Attacking one another in here is very counter productive.

Peace.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

Good gracious Alice! This is the man's FIRST day here! Cut him a little slack!
Nope......I agree with Alice. It is his FIRST day and he tells her to ESAD? No slack. As long as they are allowed to run free over here. No slack.

Offline aligncare

It's always wiser to address the message, not the messenger; the ball, not the batter.

Persuading someone to your pov by bullying them makes no sense. There are ways to say your piece without using insulting language.

Offline aligncare

You walk into someone's house and the first thing you do is spit on the floor? That says a lot about a person.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What was it Harry Truman once said about "heat" and "kitchens"....?

Offline libertybele

I believe in second chances and I think we have all laid out some very simple boundaries. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:30:13 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

That's cute, Bigun.  But why do I need to be personally insulted?    Like I said, life's too short.

Offline libertybele

You walk into someone's house and the first thing you do is spit on the floor? That says a lot about a person.

...hmm...they are frustrated an need to vent?   :whistle:

That's too bad.  He's got a lot of valuable stuff to say.

Nah.  He's here to just spew.  That's not valuable.

Offline libertybele

Meanwhile we continue having to get our news from FOREIGN news sources!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3410858/As-Trump-woos-primary-voters-New-York-records-indicate-NEVER-voted-Republican-presidential-primary.html

Thanks for the post.  As time goes one, Trumps actions are beginning to speak louder than his words.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That's cute, Bigun.  But why do I need to be personally insulted?    Like I said, life's too short.

Only because YOU choose to take it that way!  We can either face life head on or we can... well! You know!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Only because YOU choose to take it that way!  We can either face life head on or we can... well! You know!

...oh good grief!!!  Bigun insulting you?? Seriously??  I've told people in other forums that I thought that they had their head buried in the sand .... here I thought I was being honest, not insulting. No wonder it wasn't appreciated.   :shrug:

Except he's not part of my life.  And I choose to keep it that way.

But YOU, I adore!   ^-^

...oh good grief!!!  Bigun insulting you?? Seriously??   :shrug:

If I understand your post, I think you came late to my conversation with Bigun and misunderstood.  Bigun isn't the one doing the insulting.  We were discussing a certain Newbie.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm willing to give the guy another chance, first "day on the job" and all... especially if he can apologize to you and the community.  Sound reasonable?

I never said I wanted the guy banned.  It's not my site and I really don't care - he can apologize to the community, but I could give a rip if he apologizes to me - I'm going to be ignoring him from here on out. 

:beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Except he's not part of my life.  And I choose to keep it that way.

But YOU, I adore!   ^-^

ROFLMFAO!!!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien